[ROM][OFFICIAL][9.0.0_r40][ZE520KL/ZE552KL] XenonHD 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bslipe

Apr 7, 2019
xSXj9TN.png

TeamHorizon's XenonHD rom builds for ASUS ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL/ZE552KL)
http://www.xenonhd.com/
XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is based on LineageOS 16.0 with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.
The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".

Device Source:
android_device_asus_zenfone3
kernel_asus_msm8953
proprietary_vendor_asus

Download Links:
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: Experimental | Official
Gapps: opengapps.org
Changelog: Experimental | Official

Flashing Instructions:

To install this ROM you will need to have a latest custom Recovery such as TWRP installed
  • If you're coming from stock rom, enable data roaming first (you'll be able to enable/disable it later on custom roms)
  • Copy the downloaded ROM to your phone
  • Boot into your recovery
  • Back up your ROM
  • Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
  • Install the ROM
  • Install GAPPS package
  • Reboot - the first boot can take up to 5 minutes
  • Note: do Format Data if asked for password at boot
  • Note 2: if you face bootloop, flash the fix provided on this post
Installing updates:
  • Copy the downloaded update to your phone
  • Boot into your recovery
  • Back up your ROM
  • Install the update
  • Optionally wipe caches
  • Reboot
Other Links:
Github
Google+
Telegram

XDA:DevDB Information
Official XenonHD 9.0 ROM by TeamHorizon, ROM for the ASUS ZenFone 3

Contributors
bslipe, dadi11, makorn645
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamHorizon

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.x, Unlocked BL
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-10-22
Last Updated 2019-06-09

Last edited:

bslipe

Apr 7, 2019
Screenshots

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    118 KB · Views: 5,226
  • 2.png
    2.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 5,270
  • 3.png
    3.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 5,036
  • 4.png
    4.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 4,867
  • 5.png
    5.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 5,017
Last edited by a moderator:

metaxda

Apr 19, 2018
this latest XenonHD is not using Nova Launcher anymore?

also, are the bugs/features the same as LineageOS 16.0 ?
What's working:
Boots
RIL (Calls ,SMS, Data)
Fingerprint
Wifi
Bluetooth
Media
Display
Sensors
Camera
Flashlight
LED
GPS
Volte
Encryption (FDE)

Known issues:
Some features may be missing.
Permissive SEPolicy

mayur.saffron

Mar 14, 2015
XenonHD is the first Official custom ROM for ZE520KL and ZE552KL. It was stable and fast. But due to some reasons it received no updates and always remained 'Experimental'.
I found it to be capable enough for my daily driver.
Hope it changes this time around.

bslipe

Apr 7, 2019
XenonHD is the first Official custom ROM for ZE520KL and ZE552KL. It was stable and fast. But due to some reasons it received no updates and always remained 'Experimental'.
I found it to be capable enough for my daily driver.
Hope it changes this time around.
Are you talking about XenonHD 8.1? There's 8 experimental builds and 1 official as far as I know

But this one will receive Official tag in the future, Pie is still too "young" and this may take a while

YousifG7

Feb 28, 2018
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
Are you talking about XenonHD 8.1? There's 8 experimental builds and 1 official as far as I know

But this one will receive Official tag in the future, Pie is still too "young" and this may take a while
i am thinking about installig this....and i know clean flash is always recommended....but can i dirty flash this on AEX 9.0?....since i dont have alot of time to reinstall apps and all....and does this rom have OTA Support like ArrowOS????Thanks

bslipe

Apr 7, 2019
i am thinking about installig this....and i know clean flash is always recommended....but can i dirty flash this on AEX 9.0?....since i dont have alot of time to reinstall apps and all....and does this rom have OTA Support like ArrowOS????Thanks

I would recommend a clean flash just to be safe. But if you're gonna install Xenon, wait for a few days because the next update will require a clean flash. We're gonna use private keys on our ROMs, so the clean flash will be necessary to install the next update (after that you'll be able to update with a dirty flash like before). I think I'll release an update next week with November security patch, so that's why I'm holding it right now

And yeah, we have OTA!

YousifG7

Feb 28, 2018
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
I would recommend a clean flash just to be safe. But if you're gonna install Xenon, wait for a few days because the next update will require a clean flash. We're gonna use private keys on our ROMs, so the clean flash will be necessary to install the next update (after that you'll be able to update with a dirty flash like before). I think I'll release an update next week with November security patch, so that's why I'm holding it right now

And yeah, we have OTA!
Thanks for the reply!!! i cant wait .....ohhh and one more question if you dont mind me asking....does XenonHD have that zoom-in bug in youtube....alot of people were experiencing this bug on nougat on other devices and it might be irrelevant today....but i thought i would ask before trying the rom to make sure....if you dont know which bug im talking about, you can visit the XenonHD rom for the 2015 J7 and see what people are talking about....since everbody was affected by it and it made the rom unusable to anyone who uses youtube....sorry for the long question bro...

Last edited:

bslipe

Apr 7, 2019
Thanks for the reply!!! i cant wait .....ohhh and one more question if you dont mind me asking....does XenonHD have that zoom-in bug in youtube....alot of people were experiencing this bug on nougat on other devices and it might be irrelevant today....but i thought i would ask before trying the rom to make sure....if you dont know which bug im talking about, you can visit the XenonHD rom for the 2015 J7 and see what people are talking about....since everbody was affected by it and it made the rom unusable to anyone who uses youtube....sorry for the long question bro...

