[ROM][OFFICIAL][9.0.0][violet] LineageOS 16.0 [WrappedKey-FBE]

Search This thread

aadityaraj1

Jul 25, 2016
New Delhi
@xdatman Hello there!
Thanks for the ROM and its my favourite custom ROM . I known that there's some copyright violation going on and builds for all Xiaomi devices were down but since most of the devices are back again. So, Is there any estimated time for the RN7P builds back online too? Also development was main reason for buying this device. So, Is everything gonna back-up again soon or it is going take time?
Thanks for the good work.

Last edited:

SwingNinja

Oct 1, 2019
stuck on TWRP

Edit: Eh, nevermind. It's resolved. I found stock rom from miui.blog. After I flashed it, lineageos started installing. Weird.

So, I'm stuck on TWRP now. Not stuck on TWRP logo or anything. I can still navigate and do stuff in twrp, just not being able to boot to lineageos.

1. I got my device from China and it came with Chinese miui. So I flashed it with Chinese ROM. Didn't see any error message from twrp when installing. Should I flash it with a global rom instead? Does it matter?
  2. Actually, I tried both and still didn't work. Didn't see any error message from twrp.
  3. I also flashed the lineageos stable and didn't work. Didn't see any error message.
  4. Any tips on how to fix this? How do I find what kind of firmware I have using ADB? log dump etc.
  5. Thanks.

Last edited:

ni6hant

Nov 13, 2017
New Delhi
Issues with this ROM:
1) Poor Call Quality in normal mode. (Works fine while on speaker otherwise unintelligible to the next person).
2) Native apps can't focus nearby. (Like WhatsApp Web and QR code scanning sharing like Xender)
3) ANX Camera works for a few days and then stops working completely. (Have to disable and re-enable it from Magisk for it to work).
4) Can't download QR Code package to scan QR Codes from ANX Camera directly. (Unsure if it's the issue with LOS or ANX).
5) USB OTG doesn't work. The option to use the OTG on the device with the change option doesn't work. Can't find another way to use the OTG on this ROM.
6) Wireless display doesn't work. Phone reboots.
7) Vibration is too strong. Had to completely disable it.

Extra features missing:
1) Native Call recording.
2) Internet Speed Meter.
3) Can't use internet on the other sim while on call on the first sim.
4) Three finger screenshots.
5) Top progress bar.

Note: Frame Drops/Stutters/Freezes in the ANX camera that existed earlier don't exist anymore in a newer version no. 148 with the 48MP Fix.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191005-015831_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191005-015831_Settings.png
    55 KB · Views: 410

freelance79

Oct 10, 2010
Does this mean that Redmi Note 7 pro has officially been dropped? It pains me that I may have to install a non lineageos Rom [emoji30]

Any recommendations?violet.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Saltmango

Sep 4, 2014
kannur
@xdatman Hello there!
Thanks for the ROM and its my favourite custom ROM . I known that there's some copyright violation going on and builds for all Xiaomi devices were down but since most of the devices are back again. So, Is there any estimated time for the RN7P builds back online too? Also development was main reason for buying this device. So, Is everything gonna back-up again soon or it is going take time?
Thanks for the good work.

"WARNING: The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro is no longer maintained. A build guide is available for developers that would like to make private builds, or even restart official support."
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/violet

Reactions: ni6hant

ni6hant

Nov 13, 2017
New Delhi
Issues with this ROM:
1) Poor Call Quality in normal mode. (Works fine while on speaker otherwise unintelligible to the next person).
2) Native apps can't focus nearby. (Like WhatsApp Web and QR code scanning sharing like Xender)
3) ANX Camera works for a few days and then stops working completely. (Have to disable and re-enable it from Magisk for it to work).
4) Can't download QR Code package to scan QR Codes from ANX Camera directly. (Unsure if it's the issue with LOS or ANX).
5) USB OTG doesn't work. The option to use the OTG on the device with the change option doesn't work. Can't find another way to use the OTG on this ROM.

Extra features missing:
2) Internet Speed Meter.
5) Top progress bar.

