[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1/8.1][A6020] AOKP-ROM - Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus | OMS/Substratum

Search This thread

Mohan37

Nov 6, 2018
Can I flash AKT( Advanced Kernal Tweaks) over this ROM and also any custom kernal to get more sot. I do not use my phone that much but still have to charge it twice it twice a day.
Although battery over thus ROM is much better than other I have used. But I want more juice.
I know its device problem having a 2700 mah battery. But my most task are very lite with lots of browsing. So just asking, can I do that. If yes which kernal would you suggest.

Last edited:

Mohan37

Nov 6, 2018
There is low in call volume in this ROM . I have a6020a46 varient. Please any solution or fix.
The mic fix in Magisk too don't works.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Deleted.

eurodiesel

Sep 18, 2017
The Middle of Nowhere
Can I flash AKT( Advanced Kernal Tweaks) over this ROM and also any custom kernal to get more sot. I do not use my phone that much but still have to charge it twice it twice a day.
Although battery over thus ROM is much better than other I have used. But I want more juice.
I know its device problem having a 2700 mah battery. But my most task are very lite with lots of browsing. So just asking, can I do that. If yes which kernal would you suggest.
Look here.
https://xdaforums.com/k5-plus/help/how-long-battery-t3826561/post77306137

Sent from my Lenovo Vibe K5 using XDA Labs

walterfuster

May 10, 2016
Speaking about battery juice here, right?
As you well suggest, @eurodiesel, hotplug will help you on battery saving of course, but you can still do one more thing:
There's a recently mod named LKT (Legendary Kernel Tweaks), which proclaims to be adaptable to the SoC.
It's not an universal mod, as the most. On flashing does a previous check of what your socket is, and then applies the corresponding tweaks as consecuence.
It's constantly supported and updated.
Does it work? I can say YES. it works. not a placebo.
If you want give it a try, get it from magisk repository, since it's a magisk module.
for feedback and reports, you can join to the telegram group chat:

https://t.me/LKT_XDA

Akash Raj1

Aug 5, 2017
Villupuram
Speaking about battery juice here, right?
As you well suggest, @eurodiesel, hotplug will help you on battery saving of course, but you can still do one more thing:
There's a recently mod named LKT (Legendary Kernel Tweaks), which proclaims to be adaptable to the SoC.
It's not an universal mod, as the most. On flashing does a previous check of what your socket is, and then applies the corresponding tweaks as consecuence.
It's constantly supported and updated.
Does it work? I can say YES. it works. not a placebo.
If you want give it a try, get it from magisk repository, since it's a magisk module.
for feedback and reports, you can join to the telegram group chat:

https://t.me/LKT_XDA
Can I use this over PBH tweaks?

Mohan37

Nov 6, 2018
How can I enable auto call recording in this ROM. Just asking or I will have to download any app from playstore

adinechin

AOKP team is waiting for Lineage official nightlies to start official AOKP ones.
But on my side for K5, nothing will happen for now. Harris seems want to keep Lineage 16 updated but with private trees, that's his choice ^^
Hi @Shreps, do you think there is a way on your side to manage multiple SIM on Oreo or not at all ? I know that Harris has given up because he is basing his work on old blobs, but perhaps there is another way ? Thanks for all your work on our phone anyway ;)

Sent from my Vibe K5 Plus using XDA Labs

Johnny Joestar

Feb 28, 2019
Stuck into eternal boot loop

Okay, I need some help. When I tried to install the ROM using TWRP, it got error 7, so I thought about going back to the stock ROM I was sure it would install. The only problem is: after the wipe I just can't boot into TWRP in ANY WAY. Not even using adb commands.
It's just stuck in the lenovo boot screen.
When I try the buttons it just stays there. When I plug into the computer and type "adb devices" it just shows nothing or "unauthorized".
Only when I power down, put it into the PC's USB to charge and then turn it on it appears on "adb devices" as "device".
But when I type "adb reboot bootloader" (or recovery) it justs restarts on the same screen and vanishes from adb.
If I just wait a little, it resets and goes "unauthorized".
uDCAzMH.png

I've searched EVERYWHERE on the internet how to fix this thing. I know I've wiped the system, cache, dalvik, data, etc, but I made a backup with TWRP on my SD Card BEFORE doing it, if I can access it I can backup or just install the stock ROM.
I also didn't do anything to TWRP itself, so there must be a way to boot into it.
I can’t even fastboot it again since the device isn’t recognized.
I’ve tried updating drivers on my Windows 10 but that doesn’t seem to be the issue here.
Please, if anyone can offer some help, I've exhausted my knowledge here. Without being able to use adb I'm stuck.
My K5 is A6020l36, btw.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    106.png

