[ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0][Tissot] LineageOS 15.1[Weeklies]

Search This thread

Never_Sm1le

Sep 26, 2016
Hanoi
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Since a certain version of this LOS 15.1 I can no longer get the official TWRP installed, it will say that it cannot find the right block or something along those lines.
Alternatively I've found this other TWRP which does install, but always installs itself on both slots A and B.
Finally I've found something called SHRP Recovery, which also installs itself on both A and B, hence overwriting LOS.

With those three sentences proclaimed I'll cut to the chase:
  1. I am well aware of how to install LOS and TWRP correctly. In fact I've never faced issues installing TWRP with the June 2018 version of LOS 15.1
  2. If you would dare to suggest me "installing Xiaomi Mi A1's stock ROM back", you'd better have a very well-articulated explanation as to why "going back to stock ROM" would yield success to installing the latest LOS 15.1 and TWRP which I cannot get working right now.
  3. As a small hint to point no.2 I have seen something called a "TWRP A/B Retention Script" but never took the time trying it myself. I do suspect that "getting a June 2018 LOS 15.1 (one that worked perfectly with TWRP), then flashing a newer LOS 15.1, then flashing that "retention script", and then doing all of the other stuff" may work. If anybody can confirm this then please do tell me.
  4. Do not dare to tell me that LOS' recovery is fine, it is not. If you scale the LOS recovery's functionality against that of TWRP and a stock Android Recovery, then the LOS recovery converges to the stock Android Recovery in functionality, or in other words: "It's inferior".
  5. To debunk potential fallacious arguments against point no.4: One does not need to be the developer himself in order to have sufficient "common sense" in confessing that the LOS Recovery is inferior to TWRP. For example: One does not need to be an official Android developer from Google to know that the Android stock Recovery is inferior in comparison to TWRP either, hence I've debunked the potential fallacy that would go like "You don't have the right to call LOS' Recovery inferior because you cannot make it yourself."

With those five things being summed up I will conclude this post with the question you already know I'd ask: How do I get both the latest LOS 15.1 and TWRP installed at the same time (as I definitely used to be capable of in the past)?

Edit: I have not ever played with any Android Pie ROM yet, but it seems like TWRP does not exist for this phone yet in Android Pie. That said though: If the truth is that the LOS developers modified their 15.1 into conflicting with TWRP just so they can force users to keep their useless recovery, then please be honest with me and confirm this. If this really turns out being the case though, then I am permanently done with LOS.

All I can see is that you are being paranoid. You do realize that the official TWRP is old as **** and built based on 8.0 sources right? LOS 15.1 after June is built on 8.1 sources, so incompatibility is to expected.
Another point is that install to both slots seems to bother you, which I cannot understand at all.

Creater0822

May 15, 2018
Another point is that install to both slots seems to bother you, which I cannot understand at all.

With that I obviously mean that the installation overwrites my system itself. Or in other words: Both "booting to system" and "booting to recovery" are loading TWRP, instead of "booting to system" actually loading LOS.
If there exists an alternative meaning of "installs itself on both slots A and B" in formal Android terminology, then I'll apologize in advance for not knowing that.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

You do realize that the official TWRP is old as **** and built based on 8.0 sources right? LOS 15.1 after June is built on 8.1 sources, so incompatibility is to expected.
No I do not realize that since I'm not its developer, nor looked into its source code at all. What I do know is that the June 2018 build (as well as a May 2018 build) I had were both Android 8.1. If you were referring to another kind of "8.0" and "8.1" though, then please elaborate?

Never_Sm1le

Sep 26, 2016
Hanoi
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
With that I obviously mean that the installation overwrites my system itself. Or in other words: Both "booting to system" and "booting to recovery" are loading TWRP, instead of "booting to system" actually loading LOS.
If there exists an alternative meaning of "installs itself on both slots A and B" in formal Android terminology, then I'll apologize in advance for not knowing that.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

No I do not realize that since I'm not its developer, nor looked into its source code at all. What I do know is that the June 2018 build (as well as a May 2018 build) I had were both Android 8.1. If you were referring to another kind of "8.0" and "8.1" though, then please elaborate?

From your reply I'm sure that you do not understand the process of installing TWRP in A/B partition at all. TWRP installs itself to the boot image, so when installs, the only thing overwritten here is the ramdisk within the boot image, not the whole OS. Hence, "installing to both slots" means that TWRP is installed to both A and B slots' boot images and never overwrting anything else in the OS. Many other people have installed the CosmicDan one and never complained about boot into system is boot to TWRP instead of LOS, myself included.
For the second question, ypu don't even have to be developers or look into the source code to understand. The latest version of the official recovery is updated in March, and its changelog only mention about 8.0 source code compatibility. LOS 15.1 June and before is built based on the 8.0 kernel source code released by Xiaomi. In June Xiaomi released the 8.1 source code, so 15.1 after the day released is built on the new 8.1 one. The difference is the kernel source code, not the Android version.

