• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Archantiumm

Jun 20, 2021
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
Ok now the folluwup:
Edit3: The stuff she mentioned was just a user error, its not that bad....

The only real problem is the call issue that the first one does not really ring.......

I just noticed, I never thanked you for your work (Sahil_Sonar), I added the followup, it was misinformation from my grandma. I tested it a few hours today and I did not even experience the double tap thing...

Keep up your good work and thanks for maintaining this rom on the Poco F3

The only real problem is that it does not register the first incoming call (it directly goes to mailbox), only the second one rings if the phone was in standby a bit longer

Edit:
Also I just noticed something else. On my poco f1 (I also have that) and mi note 10 pro, I can open the "app drawler/all applications" menu by swiping from outside of the bottom display area just upwards and it opens. On the Poco F3 it does not work by some reason... I must swipe from within the display area, what is quite an usability fail or for me a muscle memory fail xD.

Edit:
It looks like the poco f3 interprets the swipe up like a scroll up event. On the poco and mi note 10 pro it has the following reactions:
when I swipe up quickly it just opens the all apps menu and if I go a bit slower it still pulls up but also shows the app switcher in the background which either opens (when I just remove my finger) or will be overwritten with the app drawler if I continue to swipe up

Last edited:

peter_betos

Sep 20, 2010
Makati City
Xiaomi Poco F3
My Poco F3 restarts once in a while when it's in my pocket for no reason. It never does that when I have it on my desk. Does anyone else have the same problem?
The issue is relevant to this crash

Screenshot_20210827-045411_Crash_Log_Viewer.png

i think it's due to LiveDisplay attempting to do things even when the phone is on standby?

Screenshot_20210827-052148_Crash_Log_Viewer.png

Is someone able to address this issue?

Last edited:

metalspider

Jun 24, 2015
im having an issue with mobile data when i leave home and the phone loses connection to my wifi.
mobile data will only start working properly if i toggle airplane mode on and then off,it wont switch automatically for some reason.

thelegendaryharold

Aug 26, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3

peter_betos

Sep 20, 2010
Makati City
Xiaomi Poco F3
The issue is relevant to this crash

View attachment 5394497

i think it's due to LiveDisplay attempting to do things even when the phone is on standby?

View attachment 5394501

Is someone able to address this issue?

Good to know thanks! Hopefully it’s addressed soon. It restarted 3 times in a period of 6 hours while it’s in my pocket yesterday. Weirdly it rarely restarts out of my pocket.
I have a workaround though:

"The crash is an occasional occurence though, especially if you didn't set anything on LiveDisplay i.e. using defaults. What I do to mitigate is make a fake adjustment on Live Display's color calibration of blue, for example, to 75% then back to 100%. So that preferences remember my setting."

Reactions: thelegendaryharold

CHGICEMAN

To the developers:
Here is another logcat. The call came at 7:28 a.m. I didn't hear any again. Only after I switched the loudspeaker on and off in the dialer app did I hear the caller.
@Sahil_Sonar
could you please have a look at this. No matter which dialer I use, I cannot answer or make calls. I have to hang up and call back.

@All strange that no longer report this problem? Doesn't any of you have this problem?

Reactions: Paffi

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
@Sahil_Sonar
could you please have a look at this. No matter which dialer I use, I cannot answer or make calls. I have to hang up and call back.

@All strange that no longer report this problem? Doesn't any of you have this problem?
Make a full backup.
go to lineage recovery and do a factory reset

I had this issue and reset was the only way that it fixed it for me.

cvriends

Jan 27, 2015
Hi all, love the ROM so far! However, I have one annoying issue. The Galaxy Wearable app isn't able to connect to my Galaxy Watch anymore, after the whole process of adding a watch it goes back to the beginning (i.e. scanning for devices to add) and loses connection to the watch that I wanted to add (it works like a charm on my half broken S9). I've done everything I think I reasonably could've done (except factory reset of LOS):
  1. Rebooted phone as well as the watch
  2. Removed cache from Galaxy Wearable and associated plugins
  3. Reinstalled Galaxy Wearable and associated plugin
  4. Tried different versions of APKs
Does anyone experience the same issues (it is a very specific combination) or has perhaps a suggestion to fix it?

LineageOS version: lineage_alioth-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210805.001.A1 47ba394d43 LineageOS Download URL: Official Gapps version: Android 11.0 Nano (do not have more detailed info) wipe: No restore with titanium backup: No reboot after having the issue: Yes a task killer: No a non-stock kernel: No other modifications: No

Last edited:

RaptorITA

Feb 27, 2015
Hello,

i need help with OTA update.

Weeks ago I installed the lineage-18.1-20210807 version following the official guide. After reboot i installed Nebrassy's latest TWRP version and the Magisk v23.0 from TWRP (renamed the .apk to .zip and flashed it).

