[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1] CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies for i9300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

qb74

Dec 2, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
I'm facing some issues with the microphone voice quality. If I use screencast, my voice is perfect. When I use the default audio recorder, the quality is bad (.amr format). With the .wav format, the quality is pretty good (a little bit distorted, but just a LITTLE), but not so good as the screencast one! And finally, when I record an audio note with WhatsApp, the quality is horrible (way more distorted sound)! And also, if I record something during a concert (example), or if I scream, the audio is "bzzzz" (you know what I mean here) because the audio is too loud. Is there a way to fix this? I remember facing this issue since December I think.. That's why I left this ROM and went back to stock. Now that I'm back, the problem is still here? :(
^ this issue is still present in the latest CM13 snapshot, talking about the whatsapp one. Any solutions to this?

sonvegeta

Feb 22, 2015
Jundiaí
@forkbomb444

Is it maybe time to start a new LineageOS thread for the I9300 (without comments on the current CM14.1 build)? This one is getting a bit long in the tooth and a fresh start might do everyone a world of good.
I agree.

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

Uploaded my 27th Dec build (from lineageos github) to androidfilehost. It boots. Don't know if RIL works as I have no SIM in the phone. You can find from my name or from i9300 if you want to try. I'm not posting a link as this is not the right forum for that. This is not my work, I've just sync'd the repo and brunch'd it. All credit goes to @forkbomb444

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Dirty was fine for me. YMMV

Trying it right now.

Simon_29

May 22, 2015
Hamm
Uploaded my 27th Dec build (from lineageos github) to androidfilehost. It boots. Don't know if RIL works as I have no SIM in the phone. You can find from my name or from i9300 if you want to try. I'm not posting a link as this is not the right forum for that. This is not my work, I've just sync'd the repo and brunch'd it. All credit goes to @forkbomb444

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Also working for me thx :)

LuciferIII

Feb 26, 2016
Prizren

Flashed,works fine.
Thx for uploading this,now flashlight works fine. :laugh:

Leejhay1714

Apr 2, 2015
Today's LineageOS uploaded. I'll sort my Jenkins server out later so it can auto-build. I won't be doing it for long though as my OnePlus 3T has just arrived, so I can't see me using my i9300 for long :)
The 27build is unofficial cm name? Just asking because can't find lineageOs name.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

My bad i see it now 29 build is lineag name, i suggest to make new thread for this because it's becoming the topic now here

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers mobile app

baltics

Feb 18, 2014
493d241b3842a2432c9daa44f141a53e.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA-Developers mobile app

beardymarrow

Oct 23, 2011
My jenkins server is now working so it should produce nightlies and FTP them up to AFH automatically. I'll still need to manually publish them, and like I say my s3 is my old phone now, so not a priority for me, but I'll try to build until lineageos get their build servers up and running.

ItsAamir

Nov 25, 2016
My jenkins server is now working so it should produce nightlies and FTP them up to AFH automatically. I'll still need to manually publish them, and like I say my s3 is my old phone now, so not a priority for me, but I'll try to build until lineageos get their build servers up and running.

Glad to hear from you that :) Thank you so much for new UnOfficial builds :)
One Suggestion Sir...Please create a new thread in S3 i9300 development Section, just like Pesci2k did, because this thread is for official builds people will confused here...so please Sir don't mind and think little on my suggestion :) :)

Last edited:

beardymarrow

Oct 23, 2011
Glad to hear from you that :) Thank you so much for new UnOfficial builds :)
One Suggestion Sir...Please create a new thread in S3 i9300 development Section, just like Pesci2k did, because this thread is for official builds people will confused here...so please Sir don't mind and think little on my suggestion :) :)
I'm sorry but this isn't my main phone so I'm not going to become the op of a new thread.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

OK I will remove it

But you will need to edit and remove your copy of my post to ensure the link is removed.
Don't worry. I didn't want to disrespect @forkbomb444 by posting a link to an unofficial build in his thread is all, but I had built them so thought it useful to share that fact.

ItsAamir

Nov 25, 2016
I'm sorry but this isn't my main phone so I'm not going to become the op of a new thread.

