Search This thread

elemefaaoo

Jun 28, 2018
Kasaragod

Sourabh Gharde

May 13, 2017
Sonipat
Samsung Galaxy M21
I downgraded from Pixel Experience Pie to Oreo because I wanted to use magiak manager.
I have noticed that there is some problem with the sensors.
Auto rotate on landscape works strange. Usually turns upside down. Also while playing games that use tilt (motion) for control work strangely. It works when I move my phone up down while its supposed to work on left right direction.
I know this ROM has been discontinued but please do let me know is it just with my device or anyone else is also facing same issue.
Everything war normal on previous ROMs that I flashed.

elemefaaoo

Jun 28, 2018
Kasaragod
I downgraded from Pixel Experience Pie to Oreo because I wanted to use magiak manager.
I have noticed that there is some problem with the sensors.
Auto rotate on landscape works strange. Usually turns upside down. Also while playing games that use tilt (motion) for control work strangely. It works when I move my phone up down while its supposed to work on left right direction.
I know this ROM has been discontinued but please do let me know is it just with my device or anyone else is also facing same issue.
Everything war normal on previous ROMs that I flashed.
It is not just your phone, it's a common problem.

Flash this from twrp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZgaWydW4c7Eo5vuRw_Vhc6EVmBFThNV2/view
Rotation will be fixed

Reactions: Sourabh Gharde

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
This is not the place for it.
Where is the place for it?

How does your logic work?

asking first;
after getting the answer;
then checking/comparing the answer with the contents of the mod/fix/whatever;
if the answer doesn't match and the contents of the mod/fix/whatever don't seem to be safe, then I'll never trust the person for a long time;
else, making backup of the file(s) and/or partitions that's going to be modified;
then flashing the mod/fix/whatever;
if something gone wrong/any problems immediately or in the future;
restore the backup;

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
Find the place using your logic ;)

It seems my logic and yours are somehow work differently, not in the negative way though, it just makes our discussion going nowhere.

I hope next time we will have a good discussion.

Oh, about the sensor fix, I suggest you to edit the updater-script to include renaming the original file to samething else (sns.reg.bak maybe), so the new file won't replace the original file, that way if the sns.reg from the fix somehow doesn't work well with stock miui roms or other roms, to reverse the change would simply needs only a script to remove the new file and rename the original file back to sns.reg.

That's because the sns.reg is located in the persist partition, and flashing stock miui rom doesn't include persist partition.

elemefaaoo

Jun 28, 2018
Kasaragod
I suggest you to edit the updater-script to include renaming the original file to samething else (sns.reg.bak maybe), so the new file won't replace the original file, that way if the sns.reg from the fix somehow doesn't work well with stock miui roms or other roms, to reverse the change would simply needs only a script to remove the new file and rename the original file back to sns.reg.
No need to add the script back again, it was there in the previous version, removed it purposefully because there won't be a need for the backup. You can add it if you want ;)

Avisadius

Sep 18, 2018
I ve using last europan xiaomi rom, install using official twrp 3.3.1.0, am i can using this rom on my riva? I ve trying using another rom like a lineage, and viper, i ve already download it, a few months ago, but stuck on logo, anyone can fixed it?

Sent from my riva using XDA Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts