[ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0][treble][mido] LineageOS 15.1 [Weeklies]

Search This thread

Sachin

Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Nowhere
in future will redmi note 4 will get linage is 16 android p or not in website of los android p list rn4 is not in list. did it will get or not.... plz tell me
Dunno, those websites are clickbait. Don't believe em. You've to wait and see..

Second question is why all time my twrp ecrypt as I flash update or los 15.1 and what is my mistake when I flash update file los there is setup a pattern lock of old los built is that problem..... or some thing else
Format data once, also don't set pattern or any kinda screen locks at the setup screen.

Loukanov

Dec 10, 2006
Do you mean the one that shows the clock speed etc (see pic)? Kernel adiutor works fins for that. You can use it to monitor and tweak the kernel if you want to.
No, I mean showing it all the time on top. If you see the screenshots of the app in PlayStore will find what I mean.
BTW, in Kernel Adiutor now in Oreo it doesn't show dynamically the CPU frequency. Worked before with Nougha. At the same time CPU-Z shows the CPU clock changes under Oreo.

dhananjaysonber

May 4, 2018
sir iam confused what is difference between kernal version my aex stock kernal is 3.18.110 but in linage is it is 3.18.71 did version of kernal affect battery. ........... I mean that more version of kernal means more battery life or not plz tell me detail I'm confused

sidamos77

Nov 8, 2012
The Google clock does not show a notification anymore BEFORE the alarm goes off. On 14.1, I got that notification about 1 hour before the alarm. I could use it to disable that alarm instance.

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
sir iam confused what is difference between kernal version my aex stock kernal is 3.18.110 but in linage is it is 3.18.71 did version of kernal affect battery. ........... I mean that more version of kernal means more battery life or not plz tell me detail I'm confused

The kernel version numbers don't have anything to do with battery life. The versions indicate newer code releases that have bug fixes, security updates, performance fixes, additional functionality etc. for the low level software that interfaces with the phones hardware.

For example, LineageOS extended edition is currently on 3.18.113, which is even newer again.

Updating Kernel sources - which is to do with Linux kernel sources, is different from just Android updates, which is to do with the Aosp libraries placed on top of Linux to provide us with an interface to run Android applications and software on top of a Linux base platform. In addition to this you can have other libraries such as LineageOS api, that provides more functionality over Aosp.

Hope that helps you.

There's other interfaces / libraries that can run on top of a Linux kernel, and if you look at what is happening with Chrome books now, you can see that not only are they able to run Android apps, but Google is now opening up running regular Linux applications on top of the underlying Linux Kernel, in addition to ChromeOs applications.

dhananjaysonber

May 4, 2018
Thanks sir for information

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Sir plz give a volte signal icon in next update of los and give a navigation bar of android p style button as the ROM is smooth working thnks

Arjab

Aug 13, 2015
I tried to upgrade from 14.1 to 15.1 numerous times in different ways using every available nightly build through latest TWRP by simply dirty flashing it. Every time the system boots up, I l'm able to unlock the device but then I'm only seeing my background wallpaper and the notification bar unable to actually use the phone. I'm also able to navigate from app to app through recent apps but that's it.
Does anybody know why this happens and how to fix it?

eliezerjk90

Feb 28, 2015
Duisburg
I tried to upgrade from 14.1 to 15.1 numerous times in different ways using every available nightly build through latest TWRP by simply dirty flashing it. Every time the system boots up, I l'm able to unlock the device but then I'm only seeing my background wallpaper and the notification bar unable to actually use the phone. I'm also able to navigate from app to app through recent apps but that's it.
Does anybody know why this happens and how to fix it?
Try to clean flash it...

RohanRKO

Jun 3, 2018
Mirzapur
Hello guys! I successfully installed this rom in my RN4X 3gb - 32 gb, now i want to know if the process is same for 4gb - 64 gb. Unlocking the bootloader is the same and i think twrp as well as rom should work regardless of ram and storage, but just to confirm i ask this question anyway. :p

eliezerjk90

Feb 28, 2015
Duisburg
Meaning factory resetting the device, installing LOS and restoring my apps?

Yup. It might be useful to do clean flash when updating from android version. Although theoretically it should be possible to dirty flash from official 14.1 build to 15.1, I found some issues that's resolved when I do clean flash.

