• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][A11] dotOS 5.1 [Vanilla/GApps]

Search This thread

Kat Jillianne

Sep 18, 2020
Hi,
Having issues with Nusantara ROM, I decided to test this ROM also (Vanilla flavour).
Below is a personal feedback of the things I tested, liked or not, and/or in comparison with the other ROM
- (personal opinion) I do not like the way customization menu is : that is good looking but not efficient (time to read the items), time to pick the desired setting, some settings missing vs other ROMs (date format), etc
- quick tiles : less tiles available (sync, etc)

- Afwall+ works fine (does not with Nusantara)
- the scrolling (refresh set to 120Hz) in the menus is sometimes saccaded
- delay for screen wake up (did find the "prevent accidental wake up" setting which is causing the delay on the other rom)
- as on Nusantara : cannot allow Google Play services to access SMS & Call log : probably an issue from the AOSP ?

As a quick sumary I would tell there is less issues with this ROM than with the Nusantara at this time, but the look & feel does not suit me.
I am going to test other ROMs too.
My goal in giving this feedback is to be constructive, I hope you will take it this way. :)
On some rom including dotos, "prevent accidental wake up" is called "pocket mode".

Last edited:
Reactions: wiz.wiz

kir64

Jun 16, 2021
Hi! The dotOS rom is very smooth and beautiful! Thanks for building and maintaining it!
The rom is fast and great for daily use, but still have some bugs. One of the problem I met is the 1 second delay when unlocking the phone with fingerprint, which have been mentioned by others in the thread. The other problem is NFC. When I put my card on the back of the phone, it won't be detected, and the NFC toggle in settings will keep switching on and off.

wiz.wiz

Oct 29, 2013
Toulouse
www.tournoidesdieux.fr
Hi! The dotOS rom is very smooth and beautiful! Thanks for building and maintaining it!
The rom is fast and great for daily use, but still have some bugs. One of the problem I met is the 1 second delay when unlocking the phone with fingerprint, which have been mentioned by others in the thread. The other problem is NFC. When I put my card on the back of the phone, it won't be detected, and the NFC toggle in settings will keep switching on and off.
Try to switch off "pocket mode" as mentionned by @Kat Jillianne above for the wake up delay :)

wiz.wiz

Oct 29, 2013
Toulouse
www.tournoidesdieux.fr
Thanks. Haven't switched back to dot yet. Does switching it off fix the delay?
I did not test it on this ROM, I am testing other ROMs which hopefully better suit my needs and tastes.
On the 2 other ROMs I tested this, yes, it fixed the delay.
But then depending on your usage, you might encounter the "pocket effect" : caling people or writing messages while the phone is in your pocket... Then you need to lock the screen to avoid that, and you will have a higher battery drain because of the screen turning on all the time.

Kat Jillianne

Sep 18, 2020
I did not test it on this ROM, I am testing other ROMs which ho (pefully better suit my needs and tastes.
But then depending on your usage, you might encounter the "pocket effect" : caling people or writing messages while the phone is in your pocket... Then you need to lock the screen to avoid that, and you will have a higher battery drain because of the screen turning on all the time.
I've been sticking with this rom for almost a week and I can tell y'all this: I turned pocket mode off, dt2w/fingerprint seem more responsive, but the delay is still there (i can feel the vibration cue from a successful fingerprint scan, but it still take roughly 1 second before the screen actually turn on from "off state"). So far it never once wake up on its own in my pocket, and battery last longer than stock miui.

Last edited:

danieleal

Aug 6, 2014
Excellent ROM! Congratulations!

The only downsight I found so far is fast charging not working, now it takes 4 hours to fully charge the battery from 1% to 100%. Is there a way to fix it? I tested different cables and adapters but the issue persists, I measured the charging output and it stated 14W max... If you can fix this it will be the best ROM for the Mi 10T.

Thanks again in advance!

dverbrugge

Feb 18, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I did not test it on this ROM, I am testing other ROMs which hopefully better suit my needs and tastes.
Hi wiz.wiz, I'd be very interested in a short review/comparison of the ROMs you tried.
I've tried PE+ which worked almost perfectly for me, but it is no longer maintained.
I switched to ArrowOS, which has a few little bugs, but is good enough for daily.
DotOS looks good, but I don't want to format my phone right now...

wiz.wiz

Oct 29, 2013
Toulouse
www.tournoidesdieux.fr
Hi,
I initially went for Nusantara ROM because "on paper" it semt the closest to my needs and taste.
Testing that ROM I have several "blocker" issues and decided to test other ROMs (I excluded the ones having GAPPS embedded)
Hi, basically I wrote my feedback on the threads of the ROMs I tested:
- Nusantara : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...0-11-06-2021-android-11.4250491/post-85173831 and https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...0-11-06-2021-android-11.4250491/post-85184275
- dosOS : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-a11-dotos-5-1-vanilla-gapps.4262103/post-85186041
-Descendant : I flashed it, started it but did not keep track : probably same issues as the ones above, plus no better UI (regarding my preferences), or maybe gapps included
- Arrows OS : I flashed it, started it but did not keep track : probably same issues as the ones above, plus no better UI (regarding my preferences), or maybe gapps included
-CrDroid : tested it yesterday and kept it, works fine and fills my expectations. Details here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...crdroid-v7-6-31-05-2021.4284377/post-85195989
Edit : switching from a ROM to another one was ok with a cache/data wiping, and keeping internal storage as is. Except with CrDroid where I lost all internal Storage.

