[ROM][OFFICIAL][9.0] Evervolv for HP Touchpad

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
I just pulled this out of the cupboard.. after 24 hours charging, I can turn it on. It is running Android ICS - but haven't touched it in years. Got to boot up with the USB logo... but can't see the device. Help! I've got all the Novacom drivers and TP... I even put the ROM onto the tablet via Google Drive, but can't seem to write the new Android 9.0 ROM to the tablet.
The USB Logo is the WebOS Recovery Mode. It is use to load boot images (uImage ) using a computer with the Novacom drivers, example the ToolBox, TP Debrick or Recovery. The USB Logo ( WebOS Recovery can not be used to flash any Android Roms, also will not be visible in the PC as a storage drive.

To flash Android 9, the Recovery TWRP 3.2.1 must be use to flash the ROM.
Android 9 is set to use a swap partition same as WebOS does.
The easiest way to make the Tablet 100% Android with TWRP 3.2.1 is by flashing Wipe_All.
Guide Here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...all-android-roms-with-swap-partition.3901773/
Also it can be loaded using this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/hp-touchpad-debrick-linux-live-cd.4189245/
To flash Wipe_All, the ISO can be loaded in a virtual Machine and use that way.
If the Novacom Driver is fully working on Windows, then use this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-android-9-0-through-4-4-on-touchpad.3575861/

Reactions: Gborg3

davevo_82

Jan 19, 2021
The USB Logo is the WebOS Recovery Mode. It is use to load boot images (uImage ) using a computer with the Novacom drivers, example the ToolBox, TP Debrick or Recovery. The USB Logo ( WebOS Recovery can not be used to flash any Android Roms, also will not be visible in the PC as a storage drive.

To flash Android 9, the Recovery TWRP 3.2.1 must be use to flash the ROM.
Android 9 is set to use a swap partition same as WebOS does.
The easiest way to make the Tablet 100% Android with TWRP 3.2.1 is by flashing Wipe_All.
Guide Here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...all-android-roms-with-swap-partition.3901773/
Also it can be loaded using this guide:
To flash Wipe_All, the ISO can be loaded in a virtual Machine and use that way.
If the Novacom Driver is fully working on Windows, then use this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-android-9-0-through-4-4-on-touchpad.3575861/
Thanks HP_TOUCHPAD.

Sorry, it's been such a long time.... I finally got into TWRP. However, it seems my download of Evervolv doesn't work. In the end, I had to put Cyangenmod back on again...

davevo_82

Jan 19, 2021
Thanks HP_TOUCHPAD.

Sorry, it's been such a long time.... I finally got into TWRP. However, it seems my download of Evervolv doesn't work. In the end, I had to put Cyangenmod back on again...
Hmmmm... I think I just lost WebOS and the Android partition. The only thing I have now is the TWRP recovery...

No access to USB that I can see! :S

Gborg3

Dec 5, 2013
I finally have a computer and put this on my TouchPad today
Hmmmm... I think I just lost WebOS and the Android partition. The only thing I have now is the TWRP recovery...

Please include what exact steps and filenames were used. We will get you aimed at android. I finally got a computer and put this on my TouchPad a day or two ago with zero instructions so I know it works.

Reactions: HP_TOUCHPAD

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017

Wipe_All ( WIPE ALL the data from the internal storage to make it a 100% Android Device, WebOS will be removed )
That is why is name ( Wipe_All )
Wipe_All create all the Android partitions that allows to flash any ROMs ever created for the Tablet.

TWRP Recovery is the only option in the moboot menu, which allows to flash ( ALL Android ROMs )

Gborg3

Dec 5, 2013
If all you have is TWRP after wipe_all, you should just need to plug into a computer and put rom zip, Gapps zip, Superuser zip if root is desired, then flash them. The files can be put in the ttinstall folder on the TouchPad.

davevo_82

Jan 19, 2021
You guys are awesome - thank you so much for your replies. I was pretty close to throwing the touchpad in the bin.

I will give it a try tonight and let you know how the fight goes :D

davevo_82

Jan 19, 2021
If all you have is TWRP after wipe_all, you should just need to plug into a computer and put rom zip, Gapps zip, Superuser zip if root is desired, then flash them. The files can be put in the ttinstall folder on the TouchPad.
I don't see a "Wipe_all" from TWRP?

And furthermore, I still do not have USB access from TWRP on my laptop?

Gborg3

Dec 5, 2013
You guys are awesome - thank you so much for your replies. I was pretty close to throwing the touchpad in the bin.

I will give it a try tonight and let you know how the fight goes :D
These TouchPads are near impossible to kill

How did you get

The wipe_all zip was what you originally used to get the tablet to its near ready state now. TWRP is how the zip was used. How did you get that zip onto your tablet initially?

dizzymon

Apr 26, 2017
I just pulled this out of the cupboard.. after 24 hours charging, I can turn it on. It is running Android ICS - but haven't touched it in years. Got to boot up with the USB logo... but can't see the device. Help! I've got all the Novacom drivers and TP... I even put the ROM onto the tablet via Google Drive, but can't seem to write the new Android 9.0 ROM to the tablet.
Do you have the version of TWRP that allows you to put files on it in recovery mode.

How did you get

The wipe_all zip was what you originally used to get the tablet to its near ready state now. TWRP is how the zip was used. How did you get that zip onto your tablet initially?
You can try the Toolbox desktop app and it would allow you to format/wipe/load files onto the tablet but I think you might need the novacom usb drivers to see the tablet.

Gborg3

Dec 5, 2013
Do you have the version of TWRP that allows you to put files on it in recovery mode.

You can try the Toolbox desktop app and it would allow you to format/wipe/load files onto the tablet but I think you might need the novacom usb drivers to see the tablet.
I was trying to remember if novacom was necessary for the pc to recognize the touchpad. Java installed and novacom should let everything be friends again.

davevo_82

Jan 19, 2021

How did you get

I original Android ICS on there. I downloaded the files in Google Drive and downloaded it from there.

I'm using TWRP 3.2.1.0 (Flintmon)

I have Toolbox desktop app - but it is saying that it cannot detect a device (from command prompt window)

I was trying to remember if novacom was necessary for the pc to recognize the touchpad. Java installed and novacom should let everything be friends again.
I originally tried to install the Novacom drivers from the Java installer - but that didn't work. I ended up downloading the tgz file with the x64 drivers and installed that. Still cannot see the device from USB.

Gborg3

Dec 5, 2013
I original Android ICS on there. I downloaded the files in Google Drive and downloaded it from there.

I'm using TWRP 3.2.1.0 (Flintmon)

I have Toolbox desktop app - but it is saying that it cannot detect a device (from command prompt window)

I originally tried to install the Novacom drivers from the Java installer - but that didn't work. I ended up downloading the tgz file with the x64 drivers and installed that. Still cannot see the device from USB.
Without particularly wanting to dive into your device manager, I would suggest booting into something made to make this easy. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/hp-touchpad-novacom-repair-android.3960435/

Gborg3

Dec 5, 2013
I just had a curious quirk of sorts happen with my TouchPad. My battery has the tendency to randomly shut off to 0% when I get it around 50%. This happened today. I had it on the dock but had not turned it back on. I finally did home + power hard reboot to turn it on. It booted but was stuck in landscape instead of portrait while it was vertical or horizontal. I checked all the settings on the launcher and the tablet and everything was saying auto rotate was on. I finally gave up and turned it off. I turned it back on with just the power button. Screen rotation works again.

davevo_82

Jan 19, 2021
Without particularly wanting to dive into your device manager, I would suggest booting into something made to make this easy. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/hp-touchpad-novacom-repair-android.3960435/
I tried this, This evening. Went into Robot and WebOS Recovery (large USB symbol on the screen). LiveLinux is installed on Virtualbox, but I still cannot see the Touchpad as a USB device. It's not even appearing in USB devices under Virtualbox. I'm expecting to at least see a device... this isn't appearing. I'm going to try different USB cables tomorrow.....

Gborg3

Dec 5, 2013
I tried this, This evening. Went into Robot and WebOS Recovery (large USB symbol on the screen). LiveLinux is installed on Virtualbox, but I still cannot see the Touchpad as a USB device. It's not even appearing in USB devices under Virtualbox. I'm expecting to at least see a device... this isn't appearing. I'm going to try different USB cables tomorrow.....
I would try booting Linux from a flash drive too. I do not know exactly how it works but I would hope doing so would let you bypass whichever usb driver is not working correctly in Windows and use Linux with its own drivers.

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
I just had a curious quirk of sorts happen with my TouchPad. My battery has the tendency to randomly shut off to 0% when I get it around 50%. This happened today. I had it on the dock but had not turned it back on. I finally did home + power hard reboot to turn it on. It booted but was stuck in landscape instead of portrait while it was vertical or horizontal. I checked all the settings on the launcher and the tablet and everything was saying auto rotate was on. I finally gave up and turned it off. I turned it back on with just the power button. Screen rotation works again.
Read this post to find out exactly the battery health status:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...prevents-battery-drain.4002265/#post-80993173

The Tablet must be on all the time, charging and connected to WiFi.

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
There is a dedicated guide for the Repair Live CD, read this post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/hp-touchpad-novacom-repair-android.3960435/page-10#post-84321387

Also there is another version of a Live CD that allows to do it all even a debrick:

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
Novacom driver does not need Java to work, it is best to use the Live Linux cd with the built in drivers than installing on a current Windows 10 PC, any future updates could render the novacom drivers obsolete.

The ToolBox can not be use to flash any ROM, is obsolete.
It can only be use to:
Flash the A6 firmware ( battery controller )
Reformat the Tablet to be use with WebOS and Android, or Android with no swap partition.

When the Automatic_Wipe_All gets flash, the Toolbox can not be use.

Reformatting or Wiping is now done using TWRP 3.2.1( Recovery )

The ToolBox was introduced in 2014, it is now 2021 and there has been a lot of progress and development since then.

davevo_82

Jan 19, 2021
Novacom driver does not need Java to work, it is best to use the Live Linux cd with the built in drivers than installing on a current Windows 10 PC, any future updates could render the novacom drivers obsolete.
Yep, I just used the Java to install the drivers, but I have read that it is because the links no longer work to download, hence why I am using the TGZ file.