[ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1] OmniROM [WEEKLIES][05/08/2018]

Search This thread

pmem

Dec 27, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
OnePlus 7
I also have issue with Wi-Fi. Status bar says it is connected and with internet, but none of the apps seem to be able to connect to the internet. The moment I disable Wi-Fi, all apps start working again, and if I turn on Wi-Fi again I have to force close an app for it to star using the Wi-Fi connection again like it normally would. Sometimes just force closing the app is enough for it to use Wi-Fi again without needing to turn it off first. I have my home network setup with a 2.4 and 5 Ghz using the same SSID so the phone chooses automatically between them, maybe that's the issue!? I would like to do further debugging but didn't have the time yet.

Nick_gunale

Dec 5, 2014
I also have issue with Wi-Fi. Status bar says it is connected and with internet, but none of the apps seem to be able to connect to the internet. The moment I disable Wi-Fi, all apps start working again, and if I turn on Wi-Fi again I have to force close an app for it to star using the Wi-Fi connection again like it normally would. Sometimes just force closing the app is enough for it to use Wi-Fi again without needing to turn it off first. I have my home network setup with a 2.4 and 5 Ghz using the same SSID so the phone chooses automatically between them, maybe that's the issue!? I would like to do further debugging but didn't have the time yet.
Did u try a clean flash? I did and I have no issues with WiFi connectivity

Saamyo

May 2, 2015
Kolkata
Guys is it normal to have a non-functional accelerometer in this ROM? Because, for me it seems to not work regardless of rotation being enabled or disabled 0_o

Nick_gunale

Dec 5, 2014
Guys is it normal to have a non-functional accelerometer in this ROM? Because, for me it seems to not work regardless of rotation being enabled or disabled 0_o

That is definitely not normal.. U think I'd release a build with broken sensors?

Attachments

• Screenshot_Sensor_Box_for_Android_20180821-170249.jpg
    Screenshot_Sensor_Box_for_Android_20180821-170249.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Screenshot_Sensors_20180821-170103.png
    Screenshot_Sensors_20180821-170103.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 299

Saamyo

May 2, 2015
Kolkata
@Nick_gunale
I removed Magisk (which took away V4A, Xposed along with itself) and still the sensors don't work. All sensor testing apps only show the Battery, WiFi and GPS. Nothing else. I'm really confused :<

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

[/COLOR @Nick_gunale
Well, now I've completely run out of ideas. I tried dirty flashing a fresh zip of the ROM (didn't work). I tried wiping system, dalvik/ART, cache and flashing the ROM + OpenGApps (instead of GZR) and yeah— didn't work either. I have no idea what's causing all the sensors to be nuked to oblivion. I currently have no SIM card inside the phone (that can't be causing it right?).

I'm really lost and any help would be appreciated ?

Nick_gunale

Dec 5, 2014
@Nick_gunale
I removed Magisk (which took away V4A, Xposed along with itself) and still the sensors don't work. All sensor testing apps only show the Battery, WiFi and GPS. Nothing else. I'm really confused :<

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

[/COLOR @Nick_gunale
Well, now I've completely run out of ideas. I tried dirty flashing a fresh zip of the ROM (didn't work). I tried wiping system, dalvik/ART, cache and flashing the ROM + OpenGApps (instead of GZR) and yeah— didn't work either. I have no idea what's causing all the sensors to be nuked to oblivion. I currently have no SIM card inside the phone (that can't be causing it right?).

I'm really lost and any help would be appreciated

Try a clean flash or take a trip to miui and back lol

Saamyo

May 2, 2015
Kolkata
Try a clean flash or take a trip to miui and back lol

Oh God I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that T-T
I'm really tired today so I'mma do it tomorrow lol. I'll report back with the results :)
I'm just scared going back to MIUI may lock the bootloader again (screw Xiaomi and their bs, always down, bootloader unlock service. I have the permission yet I can't unlock smh).

onliner

Oct 29, 2016
@Nick_gunale

[/COLOR @Nick_gunale

I'm really lost and any help would be appreciated

Flash persist.img from miui fastboot.

ChessPiece

My accelerometer works in this ROM, well if you already tried clean flash and doesn't flash anything else beside the ROM and GApps but still not works, try other ROMs like LineageOS 14.1, or like the dev suggest, flash MIUI. If all the solution doesn't works, probably the hardware is damaged. Good luck.

h4ck3r4u

Feb 18, 2018
Pardon me for being a total nincompoop, but where do I get the persist.img file from?

Download the latest fastboot tgz file from miui.com for your device, unzip it (2times on windoze) the check the images folder you will find persist.IMG. you would have to flash that via fastboot mode. (Google is your friend on how-to).
Sometimes even after that sensors might not come back to life, for that only option is to use miflash tool and select clean-all, or on Linux run clean_all.sh file in fast boot mode. You can edit this script to add persist.IMG.
Boot into miui let it do the magic and then back to Omni.... It will not relock bootloader if you are officially unlocked, and use dev fastboot image file.

Reactions: Saamyo

GODhimself123

Mar 7, 2018
Jaipur
At one point you mentioned you talked to Max (xyyx). I've just got one question regarding that. Is Max still continuing the support of Nitrogen OS for Kenzo or he just dropped it like most of the people are saying. A reply from you will clear all the doubts.

