[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1] CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies for i9300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

niccolomarchi

Mar 8, 2011
Clock >> Widget settings >> Weather panel >> Use metric :)
In widget there's Celsius
b3e7e0ee53fa0f761afa83902348c079.jpg

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Lucifer III

Sma5hley

May 20, 2013
In widget there's Celsius

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

I've got the same bug here, everything is Celsius except in the title bar.

It's the same when I download Chronus and use it as Weather Provider. So I guess it is a CM bug. I'm not sure where to report this, so I guess we will have to wait for the CM weather Devs to get on to it..

J.Oblak

Jun 12, 2015
I was on 20160412 NIGHTLY, when I decided to move on to 20160427. After that, my phone got stuck on the i9300 Boot Screen. I dirty flashed the same nightly again so my GApps started to crash and my sim card states as "No Data Sim Card" and is on Emergency Calls only. I tried dirty flashing GApps again but it won't work. I tried updating modems and also clean flashed cm and gapss and everything, yet the problem exists. My Baseband is being shown and the IMEI too. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I facing same issue with the latest 20160505 NIGHTLY. I have no problem in flashing step, everything normal and no error but my network show "no service - FRiENDi mobile" (FRiENDi is my carrier). Baseband and imei seem no problem because it same before I flashing 20160505 NIGHTLY.

tadydrift

Dec 18, 2015
Saint-Médard-en-Jalles
Hi, I facing same issue with the latest 20160505 NIGHTLY. I have no problem in flashing step, everything normal and no error but my network show "no service - FRiENDi mobile" (FRiENDi is my carrier). Baseband and imei seem no problem because it same before I flashing 20160505 NIGHTLY.

if you have imei problem then it's becauae you did something wrong when installed, i know ut i had that issue before, it can be fixed by completly wiping everything on the device , clear all data cache system and internal card, then flash stock rom via odin or samsung kies, samsung kies might be better as it can get you the official stock firmware and baseband.

i am using nightly 05/06/2016 dirty flashed it on nightly 26/03/2016.
explain how did you flash rom and Gapps

Apmauj

Sep 13, 2014
Montevideo
Today i was given a SIII with JB, can i flash recovery and cm13 or there are something to do first? :D:D:D

Yes you can, you need to root the phone, flash TWRP from odin, and from TWRP you can install any nightly form here and any other rooms, have fun! :good:

I can confirm also the Farenheit temp bug in title bar...

Reactions: gabyzen

J.Oblak

Jun 12, 2015
if you have imei problem then it's becauae you did something wrong when installed, i know ut i had that issue before, it can be fixed by completly wiping everything on the device , clear all data cache system and internal card, then flash stock rom via odin or samsung kies, samsung kies might be better as it can get you the official stock firmware and baseband.

i am using nightly 05/06/2016 dirty flashed it on nightly 26/03/2016.
explain how did you flash rom and Gapps

I dont have imei problem, very sure about that because previous imei and baseband did not change after install rom, and phone can recognize my carrier. Top left corner at lock screen show "No service - FRiENDi mobile" (FRiENDi is my carrier). I am using archidroid v3.1.5 previously, install TWRP 3.0.2-1 using odin v3.09, wipe all data cache and system, and install cm13 from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i9300 and open gapps arm 6.0 stock.

Last edited:

tadydrift

Dec 18, 2015
Saint-Médard-en-Jalles
I dont have imei problem, very sure about that because previous imei and baseband did not change after install rom, and phone can recognize my carrier. Top left corner at lock screen show "No service - FRiENDi mobile" (FRiENDi is my carrier). I am using archidroid v3.1.5 previously, install TWRP 3.0.2-1 using odin v3.09, wipe all data cache and system, and install cm13 from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i9300 and open gapps arm 6.0 stock.

Ok, so try to make the install on TwRP 3.0.1.0 then make first a factory reset, then wipe cache, dalvik, system, data. Once it's done install the CM 13.0 nightly 05/05/2016 rom directly after flash the gapps, ( recommend aroma, pico, nano versions ) select arm, for android 6.0.

Once the gapps have been flashed directly reboot.

It should do it.

You didn't dirty flash on archidroid rom right?

If after these instruction, it doesn't work let me know

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Someone using often gps? Work ok, don't lost signal??

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300 przy użyciu Tapatalka

GPS is working fine no signal lost

Reactions: VanXamar

2rgman

Apr 15, 2012
Hi, someone know how is 06/05 nightly? is 720p youtube and Facebook video bug gone?
There is a smdk4412 commit reverted that's why i'm ask

Thanks!

J.Oblak

Jun 12, 2015
Ok, so try to make the install on TwRP 3.0.1.0 then make first a factory reset, then wipe cache, dalvik, system, data. Once it's done install the CM 13.0 nightly 05/05/2016 rom directly after flash the gapps, ( recommend aroma, pico, nano versions ) select arm, for android 6.0.

Once the gapps have been flashed directly reboot.

It should do it.

You didn't dirty flash on archidroid rom right?