Last edited:

Creater0822

May 15, 2018
I see, now that explains a bunch of things, so let's sum it up:

From your reply I'm sure that you do not understand the process of installing TWRP in A/B partition at all. TWRP installs itself to the boot image, so when installs, the only thing overwritten here is the ramdisk within the boot image, not the whole OS. Hence, "installing to both slots" means that TWRP is installed to both A and B slots' boot images and never overwrting anything else in the OS. Many other people have installed the CosmicDan one and never complained about boot into system is boot to TWRP instead of LOS, myself included.
I'm obviously fully aware of this. As I later even stated myself: "My Android terminology is likely wrong", but I was far too lazy to describe the phenomenon that I faced through the more detailed sentences that I later wrote. I unfortunately lazily-assumed that people would 1) understand that the process you explained ain't rocket science and 2) immediately recognize and relate the term "installs" very objectively as in "it becomes the subject of the installation".

The latest version of the official recovery is updated in March, and its changelog only mention about 8.0 source code compatibility. LOS 15.1 June and before is built based on the 8.0 kernel source code released by Xiaomi. In June Xiaomi released the 8.1 source code, so 15.1 after the day released is built on the new 8.1 one. The difference is the kernel source code, not the Android version.
Offtopic explanations aside: I had only looked into the numeric value below the "Android version" within the "About phone" page in LOS 15.1 to determining which version of Android I had, and it had read "8.1.0" ever since May 2018.
But now that I'm hearing this from you though, since I'm lazy: Could I ask you the favor of referencing to the specific page and/or location within the changelog, so that I'm aware where on that page to look at?

I unfortunately did not catch up that far into the details of each specific release, given how many releases there were. The only things I'd skim (not read) through from the changelog are the titles of the listed changes. The harsh reality is that I'd be better off spending that time to sharpening the blocklists (or rather whitelists) of my (external) Firewall.

Many other people have installed the CosmicDan one and never complained about boot into system is boot to TWRP instead of LOS, myself included.
Yeah, that's why I'm probably the first to proclaim this issue. That said: If anybody has further idea(s) or solution(s) about the matter then I'd like to hear that.

Last edited:

Never_Sm1le

Sep 26, 2016
Hanoi
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I see, now that explains a bunch of things, so let's sum it up:

I'm obviously fully aware of this. As I later even stated myself: "My Android terminology is likely wrong", but I was far too lazy to describe the phenomenon that I faced through the more detailed sentences that I later wrote. I unfortunately lazily-assumed that people would 1) understand that the process you explained ain't rocket science and 2) immediately recognize and relate the term "installs" very objectively as in "it becomes the subject of the installation".

Offtopic explanations aside: I had only looked into the numeric value below the "Android version" within the "About phone" page in LOS 15.1 to determining which version of Android I had, and it had read "8.1.0" ever since May 2018.
But now that I'm hearing this from you though, since I'm lazy: Could I ask you the favor of referencing to the specific page and/or location within the changelog, so that I'm aware where on that page to look at?

I unfortunately did not catch up that far into the details of each specific release, given how many releases there were. The only things I'd skim (not read) through from the changelog are the titles of the listed changes. The harsh reality is that I'd be better off spending that time to sharpening the blocklists (or rather whitelists) of my (external) Firewall.

Yeah, that's why I'm probably the first to proclaim this issue. That said: If anybody has further idea(s) or solution(s) about the matter then I'd like to hear that.

OK, so I understand your problem and I think the installation of the newer TWRP conflict with the old kernel sources.
For the change log, it's very hard to find since it's deep down. But you can see a similar case with the development of LOS 16 based on Android 9: initial build used 8.1 kernel sources, but as soon as Xiaomi released the 9.0 kernel source (Dec 21 2018), the build after immediately use it. And the 8.1 kernel source was released in the late of June, if I remembered correctly.

Reactions: Creater0822

barrack1

Sep 19, 2014
Xiaomi Mi A1
I can tell you that in Pie there are no problems with connectivity on stock nor LOS16. Just use the up-to-date firmware.
Sounds like you are unaware of the issue. Stock Pie and custom roms relying on stock Pie firmware have wifi connectivity issues especially when bluetooth is on and it gets worse when a bluetooth device is connected. A simple search will show many threads complaining about the issue.

