• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 for ZE520KL / ZE552KL

Search This thread

focusbra

Oct 11, 2012
Hi there,
I installed the last rom update and right now my headphone isn't recognize automatically .
Anyone can help me ?
tks

happy new year

spoken_g

Jan 29, 2021
Hello, I've been seriously considering switching my Zenfone 3 to Lineage OS as I really like the phone and it seems like Lineage OS would bring some great improvements.

However, I've been a bit hesitant to do the switch for a few reasons:

- It would be my first time changing OS and I'm a bit worried of bricking the phone
- I haven't been able to hear from anyone who installed Lineage OS on their Zenfone 3, I wouldn't want to go through the installation process only to find out that it is unstable and that I should switch back

From what I read here it seems that people mostly write here to report bugs and errors, is there anyone that has done this and can share their overall experience with me? Would you recommend me to do this even if the Zenfone is my primary phone?
(I'm aware that there might be problems with banking apps, but I would be ok with not keeping them on my Zenfone)

Thanks a lot in advance :)

fariez

Feb 28, 2014
Surabaya
Hello, I've been seriously considering switching my Zenfone 3 to Lineage OS as I really like the phone and it seems like Lineage OS would bring some great improvements.

- It would be my first time changing OS and I'm a bit worried of bricking the phone
- I haven't been able to hear from anyone who installed Lineage OS on their Zenfone 3, I wouldn't want to go through the installation process only to find out that it is unstable and that I should switch back

From what I read here it seems that people mostly write here to report bugs and errors, is there anyone that has done this and can share their overall experience with me? Would you recommend me to do this even if the Zenfone is my primary phone?
(I'm aware that there might be problems with banking apps, but I would be ok with not keeping them on my Zenfone)

It is rock solid, as solid as a custom rom can be, with regular security patches. Updating process is also flawless so far. But it is frozen on pie, as no one is developing it anymore. I'm returning to this fone after a few months of disappointing replacement in the form of ginkgo, which is still stuck on encrypted storage after using MiuiMix 12.

Larckov

Feb 22, 2021

I have this rom, from Lineage page instructions, and it is been a year since I install it. No problems so far in general. Better performance, and better battery life. The camera is not working as good as with the original software, because it has a sensor to measure stuff, and that I have no idea how to use it in the software that brings Lienage or any other app out there (If anybody knows, please tell me).

I am from México, and I use BBVA app (bank app) and the only problem is that tells me that my phone seems modified, but I can skip such message and continue normally. Only one app from a local Drugstore told me that could not work with my phone.

I use FB, WhatsApp, Google stuff and no problems. I like it very much and happy with the ROM. If you have a specific question, do not hesitate to ask.

Honestly, I like that it has not going to slow down like other phones over time. My wife's is slower than when it was new, and has all the official updates from Google (it is a Google One phone).

Alitab

Mar 20, 2021
Hi, latest update problems that i saw
1- screen rotate dosent work
2- during call status when you active speaker other side hear his voice its because second mic dosent work

dmncsmmrtn

Sep 14, 2019
Asus ZenFone 3

rainque

Aug 4, 2016
Hi guys! I've been searching the forums for all days and all the bootloader unlocking methods are old and official asus unlocker apk isn't working. If someone can help me unlocking the bootloader that would be great.

EDIT: My phone model is Zenfone Z552KL

dmncsmmrtn

Sep 14, 2019
Asus ZenFone 3
Ciao ragazzi! Ho cercato nei forum per tutti i giorni e tutti i metodi di sblocco del bootloader sono vecchi e l'apk ufficiale di Asus Unlocker non funziona. Se qualcuno mi può aiutare a sbloccare il bootloader sarebbe fantastico.

EDIT: il mio modello di telefono è Zenfone Z552KL

dmncsmmrtn

Sep 14, 2019
Asus ZenFone 3
This is an unofficial version that I found online. what do you think? I find it commendable to want to continue to push support for this smartphone, but is it to be trusted?
I flashed this version, but it is full of bugs

rainque

Aug 4, 2016

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls ,SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Media
    • Display
    • Sensors
    • Camera
    • Flashlight
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte
    • Encryption (FDE)
    • Enforcing SELinux status

Known issues:
    • ??

Prerequisites:
    • Unlocked bootloader
    • Oreo firmware

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 for zenfone3, ROM for the Asus ZenFone 3

Contributors
    makorn645, @shakalaca, @planet9
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked BL, Oreo firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-09-29
    Last Updated 2019-11-06
    Reserved

Screenshots
    13/10/2018
    Download: HERE
    Changelog: HERE
    Additional Notes:

Migrating data between OFFICIAL and UNOFFICIAL builds
    - Advised to be flashed before moving to an Official or Unofficial build.
    - Flashable Migration Zips can be found: HERE

Reporting Bugs
    - Any bugs caused by 3rd party applications, mods, other kernels are unsupported and will be ignored
    - Any bug reports that isn't from the latest build will be ignored

Opensource:
    - Device
    - Kernel
    - Prebuilt Binaries
    Build [15/07/2019]
    Downloads: HERE
    Changes:
    - July Security Patch
    - Merged latest caf tags for kernel and prima
    - Upstream lineage changes