Attachments

• Screenshot_20191103-084828.jpg
    Screenshot_20191103-084828.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 638

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016

xdabuntu

Apr 10, 2018
Migration from 15.1 to 16.0 instructions?

LineageOS 16.0 for mido is now official: https://download.lineageos.org/mido
First release is "lineage-16.0-20191105-nightly-mido-signed.zip" (611.32 MB)

Fantastic! Thank you so much to everybody who contributed to this.

1. Could somebody give step-by-step instructions how to migrate from official mido LOS 15.1 to official LOS 16.0 for users with basic knowledge like me? Hopefully the settings, apps and data can be preserved. The official installation guide seems not to address it but just instruct how to do a fresh install.

2. Will there be a new xda-forum for the 16.0 Official or will this forum be the place to discuss 16.0 questions?

Thanks again!

WongJawa

Aug 11, 2019
Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat
Fantastic! Thank you so much to everybody who contributed to this.

1. Could somebody give step-by-step instructions how to migrate from official mido LOS 15.1 to official LOS 16.0 for users with basic knowledge like me? Hopefully the settings, apps and data can be preserved. The official installation guide seems not to address it but just instruct how to do a fresh install.

2. Will there be a new xda-forum for the 16.0 Official or will this forum be the place to discuss 16.0 questions?

Thanks again!

Based on my experience.

1. Download new 16.0 for mido, download gapps for Pie

Boot to twrp, wipe dalvik, cache, system, and vendor
Dont wipe data

Flash rom and gapps
Wipe dalvik cache again, and reboot
Its fine.

2. LineageOS Official • Mido
LineageOS Official Group For Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4X (Mido)
https://t.me/lineageosmidoo

Reactions: xdabuntu

mcflyle

Feb 2, 2012
Also dirty flashed it on latest 15.1 with opengapps mini for pie and the new los16 file. Seems to be ok. Thx a lot.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016

Well, I flashed it just in case then flashed the rom.
It booted fine but the 3 versions of google camera I had disappeared and they show like this in settings->applications.
Maybe I shouldn't have flashed the lineage-migration-unofficial-to-official.zip :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191106-113142_Ajustes.png
    Screenshot_20191106-113142_Ajustes.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 439

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016
Mmh, after a reboot they doesn't even show in the list but when I try to install a google camera it says it's an update then it fails "application not installed" :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte

Known issues:
    • You Tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :
    Credits :
    • @highwaystar_ru (for always being helpful and always ready to help )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0][treble][mido] LineageOS 15.1 [Weeklies], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    abhishek987, highwaystar_ru
    Source Code: https://github.com/TheScarastic/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953/commits/lineage-15.0

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-17

Created 2017-10-17
    Last Updated 2018-07-22
    And here arrives update after a long span but for sure, update wont disappoint any of you :p

Changelog

• Updated to 8.1
    • Updated to oreo tissot Blobs
    • Rebased kernel to support new (goodix touch , ov camera, and displays)
    • Fixed omnivison camera pink tint and crash in bright light photos
    • Add TextClassifier Selection models
    • Implemented full treble :cowboy:

As treble has been implemented there are few mandatory changes before you flash this build.

Since a new partition was required for full treble we converted an unused cust partition into vendor which is almost 830mb in size, No we are not re-partitioning your device or anything else which may hardbrick your device :)

phhusson was kind enough to let me try his unreleased gsi (global system image) and test treble on my mido and it worked perfectly :p attaching some screenshots you can keep record of treble 8.1 rom at https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development/experimental-phh-treble-t3709659

Trees will be updated shortly so you can taste treble on your other favorite roms :)

As usual link of rom is updated in op enjoy
    Guys nightly will begin again and today's nightly will be up shortly

Changelog

• Selinux enforcing
    • Fixed BT mac
    • Added pinner configuration
    • Lineage upstreams

Enjoy :p and yes you can expect official lineage by next week ;)
    Time for Update again :)

Changelog

• Fixed goodix fingerprint sensor
    • Added Manual provisioning
    • Fixed double tap back button panic ( it used to take you to home screen)
    • Many under the hood changes

As usual links are up in op enjoy
    Time for update again :p

Changelog

• Added new offline charging (from miui shows %)
    • Added night light
    • Fixed camera issue for guys facing it
    • Fixed video calling partially (you could see other person but other person cant see you )
    • Fixed bluetooth calling
    • Gsi should work pretty well now

gsi (generic system image) should be stable now tho there are few downsides gsi is pure aosp so your favorite custom features might not be available and since its aosp, caf decryption wont work either along with volte (ims) other then that gsi should be pretty stable you can download one at https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development/experimental-phh-treble-t3709659

It seems lineage-15.1 bandwagon is about to ship so you can expect official lineage within next 2 weeks :)

As usual links are updated in op,enjoy