Last edited:

khusika

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Feb 14, 2013
Malang
khusika.dev
Xiaomi 12
Sounds like you are unaware of the issue. Stock Pie and custom roms relying on stock Pie firmware have wifi connectivity issues especially when bluetooth is on and it gets worse when a bluetooth device is connected. A simple search will show many threads complaining about the issue.
There are no issues like that in the official Lineage OS 16, the only problem is only with VoLTE (which is caused by sucks Xiaomeme). You have to try it before judge it.

Even i prefer with LOS16 because of kernel 4.9 which has better performance and battery stability

Reactions: Amjadh
G

GuestK00164

All I can say is that it works for me. Never had any problems. Ever.

Ahmed Kassem

Aug 19, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
There are no issues like that in the official Lineage OS 16, the only problem is only with VoLTE (which is caused by sucks Xiaomeme). You have to try it before judge it.

Even i prefer with LOS16 because of kernel 4.9 which has better performance and battery stability
Actually the problem is present in lineage os 16 for me and others that I know, When I am playing an online game and only if I turned on bluetooth the ping arises a lot, the problem is less if the location toggle is off.

barrack1

Sep 19, 2014
Xiaomi Mi A1
Actually the problem is present in lineage os 16 for me and others that I know, When I am playing an online game and only if I turned on bluetooth the ping arises a lot, the problem is less if the location toggle is off.
Yeah even one the LOS16 thread, there are people complaining about it. Any custom rom using the stock Pie firmware is most likely going to have the same issue.

Maybe the people who haven't seen it yet aren't on wifi or aren't using bluetooth most of the time or are close to the wifi router. Or they always have very good cell reception.

Arthur King

Mar 28, 2012
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Yeah even one the LOS16 thread, there are people complaining about it. Any custom rom using the stock Pie firmware is most likely going to have the same issue.

Maybe the people who haven't seen it yet aren't on wifi or aren't using bluetooth most of the time or are close to the wifi router. Or they always have very good cell reception.

I can tell you this, and i've proved that. The thing with Pie its not much the WiFi and Bluetooth, but the Wifi, Bluetooth and Location. In oreo not much people noticed that because i think most people used the battery saver location, the problem its that on Pie they removed that option and you only have on and off. The slow wifi with bluetooth its still gonna happen without the location because they use the same freq, its just that way, but if you turn off location youll notice that you have a much better wifi, the problem its with "Device Location" or basically using the device GPS, bluetooth and wifi.

Just try what i said, im in oreo right now, i was on pie a few days ago, i can tell that the slow wifi happens on oreo too if you use the device gps.

barrack1

Sep 19, 2014
Xiaomi Mi A1
I can tell you this, and i've proved that. The thing with Pie its not much the WiFi and Bluetooth, but the Wifi, Bluetooth and Location. In oreo not much people noticed that because i think most people used the battery saver location, the problem its that on Pie they removed that option and you only have on and off. The slow wifi with bluetooth its still gonna happen without the location because they use the same freq, its just that way, but if you turn off location youll notice that you have a much better wifi, the problem its with "Device Location" or basically using the device GPS, bluetooth and wifi.

Just try what i said, im in oreo right now, i was on pie a few days ago, i can tell that the slow wifi happens on oreo too if you use the device gps.

I just tried turning on/off the location(high accuracy) and testing the internet speed 5x with each setting with a local server (fibre ping ~7) on stock Oreo (Nov) and it didn't seem to make a difference whether the location was high accuracy or off. There was quite abit of fluctuation with the speeds though and the highest speed was recorded with location on. BT was off all of the time.

Tried testing wifi internet connection speed with location (high accuracy) and BT connected to a device and I haven't found the speeds to differ significantly but like before, there was quite abit of variation. I noticed that jitter might've been higher but I can't be sure until I do more tests.

Last edited:

Arthur King

Mar 28, 2012
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I just tried turning on/off the location(high accuracy) and testing the internet speed 5x with each setting with a local server (fibre ping ~7) on stock Oreo (Nov) and it didn't seem to make a difference whether the location was high accuracy or off. There was quite abit of fluctuation with the speeds though and the highest speed was recorded with location on. BT was off all of the time.

Yeah, that's common because as I said, its when you use wifi, Location and Bluetooth when you get the lowest wifi speed ever, if you change Location nothing happens, is when you have Bluetooth on and change Location that things starts to happens, I even detailed it why people noticed more on pie.

barrack1

Sep 19, 2014
Xiaomi Mi A1
Yeah, that's common because as I said, its when you use wifi, Location and Bluetooth when you get the lowest wifi speed ever, if you change Location nothing happens, is when you have Bluetooth on and change Location that things starts to happens, I even detailed it why people noticed more on pie.

