Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

don.nasco

Nov 19, 2011
You're not alone ;)

But it's not only the alarm which I think is way too loud. At the lowest level, simply everything is much too loud. For example, during a phone call, I almost always hold the phone a few centimeters away from my ear, because the next lower volume level means "mute". :rolleyes:

However, this is not a problem of LOS, since it is the same with the F3 in other ROMs. I think this is a firmware thing.

I tried a few firmware's without any luck.

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Hey, thanks for this ROM, it works awesome on my alioth! I have a little problem though.

Fingerprint enrollment doesn't work on work profile (set up using the app Shelter). I get a prompt that it fails and that I should try setting up the fingerprint again.

Fingerprint enrollment and unlock works well on main profile.

Anyone else experiencimg the same?

The device is Alioth and runs the latest nightly.

Edit: @jumo0n Have you found a solution to this? I see that you posted about this earlier in August 2021.

Last edited:

companyja

Nov 10, 2016
Apologies if this is not the right place to ask since this doesn't seem to be a LineageOS specific thing, but is there any way to bring back the old values for the Poco F3 for punchole and status bar size? Every ROM built from December onwards has a way larger hole for the camera and a much taller status bar. I don't know if this is only my issue, but if you want to check, go to developer options and selecter the Waterfall cutout - this will bring back the original punchole size and status bar height, although it will introduce terrible black bars on the side so the phone is awful to use like that as well.

The NoneDisplayCutout Magisk module will restore the original punchole size, but this will make the status bar even larger for some reason, it looks double the height with the None Cutout selected.

Anything I can do to revert back to the original values, or to edit the values of these sizes? Thanks!

Reactions: ilya_m

Leebrown2709

Sep 13, 2021
Hi i am realitively new to this and have managed to install LOS 18.1, my question is how to install a new kernel? Do i do it through lineage recovery or is there a different way?

PlagueCz

Jul 5, 2017
Brno
Xiaomi Mi 5
OnePlus 8T
Hi guys, I'm considering switching to F3 (from Mi5) and I was wondering - how is the camera on LineageOS? I'm used to GCam and I get decent pictures even with my old Mi5. And how is the phone in general? Are there any problems? Thanks a lot!

Amanoo

Jan 30, 2009
Twente
I'm considering flashing LineageOS, since MIUI really isn't doing it for me. But I'm hesitant though. I can't afford to brick this phone. The last phone I've flashed must have been a Galaxy Note 3 or OnePlus One. Any reassurances?

hector98

Mar 26, 2017
Badajoz
Hi all!

Hope that you can help me to solve my doubt. Currently, I'm with the xiaomi.eu 13 weekly ROM on my POCO F3, and I would like to know if I can do a clean install of this Lineage ROM from my current ROM, or if I firstly need to roll back to xiaomi.eu 12 to be able to install this Lineage 18.1 ROM.

Thank you in advance for you help!
hi,
I'm wondering if you have been able to sort this out
thanks in advance.

paolone919191

Sep 8, 2010
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for this rom. Actually, it seems that Fast Transition over wifi ( aka 802.11 r / 802.11 w / 802.11 k) is not supported. Is there a way to enable it? With MIUI everything works well... with lineage seems that the FT support is disabled...

Thanks

Sergi_CAT

Aug 31, 2015
hi,
I'm wondering if you have been able to sort this out
thanks in advance.
Hi!

Yes, I was actually able to install this LineageOS rom without any problem following the instructions given in the official website to install this rom. Finally, what I did is to try it with the MIUI13 beta rom that I had at that time and the firmware that was in that ROM, and everything worked out well in the end!

Hopefully, it should be the same for you.

Reactions: ilya_m and hector98

hector98

Mar 26, 2017
Badajoz
Okay, thank you very much , I appreciate it.
How has it been for you, has lineage worked out for you?
Hi!

Yes, I was actually able to install this LineageOS rom without any problem following the instructions given in the official website to install this rom. Finally, what I did is to try it with the MIUI13 beta rom that I had at that time and the firmware that was in that ROM, and everything worked out well in the end!

Hopefully, it should be the same for you.

Moon_stay

Apr 4, 2020
Hi all
Can anyone help me I did not understand Lineageos description correctly.
Do I need to install recovery lineageos or temporarily booting? Which slot A/B portions or just use "flash boot"?
In temporary mode, why should I turn off the phone and physically go to recovery!?
Thanks

ThisIsMyTrashAcc

Jan 19, 2022
Thanks for the support of LOS on the Poco F3 :giggle:(y)
The default minimum volume settings are a bit too high as the Poco F3 has some powerful speakers.
I suggest lowering the volume values in audio_policy_volumes.xml and default_volume_tables.xml.