Last edited:

magicsword123

May 29, 2010
bug report: could not update the latest rom through system update.
the message showed the update can not be installed based on this build. no idea why?

Attachments

• _20210718103943.jpg
    _20210718103943.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 38
Dear Dev ,
I found out this Rom very nice and fully functional and customizations features.

But i found out maybe a bug that i couldnt wake my screen up after a calls or listening whatsapp voice chat , until i lock and unlock screen. Mean i cant touch anything in the middle of the calls ..
Any solutions ? Thanks in advance ..

Hi,
I initially went for Nusantara ROM because "on paper" it semt the closest to my needs and taste.
Testing that ROM I have several "blocker" issues and decided to test other ROMs (I excluded the ones having GAPPS embedded)
Hi, basically I wrote my feedback on the threads of the ROMs I tested:
- Nusantara : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...0-11-06-2021-android-11.4250491/post-85173831 and https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...0-11-06-2021-android-11.4250491/post-85184275
- dosOS : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-a11-dotos-5-1-vanilla-gapps.4262103/post-85186041
-Descendant : I flashed it, started it but did not keep track : probably same issues as the ones above, plus no better UI (regarding my preferences), or maybe gapps included
- Arrows OS : I flashed it, started it but did not keep track : probably same issues as the ones above, plus no better UI (regarding my preferences), or maybe gapps included
-CrDroid : tested it yesterday and kept it, works fine and fills my expectations. Details here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...crdroid-v7-6-31-05-2021.4284377/post-85195989
Edit : switching from a ROM to another one was ok with a cache/data wiping, and keeping internal storage as is. Except with CrDroid where I lost all internal Storage.
That's because you did a dirty flash 😂 when you don't format your Device you run the risk lol that's why they say make a backup... Don't dirty flash it's just laziness

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dotOS-5-githubBanner.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.1

Device: apollo

Maintainer: ejbtrd

Build Status: Official

banner_discl.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH :

Download the latest build

Reboot to recovery

Flash the latest build

Flash latest global firmware

Format data

Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :

Download the latest build

Reboot to recovery

Flash the latest build

Wipe cache and dalvik

Reboot

banner_downlods.png

Latest build

Latest Global firmware

banner_features.png

Code:
    New and refreshed UI

New Customization app (previous named as DotExtras)

Accent Overlay & RGB Picker

Edge Lightning

Battery Styles

Battery Percentage Styles

Clock Customization

Traffic Indicator

Battery Light Customizations

QS Tiles title toggle

QS Tiles style toggle (AOSP & accent)

QS Rows & Columns Customization

New FOD Icon & Animation picker with previews

FOD recognition color picker

Screen-Off FOD

Automatically temporary disable night light while using FOD (toggle)

New Theme Manager

Overlays based Accent Picker

Material Palette Accent Picker

Smart Accent Picker (find automatically proper shade of accent for the other theme; if you apply custom accent for dark theme, press Smart Accent Picker and it will find a good shade to use for light theme and vice-versa)

Fonts, Icon Packs and Icon Shapes picker

Other Extra Features

Hold power to torch

Double tap on statusbar and lockscreen to sleep

Double tap while sleeping to open doze (ambient display)

Quick Screenshot (3 fingers gesture)

Volume Panel position switch (right or left)

Navigation bar pill size customization (hide, stock, medium, large)

Pocket Mode - avoid scree touches while the phone is in your pocket

Use Biometrics on first boot (unavailable for encrypted users)

Lockscreen Media toggle

Built-in Launcher Grid control

MicroG support

banner_credits.png

• DotOS team
    • AOSP
    • Pixel Experience
    • Dirty Unicorns
    • And all other open source Devs/Teams

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer

Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator

Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Shreehari Vaasistha L - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:

Aswin
    - Graphics Designer

ShreeJoy - Web Backend Developer

Manish Bajpai - Web Frontend Developer[/SIZE]

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

like my wok? gift some donuts with black coffee

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

telegram.png

dotOS Telegram Group

dotOS Telegram Channel

Support group

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

XDA DevDB Information

dotOS, ROM for *apollo*

Contributors: ejbtrd

Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

Kernel Source: https://github.com/dotOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_sm8250

ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

ROM Kernel: *4.X*

ROM Firmware Required: Latest Global

Based On: AOSP

Version Information

*Stable*

Current Stable Version: v5.1

Stable Release Date: 27-05-2021​
    Update: 27/05/2021
    Rom changelog:
    - 5.1 update! Check out https://changelogs.droidontime.com/

Device changelog:
    - Initial public OFFICIAL build
    - OSS kernel
    - OSS vendor

Update: 12/04/2021
    Device changelog:
    - Initial unofficial build
    - Prebuilt kernel
    - OSS vendor
    Great job!!!
    THX!
    hey, i tried to flash the rom, but sadly it just stucks on the boot animation...

im on a freshly unlocked and twrp installed mi 10t.
    format data after flash
    Planning on porting the new 5.1 version?
    Screenshot_2021-05-28-09-20-30-178_com.android.chrome.jpg

Bro Official Build Has Been Released Check Their Website!