As you wish Sir..i understand now S-3 is not your main phone...but i just give a suggestion :)

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Not much of interest has happened yet, beyond name changing. Maybe soon... Stay tuned :)

I like the word "Soon" ;) :) Thank you Dev :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    250px-CyanogenMod_logo.svg.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is not void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Wiki
    Official CyanogenMod Wiki: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/i9300_Info

Installation
    (NOTE: if you experience robotic voice during calls: see the FAQ for a fix)
    First time CyanogenMod 14.1 installation on your Galaxy S III:
    • Read the official Wiki page
    • Flash a custom recovery via Heimdall or Odin
    • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 14.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash the CM 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash GApps from SD card
    • Reboot
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod (even from 13.0) :
    • Update your recovery - CM Recovery will be done automatically, TWRP can be downloaded from here (NOTE: you need 3.0.2-2 to automatically install updates in CM14.1)
    • Push the new CM 14.1 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the CM 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash the most recent GApps for 7.1 if you are upgrading from earlier android version
    • Reboot

Downloads
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporting bugs
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs reported in the lastest 5 pages of this thread. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    Phone Informations
    * CM version
    * Gapps version
    What you did:
    * Wipe data: y/n
    * Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n
    * Restore with titanium backup: y/n
    You're using (if yes write which one) :
    * Task killer
    * Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
    * Non-stock kernel
    * Modified kernel settings
    * Other mods
    Bug info:
    * Last version it worked on
    * Repro steps

F.A.Q.
    (see next post)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    forkbomb444, Nameless, Haxynox, JustArchi
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2015-12-17
    Last Updated 2016-12-25
    FAQ

Robotic voice during calls?
    Make sure you're on the I9300XXUGMK6 modem. Instructions are here

Root?
    CM ships with root, enable developer options and look in Settings -> Developer options -> root access

Google camera crashes?
    Use Google Camera from the play store, not from gapps

There's a non-device related bug? - such as SystemUI crashes triggered by performing a certain action, stray settings entries, theme crashes, translation, etc.
    I just work on the device support - not something I'll fix.

Something that worked in the last nightly doesn't work in the new nightly? - bootloops? Something new is broken? It can all go here.
    Quick, to the bug tracker!

Some other issue?
    You can't just say 'x is broken!' and expect me to magically find the bug and fix it.
    Here's what I need:
    1. Steps to reproduce - I don't care if "it's simple". I want to know exactly what you were doing at the time of the bug. How'd it happen? Does it only happen on Tuesdays when watching a specific YouTube video? Include it *all*
    2. What happened - in what way is this *not* the expected behaviour? Don't just say "it didn't play/upload/whatever". Did the entire phone crash? Did it show an error? Did it just show an endless progress indicator? Again, I need specifics here.
    3. Logcat/last_kmsg - Include the whole thing please, and if your phone's been running for a while, give me a rough region of time when the issue happened. Use last_kmsg if your device reboots unexpectedly, otherwise use a logcat. (See below for info on how to get them)

How to logcat?
    See here (read up to the end of the "logcat" section).
    Upload it to a pastebin, include the link in your bug report.

or if you're on your phone and can't get to a computer:

I'd like to provide logs for problems I'm reporting, but I can't sit by my computer all the time ...

If you install a terminal (this one works nicely) and type this:
    Code:
    su
    then, accept the superuser prompt, and type
    Code:
    logcat -d > /sdcard/logcat.txt
    it should save a logcat at /sdcard/logcat.txt. You can change the filename, and it will overwrite whatever exists already at /sdcard/logcat.txt

How to get last_kmsg?
    Copy /proc/last_kmsg and upload the file contents to a pastebin, include the link to that in your bug report
    Flickering should be fixed in the next nightly.
    Hi!

CM 14.1 is coming!

Upgrading to CM14.1
    1. Backup
    2. Update TWRP to version 3.0.2-2 - download it here
    3. Flash new CM
    4. Flash new GApps

You will need the updated TWRP to automatically take *any* updates (i.e. by using the "update" button in the ROM) starting from the next build - you can safely install the next update with your current TWRP.

If you don't update TWRP, you'll have to manually install all updates.
    Hey,

I intend to keep working on i9300 for Lineage. There's not much else to say at the moment, but keep an eye on the website for more updates.