Note: Frame Drops/Stutters/Freezes in the ANX camera that existed earlier don't exist anymore in a newer version no. 148 with the 48MP Fix.

Finally removed this ROM mainly because of no more support from developers. Once it's updated I will be back on this ROM. Meanwhile Pixel experience(9) fixed almost all the bugs with this ROM. Thank GOD.

ni6hant

Nov 13, 2017
New Delhi
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I am a long time Lineage User and I was heartbroken to see this. Even if the last build was stable enough I would had stayed on LOS but alas with voice calls, wifi display and many other bugs in daily usage apps I had to abandon it.
I couldn't go back to MIUI it's horrible in terms of keeping the apps I want active.

So I went to Pixel Experience and not the Beta 10 Version, I will update to it once stable, Currently on Pixel Experience 9. It fixed all the issues with the last Lineage build.

Here is what the official page says:

WARNING: The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro is no longer maintained. A build guide is available for developers that would like to make private builds, or even restart official support.

Anyways, gere are bugs in the last build of the ROM.

Issues with this ROM:

Extra features missing:
2) Internet Speed Meter.
5) Top progress bar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • IR camera
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS/GNSS
    • VoLTE

Known issues:
    • You tell me (None)

Instructions :
    • You need a PC with ADB & Fastboot available
    • Download recovery
    • Reboot to fastboot
    • Run: fastboot flash recovery recovery_twistloop.img
    • Press volume & power up until you see TWRP logo
    • Enter your password (if it prompts)
    • Go to Wipe
    • Click on Format Data -> Yes
    • Go back and select Advanced Wipe
    • Select system & cache and press wipe
    • Go back (press back twice)
    • Select “Advanced”, “ADB Sideload”, then swipe to begin sideload.
    • On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip (Replace filename with actual filename)
    • You may flash OpenGapps and or Magisk
    • Reboot

Note: If you're unable to download Netflix or some other app from Play Store and or if you're unable to use Widevine L1, please consider flashing Magisk. However, if you flash Magisk, your support tickets won't be entertained.

Downloads :
    • TWRP : Here

NOTE: THIS TWRP is based on WrappedKey-FBE. If you use ANY OTHER TWRP other then aforementioned, it has chances of having issues which won't be looked into.

• Official Build : Here
    • Firmware : Here

Credits:
    • Eddie Morceri
    • Nolen Johnson
    • Rashed Abdel-Tawab
    • Ashwin RC
    • Moshe Barash
    • Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin
    • Amulya Bhardwaj
    • Peter Cai
    • Lineage Team
    • AospExtended Team
    • Wang Han

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro

Contributors
    xdatman
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_violet

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: >= 9.5.14/Latest (Global/China) Stable/Latest (Global/China) Beta
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-07-25
    Last Updated 2019-07-25
    I'll look into "focus" issue soon, it's something that I need to look at the root cause. There is a hack but I'm interested in a solution. I request co-operation. Thx.
    Note: If you're facing issue which reads "Verification failed" please sideload the [URL="https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/full/violet/20190728/lineage-16.0-20190728-nightly-violet-signed.zip]28th July build[/URL] and your issue will be resolved. This happens due to vintf verification in the updater app which required a patch to pass.
    An update on the above: turns out it was actually very much broken. I've fixed now the sepolicy denials, and made a new build. All five fingerprints can be enrolled, all are working, and there's no issue with the FBE either. Flashing Magisk over it doesn't seem to break anything. I'd probably do monthly self builds so I can keep up to date on security patches. The actual firmware flashed in TWRP was exactly the one in OP's google drive link, target PHFINXM 10.3.9.

If anyone ever bothers looking at this thread again, or if devs are willing to start up again, I'd be super keen to join in. Otherwise I don't see how it's possible to restart official support just for myself.

The final build: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lE0na1G2cJQ8CvGMwaoKHf-u6Fa32aWG
    Whts the difference? Enforcing and permissive?

Running a ROM that is SELinux permissive on your phone is like leaving your house unlocked when you're out on a holiday.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone