• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

metalspider

Jun 24, 2015
@CHGICEMAN & @metalspider
I have this problem too... I use HavocOS Vanilla (all versions: 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.8 since April)... I'm trying to find a reason for that, unfortunately without success yet... Do you have any GApps installed?
i flashed the smallest open gapps package because of partition size issues and installed other gapps i use after the rom booted.i also have magisk installed.

esszett

Jan 20, 2019
Sony Xperia Ion
Lenovo Zuk Z1
i flashed the smallest open gapps package because of partition size issues and installed other gapps i use after the rom booted.i also have magisk installed.
So not having GApps installed couldn't be the reason... Thanks for clarifying!

(the reason I asked that was because most users probably have GApps installed, but only a few users seem to have this calling problem - I am looking for similarities between these systems)

CHGICEMAN

Calamaros

Apr 10, 2021
Thanks for the rom.

It came from another rom (crDroid) that had the same problem that I have encountered in LineageOS.

If I have a normal telephone, with sound and I receive an incoming call, when I pick up the call I do not hear the person who is calling me. She does to me, but I to her not. I have to activate the speaker of the phone and then if I hear that person and if I then return to normal sound mode, I can already hear him.

And as a curiosity, if I have the mobile in silent mode and I receive a call, then there is no problem and I can hear the other person calling me without problems.

Can you tell me if you have encountered this problem, how have you solved it?

Thanks.

metalspider

Jun 24, 2015
seems to work,i put my phone on vibrate mode and had a friend call me and everything worked fine.no need to turn speaker mode on and off to hear him.
very strange.

added another logcat in bug report comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGICEMAN

Exahope

Dec 5, 2010
Thanks for this great rom. Tough it still lacks some features like network speed indicator, it's still a good rom. Hope you introduce more features next updates.

My remarks:
  • I've noticed that touch sensitivity is kinda high you may want to tweak that a bit.
  • Some times I can't hear the other side when I receive a call. Noticed this happens when a headphone is used. Not sure what causes this.
Thanks for the great work!

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017
Does anyone able to setup and pay with Google Pay using NFC capabilities of the device ? Is it require to sign into Google account? I mean can we pay using NFC without Google account?

tmbaoloc

Jun 29, 2020
I cannot use headphone mic via USB-C headphone adapter included in the box. I haven't tested this in stock miui. Does anyone have the same problem?

Sahil_Sonar

Aug 29, 2018
Thane
Xiaomi Poco F3
From next builds onwards this firmware will be needed:

Indian (aliothin):

Global (alioth):

China (alioth):

Sideload from recovery and enjoy!

alfix8

Sep 25, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: tmbaoloc

esszett

Jan 20, 2019
Sony Xperia Ion
Lenovo Zuk Z1
From next builds onwards this firmware will be needed:

Indian (aliothin):

Global (alioth):

China (alioth):

Sideload from recovery and enjoy!

Thanks for the info... I would have a few questions about this:

Can the latest Global or even China version simply be flashed onto an EEU device?
Are there any disadvantages (e.g. frequency bands)? If not, why are there different firmwares for different markets?

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017

Can the latest Global or even China version simply be flashed onto an EEU device?
Are there any disadvantages (e.g. frequency bands)? If not, why are there different firmwares for different markets?
Form my experience, I think the difference is mostly in the pre- installed software applications and other minor changes. I'm not even shure whether your baseband version is gonna be updated.

esszett

Jan 20, 2019
Sony Xperia Ion
Lenovo Zuk Z1
I think the difference is mostly in the pre- installed software applications [..]

But we're talking about firmware, not MIUI, right? The different firmwares all have the same size...

My understanding of "firmware" so far is that this is the link between hardware and OS, like a low level driver. For example, when the OS gives the command "turn on WiFi", the firmware translates that into the necessary instructions for the SOC. The OS doesn't speak directly with the hardware, but with the firmware. And the firmware determines how it talks to the hardware, also which functionality of the hardware is used or can be used respectively. In the past, it was common to sell devices in different regions with exactly the same hardware, but with different specifications (e.g. the frequency bands for LTE).

Then I must assume that my understanding of "firmware" is wrong or outdated (at least on latest Android devices).

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017
But we're talking about firmware, not MIUI, right? The different firmwares all have the same size...