Mr Tech

May 3, 2014
Yes, it is the same @RohanRKO

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Hello guys! I successfully installed this rom in my RN4X 3gb - 32 gb, now i want to know if the process is same for 4gb - 64 gb. Unlocking the bootloader is the same and i think twrp as well as rom should work regardless of ram and storage, but just to confirm i ask this question anyway. :p
Yes it is the same

Last edited:
Reactions: RohanRKO

sk8223

Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
I came back to this ROM after experiencing issues with the official RR ROM.

Looks like the "rapidly charging" message hasn't been fixed. Message displays when the phone is connected to a normal 5V wall adapter but the "charging slowly" message displays when the phone is plugged into a USB 3.0 port on my laptop. IDK what's going on there.

Here's an error in Settings: going into Settings > Users & accounts > Users > You (Admin) causes the app to stop (Settings has stopped). See logcat.

Attachments

• Users_error.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 10

eliezerjk90

Feb 28, 2015
Duisburg
I came back to this ROM after experiencing issues with the official RR ROM.

Looks like the "rapidly charging" message hasn't been fixed. Message displays when the phone is connected to a normal 5V wall adapter but the "charging slowly" message displays when the phone is plugged into a USB 3.0 port on my laptop. IDK what's going on there.

Here's an error in Settings: going into Settings > Users & accounts > Users > You (Admin) causes the app to stop (Settings has stopped). See logcat.

It's not a bug. It will always charge slowly if you charge using USB. USB only provide with a very little current (900 mA max for USB 3.0) compared to wall charger (2.0 A for standard charger that comes in the retail box). It's intended to transfer data after all and not as main method to charge your phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte

Known issues:
    • You Tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :
    Credits :
    • @highwaystar_ru (for always being helpful and always ready to help )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0][treble][mido] LineageOS 15.1 [Weeklies], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    abhishek987, highwaystar_ru
    Source Code: https://github.com/TheScarastic/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953/commits/lineage-15.0

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-17

Created 2017-10-17
    Last Updated 2018-07-22
    And here arrives update after a long span but for sure, update wont disappoint any of you :p

Changelog

• Updated to 8.1
    • Updated to oreo tissot Blobs
    • Rebased kernel to support new (goodix touch , ov camera, and displays)
    • Fixed omnivison camera pink tint and crash in bright light photos
    • Add TextClassifier Selection models
    • Implemented full treble :cowboy:

As treble has been implemented there are few mandatory changes before you flash this build.

Since a new partition was required for full treble we converted an unused cust partition into vendor which is almost 830mb in size, No we are not re-partitioning your device or anything else which may hardbrick your device :)

phhusson was kind enough to let me try his unreleased gsi (global system image) and test treble on my mido and it worked perfectly :p attaching some screenshots you can keep record of treble 8.1 rom at https://forum.xda-developers.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development/experimental-phh-treble-t3709659

Trees will be updated shortly so you can taste treble on your other favorite roms :)

As usual link of rom is updated in op enjoy
    Guys nightly will begin again and today's nightly will be up shortly

Changelog

• Selinux enforcing
    • Fixed BT mac
    • Added pinner configuration
    • Lineage upstreams

Enjoy :p and yes you can expect official lineage by next week ;)
    Time for Update again :)

Changelog

• Fixed goodix fingerprint sensor
    • Added Manual provisioning
    • Fixed double tap back button panic ( it used to take you to home screen)
    • Many under the hood changes

As usual links are up in op enjoy
    Time for update again :p

Changelog

• Added new offline charging (from miui shows %)
    • Added night light
    • Fixed camera issue for guys facing it
    • Fixed video calling partially (you could see other person but other person cant see you )
    • Fixed bluetooth calling
    • Gsi should work pretty well now

gsi (generic system image) should be stable now tho there are few downsides gsi is pure aosp so your favorite custom features might not be available and since its aosp, caf decryption wont work either along with volte (ims) other then that gsi should be pretty stable you can download one at https://forum.xda-developers.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development/experimental-phh-treble-t3709659

It seems lineage-15.1 bandwagon is about to ship so you can expect official lineage within next 2 weeks :)

As usual links are updated in op,enjoy
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone