Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth][13] LineageOS 20 for POCO F3/Mi 11X/Redmi K40

Search This thread

Smultie

Apr 13, 2006
Just experienced a reboot out of nowhere. After that, the sim card wasn't detected and I had to do a reboot again to get my sim cards back. My launcher (ADW2) wasn't default anymore and all my icons (in ADW2) seemed to be reset.

Just mentioning it here, maybe it happens to more people. I hope this was the first and last time it did.
Yup. Had one too. Was road cycling with my phone in my backpocket. Was surprised my Bluetooth (podcast) stopped all of a sudden. Turned out to be a random reboot.

Was warm/sunny

m-snel

Nov 19, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have the same problem with the fingerprintscanner.

Installed completely new: boot, vendor boot, LOS20 for Poco F3 global, Mind the GAPPS for android 13 (and just to be sure also copy partitions). Everything works and a fingertprint scan is made (and stored) only to be empty (erased) after a reboot. Reinstalled several times but every time the same problem.

It seems the Trusted Execution Environment is reset after a reboot or something.

Reactions: Lex_Michdeandroid

CHGICEMAN

May 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
I don't understand why everyone installs the individual files separately. Take the "LineageOS install package" as written in the instructions and install it. Then the firmware beforehand. Gapps and done. That's how I did it without deleting anything beforehand and it also works with the fingerprint.

m-snel

Nov 19, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have the same problem with the fingerprintscanner.

Installed completely new: boot, vendor boot, LOS20 for Poco F3 global, Mind the GAPPS for android 13 (and just to be sure also copy partitions). Everything works and a fingertprint scan is made (and stored) only to be empty (erased) after a reboot. Reinstalled several times but every time the same problem.

It seems the Trusted Execution Environment is reset after a reboot or something.
As test now installed boot 19.1, vendor boot 19.1, LOS19.1 for Poco F3 global, Mind the GAPPS for android 12 and now the fingerprint gets stored and remains after reboot.

I don't understand why everyone installs the individual files separately. Take the "LineageOS install package" as written in the instructions and install it. Then the firmware beforehand. Gapps and done. That's how I did it without deleting anything beforehand and it also works with the fingerprint.
Wil do that now and report my findings.

m-snel

Nov 19, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
Why so complicated? Everything is included in the package.;)
Don't know. Always starting clean (with placing back the backup from Google drive once a year with a new version and then do all these steps https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install/variant1 including factory reset). I have 2 Poco F3's available (always good to have a backup if one gets stolen, or I dive into the water with it or something) and switch them every year (that's why I can now test without any problems because my other phone still on 19.1 is still my main).

But just had 19.1 on the device everything worked great fingerprint wise. Now did only adb sideload LOS20.zip and Gapps13.zip, factory reset and setup fingerprint which will work untill reboot then no fingerprints are stored anymore.

Last edited:

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
@G A S T
Coming from LineageOS 19 following this instructions, on my Poco F3 Global, I got baseband version 2.5.c1-gl-21664.2-0301_1533_eeada84be8.
Thank you for your confirmation. That looks good. I have TKHEUXM and my baseband is now
2.5.c1-gl-21664.2-0301_1352_eeada84be8.
So everything should have worked fine for both of us.

@CHGICEMAN:
You're right. Therefore I recommend:
0. flash latest vendor_boot.img as very first (only optionally)
1. adb sideload FW.zip
2. adb sideload LOS.zip
3. adb sideload MTG.zip

Have fun with the upgraded LOS 20-Device.

Reactions: CHGICEMAN

Lex_Michdeandroid

Dec 3, 2011
Asus Transformer TF300T
OnePlus 9
I followed the instructions in the wiki. Why isn't the better method in the wiki then?

Lex_Michdeandroid

Dec 3, 2011
Asus Transformer TF300T
OnePlus 9
Yup. Had one too. Was road cycling with my phone in my backpocket. Was surprised my Bluetooth (podcast) stopped all of a sudden. Turned out to be a random reboot.

Was warm/sunny
I was on the couch, normal temperatures. Had the YouTube app on screen and it was playing a preview (the one you get when scrolling through the subscriptions).

-edit- Are you guys using something to replace the missing notification led?

Last edited:

CHGICEMAN

May 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
I followed the instructions in the wiki. Why isn't the better method in the wiki then?
Where does it say that you have to install everything individually?

If you want a completely fresh installation, then you can proceed as it says here. But only necessary if you are coming from a ROM other than LOS in my opinion.

CHGICEMAN

May 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Don't know. Always starting clean (with placing back the backup from Google drive once a year with a new version and then do all these steps https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install/variant1 including factory reset). I have 2 Poco F3's available (always good to have a backup if one gets stolen, or I dive into the water with it or something) and switch them every year (that's why I can now test without any problems because my other phone still on 19.1 is still my main).

But just had 19.1 on the device everything worked great fingerprint wise. Now did only adb sideload LOS20.zip and Gapps13.zip, factory reset and setup fingerprint which will work untill reboot then no fingerprints are stored anymore.
If you want to do a clean install, do the post-upgrade method and then do a factory reset. Also much easier.

Reactions: G A S T

Lex_Michdeandroid

Dec 3, 2011
Asus Transformer TF300T
OnePlus 9
Where does it say that you have to install everything individually?

If you want a completely fresh installation, then you can proceed as it says here. But only necessary if you are coming from a ROM other than LOS in my opinion.
I think we're not on the same frequency. I just followed orders on that website. I followed them exactly. Still had fingerprint problems. I came from the latest OFW MIUI 14.

lotan_rm

The hardware may be similar, but munch requires a different kernel.
The way I understand it, I'd eventually use
instead of
To me they seem similar enough to try it out.
Granted: The exact configuration would be more ideal.

Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
The way I understand it, I'd eventually use
instead of
To me they seem similar enough to try it out.
Granted: The exact configuration would be more ideal.
As long as you have the right kernel and kernel drivers, everything else should be okay.

Reactions: duttyend

Top Liked Posts