My understanding of "firmware" so far is that this is the link between hardware and OS, like a low level driver. For example, when the OS gives the command "turn on WiFi", the firmware translates that into the necessary instructions for the SOC. The OS doesn't speak directly with the hardware, but with the firmware. And the firmware determines how it talks to the hardware, also which functionality of the hardware is used or can be used respectively. In the past, it was common to sell devices in different regions with exactly the same hardware, but with different specifications (e.g. the frequency bands for LTE).

Then I must assume that my understanding of "firmware" is wrong or outdated (at least on latest Android devices).
It's a little bit both. I far as I can understand form Xiaomi's perspective "firmware" contains everything from the low level hardware drivers to operating system and launcher sitting on top that. So, we can only guess why version12.5.4 is now required.

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL

4G/5G bands are different in Poco f3 (alioth global) , mi 11x (aliothin) and Redmi k40 china. You can flash any of the firmware. But you might encounter some bugs , maybe not

Reactions: esszett

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL
It's a little bit both. I far as I can understand form Xiaomi's perspective "firmware" contains everything from the low level hardware drivers to operating system and launcher sitting on top that. So, we can only guess why version12.5.4 is now required.
Firmware must match with binaries in the custom rom (we update binaries when xiaomi releases new builds). If you don't update, you might encounter bugs, or maybe bootloop in some cases. I have only seen audio specific issues in alioth when firmware is outdated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure everyone is running this firmware :
    - For all POCO F3 variants use Global (V12.5.4.0.RKHMIXM) or newer firmware.
    - For MI 11X India (V12.5.5.0.RKHINXM) or newer firmware.
    - For Redmi K40 China (V12.5.6.0.RKHCNXM) or newer firmware.
    Thanks a lot for the hard work :)

A few things that I found missing/problematic:
    • The vibration strength is way too low. As in I can't even hear it buzz when its on my desk unlike with the default OS. I guess a slider like on old Androids or atleast a medium strength would be much better?
    • The amount of volume steps for ring and notification volume are too low(7 steps from 0 to max only) while media volume can be adjusted at a much finer rate.
    • On the Wiki page the GApps link sends you to the Nano-Version by default which I cannot get to install as it is too large, only Pico worked for me.
    • In a previous post a new firmware was mentioned that is needed from now on but the install process might be a bit confusing because when sideloading the file it displays an error code(cannot read error: success) in the terminal and immediately on the phone switches back to another screen (using the LineageOS recovery) so there is no output/log or whatsoever which might leave people puzzled if it worked or not. (Oh, and also what about the European Firmware version? Does it matter?)
    • Charging always displays as "slow charge" even when its quick charging but that might be an overall bug in LineageOS
    Just my personal observations and feedback of course :)
    How do I know which firmware I'm running?
    At this point, it seems the only way to know is by comparing the "Baseband" value.

For aliothin/Mi 11x with 12.5.5.0 firmware, the baseband is MPSS.HI.2.0.c7-00266-0908_1454_4260f48f7c, as confirmed by @althafvly (same as mine which means the firmware update was successful for me).

For F3 and K40 users, maybe someone can share the latest baseband string value.

But anyway, as long as you don't get an error while flashing the firmware in recovery, it seems to do the job....just no intuitive way to confirm!
    I'm still getting random restarts especially when my phone s in motion on a car for at least 30 minutes, what could be causing the issue?
    Are you in North America? I've heard that it's the modem crashing and causing the phone to reset. Seems to only happen here (NA) and with AOSP-based ROMs like Lineage.

Give the Immensity Kernel a try to see if that helps.
    Hi! Does 5G work in this rom now? It only reaches upto 4G before.
    NR is (should be?) 5G.
    The point is whether in your country G5 uses any of the frequency bands supported by this phone.
    That is: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA .
    Source: GSMArena.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me ;)
    Instructions :
    Check #2 post before installation

Downloads
    :

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    Kernel Source :

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely it that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download URL:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Credits :

althafvly

SebaUbuntu

Important notes:

• * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI 12.5.3.0 builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    THREAD LOCKED

@Sahil_Sonar Please PM me when the build is available for download and I'll be happy to unlock this thread for you. Placeholder threads aren't permitted.

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator

EDIT: Thread re-opened.