What is the source of this information?
Builds are unaffected - builds have been paused due to an unrelated issue since April 30th.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/gbdlzx/lineageos_downloads/fp6081bThe build servers have some infrastructure related issues right now, a lot of builds are outdated, as the build servers weren't syncing changes correctly starting the ~24th, additionally there was a privileged app change put in that did not have the corresponding permission, and resulted in a boot loop on the 27th, and given that some build servers aren't syncing, those two problems propagated into a perpetual hell.
...it was ultimately decided it was best to pause builds for a bit, figure out the issues, and then restart them.
For me, yes that would be a problem.Hi,
I'm still running this fantastic Lineage OS 16 on my Poco F1. I need to say, it still running fantastic so on that point of view there is no need to go for LOS17. The problem is that I'm a bit worried about the security as we speak...
As this ROM and my Rom, Kernel & Vendor (Franco & Berylium) aren't updated for months now, the security patches are still from 2019 and even earlier. Is this a big issue? If yes, I want to upgrade LOS. If no, I'm really happy to stay at this outdated ROM. Besides the fact that it's still running smootly, I don't want lose data and start from scratch again.
Maybe there is a workaround to keep data & settings while upgrading from 16 to 17?
Thanks already for all input!
/* * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. * Same statement for XDA. */