[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1/8.1][A6020] AOKP-ROM - Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus | OMS/Substratum

Search This thread

pradeesa

Jan 4, 2014
chennai
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Poco F3
AnTuTu Benchmark score of vibe K5 plus in AOKP ROM

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161224-174134.png
    Screenshot_20161224-174134.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Reactions: dr.bathman

sullivan781

Nov 24, 2015
Arapiraca

Philips9

Dec 24, 2011
when tried to change to switch to f2fs i ended with this error on data.
mkfs.f2fs -t 0 -r 16384 /dev/blok/mmb1k0p30
process ended with error: 255
unable to wipe data.
error changing file system.
luckily its only appearing on data.
so anyone who knows how to fix this please help me. @Shreps or anyone

Yes, that is exactly the error I got.
I solved it changing the file system of the "2 Data" partition from f2fs to ext4.

Last edited:

pradeesa

Jan 4, 2014
chennai
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Poco F3
I am not able to use ear phones.
When i connect earphone , than a strange sound comes 3-4 times(tak tak tak), status bar shows the icon when connected. But sound comes out from speaker. Please solve this problem.
A40 variant
Rest is all good.
Thanks for this awesome ROM:)
:fingers-crossed::good::angel:
I am having the same problem. Any solution? I am using k5 plus 3GB Ram

bik95122

Apr 18, 2016
Vasai-Virar
Time to flash this ROM, after death of PAC then CM, as when i switch to them, they POOF!, now its time for AOKP ;), kidding, but that was disappointing and i know those ROMs may keep on updating for fix.

i never tried this rom, but now i realized this is official rom and nightly updates :cyclops: (sorry for late expression)
so soon i be with unknown bugs if found with logcat

thankyou

pradeesa

Jan 4, 2014
chennai
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Help guys!!! Lenovo vibe k5 plus

Suddenly My phone is not booting up. Lenovo logo comes then everything becomes blank. Power+Volume up or down nothing works so that I couldn't open Boot menu or recovery mode. I have been using AOKP rom for past few days. Please help me guys. I don't know what to do

romulocarlos

Oct 10, 2011
Belo Horizonte
Help guys!!! Lenovo vibe k5 plus

Suddenly My phone is not booting up. Lenovo logo comes then everything becomes blank. Power+Volume up or down nothing works so that I couldn't open Boot menu or recovery mode. I have been using AOKP rom for past few days. Please help me guys. I don't know what to do

Restore your phone with QFIL. You can find a ROM and the steps to restore here. Good luck!

Reactions: pradeesa

romulocarlos

Oct 10, 2011
Belo Horizonte
I have not unlocked bootloader and i have not even enabled developer options. Can I still restore my phone?
Sorry for asking instead of trying i don't have a laptop with me now I have to reach my home and try that

No need to unlock bootloader ou something like that. Maybe you have to discover combination keys to put the phone in bootloader mode, only. The link show one combination.

Bootloader mode will be only a black screen, but the phone is on. You will see a "com port" installed on your computer when the phone is in this mode, if all drivers are correctly installed. This "com port" will be used by qfil to restore your phone.

Reactions: pradeesa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    106.png

Android. Infused with magical unicorn bytes
    The unicorn eats nougat and oreo and farts rainbows :D

Hi,
    Here is AOKP 7.1/8.1 for the Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus

Requirements:
    - TWRP 3.0.3+ build: Recovery TWRP 3.0.3-n1 for K5
    - You can now use the Official TWRP builds

How to install:
    From stock
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Backup your phone!
    4. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    5. Flash/Install ROM
    6. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM64 Mini or smaller is recommanded)
    7. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM
    5. Reboot

Official Nightly builds Downloads:
    http://xfer.aokp.co/?developer=AOKP&folder=A6020
    https://basketbuild.com/devs/aokp/A6020

Old Beta builds Downloads:
    https://moto.shreps.fr

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1/8.1][A6020] AOKP-ROM - Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus | OMS/Substratum, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    Shreps, scritch007
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP/device_lenovo_A6020

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3 Recovery
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2016-11-15
    Last Updated 2018-07-25
    Reserved

AOKP Gerrit: http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged

This ROM now implements OMS.

What is OMS ?
    OMS: (Overlay Manager Service) was designed by google. It's a layer/theme service which is used by Substratum: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum&hl=fr

So basically, if you install Substratum, you will be able to apply any theme on the ROM UI because OMS has been implemented.

For the record, on PAC MM or AOKP MM, they were using CyanogenMod Theme Engine for theming the UI, but since CMTE has not been implemented for Nougat, many choose to use OMS & Substratum instead.

Screenshot_20161115-114050.png Screenshot_20161115-114031.png

device-2017-01-03-142534.jpg device-2017-01-03-142552.png device-2017-01-03-142603.png
    Bump
    AOKP Oreo (8.1) is now official for this device.

Big thanks again to @Harry8242 and his great development and contribution !

Cheers,
    Hello guys,

Here we go for Official Nightly builds made by AOKP Buildbot : https://basketbuild.com/devs/aokp/A6020

Enjoy !
    Finaly I could install this ROM. This is what I found for now. Maybe some of them was already listed, but anyway, there are:

1. Shotcuts on lock screen desapear from nothing, the top ones or the righ bottom;
    2. Alarm icon and some others desappears after reboot, and after re-enable them appears a blank space at right of battery icon;
    3. Notification led don't turns green when fully charged;
    4. Notification led don't stay lit, it always pulse even if I disable this on settings. I uncheck this, go back, and if I return to this setting, it is re-enabled itself. I have to add personalized led notification to each app I want to keep always lit;
    5. I don't have a warning telling an alarm is next, like PAC-ROM;
    6. "Don't disturb" (or "Do not perturb") keep some sounds even it is enable only priority alarms. As well, the icon for schedule time for "do not perturb" is different for manual "do not perturb" (from the status bar pull down menu): the scheduled is a "plus" sign, the other is a "minus". Can anyone tell the difference or how to have always "minus" scheduled, please?
    7. Some calls still alive after some seconds even when I terminate them;
    8. I use a PIN for lock my phone. If I configure a direct call to lock screen, it dials the number directly, don't asking for PIN. Any other shortcut ask for PIN;
    9. I can't find the icon to change the screen off timer on status bar pull down menu. I have to go to settings to change this timer;
    10. How I can 'centralize' the listings? They always appears at bottom of screen;
    11. Date and time aren't correct after a reboot. I have to keep automatic date and time from network in settings;
    12. After a reboot, battery mode is always at 'balanced', even if I configure to 'performance'.

Other issues:
    1. I haved to use TWRP R2 instead R4, because R4 shows two 'data' partitions. With this, R4 always returns erros about can't mount or format data;
    2. System is very low in free space, so I used TWRP R2 to backup the whole ROM, and just after I restored it, like sayed before. I gain about 1,2Gb of free space, and can move some user apps to system partition;
    3. There are translation errors, at least for brazilian portuguese: a lot of words are still in English.

Even with these, the ROM is the best I used until now. Is really fast, camera works fine, and there a lot of options to personalize. Very, very thanks for the ROM.

I'm using 12-12-2016 build on a L36 variant.

Thx for this great and detailed feedback.
    I made a new build today, with somes fixes, let me know how it's going:
    * Fixed system and other partitions size, so you should be able to flash micro or mini Gapps for example now.
    * Added the LiveDisplay in the kernel
    * Divided light sensor returned value by 10 this is much much closer to what we get from the Moto G4 Plus sensor
    * xxhdpi density (tks to Dinokin)
    * Tethering should be fixed