[ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0_r41]CypherOS 6.0.0 Parfait[Berkeley]

Search This thread

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
3vjolGj.png

This is CypherOS. An extension to pure Android. CypherOS tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.​

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Get your builds from our website
get.cypheros.co

Note: Builds are updated weekly. Information pertaining to your device is displayed
Accordingly. The current build is the latest for your device. If your device is
scheduled to release on a certain day, but the new build isn't displaying, contact
your device maintainer for more information. Please know builds are updated by 12am
EST.

Become apart of the G+ community - JOIN

REMINDER

If you're having issues and want to submit a report (Logcat) please make sure you are reporting from the stock kernel, not a modified kernel. Modified kernels can break or fix, even improve things. It depends. I can't get a full clue of the issue when you're not running the original kernel.

Credits
Paranoid Android
LineageOS
and more..

Special Thanks
- LuK1337 (Initial berkeley tree with otapackage support and stable commits)
- Flex (Fixed the fingerprint enrollment)

XDA:DevDB Information
CypherOS, ROM for the Honor View 10

Contributors
sirhc
Source Code: https://github.com/CypherOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-22
Last Updated 2018-07-18

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
Notice
THIS IS NOT A GSI
- This a flashable zip that must be flashed in TWRP
- GAPPS are not included and must be flashed separately
- This is for the Honor View 10 only
- This has been tested on L04 but should work fine with L09

What's working?
Camera
Video Recording
Calls/Sms
Data
Fingerprint Sensor
Audio/Video Playback

What's not working?
VoLTE

Are fingerprint gestures/navigation available?
Yes, simply disable the navigation bar in Settings > System > Buttons and you will be in fingerprint navigation mode.
You can also change the gesture triggers in Settings > System > Gestures

VoLTE supported?
No, and won't be for awhile. Huawei uses a different setup for IMS and it's closed sourced.

Can't flash on my Mate 9/10/11/X/18/55
This isn't a system image and is only meant for the Honor View 10. If you want to install a rom on your non-berkeley device
then search a forum that pertains to your device.

Why no GSI?
Ota packages are easier to manage and develop for across models. Plus, spamming a View 10 development thread with bugs on a non View 10 does not
help further development :)

Last edited:

thecdn

Apr 26, 2011
excellent mate
will backup and give it a shot

o/t but kind of related as I'm anxious to give this a try myself. What partitions do you backup and have you had a successful restore yet from a nandroid backup?

I had so many problems with this phone initially - had to do a funky huawei restore twice - that I'm scared to try things I wouldn't have thought twice about on my old phone.

kevp75

Recognized Contributor
Aug 29, 2012
MA
kevinpirnie.com
o/t but kind of related as I'm anxious to give this a try myself. What partitions do you backup and have you had a successful restore yet from a nandroid backup?

I had so many problems with this phone initially - had to do a funky huawei restore twice - that I'm scared to try things I wouldn't have thought twice about on my old phone.
Yeah.. i had troubles updating mine... bricked for a day lol

i back up
kernel, ramdisk, system, vendor

restored them right after i backed them up to make sure they were viable... and has been fine

kevp75

Recognized Contributor
Aug 29, 2012
MA
kevinpirnie.com
Thank you very much. Out of curiosity, do you not backup data because it doesn't work or you just choose not to?
tbh

not sure if backing up data would work. i have the modded fstab so mines not encrypted anyways... but... ive had issues restoring data on other devices, so i bought titanium waayyyyy back and have had no issues getting my stuff back with that

youtuber123

Sep 12, 2012
Does anyone tried on a L09 ? coz last time i checked, TWRP was not working on android 8.1. But without a working TWRP on 8.1 i can't flash this rom
Can someone confirm ?

kevp75

Recognized Contributor
Aug 29, 2012
MA
kevinpirnie.com
Can u give me some advice how flash this rom. I make factory reset after flash in stock recovery but didnt help. Official twrp works