The only time I could notice a significant difference in wifi connection speed/jitter was when location high accuracy was on and the GPS in constant operation even in the background using an app like gpstest (google maps or navigation apps in the background will not use the GPS), BT also on and connected to another phone. And the download speed wasn't too different, only the upload was consistently lower by about 25%. Wifi did not disconnect at any time.

But I doubt that its because Pie removed the low accuracy location setting because people are going to notice wifi drops or drastically slower download speeds is while they are indoors and using the browser or a streaming/video app and the GPS location services are not going to be in operation anyway in the background.

Arthur King

Mar 28, 2012
Xiaomi 11T Pro
The only time I could notice a significant difference in wifi connection speed/jitter was when location high accuracy was on and the GPS in constant operation even in the background using an app like gpstest (google maps or navigation apps in the background will not use the GPS), BT also on and connected to another phone. And the download speed wasn't too different, only the upload was consistently lower by about 25%. Wifi did not disconnect at any time.

But I doubt that its because Pie removed the low accuracy location setting because people are going to notice wifi drops or drastically slower download speeds is while they are indoors and using the browser or a streaming/video app and the GPS location services are not going to be in operation anyway in the background.

I'll just attach this. One is with Bluetooth + GPS on and the other one is Bluetooth + GPS off, I'm in the latest Mokee oreo that was released.

lol I don't know how to attach things from the phone, but what ever, I tried many times what I said and I've proved that, if that doesn't happens to you then awesome, but that's what happens to me and some people that seemed to have the same slow speed problem on pie.

Last edited:

MewtPlays

Feb 18, 2019
Hi! im using Evolution X rom now, and I want to downgrade into android Oreo because the Wifi keeps on disconnecting in Pie, is there anyway to download lineage os 15.1 or is it still possible to downgrade? thanks in advance :)

ptosch

Dec 31, 2008
Hello,

I would like to install 15.1, but all image files are gone.

Does anybody know, where I could download "lineage-15.1-20190313-nightly-tissot-signed.zip" ?

TIA,
Peter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte

Known issues:
    • You Tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Flash Magisk
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Special Thanks to @talk2indrajit, @ravinder0003 and @windslash31 for testing the builds

Device Tree :- https://github.com/TheScarastic/android_device_xiaomi_tissot
    msm8953-common Tree :- https://github.com/TheScarastic/android_device_xiaomi_msm8953-common
    Vendor :- https://github.com/TheScarastic/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi/tree/lineage-15.1-tissot

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0][Tissot] LineageOS 15.1 [Weeklies], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A1

Contributors
    abhishek987
    Source Code: https://github.com/TheScarastic/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953/tree/lineage-15.1-tissot

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-03-03

Created 2018-03-02
    Last Updated 2018-07-30
    Reserved

Screenshots
    Format everything if you are coming from the Stock ROM.
    8.1 Custom ROM Flashing Guide:
    1. Flash ROM zip
    2. Go to Twrp reboot options and switch to another slot (ex. if you are on slot_a then switch to slot_b)
    *Do not reboot*
    3. Flash latest Twrp installer
    4. Reboot into Twrp recovery
    5. Flash latest Magisk + gapps zip (platform ARM64 + Android 8.1 + Variant (all gapps will work))
    6. Reboot to system

Thanks to @ravinder0003 for these instructions :good:

GCAM Magisk Module -
    - See the attachment and flash it through Magisk, restart and voilà...now you are ready to use Gcam :fingers-crossed:
    Thanks to @ravinder0003 for making this Gcam Magisk module :good:

OREO - MiA1 Stock from Camera app on any custom ROM
    https://xdaforums.com/mi-a1/themes/oreo-mia1-stock-rom-camera-app-custom-t3758543
    Thanks to @ramesh1686 for porting this Stock Cam for all the Custom Roms :good:

Seamless Xposed Framework Magisk Module (which is working great with LOS 15.1) -
    https://magiskroot.net/install-system-less-xposed-framework-oreo/
    Guys nightly will begin again and today's nightly will be up shortly

Changelog

• Selinux Enforcing
    • Fixed Watermark in stock camera
    • Fixed Bluetooth mac
    • Fixed WiFi mac ( I cant help those who broke their wifi and bt mac by flashing random roms, tho i am looking into a way to get original mac from nv)
    • Added pinner configuration
    • Lineage upstreams

Enjoy :p and yes you can expect official lineage by next week ;)
    For further discussion and to report bug on lineage you can join telegram group https://t.me/MiA1LineageOS
    okay guys time for update again :)

Changelog

• Fixed led light
    • Added fingerprint gestures
    • Fixed Bluetooth name
    • Fixed Battery capacity
    • Lineage upstream changes
    Guys make sure you are on stock oreo before flashing it and if you report bugs make sure they have proper logs enjoy :)