Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Motorola Moto Maxx
Xiaomi Mi 5

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE [Grus]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration
Facelock

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download ROM zip from Pixel Experience website

Donate
Liked our work? Give us a beer
jhenrique09 paypal
Hlcpereira paypal

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
PixelExperience-P, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Contributors
Hlcpereira
Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 9.7.4 as minimum target
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-08-25

Created 2019-08-25
Last Updated 2019-09-25

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Motorola Moto Maxx
Xiaomi Mi 5
Plus Edition build was removed due loops on setup due sepolicy issue (watchdog trigger). A new build will be pushed later or tomorrow with that fixed. For now Pie Edition build is your only option.

Thanks for the comprehension and sorry for any issue caused by the use of Plus Edition build released early.

Last edited:

luochuyao

Sep 16, 2016
Inserting SIM card of China Unicom will lead to baseband abnormality

Inserting SIM card of China Unicom will lead to baseband abnormalityRepaired

Last edited:

elpaablo

Nov 18, 2017
First of all, thank you for your work. It's great to have another ROM for our device. My first impressions.
1 - Had to install 9.7.4 china vendor. Started with 10.3.4 eea but I couldn't even complete setup due to constant media and acore crashes.
2 - Dark theme is not working. (Explained.)
3 - Face unlock doesn't work out of the box. I had to do the same thing I did with the other AOSP ROMs: install pico gapps + faceunlock.zip file. (Solved. My fault.)

On the other hand, I'm glad to see that SIM management is working and it saves the SIM state (first AOSP ROM doing that). I don't know what the plus version will have, but I miss advanced reboot and an option to customize status bar with some padding. Now let's use it for a while and see how it performs. :)

edit: yeah, pico gapps + faceunlock.zip broke system (phone is starting loop). so no face unlock, for now.

Last edited:

elpaablo

Nov 18, 2017
So, pico gapps removes stock launcher and keyboard, that's why phone couldn't start. I solved that, installing nova and keyboard. Unfortunately, faceunlock.zip doesn't work with pixel experience. Also, the phone always start in mute state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE [Grus]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download ROM zip from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked our work? Give us a beer
    jhenrique09 paypal
    Hlcpereira paypal

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience-P, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Contributors
    Hlcpereira
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 9.7.4 as minimum target
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-08-25

Created 2019-08-25
    Last Updated 2019-09-25
    All right, I'll probably get a bad image with some people because of that decision but I have no choice.

Unfortunately and sadly I'm having to stop the development for Mi 9 SE from my end. Please don't start pointing the finger at me and saying s*** like "Oh you're a ****ing scammer, you didn't give long enough support for the device" and stuff like that. I'm not having time to give attention for both devices, the enough proof is the time that took me to do the lastest release for Grus.

Don't get me wrong, I'd really like to do give longer support for the device. Even already did something regarding an Android 10 bringup on the device trees (it bootlooped of course :p) and implemented FOD stuff in the test source of PixelExperience 10, but as I'm getting a new job now (for receiving a salary), plus the collage, I had to took a decision, plus everything that I promised, which was bringing up the device source and releasing PE officially for it, I did, I kept my promises. So yeah, this it.

If anyone feels in the right to, just contact me and I'll find a way to return the money of the crowdfunding donation as soon as possible.

All my source, even the test/WIP/unfinished ones are public at my github and PE-Devices org if anyone interested to look and built PE by yourself.

Thanks for all the support given. Hope to see you guys by, maybe on the Mi 8, maybe on another device.
    The update it's already released for a few devices, maybe the developer it's fixing some specific grus bugs but it should be released soon.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI 9 SE using XDA Labs

Well, I wasn't working on Grus to be honest, but I was indeed working on Q stuff, as the Mi 8 bringup is easier because no prebuilt vendor. I'll may release the september builds this week for both Mi 8 and Mi 9 SE
    Will anybody post proper procedure for flashing both pie and pie plus PE rom for now

Pixel Experience 9.0 (r46)

Inital release: 26.08.2019

Whats working?
    Wifi, RIL, Mobile data, GPS, Camera, Flashlight, Camcorder, Bluetooth, Fingerprint. NFC, Lights. Sound/Vibration, Facelock

Flashing instructions:
    1. Disable PIN/Password & do Backup
    2. Wipe system, vendor, data, cache, dalvik cache
    3. Flash Vendor ( fw-vendor_grus_9.7.4.zip ), then ROM via TWRP 3.3.1-7a ( twrp-3.3.1-7a-Mi9SE.img ) or newer
    4. Reboot to System

Don't flash Gapps. It's included.

I copied this from telegram and included the correct vendor and twrp download links.
    For me this worked perfect with Pixel Experience Pie Rom. After that I dirtyflashed Pixel Experience Pie Plus Rom. Everything is fine.

cheers
    Can you smooth the notch's curve like it is on the stock MIUI? @Hlcpereira

I'm already using MIUI stock values for notch and yet it's stills like that.

Really nice rom but I would like to suggest some things :
    - Camera app is bad, we are missing a lot of features
    - Screen corners and notch aren't smooths
    - The font for notifications is Product Sans but I find this a little bit unreadable
    - Screen color profiles (natural, saturated... seems not work)

Nice job btw !

- Camera app: I'll included GCam in the next update
    - Screen corners and notch: Check my answer to Luigi
    - Font: That's just on Plus Edition, anyway, that's Q behaviour on Pixels Stock ROM, so whether now on Plus Edition or on Q it'll stay like that
    - Screen Color Profile: Guess I'll switch to LiveDisplay color profiles back then, because people still telling me that they aren't working (whether on Mi 8 or on Mi 9 SE).