[ROM][OFFICIAL][9.0]POTATO OPEN SAUCE PROJECT [POSP v2.3][WEEKLIES]

Search This thread

kush57

Sep 6, 2017
@kush57

Hi, thanks for this ROM.

1) Are there any build instructions available for it?
2) Can it be compiled with su baked in, i.e. "export WITH_SU=true" like LineageOS seems to?
If you're going to try build for yourself those would be unofficial builds so u might lose some official features . Except tht there's no specific instructions and nope there's no su support in official builds

stef204

Jul 22, 2017
If you're going to try build for yourself those would be unofficial builds so u might lose some official features . Except tht there's no specific instructions and nope there's no su support in official builds

Thanks for quick answer.
Any builds I would make from source code would obviously be unofficial., not a problem, I would not redistribute.
Re. root/su. the question is not can the official rom be built with "export WITH_SU=true" but can an unofficial build from source be built that way?
What "official features" would I lose? Is it not all the same source code?

stef204

Jul 22, 2017
Building from Source - local_,manifests.xml

@kush57

Hi,
I've downloaded the POSP source, following this.
Could you please provide guidance as to this step:
Code:
Define all relevant device repositories in .repo/local_manifests/local_manifests.xml
I've used this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="PotatoDevices/device_oneplus_onyx" path="device/oneplus/onyx" remote="github" />
  <project name="PotatoDevices/kernel_oneplus_onyx" path="kernel/oneplus/onyx" remote="github" />
  <project name="PotatoDevices/vendor_oneplus_onyx" path="vendor/oneplus/onyx" remote="github" />
</manifest>

Not sure if this is enough--and not sure about the vendor--I have already extracted the blobs from my device running LOS--but perhaps using the ones defined above is best?

Thanks, much appreciated.
PS If this is not the proper forum for advice for building from source for this device, please let me know which you prefer (I am not a Telegram user at the moment which is why sticking to this forum. I have now joined the Telegram channel.)

Last edited:

kush57

Sep 6, 2017
@kush57

Hi,
I've downloaded the POSP source, following this.
Could you please provide guidance as to this step:

I've used this:

Not sure if this is enough--and not sure about the vendor--I have already extracted the blobs from my device running LOS--but perhaps using the ones defined above is best?

Thanks, much appreciated.
PS If this is not the proper forum for advice for building from source for this device, please let me know which you prefer (I am not a Telegram user at the moment which is why sticking to this forum. I have now joined the Telegram channel.)
Local_manifest looks okay even if it fails roomservice will kick in and check the dependencies . If you need any help pm me . And using the pre defined blobs works if you want you can try yours too tht won't make much of a difference

Reactions: stef204

stef204

Jul 22, 2017
Local_manifest looks okay even if it fails roomservice will kick in and check the dependencies . If you need any help pm me . And using the pre defined blobs works if you want you can try yours too tht won't make much of a difference

For it to actually work, I had to modify the local_manifests.xml to:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="PotatoDevices/device_oneplus_onyx" path="device/oneplus/onyx" remote="github" revision="baked-release" />
  <project name="PotatoDevices/kernel_oneplus_onyx" path="kernel/oneplus/onyx" remote="github" revision="baked-release" />
  <project name="PotatoDevices/vendor_oneplus_onyx" path="vendor/oneplus/onyx" remote="github" revision="baked-release" />
</manifest>

i.e. add the revision (received that tip in the TG channel.)

Posting that for the sake or accuracy, for anyone which may read this thread (at least that's what worked for me.)
Also, while I had no trouble at all downloading the LOS source, for POSP I had to do this:

Code:
sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0
And use
Code:
repo sync -j1

Not sure if it's because I tried too many times and my IP got throttled by Google's servers at the time or something else. My connection was stable and very fast but still failed when using
Code:
-j8
until I used the above 2 "tricks", taken from here.

I also understand now that, unfortunately, the variable
Code:
WITH_SU=true
is NOT an AOSP implementation but an LOS one. So that seems to answer my previous question above in the thread.

I will end off on this "building from source issue" as this is the OFFICIAL thread and I do not want to digress and go off-topic. I will PM you to get some feedback/assistance if I have questions or hit a snag I cannot debug during build (will keep it very succinct.)

Thanks again. :good:

Reactions: kush57

kush57

Sep 6, 2017
For it to actually work, I had to modify the local_manifests.xml to:

i.e. add the revision (received that tip in the TG channel.)

Posting that for the sake or accuracy, for anyone which may read this thread (at least that's what worked for me.)
Also, while I had no trouble at all downloading the LOS source, for POSP I had to do this:

And use

Not sure if it's because I tried too many times and my IP got throttled by Google's servers at the time or something else. My connection was stable and very fast but still failed when using until I used the above 2 "tricks", taken from here.

I also understand now that, unfortunately, the variable is NOT an AOSP implementation but an LOS one. So that seems to answer my previous question above in the thread.

I will end off on this "building from source issue" as this is the OFFICIAL thread and I do not want to digress and go off-topic. I will PM you to get some feedback/assistance if I have questions or hit a snag I cannot debug during build (will keep it very succinct.)

Thanks again. :good:
That's a very rare case . I had never faced tht issue during repo sync. But still if it works for you then well & good ?. And yep for build issues PM . ?

kush57

Sep 6, 2017
Is anyone facing any errors in the latest build? Sorry for the delay
This thread will be updated soon

kush57

Sep 6, 2017
I want to have a poll how many of you guys want an enforcing build or is permissive okay for you guys?

