[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1/8.1][A6020] AOKP-ROM - Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus | OMS/Substratum

Search This thread

akashi23

Nov 4, 2016
Well I just tested here, I'd first like to say that the percentage did not go up or it's apparently not working. Then realized that even using the phone the percentage was not falling so I thought, will the phone received the most charge could not read. Anyway I believe some problem is happening. That's my impression. Sorry for bad English.

BHARDIK

May 27, 2012
Rajkot, Gujarat
www.hardikahir.in
when this ROM support Volte, as the official LineageOS support Volte for now, even there is a port available of lineageos which support Volte , i tried but not working ,so switched back to AOKP :) m not asking for ETA just any news that it will be supported in future or not ?:)
Device:- Vibe K5 Plus A6020a46 , 3GB RAM, FHD 1080p, snap 616.(indian user)

Regard,
Hardik

punkzerboy

May 28, 2014
Bovril
With new build of day 09 and last TWRP now F2FS works for me (doesn't work f2fs on day 08 build), but my little cores got stuck at 1.2ghz and doesn't go to deep sleep, my battery drains in 4hours

CygnusBlack

Feb 20, 2011
when this ROM support Volte, as the official LineageOS support Volte for now, even there is a port available of lineageos which support Volte , i tried but not working ,so switched back to AOKP :) m not asking for ETA just any news that it will be supported in future or not ?:)
Device:- Vibe K5 Plus A6020a46 , 3GB RAM, FHD 1080p, snap 616.(indian user)

Regard,
Hardik
Shreps asked chaubeyprateek about the VoLTE segment of Lineage so that he can merge it into AOKP.
chaubeyprateek did not publicly answered on his thread yet. You can send him a PM and ask privately.
Good luck to us all :p

Last edited:

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
Shreps asked chaubeyprateek about the VoLTE segment of Lineage so that he can merge it into AOKP.
chaubeyprateek did not publicly answered on his thread yet. You can send him a PM and ask privately.
Good luck to us all :p

Well, it's seems those guys don't want to contribute. They want to keep everything private.
So, we will see with @scritch007 if we can bringup VoLTE by ourselves without them...
Too bad to have to make the work twice...

CygnusBlack

Feb 20, 2011
Well, it's seems those guys don't want to contribute. They want to keep everything private.
So, we will see with @scritch007 if we can bringup VoLTE by ourselves without them...
Too bad to have to make the work twice...
That's too bad. This is supposed to be a community where the common goal should be helping everybody.
Perhaps they'll change their mind before scritch007 starts working on it.

Reactions: netship

CygnusBlack

Feb 20, 2011
@Shreps
Any idea of what's going on with the noisy audio at startup? I'm waiting for this bug to be ironed out so I can install AOKP on my wife's phone. I don't want to die...:eek:

Akmxx

Sep 3, 2016
Offline changing is working:confused: but the battery percentage doesn't go up it stays the same value a long time after using the device then goes down.
I charged it from 58% booted up, it was 56% and stayed same for half an hour with usage on nightly 10/01

adekboreanaz

Aug 21, 2014
Jakarta
Offline changing is working:confused: but the battery percentage doesn't go up it stays the same value a long time after using the device then goes down.
I charged it from 58% booted up, it was 56% and stayed same for half an hour with usage on nightly 10/01
You should see commit messages, still need testing
So yeah, it isn't working, for me too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170111-155134.png
    Screenshot_20170111-155134.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 341

bik95122

Apr 18, 2016
Vasai-Virar
@Shreps
Any idea of what's going on with the noisy audio at startup? I'm waiting for this bug to be ironed out so I can install AOKP on my wife's phone. I don't want to die...:eek:

don't worry, fix will be soon, if @Shreps just put a silent beeping sound at startup animation :)

As every new ones first time try any of this ROM family, first and common bug they found is this sound static, squeaking, cracking or whatever you say, is that can be a lifehack fix when any sound play like if you press volume button, and that volume button sound, that instantly fix unless you disable that, to make sure this able in setting->sounds->more sound.

In my case one bug automatically fix that, as with alarm bug, if you have set alarm not matter what time, whenever reboot, alarm start trigger ringing irrespective to time and automatically disappears in seconds, no need to dismiss, well this bug fix static, cracking sound, man i love this bug! dont fix untill you get fix for static sound. ;)

well, but those isn't solution! everyone knows!

Cheap Solution is if Dev put a startup sound during booting up animation, i know most of us hate startup and shutdown sound, even i hate that, but i am talking about a fake sound, a silent and very low volumed beep sound is enough

hope this helpful

Scurzmann

Jul 10, 2014
Tagbilaran City
don't worry, fix will be soon, if @Shreps just put a silent beeping sound at startup animation :)

Putting a sound when the device boots is a clever workaround to fix the hissing startup sound, but that won't fix the also annoying crackling notification sound when a message arrives for sure. For the record, I've a moto g4 plus running official aokp also built by Shreps and there's no distortion in startup/notification sound. Don't know why this is happening to our device. @Shreps could you elucidate what's going on?