Everything worked fine until today when I tried to update LOS to version lineage-18.1-20210828, using the OTA updater, following these steps:

1) Downloaded the update
2) Installed the update (not rebooted)
3) Installed the magisk module "TWRP A/B Retention Script" (using magisk manager)
4) Installed magisk root on the inactive slot (using magisk manager)
5) Rebooted

During the reboot the phone was stuck in a bootloop on the POCO logo. I tried to boot into recovery but the POCO logo kept popping out, only boot in fastboot worked. In fastboot i changed the active partion back to A (the one active before the OTA) and fortunately the phone booted and is working fine with the old version lineage-18.1-20210807.

What did i do wrong?

I would like to update LOS to the latest version, keeping both TWRP and Root at the end of it. What is the correct procedure?

Thanks in advance

metalspider

Jun 24, 2015
Hello,

i need help with OTA update.

Weeks ago I installed the lineage-18.1-20210807 version following the official guide. After reboot i installed Nebrassy's latest TWRP version and the Magisk v23.0 from TWRP (renamed the .apk to .zip and flashed it).

Everything worked fine until today when I tried to update LOS to version lineage-18.1-20210828, using the OTA updater, following these steps:

1) Downloaded the update
2) Installed the update (not rebooted)
3) Installed the magisk module "TWRP A/B Retention Script" (using magisk manager)
4) Installed magisk root on the inactive slot (using magisk manager)
5) Rebooted

During the reboot the phone was stuck in a bootloop on the POCO logo. I tried to boot into recovery but the POCO logo kept popping out, only boot in fastboot worked. In fastboot i changed the active partion back to A (the one active before the OTA) and fortunately the phone booted and is working fine with the old version lineage-18.1-20210807.

What did i do wrong?

I would like to update LOS to the latest version, keeping both TWRP and Root at the end of it. What is the correct procedure?

Thanks in advance
ota afaik only works well if you keep the LOS recovery.if you want twrp you should update manually from twrp.

CHGICEMAN

To the developers:
Here is another logcat. The call came at 7:28 a.m. I didn't hear any again. Only after I switched the loudspeaker on and off in the dialer app did I hear the caller.
The problem that you cannot hear the caller when I pick up has not yet been resolved either.

Otherwise it works perfectly for me except for this little thing. Thanks to the great developers.

lovesetcpu

Feb 5, 2011
Flashed latest LineageOS Recovery + Lineage.

=> Wasnt able to flash open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210902.zip cus insufficient space "bug"

Flashed TWRP-3.5.1

=> Was able to flash open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210902.zip
=> Flashed Magisk-23 resulted in system beeing unbootable and recovery bootloop

So... how would be the proper way of installing Magisk? Cus I need Magisk Hide for my banking app which refuses to run on LOS.

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Flashed latest LineageOS Recovery + Lineage.

=> Wasnt able to flash open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210902.zip cus insufficient space "bug"

Flashed TWRP-3.5.1

=> Was able to flash open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210902.zip
=> Flashed Magisk-23 resulted in system beeing unbootable and recovery bootloop

So... how would be the proper way of installing Magisk? Cus I need Magisk Hide for my banking app which refuses to run on LOS.
Maybe you flashed magisk straight after flashing gapps before even booting system and letting it setup correctly? It would prolly bootloop in that case , other than that idk

Reactions: lovesetcpu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From next builds onwards this firmware will be needed:

Indian (aliothin):

Global (alioth):

China (alioth):

Sideload from recovery and enjoy!
    Thanks for the rom.

It came from another rom (crDroid) that had the same problem that I have encountered in LineageOS.

If I have a normal telephone, with sound and I receive an incoming call, when I pick up the call I do not hear the person who is calling me. She does to me, but I to her not. I have to activate the speaker of the phone and then if I hear that person and if I then return to normal sound mode, I can already hear him.

And as a curiosity, if I have the mobile in silent mode and I receive a call, then there is no problem and I can hear the other person calling me without problems.

Can you tell me if you have encountered this problem, how have you solved it?

Thanks.
    You're right. As soon as you have the phone on mute, everything works as it should. Good hint. I'll include that in the bug report.
    @CHGICEMAN & @metalspider
    I have this problem too... I use HavocOS Vanilla (all versions: 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.8 since April)... I'm trying to find a reason for that, unfortunately without success yet... Do you have any GApps installed?
    Yes. I have installed GApps pico.

Bug Report https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3982
    It's a little bit both. I far as I can understand form Xiaomi's perspective "firmware" contains everything from the low level hardware drivers to operating system and launcher sitting on top that. So, we can only guess why version12.5.4 is now required.
    Firmware must match with binaries in the custom rom (we update binaries when xiaomi releases new builds). If you don't update, you might encounter bugs, or maybe bootloop in some cases. I have only seen audio specific issues in alioth when firmware is outdated.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me ;)
    Instructions :
    Check #2 post before installation

Downloads
    :

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    Kernel Source :

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely it that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download URL:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Credits :

althafvly

SebaUbuntu

Important notes:

• * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI 12.5.3.0 builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    THREAD LOCKED

@Sahil_Sonar Please PM me when the build is available for download and I'll be happy to unlock this thread for you. Placeholder threads aren't permitted.

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator

EDIT: Thread re-opened.