Entry_Plug

Nov 12, 2017
Hi.

Am I the only one with camera issue ?
I've just installed the ROM (its perfect !). When I launch the camera app, I have the permission windows that pop. I accept the four permission and then black screen.
Now, when I want to launch the app, its crash with this popup : Unkown error.

Any idea to fix it ?

tmq_one

May 31, 2019
Moscow
Can someone also tell me how to fix google sounds? I tried to downgrade version to 2.0 and even 1.0 but i have apps arent installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FSduD1vj.jpg
    ABOUT ROM
    POSP IS BASED ON AOSP 9.0 PIE.
    ITS A LOVELY MIX POTATO ROM DISH WHICH SERVES THE BEST OF EVERY OTHER FEATURE WISHED FOR
    .​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is... still valid?
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Working :
    almost everything

Known Issues :
    You tell me ....
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FsbEj6cV.png
    Statusbar
    - Clock settings
    - Smart Clock
    - Battery icon customization
    - Roaming icon toggle
    - VoLTE icon toggle

Quick Settings
    - QS rows and columns customization
    - Quick QS pulldown
    - Bottom brightness slider toggle
    - Tile titles toggle

Themes
    - Saucy Pebbles - dyanamic accent preview and picker
    - Base theme changer
    - Wallpaper/Light/Dark switching
    - Black themes
    - Rounded corner customization
    - Corner padding customization

Buttons and Gestures
    - HW-key remapping (if applicable)
    - Navigation bar toggling
    - Gestures (Jump to camera, Swipe up on Home button, Lift to check phone, Prevent ringing)
    - Power menu customization (Restart button, Advanced restart options, Lockdown, Screenshot)
    - Volume key playback controls

Notifications
    - Heads up notification toggle
    - Peeking notification timeout
    - Snooze timer
    - Stoplist (disable heads up notifications in certain apps)
    - Blacklist (disable heads up notifications from certain apps)

Miscellaneous
    - Face auto unlock
    - In-call vibrations
    - Lawnchair Launcher
    - QuickStep/LawnStep
    - Dogbin error reporting
    - Ambient Play / Now Playing with history
    - Notification LED changes
    - Quick unlock (Security)
    - Pin scramble (Security)
    - Pattern grid sizes (Security)
    - CPU Info overlay (Developer Options)
    - More in the works

downloads :
    ROM :- https://mirror.potatoproject.co/onyx/weeklies/
    GAPPS:- https://opengapps.org/

XDA:DevDB Information
    POTATO OPEN SAUCE PROJECT, ROM for the OnePlus X

Contributors
    kush57, YumeMichi , Agent_fabulous
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-01-06

Created 2019-01-06
    Last Updated 2019-06-11
    CHANGELOG :-
    14/01/2019
    fixed slider control
    jan security patch

15/01/2019
    bluetooth fixed

20/01/2019
    added Always on display
    test perf mode for games

21/01/2019
    Green screen issue for lowlight imaging fixed

10/06/19
    - For every security freak out there, we merged the June security patch. Stay ?, stay safe!
    - We added new APNs, so now many people who couldn't connect to internet with their sims before now should be able to. Niiceeeee.
    - The old pixel animation on the navigation bar was hella bad, so we yeeted that out of the window and added a new one that is much better.
    - We fixed some layout issues on the QS detail, and also that black on black text on data and dnd detail screen should be gone now. Better late than never.
    - Now you can completely block data/internet usage from an app, dedicated to every privacy concerned peep out there <3.
    - Remember the old location tile? Me neither, because now it's much better! It has 3 modes: high precision, device only and low battery consumption. And ofc, disabled state too lol.
    - We fixed some aggressive battery issues (I don't really know which ones, but they are fixed now so).
    - New adjustments made to lockscreen clocks.
    • Every clock now tracks accent correctly, ayee!
    • The Q styled clock now animates on time change! I think I'll never leave the lockscreen just to admire that sweet animation uwu.
    • Now the owner info gets aligned with the q clock, for a coherent experience.
    - The oreo panel got some brand new improvements that make it feel like oreo free real estate:
    • We just brought back the old oreo layout, making the experience much better than before.
    • Now the panel is compatible with custom qs colors, make your panel look unique!
    • The notifications now take the entire screen, just like oreo, so you can always catch up with them.
    • Animations now play steady and ready, fast af. I can assure you that they are much better like this.
    • And last but not least, the network traffic indicator finally shows up on oreo panel, so you'll be always ready to catch up with the net usage.
    - Now the call blocking function should be much more efficient, we don't want any new promotion thanks.
    - And finally, you can now control music on the qs panel much better with a q styled seekbar allowing you to control the current minutes and seconds of the song playing. So you can catch up with your favourite part of the song!
    - The builds are now signed with release-keys, so you can be sure you only install platform packages signed by us!
    clean flash for this build if anyone wants to dirty flash then pm me for patch fix .
    Still waiting new update
    Major changes are in progress . No build was released for sometime but it will be out soon?
    In works, no eta :laugh: also posp for onyx has been added for official support , post will be updated soon
    Features addition are wip but sorry no eta . Its been a hectic schedule for me . Thanks for the patience