What was the bug?

Because I've tested yesterday and I haven't found anything wrong with that (but I'm using it for the first time too, so... :p)

YousifG7

Feb 28, 2018
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
What was the bug?

Because I've tested yesterday and I haven't found anything wrong with that (but I'm using it for the first time too, so... :p)
The bug happens when playing any youtube video and all of the sudden the video zooms-in on any corner of the device so it ruins the watching experience....this bug is present in Nougat based builds of this rom for other devices and as i said everyone is affected....thats why i asked you if you had experienced this in this build....it could also be fixed from the main sources from the XenonHD Team and completly irrelevant today....

bslipe

Apr 7, 2019
The bug happens when playing any youtube video and all of the sudden the video zooms-in on any corner of the device so it ruins the watching experience....this bug is present in Nougat based builds of this rom for other devices and as i said everyone is affected....thats why i asked you if you had experienced this in this build....it could also be fixed from the main sources from the XenonHD Team and completly irrelevant today....

I think this was fixed a long time ago, I've used both XenonHD 8.1 from makorn and this one and never saw anything like that (I even used Xenon 8.1 on my Moto G falcon from 2013 and works great there too)

I thought of something completely different from that, but nevertheless: this bug don't occur on this ROM

YousifG7

Feb 28, 2018
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
I think this was fixed a long time ago, I've used both XenonHD 8.1 from makorn and this one and never saw anything like that (I even used Xenon 8.1 on my Moto G falcon from 2013 and works great there too)

I thought of something completely different from that, but nevertheless: this bug don't occur on this ROM
Ok then...Thanks for clarifying this, Have a good Day Bro!

YousifG7

Feb 28, 2018
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
Hi there....been almost a week since the November Patch source code got released....so i have been wondering when will you release the next build of XenonHD...i have been dreading my current rom for a while now but i didnt change it because i took your advice to wait for the next build which will require a clean flash no matter what....so could we get an ETA for that??...also what do you think about (Migrate) for custom rom switching???? should i use it to transfer my Data from my current rom to XenonHD in the future or do you think it will cause problems and conflicts....i just wanna hear your opinion about it thats all....As always Have a good Day Bro!!...

bslipe

Apr 7, 2019
Hi there....been almost a week since the November Patch source code got released....so i have been wondering when will you release the next build of XenonHD...i have been dreading my current rom for a while now but i didnt change it because i took your advice to wait for the next build which will require a clean flash no matter what....so could we get an ETA for that??...also what do you think about (Migrate) for custom rom switching???? should i use it to transfer my Data from my current rom to XenonHD in the future or do you think it will cause problems and conflicts....i just wanna hear your opinion about it thats all....As always Have a good Day Bro!!...

We need to wait until LOS merges the new changes from November security patch (they will merge it tomorrow)

I don't know about Migrate because I've tested version 1.0.5 and it was giving some errors (as posted on their thread), so I don't know if today's release fixed those bugs

And good day to you!

bslipe

Apr 7, 2019
We're using private keys, so clean flash this new version!
Wipe cache/dalvik/system/data (Format Data if you see any bootloop)

New XenonHD 9.0 Experimental update (19-11-2018)
Download link: https://mirrors.c0urier.net/android...one3/XenonHD-181119-Experimental-zenfone3.zip

Changelog
- November security patch (9.0.0_r16)
- Updated kernel to Linux v3.18.125 / CAF Tag LA.UM.7.6.r1-03400-89xx.0
- XenonHD and LOS sources updated (19-11-2018)
- Enabled EIS in Google Camera
- Updated power profile for Pie
- Some Wi-Fi tweaks
- Multiple updates from CAF LA.UM.7.6.2.r1-04200-89xx.0
- Enable radio power saving
- Fix memory issues
- Added FM blobs from jasmine V10.0.1.0.PDIMIFJ
- Also from jasmine V10.0.1.0.PDIMIFJ: updated blobs for power-off alarm, bluetooth, time services, wifi, peripheral manager, listen, display and GPS
- Add missing libvulkan
- Camera changes on build.prop
- Small code cleanup
- Bug fixes/other improvements

YousifG7

Feb 28, 2018
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
We're using private keys, so clean flash this new version!
Wipe cache/dalvik/system/data (Format Data if you see any bootloop)

New XenonHD 9.0 Experimental update (19-11-2018)
Download link: https://mirrors.c0urier.net/android...one3/XenonHD-181119-Experimental-zenfone3.zip

Changelog
- November security patch (9.0.0_r16)
- Updated kernel to Linux v3.18.125 / CAF Tag LA.UM.7.6.r1-03400-89xx.0
- XenonHD and LOS sources updated (19-11-2018)
- Enabled EIS in Google Camera
- Updated power profile for Pie
- Some Wi-Fi tweaks
- Multiple updates from CAF LA.UM.7.6.2.r1-04200-89xx.0
- Enable radio power saving
- Fix memory issues
- Added FM blobs from jasmine V10.0.1.0.PDIMIFJ
- Also from jasmine V10.0.1.0.PDIMIFJ: updated blobs for power-off alarm, bluetooth, time services, wifi, peripheral manager, listen, display and GPS
- Add missing libvulkan
- Camera changes on build.prop
- Small code cleanup
- Bug fixes/other improvements
Thanks...i will try this later....hopefully this is better than AEX....Thanks Bro!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts