[ROM][OFFICIAL][9.0.0][violet] LineageOS 16.0 [WrappedKey-FBE]

Search This thread

hcnulma

Feb 25, 2017
@JC_Yang I have updated the post to reflect an even easier way of making the build - there's now a repo for the vendor blobs. Let me know if there are still any issues.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

[/COLOR @JC_Yang I have updated the post to reflect an even easier way of making the build - there's now a repo for the vendor blobs. Let me know if there are still any issues.

ni6hant

Nov 13, 2017
New Delhi
Without original developers it's very hard for me to get back to the ROM. I mean if I had a secondary device I would have started rhe development too, but I don't. I don't want to risk the obly phone I have.

However, if this ROM becomes stable, I won't hesitate for a second to come back here. I never liked any other rom and Pixel Experience is just a compromise.

freelance79

Oct 10, 2010
is this build abandoned? Clicking on the official link leads me to nowhere ...?!?
Basically there was a DMCA because it used a facial recognition library without permission, for other devices this was removed but unfortunately not for this one so it is no longer in the build process.

There are currently no developers working on this version at the moment and imagine that won't change any time soon as it is way behind the official build now. We can only hope it gets picked back up when lineage with Android 10 gets built.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: onmyouji

aadityaraj1

Jul 25, 2016
New Delhi
Basically there was a DMCA because it used a facial recognition library without permission, for other devices this was removed but unfortunately not for this one so it is no longer in the build process.

There are currently no developers working on this version at the moment and imagine that won't change any time soon as it is way behind the official build now. We can only hope it gets picked back up when lineage with Android 10 gets built.
That's not completely true. Many TG users know the whole thing. Btw LOS 17.1 will be official soon for violet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200802-111210_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200802-111210_Settings.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 211

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • IR camera
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS/GNSS
    • VoLTE

Known issues:
    • You tell me (None)

Instructions :
    • You need a PC with ADB & Fastboot available
    • Download recovery
    • Reboot to fastboot
    • Run: fastboot flash recovery recovery_twistloop.img
    • Press volume & power up until you see TWRP logo
    • Enter your password (if it prompts)
    • Go to Wipe
    • Click on Format Data -> Yes
    • Go back and select Advanced Wipe
    • Select system & cache and press wipe
    • Go back (press back twice)
    • Select “Advanced”, “ADB Sideload”, then swipe to begin sideload.
    • On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip (Replace filename with actual filename)
    • You may flash OpenGapps and or Magisk
    • Reboot

Note: If you're unable to download Netflix or some other app from Play Store and or if you're unable to use Widevine L1, please consider flashing Magisk. However, if you flash Magisk, your support tickets won't be entertained.

Downloads :
    • TWRP : Here

NOTE: THIS TWRP is based on WrappedKey-FBE. If you use ANY OTHER TWRP other then aforementioned, it has chances of having issues which won't be looked into.

• Official Build : Here
    • Firmware : Here

Credits:
    • Eddie Morceri
    • Nolen Johnson
    • Rashed Abdel-Tawab
    • Ashwin RC
    • Moshe Barash
    • Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin
    • Amulya Bhardwaj
    • Peter Cai
    • Lineage Team
    • AospExtended Team
    • Wang Han

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro

Contributors
    xdatman
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_violet

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: >= 9.5.14/Latest (Global/China) Stable/Latest (Global/China) Beta
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-07-25
    Last Updated 2019-07-25
    I'll look into "focus" issue soon, it's something that I need to look at the root cause. There is a hack but I'm interested in a solution. I request co-operation. Thx.
    Note: If you're facing issue which reads "Verification failed" please sideload the [URL="https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/full/violet/20190728/lineage-16.0-20190728-nightly-violet-signed.zip]28th July build[/URL] and your issue will be resolved. This happens due to vintf verification in the updater app which required a patch to pass.
    An update on the above: turns out it was actually very much broken. I've fixed now the sepolicy denials, and made a new build. All five fingerprints can be enrolled, all are working, and there's no issue with the FBE either. Flashing Magisk over it doesn't seem to break anything. I'd probably do monthly self builds so I can keep up to date on security patches. The actual firmware flashed in TWRP was exactly the one in OP's google drive link, target PHFINXM 10.3.9.

If anyone ever bothers looking at this thread again, or if devs are willing to start up again, I'd be super keen to join in. Otherwise I don't see how it's possible to restart official support just for myself.

The final build: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lE0na1G2cJQ8CvGMwaoKHf-u6Fa32aWG
    Whts the difference? Enforcing and permissive?

Running a ROM that is SELinux permissive on your phone is like leaving your house unlocked when you're out on a holiday.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone