[ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0][SANTONI] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r1]

Search This thread

Samuitan

Oct 13, 2018
Rhineland-Palatinate
This rom still has the initial pie build of October. Isn't the rom development active ? No updates since then. Currently am using pe pie rom only but from different maintainer named silent_27 from a russian website named pda. It receives updates from weekly to fortnightly. It is great actually. The only problem being everything is in russian from their website to their telegram channel and there's no xda thread for it.

Hmm..you made me curious lol. I installed this rom from your link.
PixelExperience_go_santoni-9.0-20181218-1919-OFFICIAL.zip from silent_27 . Like it so far. Sad that there is no thread for it. Very smooth,no bugs so far.

Did a clean flash. Magisk 18 didnt work for me. Using 17.3 now. Nice Rom. Thx for sharing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181224-173152.png
    Screenshot_20181224-173152.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:

prashant2198

Aug 2, 2017
PixelExperience_go_santoni-9.0-20181218-1919-OFFICIAL.zip from silent_27 . Like it so far. Sad that there is no thread for it. Very smooth.

Did a clean flash. Magisk 18 didnt work for me. Using 17.3 now. Nice Rom.
Magisk 18 works completely for me.

dhrjbhtt0

Jan 20, 2017
Good for you. No Problem using Magisk 17.3 Think..My device has personality rofl. It dont like every Magisk and hate Rockstar Kernel. Never got root with it on different Roms. But with this Rom eveeyrhing seems good out of the box :silly:

thx again mate. Sorry for english..im german.
Yeah completely agree with you, its a flawless rom through and through, and the best part is that gcam comes pre-installed; I've been using it with gabriel kernel, and battery life is excellent too.

The developer, though not here on xda, can be found on telegram, goes by the username @silent27_4pda, and can help you with any issues you may have. The rom has been updated to 23 dec build now, in a different GO_NEW on his gdrive, dont know what is different this time. If one believes in him, the rom is official now.

prashant2198

Aug 2, 2017
Yeah completely agree with you, its a flawless rom through and through, and the best part is that gcam comes pre-installed; I've been using it with gabriel kernel, and battery life is excellent too.

The developer, though not here on xda, can be found on telegram, goes by the username @silent27_4pda, and can help you with any issues you may have. The rom has been updated to 23 dec build now, in a different GO_NEW on his gdrive, dont know what is different this time. If one believes in him, the rom is official now.
1) The developer himself may not help you out. I heard he's busy and all. The telegram group however is quite active so you can put your query there.
2) I didn't find any 23 dec build, the latest is of 18 dec. The changelog on pda too mentions nothing after the 18th dec build. And if the rom had gone official then it would have been on the pe website and would have had a xda thread. Maybe the go new are the test versions of the rom.

Reactions: Samuitan

dhrjbhtt0

Jan 20, 2017
1) The developer himself may not help you out. I heard he's busy and all. The telegram group however is quite active so you can put your query there.
2) I didn't find any 23 dec build, the latest is of 18 dec. The changelog on pda too mentions nothing after the 18th dec build. And if the rom had gone official then it would have been on the pe website and would have had a xda thread. Maybe the go new are the test versions of the rom.
Here is the link to the new folder I was talking about:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JCjmyDDlkByGHLRbVs4LCE8s25MQcz0t
Could you share the link to the telegram group?
And i did say that its official only if one were to believe the developer, as he puts the word "official" in his builds. I'm skeptical whether its actually official or not.

Reactions: dedycx

dedycx

Mar 8, 2014
Karawang

Error Network:
⚡Update Pixel Experience GO⚡

Changes:
?Updating the sources
?The core of the Wolf by default
?Included hardware memory.
Hardware setup reserves 1 MB of default memory operations.
Setup is to backup only the used memory
?Added system property to set the size of the client AudioFlinger
?In extensions OTA added patch to remove ViperFX and the Phantom Kernel

PS: the build is not available via OTA, since OTA switches to another hosting and domain.
Set manually for future updates via OTA

Download: Google Drive
Screenshot_20181225-035028.jpg

Oery

Mar 16, 2008

Would you make new thread, based on these version of Pixel Exp. Thanks.

dhrjbhtt0

Jan 20, 2017
Would you make new thread, based on these version of Pixel Exp. Thanks.
Hmmm, I think you have a point here, someone should make a new thread for these new PE go builds, but not me frankly. I think someone should take permission from silent27 on telegram and only then do that, someone experienced in maintaining rom threads. I dont have any experience in that area. I would rather request you to do that if you can, or someone else over here. Thank you.