Nick_gunale

Dec 5, 2014
Excuse me @Nick_gunale this is my daily rom, no pie? Thank You always
Things got a lot more busy that I anticipated. Earlier I did say that I'd possibly be able to do it in a couple months. However, looking at things right now, i'm not really sure how long or if ever it will be possible. So I can't say for sure as I have things more important to take care of and I get very little time free. I'm just hoping for the best right now.

rapidm

Dec 24, 2010
I wish you the best in real life. I was hoping for a Omnirom pie as my experience with Omnirom on redmi note 3 is the best. I am still in this rom hoping that maybe you or someone else will maintain an Omnirom pie rom.

As I have seen in other thread Omnirom pie will release stable roms when it reaches 9.1

moskitik

Jan 21, 2010
Hi,
I want to say thank you for this release of OS for Redmi Note 3.
Also i have question, related with Gcam. Currently, i have detect problem with camera. I think the problem related with OS and how OS interact with HW, because this problem happen with any photo software. Could you help me to understand, how to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fwww.androidsis.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F10%2FOm.jpg

What is OmniROM?

OmniROM Source

OmniROM Gerrit Review

OmniROM G+

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

Downloads :

Rom:
    OmniRom kenzo android 8.1
    Gapps:
    GZR Gapps
    Open Gapps

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Known issues:
    • Haven't found any yet, Post if you find any :)

Telegram:
    kenzo/mido Telegram group
    My telegram id: @spetice

Credits :
    • Omnirom Team
    • CyanogenMod/LineageOS Team
    • Xiaomi
    • xda-developers

Specially thanks to:
    • TheDarkStrix aka Manoj, @GreekDragon, AdarshMR, khan_frd2002, JpKenji, @fsociety28 aka Rohan
      Gaurav, KenjiHannya, rocknegi, abhishek987, Ajay, Amol Amrit, Pranay Narang, KabirKalsi, Shubham Dubey, BRoy98, Abhishek Kaushik For testing and helping me out whenever i need
    • Sorry if i forget to mention anyone, just drop me pm

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniRom, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    @Wizper99, @abhishek987,@khan_frd2002,@Nick_gunale,@Adarsh1998 ,@maxwen

Source Code:
    Common tree
    Device tree
    Kernel tree
    Vendor

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-01-05
    Last Updated 2018-01-05[/QUOTE]
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1] OmniRom [BETA] [05/01/2018]

SS
    We're now OFFICIAL!
    weeklies have started today!

Here r a few things you will have to follow before getting started:
    1. Make sure your do a clean flash as it compulsory for *OpenDelta* updates.

2. First build should be downloaded manually and flashed from official OmniROM download page. Download instructions are the same as on the OP.

3. After u flash the first build, from next week onwards plz *ONLY* use the inbuilt *OTA Tool* ( present in system -> system updates ) to download your weeklies if u intend to get OpenDelta support.

4. After flashing today's weeky that you manually downloaded, it should be copied in /sdcard/OpenDelta for the OpenDelta updates to work properly.

5. Do note that OpenDelta will take upto 3-4 GB of internal storage. So make sure you have that much space available

6. Official build will have full Enforcing support by default.

7. All changelogs henceforth will be directly available in the built in changelog app, so I will NOT post changelogs here anymore.

That being said, It's a humble request to not *mirror* the official updates. All updates should be downloaded from the official OmniROM downloads page or the inbuilt OTA tool.

Thanks for all your support!
    Here's the link to official downloads page:
    https://dl.omnirom.org/kenzo/

- Thanks to all the testers for testing my test builds, without
    whom it would not have been possible.
    - Thanks to @Adarsh1998, @khan_frd2002 , @gaurav1902,
    @Wizper99, @onliner, @KenjiHannya and all other wonderful people on telegram for
    helping me throughout the process.
    - Special thanks to @maxwen and the entire team for making
    this awesome project and having me maintain it.
    OmniROM 26/01 Kenzo

DOWNLOAD:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754456134
    link updated in OP post #1 as well

Clean flash is always recommended!

Changes since last update

-> Added Always on Display switch ( Can be found in Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Ambient Display ) ( OFF by default )

-> Added "now playing music on ambient display" feature ( NOT to be confused with the pixel2 feature.. This is a stripped down version of the pixel2 feature...This doesn't detect music playing from external sources.. Instead it only shows the current playing track in Ambient display and requires Always on Display to be turned ON to work properly)

-> MusicFX: import preset names from DSP for translating

-> New dope themes added :
    - DarknessMeister
    - Slutty Pink
    - Smoked Green
    - Bl4ck And Yell0

-> Fix touch not working on replacement panels

-> Theming improvements n fixes
    -> base: SystemUI: fix layout size of qs bottom panel
    -> OmniSwitch: fix drag handle accent color option
    -> base: Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
    -> base: fix dummy expansion of qs on double tap to sleep
    -> Screenrecord notification: tap on it to open the video
    -> Fix multiple apn items issue
    -> Settings: fix neverending progress on sim activation change
    -> Settings: add more values for increasing ring
    -> Add Ambient display music ticker and related fixes
    -> OmniGears: change Time In State layout
    -> base: add custom header image provider
    -> audio: Don't play sound effects if stream is muted
    -> Screenrecord: show chrono and total recording duration/size
    -> Added screen off animations:
    - CRT
    - Scale
    -> healthd: Add support for HVDCP_3 chargers
    -> ant_native: add prebuilt build guard
    -> antservice: add prebuilt guard flag
    -> antradio: add prebuilt build guard
    -> vendor: carrierconfig: enable volte for ELISA (244/05)
    -> vendor: carrierconfig: enable also WoWI-FI for ELISA (244/05)
    -> Add Portuguese (Portugal) translation.
    -> Use /persist as Qualcomm time fix source during early boot
    PS:If u came here looking at Treble.. You've been fooled :D :D