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
Putting a sound when the device boots is a clever workaround to fix the hissing startup sound, but that won't fix the also annoying crackling notification sound when a message arrives for sure. For the record, I've a moto g4 plus running official aokp also built by Shreps and there's no distortion in startup/notification sound. Don't know why this is happening to our device. @Shreps could you elucidate what's going on?
It's happening because we had to hack the audio lib to get speakers working.
I think that maybe something is missing is this lib, but hard to find what.
I think we will had this boot sound, that's a nice first quick win workaround.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    106.png

Android. Infused with magical unicorn bytes
    The unicorn eats nougat and oreo and farts rainbows :D

Hi,
    Here is AOKP 7.1/8.1 for the Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus

Requirements:
    - TWRP 3.0.3+ build: Recovery TWRP 3.0.3-n1 for K5
    - You can now use the Official TWRP builds

How to install:
    From stock
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Backup your phone!
    4. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    5. Flash/Install ROM
    6. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM64 Mini or smaller is recommanded)
    7. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM
    5. Reboot

Official Nightly builds Downloads:
    http://xfer.aokp.co/?developer=AOKP&folder=A6020
    https://basketbuild.com/devs/aokp/A6020

Old Beta builds Downloads:
    https://moto.shreps.fr

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1/8.1][A6020] AOKP-ROM - Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus | OMS/Substratum, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    Shreps, scritch007
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP/device_lenovo_A6020

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3 Recovery
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2016-11-15
    Last Updated 2018-07-25
    Reserved

AOKP Gerrit: http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged

This ROM now implements OMS.

What is OMS ?
    OMS: (Overlay Manager Service) was designed by google. It's a layer/theme service which is used by Substratum: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum&hl=fr

So basically, if you install Substratum, you will be able to apply any theme on the ROM UI because OMS has been implemented.

For the record, on PAC MM or AOKP MM, they were using CyanogenMod Theme Engine for theming the UI, but since CMTE has not been implemented for Nougat, many choose to use OMS & Substratum instead.

Screenshot_20161115-114050.png Screenshot_20161115-114031.png

device-2017-01-03-142534.jpg device-2017-01-03-142552.png device-2017-01-03-142603.png
    Bump
    AOKP Oreo (8.1) is now official for this device.

Big thanks again to @Harry8242 and his great development and contribution !

Cheers,
    Hello guys,

Here we go for Official Nightly builds made by AOKP Buildbot : https://basketbuild.com/devs/aokp/A6020

Enjoy !
    Finaly I could install this ROM. This is what I found for now. Maybe some of them was already listed, but anyway, there are:

1. Shotcuts on lock screen desapear from nothing, the top ones or the righ bottom;
    2. Alarm icon and some others desappears after reboot, and after re-enable them appears a blank space at right of battery icon;
    3. Notification led don't turns green when fully charged;
    4. Notification led don't stay lit, it always pulse even if I disable this on settings. I uncheck this, go back, and if I return to this setting, it is re-enabled itself. I have to add personalized led notification to each app I want to keep always lit;
    5. I don't have a warning telling an alarm is next, like PAC-ROM;
    6. "Don't disturb" (or "Do not perturb") keep some sounds even it is enable only priority alarms. As well, the icon for schedule time for "do not perturb" is different for manual "do not perturb" (from the status bar pull down menu): the scheduled is a "plus" sign, the other is a "minus". Can anyone tell the difference or how to have always "minus" scheduled, please?
    7. Some calls still alive after some seconds even when I terminate them;
    8. I use a PIN for lock my phone. If I configure a direct call to lock screen, it dials the number directly, don't asking for PIN. Any other shortcut ask for PIN;
    9. I can't find the icon to change the screen off timer on status bar pull down menu. I have to go to settings to change this timer;
    10. How I can 'centralize' the listings? They always appears at bottom of screen;
    11. Date and time aren't correct after a reboot. I have to keep automatic date and time from network in settings;
    12. After a reboot, battery mode is always at 'balanced', even if I configure to 'performance'.

Other issues:
    1. I haved to use TWRP R2 instead R4, because R4 shows two 'data' partitions. With this, R4 always returns erros about can't mount or format data;
    2. System is very low in free space, so I used TWRP R2 to backup the whole ROM, and just after I restored it, like sayed before. I gain about 1,2Gb of free space, and can move some user apps to system partition;
    3. There are translation errors, at least for brazilian portuguese: a lot of words are still in English.

Even with these, the ROM is the best I used until now. Is really fast, camera works fine, and there a lot of options to personalize. Very, very thanks for the ROM.

I'm using 12-12-2016 build on a L36 variant.

Thx for this great and detailed feedback.
    I made a new build today, with somes fixes, let me know how it's going:
    * Fixed system and other partitions size, so you should be able to flash micro or mini Gapps for example now.
    * Added the LiveDisplay in the kernel
    * Divided light sensor returned value by 10 this is much much closer to what we get from the Moto G4 Plus sensor
    * xxhdpi density (tks to Dinokin)
    * Tethering should be fixed