You can't flash roms in stock recovery. You need to use TWRP.
Here's what I do wen I flash a rom in TWRP

#1 Nandroid Backup system, vendor, kernel, ramdisk
#2 Wipe System, Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik
#3 Flash the Zip from External SD
#4 Wipe Cache & Dalvik again
#5 Reboot

If you are data encrypted, you will most likely boot direct into eRecovery with the notice that Data is corrupt and you need to wipe... so do it.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Ok let me know if the official works
Can u give me some advice how flash this rom. I make factory reset after flash in stock recovery but didnt help. Official twrp works
Also note mate.. OP states "must be flashed in TWRP"
It also states that is was only tested on the L04... now, this makes it very very difficult for any "cross" development to happen when the developer has one device, and you flash on another.
http://prntscr.com/j8yvaj

I hate to say it, but if anyone flashes something that was only tested on one device, to a different device may be on their own...

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
This uses the same tree as the one used in the LineageOS build. The only commits besides those are my own for themes and FP navigation. So theoretically, this should work fine on L09 as Luk builds for L09 and his trees support both.

TWRP, I don't know too much regarding L09 but I use the twrp 0.7 build and everything works fine for me. You need to wipe cache, data, system before flashing this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notice
    THIS IS NOT A GSI
    - This a flashable zip that must be flashed in TWRP
    - GAPPS are not included and must be flashed separately
    - This is for the Honor View 10 only
    - This has been tested on L04 but should work fine with L09

What's working?
    Camera
    Video Recording
    Calls/Sms
    Data
    Fingerprint Sensor
    Audio/Video Playback

What's not working?
    VoLTE

Are fingerprint gestures/navigation available?
    Yes, simply disable the navigation bar in Settings > System > Buttons and you will be in fingerprint navigation mode.
    You can also change the gesture triggers in Settings > System > Gestures

VoLTE supported?
    No, and won't be for awhile. Huawei uses a different setup for IMS and it's closed sourced.

Can't flash on my Mate 9/10/11/X/18/55
    This isn't a system image and is only meant for the Honor View 10. If you want to install a rom on your non-berkeley device
    then search a forum that pertains to your device.

Why no GSI?
    Ota packages are easier to manage and develop for across models. Plus, spamming a View 10 development thread with bugs on a non View 10 does not
    help further development :)
    L09 is booting now and the View 10 is now officially supported. From now on get your builds at get.cypheros.co and stayed tuned to our Google+ page for announcements!
    Update CBNP.8102.04.05052

Changes:
    - Source code update
    - Fingerprint navigation Improvements
    - Added pinner service support
    - Enabled DisplayEngineHal (In prep for Color Calibration)
    - Enabled and improved hisupl service
    - Fixed reboots while using Magisk

Color Calibration/Mode support should come next update

Download
    3vjolGj.png

This is CypherOS. An extension to pure Android. CypherOS tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.​

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Get your builds from our website
    get.cypheros.co

Note: Builds are updated weekly. Information pertaining to your device is displayed
    Accordingly. The current build is the latest for your device. If your device is
    scheduled to release on a certain day, but the new build isn't displaying, contact
    your device maintainer for more information. Please know builds are updated by 12am
    EST.

Become apart of the G+ community - JOIN

REMINDER

If you're having issues and want to submit a report (Logcat) please make sure you are reporting from the stock kernel, not a modified kernel. Modified kernels can break or fix, even improve things. It depends. I can't get a full clue of the issue when you're not running the original kernel.

Credits
    Paranoid Android
    LineageOS
    and more..

Special Thanks
    - LuK1337 (Initial berkeley tree with otapackage support and stable commits)
    - Flex (Fixed the fingerprint enrollment)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CypherOS, ROM for the Honor View 10

Contributors
    sirhc
    Source Code: https://github.com/CypherOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-22
    Last Updated 2018-07-18