Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][A12.1] Descendant [06/22]

Search This thread

Ayrton990

Oct 20, 2012
Celaya, Guanajuato
Header.png

Descendant is a customised Android ROM that focuses on enhancing UX and UI
over stock Android along useful features.

Downloads

Head to the download page.

Sources

Github

Guide.png

Same as any ROM.
Do the necessary wipes and flash the ROM.
No wipes are needed between updates from Descendant itself, unless specified.

Features.png

Listing all the additions would be a huge wall of text, that you wouldn't even read.
So, head over the Telegram group and feel free to lurk.

Preloaded applications
Google Apps are included.

Bugs.png

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct

Android OS version: 12.0.0_r21
Security patch level: June 2022

icantlogin

Aug 23, 2017
Listing all the additions would be a huge wall of text, that you wouldn't even read.
I would, actually, so that I could get an idea of what your ROM offers. Instead you link to some Telegram group. If I install Telegram, create an account there and join your channel can I find out? Why not tell us here, or on your website? All your website tells me is that you aim to revolutionize the AOSP experience; big words, what do they even mean? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but your post genuinely confuses me. I'm interested to know what Descendant is, and why I should pick it over e.g. dotOS or PixelExperience, but even your website doesn't really tell me anything. Or is it the screenshots, do they show off what's unique about Descendant? As I've never used stock Android 12 before, I'm afraid I can't tell; it all looks different from Android 11 anyway.

Ayrton990

Oct 20, 2012
Celaya, Guanajuato
I would, actually, so that I could get an idea of what your ROM offers. Instead you link to some Telegram group. If I install Telegram, create an account there and join your channel can I find out? Why not tell us here, or on your website? All your website tells me is that you aim to revolutionize the AOSP experience; big words, what do they even mean? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but your post genuinely confuses me. I'm interested to know what Descendant is, and why I should pick it over e.g. dotOS or PixelExperience, but even your website doesn't really tell me anything. Or is it the screenshots, do they show off what's unique about Descendant? As I've never used stock Android 12 before, I'm afraid I can't tell; it all looks different from Android 11 anyway.
The screenshots tells you what are the goodies of Descendant

sutysut

Mar 14, 2010
Poland
I need to flash vendor_boot file first? Or I can skip that and start by flashing recovery?
I'm on PE 12 right now so I assume than I need to flash stock MIUI first. Version 12.5.7.0 eu or different?

GreenParr0t

Oct 11, 2017
Nice to have a dedicated rom! Anyone have some initial experience with the battery backup?

maralvar71

Sep 25, 2018
Any AOSP recovery should do the job, secondly root is not officially supported but works just fine
Would you care to expand? I tried flashing your recovery via fastboot and my phone (renoir) entered a bootloop until it was put in download/fastboot mode using the power+vol down combination. Then I went back to xiaomi.eu (miui 13)

If I use the recovery from, say, pixel experience or dot os roms, will I be able to flash your rom using adb sideload?
Or what is the right process??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

Descendant is a customised Android ROM that focuses on enhancing UX and UI
    over stock Android along useful features.

Downloads

Head to the download page.

Sources

Github

Guide.png

Same as any ROM.
    Do the necessary wipes and flash the ROM.
    No wipes are needed between updates from Descendant itself, unless specified.

Features.png

So, head over the Telegram group and feel free to lurk.

Preloaded applications
    Google Apps are included.

Bugs.png

Having a bug or not booting for whatever reason?
    Look for "How to report bugs" on this post.
    Bug reports without logs will be ignored.

Credits.png

@phhusson | @Letzen | @krule031 | @ezio84 | @linuxct

Android OS version: 12.0.0_r21
    Security patch level: June 2022
    Update is coming up in the next days, stay tuned ;) fixes and improvements device side are coming too.
    Update is coming up in the next days, stay tuned ;) fixes and improvements device side are coming too.
    Is quantic include in the build???