• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Official][8.1.0][Hammerhead] Resurrection Remix Oreo v.6.x.x

Search This thread

mandayugana

Jan 17, 2012
I don't want to make risk and do repartitioning, is there any flashable zip to flash Google play services and Google play store just to make the ROM work properly as if i flashed open gapps???
please

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There is alternative repartitioning that resize system partition without resizing userdata partition, so we don't have to lose any data. It enlarges system partition to 1674MB and shrinks cache partition to 50MB.

Reactions: al.droidx

mandayugana

Jan 17, 2012
give me link to this method, and does cache size enough to have no lag?

As far as I'm aware, 700MB cache partition is needed by Google OTA update. It is way too much for custom ROM.

https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/partitions-images

cache: The cache partition stores temporary data and is optional if a device uses A/B updates. The cache partition doesn't need to be writable from the bootloader, only erasable. The size depends on the device type and the availability of space on userdata. Currently 50MB-100MB should be ok.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019
I have a noob-ish question: After repartitioning, I installed the latest (14/05) RR Pie ROM with nano gapps and rooted with Magisk 19.2. ROM works fine and smooth. However, SELinux status is set on Permissive. Is it supposed to be like this, or did I do something wrong on my part?
Also, it seems that I cannot modify the /system folder's content (I granted root access on my file explorer app and enabled RW on /system). I tried to systemize a Google Camera 3.2 apk. Moved the apk to /system/priv-app, changed permissions to rw- r-- r--, reboot, but then no app icon appears on the drawer and the apk is gone from /system folder. Same thing happens when I put the apk in /system/app. This always worked on previous Android versions. Is it a Pie thing? Should I start from scratch? Thanks.

UPDATE: Regarding modifying /system, I did a clean install again. This time I flashed ROM and Gapps only. After the first boot and Google account setup, I flashed Magisk on its own (no other zips in queue). Now everything works fine. Leaving this here just in case someone faces the issue I describe above.

Last edited:

kostastnt

Feb 14, 2008
Thessaloniki
I can't use the camera. I tried the stock app and open camera and both don't work. Stock camera app says can't connect to camera and open camera says that camera is used by another app. How to fix that error?

likith008

Oct 5, 2016
I can't use the camera. I tried the stock app and open camera and both don't work. Stock camera app says can't connect to camera and open camera says that camera is used by another app. How to fix that error?
Just try restarting the phone once or twice. It works!

This is a problem with all the ROMs for nexus 5 which are pie based. Not sure why!

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

This ROM is actually stable compared to others. All the other pie ROMs tend to have memory issues where they freeze up on a blank screen for 2-3 min and slow down for a while. Needed a restart. I tried floko, crDroid. Both were same.

I opened RR for Oreo but found this and it works like it should.

Thanks a lot dev!

Mark_8

May 25, 2018
guys, can you clarify me about this rom release version?
in the android file host there a lot of aosip pizza builds but i noticed in the RR website there other versions; for example one for our nexus 5 is named: "RR-P-v7.0.2-20190514-hammerhead-Official.zip"
are they the same, or include different code?
the pizza one is 370MB and the "official" one is 430MB (??)

May 25, 2019
No, man. They are totally different ROMs. If you want ResurrectionRemix, you can get it from their site. FYI, all RR ROM zips should have this filename style: "RR-Android_version-ROM_version-build_date-device_name-Official(or Unofficial).zip"

AirCombat

Oct 20, 2012
Toronto
aureliusr.mine.nu
Gapps won't fit, even after repartition

So, I did a full wipe of my Nexus 5, following the instructions from the repartition thread. Installed hh_clarmor_repartition.zip which went just fine, after install was able to format all partitions. Installed RR-O-v6.2.1-20181209-hammerhead-Final.zip which again went just fine. However, just like before, even when trying to install micro gapps, it still says there isn't enough room. This seems crazy, because after the repartition shouldn't there be plenty of room?

Really confused. Do I really have to install the pico version? I'm stumped here. Do I need to boot into RR first, and then reboot back into recovery? I installed the TWRP version from that repartition thread as well, so that's not the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as without gapps... well... kinda useless.

May 25, 2019
So, I did a full wipe of my Nexus 5, following the instructions from the repartition thread. Installed hh_clarmor_repartition.zip which went just fine, after install was able to format all partitions. Installed RR-O-v6.2.1-20181209-hammerhead-Final.zip which again went just fine. However, just like before, even when trying to install micro gapps, it still says there isn't enough room. This seems crazy, because after the repartition shouldn't there be plenty of room?

Really confused. Do I really have to install the pico version? I'm stumped here. Do I need to boot into RR first, and then reboot back into recovery? I installed the TWRP version from that repartition thread as well, so that's not the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as without gapps... well... kinda useless.

Did you resize the file system via TWRP or flash the resize.zip after flashing ROM and before flashing Gapps? This ROM was built for 1GB system and /system folder will be reverted to 1GB if no resizing is done... Newer ROMs support the 1.5GB system without the need for resizing.
Before you do anything, check your /system folder's size: In TWRP, go to Wipe--> Advanced Wipe --> Check "system" --> Repair or change file system. If the size is 1533MB then the repatition went okay and something else is wrong. If you see a size around 1024MB, then the system size was changed back to stock 1GB and you have to start all over again... Read the first couple of pages on the repartition thread; there are some Q&A's for the resizing process there.

JP_XI

Apr 26, 2018
Hotspot not working

Hotspot (usb tethering or any kind of internet sharing) automatically turning off when mobile data is on in the latest build. Anyone know the solution?

CarloHD

Nov 25, 2012
Sicilia
I finally bought this beloved nexus5, I'm trying to flash this rom, I followed the guide to increase the space of the system partition to flash the gapps, everything goes smoothly, except for the fact that once the rom and the gapps are flashed, during the bootanimation it reboot to recovery. solutions?

Top Liked Posts