[ROM][OFFICIAL][A11] DerpFest OS for Redmi 6 Pro (Sakura)

fjunk

May 29, 2015
Another update pushed guys
Update date - 25 Jan 2021
Thanks for this great work. I am moving from havoc os to this rom.

So far I have two issues.
_ I can't activate Network mobile data. Network is recognized but not possible to get mobile data. I tried to manually create apn (I live in France, networks are orange and free). I think that this issue is not linked to this rom. I have same issue with another custom rom for Android 11. But it worked with previous havoc os versions...
_ memory encryption fails. When I start encryption it goes then to bootloop. I have to reinstall the ROM to boot again.

Regards and thanks again for your work!

yash_patil2k5

Mar 16, 2020
Ulhasnagar
Thanks for this great work. I am moving from havoc os to this rom.

So far I have two issues.
_ I can't activate Network mobile data. Network is recognized but not possible to get mobile data. I tried to manually create apn (I live in France, networks are orange and free). I think that this issue is not linked to this rom. I have same issue with another custom rom for Android 11. But it worked with previous havoc os versions...
_ memory encryption fails. When I start encryption it goes then to bootloop. I have to reinstall the ROM to boot again.

Regards and thanks again for your work!

About the network issue, can you send me the network provider? If yes then it will be great. I'm not sure why the data doesn't work. If you can give me logs(logcat using matlog or termux commands) too the it'll be awesome

Also encryption is in my priority to fix but I can't encrypt my phone right now because college stuffs so can't test it... Lets see if I can fix it in future. Till then staying decrypted is what we can do ;)

fjunk

May 29, 2015
About the network issue, can you send me the network provider? If yes then it will be great. I'm not sure why the data doesn't work. If you can give me logs(logcat using matlog or termux commands) too the it'll be awesome
Thanks for your answer. Attached you can find logs (using logcat) where I switch on/off the network.
Here is the link where the APN information

Tell me If I can send you more information.

Regards

yash_patil2k5

Mar 16, 2020
Ulhasnagar
Thanks for your answer. Attached you can find logs (using logcat) where I switch on/off the network.
Here is the link where the APN information

Tell me If I can send you more information.

Regards
I don't see the logcat, where is it? I think I'm turning blind🤣🤣🤣

yash_patil2k5

Mar 16, 2020
Ulhasnagar
My mistake, here is the file (don't know why,.txt files are not accepted)
Did u flash the latest version? Check DerpFest version in about phone > android version
11-Official-Alpha-sakura-20210124-0630
It should be this

You have a fpc fingerprint hal issue which will drain ur lots of battery and reduce perf. Tho it's fixed in the latest update

Reactions: Jaykothari67

Gourcuff14

Feb 19, 2018
DerpFest-11-Official-Alpha-sakura-20210124-0630

I'm getting a lot of shut down of applications if multitasking. I understand the device isn't a gaming machine however I do expect a little performance and a few operations at same time should be easy on this device no?

Also battery life shows a steady drop. I've had this device show no change in battery, idle state, on different ROM when not in use. There is some drain clearly visible by the rate the battery level drops.

I'm glad to end this with this ROM has not rebooted randomly or anything crazy so thank you for a steady ROM. The performance and stability is what open ROM building is so feedback I submit to you.

yash_patil2k5

Mar 16, 2020
Ulhasnagar
DerpFest-11-Official-Alpha-sakura-20210124-0630

I'm getting a lot of shut down of applications if multitasking. I understand the device isn't a gaming machine however I do expect a little performance and a few operations at same time should be easy on this device no?

Also battery life shows a steady drop. I've had this device show no change in battery, idle state, on different ROM when not in use. There is some drain clearly visible by the rate the battery level drops.

I'm glad to end this with this ROM has not rebooted randomly or anything crazy so thank you for a steady ROM. The performance and stability is what open ROM building is so feedback I submit to you.
The battery backup and the multitasking issues you talking about is due to kernel. I use revvz kernel for derpfest and the thing is, newer version of this kernel is great in battery life and multitasking but has some wierd bugs. The version included by default has less bugs but is a little bit behind in battery backup and ram management. I dont think its that bad tho, works fine here and works fine for most of the peeps. Lets see how future updates of revvz kernel goes, if it's fine then I'll implement it or else in future I'll have to switch kernel. Lets see how it goes

Gourcuff14

Feb 19, 2018
The battery backup and the multitasking issues you talking about is due to kernel. I use revvz kernel for derpfest and the thing is, newer version of this kernel is great in battery life and multitasking but has some wierd bugs. The version included by default has less bugs but is a little bit behind in battery backup and ram management. I dont think its that bad tho, works fine here and works fine for most of the peeps. Lets see how future updates of revvz kernel goes, if it's fine then I'll implement it or else in future I'll have to switch kernel. Lets see how it goes
Thank you I was going to look for background interference. I loaded beta 10.B / 4.9.250 from t.me/RevvzChannel that has a notice that future updates will be limited. I will report back in some days re: kernel 10.B / 4.9.250

Edit: I had to go back to the build kernel. The system become very jerky. No test.

Last edited:

yash_patil2k5

Mar 16, 2020
Ulhasnagar
Thank you I was going to look for background interference. I loaded beta 10.B / 4.9.250 from t.me/RevvzChannel that has a notice that future updates will be limited. I will report back in some days re: kernel 10.B / 4.9.250

Edit: I had to go back to the build kernel. The system become very jerky. No test.
You are there in https://t.me/derpsakura ? It's official derpfest redmi 6 pro support group. Lets talk further over there

brontic

Mar 20, 2019
I installed this mod yesterday, thanks to the authors for a great job! I have remarks on the work of the AOD: for some reason, turning on the AOD by a wave of the hand does not work, and if the phone is not touched for a long time, then the clock on the AOD lags behind, can this be corrected? And yet I could not find in the settings how to hide the cutout at the top of the screen.

yash_patil2k5

Mar 16, 2020
Ulhasnagar
I installed this mod yesterday, thanks to the authors for a great job! I have remarks on the work of the AOD: for some reason, turning on the AOD by a wave of the hand does not work, and if the phone is not touched for a long time, then the clock on the AOD lags behind, can this be corrected? And yet I could not find in the settings how to hide the cutout at the top of the screen.
The aod hand wake gesture uses proximity sensor so make sure to hover your hand over the proximity sensor. Also in enable that from Settings > Display > Lockscreen > Advanced Settings

And the notch hide feature isn't added yet in android 11. Let's hope it comes in future... :)

Reactions: brontic

yash_patil2k5

Mar 16, 2020
Ulhasnagar
Alright guys, another update is pushed :)
Download links and changelogs are updated

Those who are on last update can update via updater in Settings > System > DerpFest Updater :)

Do update and let me now how is the update
Thanks for your love and support
❤

ppogra

Sep 9, 2014
Indore
Alright guys, another update is pushed :)
Download links and changelogs are updated

Those who are on last update can update via updater in Settings > System > DerpFest Updater :)

Do update and let me now how is the update
Thanks for your love and support
❤
Thanks for the nice rom and it looks promising.
I have installed the latest update and now some of my apps are unusable and showing warnings as the device is rooted and the app store also showing that `device is not certified ` under settings. However it didn't happen with the last update, it was working fine before this update. I updated using Settings > System > DerpFest Updater. Please help. Thanks.