Android. Infused with magical unicorn bytes
    The unicorn eats nougat and oreo and farts rainbows :D

Hi,
    Here is AOKP 7.1/8.1 for the Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus

Requirements:
    - TWRP 3.0.3+ build: Recovery TWRP 3.0.3-n1 for K5
    - You can now use the Official TWRP builds

How to install:
    From stock
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Backup your phone!
    4. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    5. Flash/Install ROM
    6. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM64 Mini or smaller is recommanded)
    7. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    1. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM
    5. Reboot

Official Nightly builds Downloads:
    http://xfer.aokp.co/?developer=AOKP&folder=A6020
    https://basketbuild.com/devs/aokp/A6020

Old Beta builds Downloads:
    https://moto.shreps.fr

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1/8.1][A6020] AOKP-ROM - Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus | OMS/Substratum, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    Shreps, scritch007
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP/device_lenovo_A6020

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3 Recovery
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2016-11-15
    Last Updated 2018-07-25
    Reserved

AOKP Gerrit: http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged

This ROM now implements OMS.

What is OMS ?
    OMS: (Overlay Manager Service) was designed by google. It's a layer/theme service which is used by Substratum: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum&hl=fr

So basically, if you install Substratum, you will be able to apply any theme on the ROM UI because OMS has been implemented.

For the record, on PAC MM or AOKP MM, they were using CyanogenMod Theme Engine for theming the UI, but since CMTE has not been implemented for Nougat, many choose to use OMS & Substratum instead.

Screenshot_20161115-114050.png Screenshot_20161115-114031.png

device-2017-01-03-142534.jpg device-2017-01-03-142552.png device-2017-01-03-142603.png
    Bump
    AOKP Oreo (8.1) is now official for this device.

Big thanks again to @Harry8242 and his great development and contribution !

Cheers,
    Hello guys,

Here we go for Official Nightly builds made by AOKP Buildbot : https://basketbuild.com/devs/aokp/A6020

Enjoy !
    Finaly I could install this ROM. This is what I found for now. Maybe some of them was already listed, but anyway, there are:

1. Shotcuts on lock screen desapear from nothing, the top ones or the righ bottom;
    2. Alarm icon and some others desappears after reboot, and after re-enable them appears a blank space at right of battery icon;
    3. Notification led don't turns green when fully charged;
    4. Notification led don't stay lit, it always pulse even if I disable this on settings. I uncheck this, go back, and if I return to this setting, it is re-enabled itself. I have to add personalized led notification to each app I want to keep always lit;
    5. I don't have a warning telling an alarm is next, like PAC-ROM;
    6. "Don't disturb" (or "Do not perturb") keep some sounds even it is enable only priority alarms. As well, the icon for schedule time for "do not perturb" is different for manual "do not perturb" (from the status bar pull down menu): the scheduled is a "plus" sign, the other is a "minus". Can anyone tell the difference or how to have always "minus" scheduled, please?
    7. Some calls still alive after some seconds even when I terminate them;
    8. I use a PIN for lock my phone. If I configure a direct call to lock screen, it dials the number directly, don't asking for PIN. Any other shortcut ask for PIN;
    9. I can't find the icon to change the screen off timer on status bar pull down menu. I have to go to settings to change this timer;
    10. How I can 'centralize' the listings? They always appears at bottom of screen;
    11. Date and time aren't correct after a reboot. I have to keep automatic date and time from network in settings;
    12. After a reboot, battery mode is always at 'balanced', even if I configure to 'performance'.

Other issues:
    1. I haved to use TWRP R2 instead R4, because R4 shows two 'data' partitions. With this, R4 always returns erros about can't mount or format data;
    2. System is very low in free space, so I used TWRP R2 to backup the whole ROM, and just after I restored it, like sayed before. I gain about 1,2Gb of free space, and can move some user apps to system partition;
    3. There are translation errors, at least for brazilian portuguese: a lot of words are still in English.

Even with these, the ROM is the best I used until now. Is really fast, camera works fine, and there a lot of options to personalize. Very, very thanks for the ROM.

I'm using 12-12-2016 build on a L36 variant.

Thx for this great and detailed feedback.
    I made a new build today, with somes fixes, let me know how it's going:
    * Fixed system and other partitions size, so you should be able to flash micro or mini Gapps for example now.
    * Added the LiveDisplay in the kernel
    * Divided light sensor returned value by 10 this is much much closer to what we get from the Moto G4 Plus sensor
    * xxhdpi density (tks to Dinokin)
    * Tethering should be fixed