Reactions: Samuitan

prashant2198

Aug 2, 2017
Here is the link to the new folder I was talking about:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JCjmyDDlkByGHLRbVs4LCE8s25MQcz0t
Could you share the link to the telegram group?
And i did say that its official only if one were to believe the developer, as he puts the word "official" in his builds. I'm skeptical whether its actually official or not.
Ok I ll check it out. Btw the term 'official' is just used so that the ota updates can be delivered. Pe developer jherique too agreed to this. But the the prefix 'go' had to be added too so that it doesn't create confusion with vimal's pe pie build.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Hmmm, I think you have a point here, someone should make a new thread for these new PE go builds, but not me frankly. I think someone should take permission from silent27 on telegram and only then do that, someone experienced in maintaining rom threads. I dont have any experience in that area. I would rather request you to do that if you can, or someone else over here. Thank you.
Actually I asked silent_27 for a xda thread. He didn't reply ?. One should ask in the telegram groups I guess.

dhrjbhtt0

Jan 20, 2017
Ok I ll check it out. Btw the term 'official' is just used so that the ota updates can be delivered. Pe developer jherique too agreed to this. But the the prefix 'go' had to be added too so that it doesn't create confusion with vimal's pe pie build.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Actually I asked silent_27 for a xda thread. He didn't reply . One should ask in the telegram groups I guess.
Yeah that is understandable since english doesnt seem to be the first language of silent27. There is someone by the name "error check" or similar on the tg group, and he does converse in english. He might be of help if someone wishes to make a separate thread.

Ward77

Sep 8, 2017
PixelExperience_go_santoni-9.0-20181218-1919-OFFICIAL.zip from silent_27 . Like it so far. Sad that there is no thread for it. Very smooth,no bugs so far.

Did a clean flash. Magisk 18 didnt work for me. Using 17.3 now. Nice Rom. Thx for sharing.
Hey someone said this ROM had GCAM by default, can you send the APK please?

S0NB

Jun 2, 2011
Has anyone figured out how to disable the capacitive buttons in PE?

I wanted to test the Pie's navigation and activated the navbar in the build.prop. Now, it all would work great if my fat fingers wouldn't hit the capacitive buttons every time I want to touch the navbar. So, the capacitive buttons must go.

I followed a few tutorials, which steps include going to System->Usr->Keylayout and commenting out key codes 139, 158 and 172 in the file Generic.kl. There were other key codes as well, none of them worked. I reboot my phone and the buttons are still working. I remember this method definitely worked in MIUI.

Ward77

Sep 8, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to disable the capacitive buttons in PE?

I wanted to test the Pie's navigation and activated the navbar in the build.prop. Now, it all would work great if my fat fingers wouldn't hit the capacitive buttons every time I want to touch the navbar. So, the capacitive buttons must go.

I followed a few tutorials, which steps include going to System->Usr->Keylayout and commenting out key codes 139, 158 and 172 in the file Generic.kl. There were other key codes as well, none of them worked. I reboot my phone and the buttons are still working. I remember this method definitely worked in MIUI.
I used PE for a couple of days but not anymore, I remember there's an option in settings for that, isn't it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i3OR5Mx.jpg

PixelExperience for Redmi 4/4x [Santoni]

What is this?
    An AOSP based ROM, with gapps included, and all Pixel stuffs (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).

Based on Android 8.1

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website
    Useful files
    Pixel 2016 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
    Pixel 2017 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
    AR Stickers for Google Camera (normal apk)

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned for something awesome

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 4, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 4X

Contributors
    vimal101, TeamGhost , TeamReloaded
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest MIUI Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-01-20

Created 2018-01-20
    Last Updated 2018-02-21
    Changelog:
    06-02-2018 :
    Fixed Gcam
    Fixed Incall volume
    Upstreamed Kernel

07-02-2018 :
    - Initial Official Build
    - February Security patch
    - ROM source updates
    - Some Kernel Changes

21-02-2018 :
    - Fixed AOD
    - Added Xiaomi Doze
    - Updated Blobs
    - Others rom side changes
    - Kernel upstreamed to 3.18.95
    - Built with Linaro-7.2
    - Merged New Caf Tags into Kernel
    - And some more kernel changes

26-03-2018 :
    Device Tree Changes
    -Fixed Fp and Recent Key
    -Updated Thermal engine
    -Updated media profile
    -Added Doze Themes
    -Improved scrolling responsiveness
    -Enabled adaptive brightness by default
    -Real Time Charging Current on Lock Screen
    Kernel Changes
    -Switched to Official Kernel
    -Built with linaro-7.2
    -Added sound control
    -Upstreamed to 3.18.102
    -Merged Latest CAF Tag

27-05-2018 :
    -Kernel Built With Clang
    -Upstreamed to 3.18.110
    -Merged Latest Caf Tag
    -Eas Added (Thanks to @wuffz)
    -HALs updated to the latest CAF tag
    -Fixed Vilte (Video Call over LTE) (Thanks to @nikesh001)
    -Fixed Data Call bug for dual sim (Thanks to @nikesh001)
    -Update Oreo Blobs from Nokia 6 8.1 & Remove Unused Blobs (Thanks to @riteshsaxena)
    -Fixed Noise Cancellation

29-07-2018 :
    - Updated to Latest ROM Sources
    - Treble Build
    - July Security patches
    - Added DTS eagle audio
    - Kernel built with clang
    - Merged Latest CAF Tag
    - Performance improvements

After the update, there was a problem with the microphone during the call. My speech is very poorly audible. How to fix?

Update: solved
    ....Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    NFC? Did santoni has NFC? :rolleyes:
    can u show me SS antutu benchmark score in this PE ROM ???

Rom PE with Custom Kernel

1. Anonymous Kernel V3.0
    2. Clarity Kernel V2.0
    3. Espionage Kernel
    4. Gabriel Kernel V5.0
    5. LH Kernel Build 20180120
    6. Stock Kernel Pixel Experience
    7. Simple Kernel (WormHole)
    8. Zegarr Kernel