If after these instruction, it doesn't work let me know

Hi, I have done all step you told. Tried several version off twrp and gapps, even tried falshing rom without any gapss but same problem happened to me.:(:(:(

tadydrift

Dec 18, 2015
Saint-Médard-en-Jalles
Hi, I have done all step you told. Tried several version off twrp and gapps, even tried falshing rom without any gapss but same problem happened to me.:(:(:(

flashing rom without gapps is a bad idea anyway, make a nandroid backup of the data in twrp firsr, secondly could you tell me if your imei number is starts with 0049, if yes then it's the Imei number.

first revert the phone to stock and see if you still have the issue. If reverting the phone to stock solve this, then re-root and redo the whole install process.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I am using 6.4.16 open gapps and all working good

is the newer Gapps have better reliability and performance?

Andregee

Mar 29, 2016
with the build 20160501 i had a very poor deep sleep rate mainly caused by battery monitor wakelock while wlan was activated. There was no problem, only using the mobile network. It was the same problem that i had with Android 4.0 ICS. After the Samsung update to 4.1 the problem was solved. With the actuall build 20160505, the battery monitor wakelock is gone, but now l2_hsic keeps my phone awake. Is this problem known, or am i the only one with that? Deactivating wlan solfes the issue but thats a turnaround that i don´t prefer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    250px-CyanogenMod_logo.svg.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is not void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Wiki
    Official CyanogenMod Wiki: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/i9300_Info

Installation
    (NOTE: if you experience robotic voice during calls: see the FAQ for a fix)
    First time CyanogenMod 14.1 installation on your Galaxy S III:
    • Read the official Wiki page
    • Flash a custom recovery via Heimdall or Odin
    • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 14.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash the CM 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash GApps from SD card
    • Reboot
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod (even from 13.0) :
    • Update your recovery - CM Recovery will be done automatically, TWRP can be downloaded from here (NOTE: you need 3.0.2-2 to automatically install updates in CM14.1)
    • Push the new CM 14.1 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the CM 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash the most recent GApps for 7.1 if you are upgrading from earlier android version
    • Reboot

Downloads
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporting bugs
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs reported in the lastest 5 pages of this thread. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    Phone Informations
    * CM version
    * Gapps version
    What you did:
    * Wipe data: y/n
    * Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n
    * Restore with titanium backup: y/n
    You're using (if yes write which one) :
    * Task killer
    * Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
    * Non-stock kernel
    * Modified kernel settings
    * Other mods
    Bug info:
    * Last version it worked on
    * Repro steps

F.A.Q.
    (see next post)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    forkbomb444, Nameless, Haxynox, JustArchi
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2015-12-17
    Last Updated 2016-12-25
    FAQ

Robotic voice during calls?
    Make sure you're on the I9300XXUGMK6 modem. Instructions are here

Root?
    CM ships with root, enable developer options and look in Settings -> Developer options -> root access

Google camera crashes?
    Use Google Camera from the play store, not from gapps

There's a non-device related bug? - such as SystemUI crashes triggered by performing a certain action, stray settings entries, theme crashes, translation, etc.
    I just work on the device support - not something I'll fix.

Something that worked in the last nightly doesn't work in the new nightly? - bootloops? Something new is broken? It can all go here.
    Quick, to the bug tracker!

Some other issue?
    You can't just say 'x is broken!' and expect me to magically find the bug and fix it.
    Here's what I need:
    1. Steps to reproduce - I don't care if "it's simple". I want to know exactly what you were doing at the time of the bug. How'd it happen? Does it only happen on Tuesdays when watching a specific YouTube video? Include it *all*
    2. What happened - in what way is this *not* the expected behaviour? Don't just say "it didn't play/upload/whatever". Did the entire phone crash? Did it show an error? Did it just show an endless progress indicator? Again, I need specifics here.
    3. Logcat/last_kmsg - Include the whole thing please, and if your phone's been running for a while, give me a rough region of time when the issue happened. Use last_kmsg if your device reboots unexpectedly, otherwise use a logcat. (See below for info on how to get them)

How to logcat?
    See here (read up to the end of the "logcat" section).
    Upload it to a pastebin, include the link in your bug report.

or if you're on your phone and can't get to a computer:

I'd like to provide logs for problems I'm reporting, but I can't sit by my computer all the time ...

If you install a terminal (this one works nicely) and type this:
    Code:
    su
    then, accept the superuser prompt, and type
    Code:
    logcat -d > /sdcard/logcat.txt
    it should save a logcat at /sdcard/logcat.txt. You can change the filename, and it will overwrite whatever exists already at /sdcard/logcat.txt

How to get last_kmsg?
    Copy /proc/last_kmsg and upload the file contents to a pastebin, include the link to that in your bug report
    Flickering should be fixed in the next nightly.
    Hi!

CM 14.1 is coming!

Upgrading to CM14.1
    1. Backup
    2. Update TWRP to version 3.0.2-2 - download it here
    3. Flash new CM
    4. Flash new GApps

You will need the updated TWRP to automatically take *any* updates (i.e. by using the "update" button in the ROM) starting from the next build - you can safely install the next update with your current TWRP.

If you don't update TWRP, you'll have to manually install all updates.
    Hey,

I intend to keep working on i9300 for Lineage. There's not much else to say at the moment, but keep an eye on the website for more updates.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone