• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][9.0] Evervolv for HP Touchpad

Search This thread

AHChan1

May 28, 2021
I have done the install as directed above. My Touchpad boots to Evervolv with a clock on an otherwise blank screen. When I swipe up I get 11 resident apps. How do I access and download additional apps like Kindle Reader or SimplyE for library books? And, I am unable to add my gmail account via the settings app on the app page. The browser works, as does the calculator, calendar, gallery, and even the camera (upside down). Any guidance would be welcome. Thanks, Alan [email protected]

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: Sigster

HP_TOUCHPAD

Jan 18, 2017
Just playing with my old touchpad and installed this. Is it me or is this super laggy and essentially not useable?
it all depends how it was flashed, or installed.
9 is set up to use a swap partition, just as webOS and every Computer Operating system ever created.
Also how many or types of Apps are install on a fresh 9 ROM installation ( bloatware )
Google Open Apps ( Play store ) slows down the tablet, for the many background services it uses to collect user data.
For a 10 year old device, with great sound speakers, wireless charging , perfect screen size and the many different ROMs available, still have a lot of uses.
The Tablet can be set up as a dedicated " specific" use device, once the App is running will perform just the same.
Here is a video of a super installation of Google Open Apps, is a killer and not to be use this way. But it shows that it can handle it and perform.
HP Touchpad Evervolv Pie Super Open Gapps

Reactions: marcustaz

marcustaz

May 31, 2012
9 is set up to use a swap partition, just as webOS and every Computer Operating system ever created.
Also how many or types of Apps are install on a fresh 9 ROM installation ( bloatware )
Google Open Apps ( Play store ) slows down the tablet, for the many background services it uses to collect user data.
For a 10 year old device, with great sound speakers, wireless charging , perfect screen size and the many different ROMs available, still have a lot of uses.
The Tablet can be set up as a dedicated " specific" use device, once the App is running will perform just the same.
Here is a video of a super installation of Google Open Apps, is a killer and not to be use this way. But it shows that it can handle it and perform.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just playing with my old touchpad and installed this. Is it me or is this super laggy and essentially not useable?
    It shows its age when using some apps. With the maxtreme kernel, minimal apps and light real world use it can be usable. But that usable is with an understanding of what the hardware can handle.
    For those that don't know what Evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom aimed at Snapdragon powered devices. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

If you would like to contribute to Evervolv, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Current version: Based off 9.0 (Pie)

Features:
    • Extended PowerMenu
    • Battery %
    • Battery icon shapes
    • Volume button music control
    • Lineage Styles
    • Key rebinding
    • Expanded desktop

Bug Reporting:
    Please provide the following info:
    If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    Please use EVPaste to post your logs.

Downloads:
    Available downloads

Source:
    Evervolv Github
    Branch: p-9..0

Changelog:
    Nightly changelogs are available on download page (EVUpdater too!)
    or you can view them at the Evervolv Gerrit

Bug list:
    • Bluetooth (In progress)
    • Camera (In progress)

Donations:
    If you wish to donate please do so here (Paypal)
    here you go. I'm going to recharge my device and make sure I posted the build I have running on my device.
    Finally got preview and image capture from the camera in pie, looks like it was shot using a potato but its a start. now to get bt working. Will push an update as soon as im done with a round of debugging
    Don't think we have forgotten about you guys. ;-P We have been busy bringing our daily devices up to snuff and learning the ins and outs of android 10. We currently are putting effort into breathing life back into this device. So far we have made some progress but nothing that is able to be tested (Not even at full boot yet). So hopefully in the coming weeks we will have something for you to play with. Don't hold your breath though, this device is fighting us tooth and nail.
    new build uploaded that actually boots, swap was added as well