These values worked fine for me...

audio_policy_volumes.xml:

<volume stream="AUDIO_STREAM_VOICE_CALL" deviceCategory="DEVICE_CATEGORY_SPEAKER">
<point>0,-3600</point>
<point>33,-2400</point>
<point>66,-1200</point>
<point>100,0</point>
</volume>

<volume stream="AUDIO_STREAM_VOICE_CALL" deviceCategory="DEVICE_CATEGORY_EARPIECE">
<point>0,-3600</point>
<point>33,-2400</point>
<point>66,-1200</point>
<point>100,0</point>
</volume>

<volume stream="AUDIO_STREAM_RING" deviceCategory="DEVICE_CATEGORY_SPEAKER">
<point>1,-4455</point>
<point>33,-3015</point>
<point>66,-1530</point>
<point>100,0</point>
</volume>

<volume stream="AUDIO_STREAM_ALARM" deviceCategory="DEVICE_CATEGORY_SPEAKER">
<point>1,-4455</point>
<point>33,-3015</point>
<point>66,-1530</point>
<point>100,0</point>
</volume>

<volume stream="AUDIO_STREAM_NOTIFICATION" deviceCategory="DEVICE_CATEGORY_SPEAKER">
<point>1,-4455</point>
<point>33,-3015</point>
<point>66,-1530</point>
<point>100,0</point>
</volume>

default_volume_tables.xml:

<reference name="DEFAULT_SYSTEM_VOLUME_CURVE">
<!-- Default System reference Volume Curve -->
<point>1,-3120</point>
<point>33,-2340</point>
<point>66,-1560</point>
<point>100,-780</point>
</reference>

Last edited:

heaven-dub

Jan 30, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi. Thank you for your work.
I recently bought a Poco F3, unlocked the bootloader and installed the build lineage-18.1-20220115-nightly-alioth-signed.zip.
Everything works fine but I have the same problem of pixelated corners described here.
I don't know if it's just me, maybe I have screwed up something during the installation.

Reactions: m0lly.

ilya_m

Oct 28, 2010
I used miui for some time, and I liked the gestures you can configure there, ex
*Double tap on pover button(fingerprint scanner) and it toggles the torchlight

Is there a way to do it withing LOS? Or other tools or scripts
btw: audio_policy_volumes.xml is in /vendor/etc

Last edited:

don.nasco

Nov 19, 2011
Thanks for the support of LOS on the Poco F3 :giggle:(y)
The default minimum volume settings are a bit too high as the Poco F3 has some powerful speakers.
I suggest lowering the volume values in audio_policy_volumes.xml and default_volume_tables.xml.

These values worked fine for me...

audio_policy_volumes.xml:

<volume stream="AUDIO_STREAM_VOICE_CALL" deviceCategory="DEVICE_CATEGORY_SPEAKER">
<point>0,-3600</point>
<point>33,-2400</point>
<point>66,-1200</point>
<point>100,0</point>
</volume>

<volume stream="AUDIO_STREAM_VOICE_CALL" deviceCategory="DEVICE_CATEGORY_EARPIECE">
<point>0,-3600</point>
<point>33,-2400</point>
<point>66,-1200</point>
<point>100,0</point>
</volume>

<volume stream="AUDIO_STREAM_RING" deviceCategory="DEVICE_CATEGORY_SPEAKER">
<point>1,-4455</point>
<point>33,-3015</point>
<point>66,-1530</point>
<point>100,0</point>
</volume>

<volume stream="AUDIO_STREAM_ALARM" deviceCategory="DEVICE_CATEGORY_SPEAKER">
<point>1,-4455</point>
<point>33,-3015</point>
<point>66,-1530</point>
<point>100,0</point>
</volume>

<volume stream="AUDIO_STREAM_NOTIFICATION" deviceCategory="DEVICE_CATEGORY_SPEAKER">
<point>1,-4455</point>
<point>33,-3015</point>
<point>66,-1530</point>
<point>100,0</point>
</volume>

default_volume_tables.xml:

<reference name="DEFAULT_SYSTEM_VOLUME_CURVE">
<!-- Default System reference Volume Curve -->
<point>1,-3120</point>
<point>33,-2340</point>
<point>66,-1560</point>
<point>100,-780</point>
</reference>
This is really great! Thanks for sharing :)

Manual Eurich

Jan 14, 2022
I'm using OpenGApps as instructed by the official LOS page. YouTube, Play Games, and most of the Google apps are working. Only Play Books is having this problem. This happened after updating to 18.1-20220115-NIGHTLY-alioth update.

Attachments

• VideoSnapshot_20220121_210604.jpg
    VideoSnapshot_20220121_210604.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 38

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone tried running the Android 12 firmware on Android 11?
    Yes (V13.0.4.0.SKHEUXM) and it's work without problem.
    Fyi, for me 13.0.4.0 reintroduced the auto brightness bug
    I have posted the following questions on the unofficial LOS19.1 thread. Since this thread is much more active, I'd like to post it here but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to delete my post on the other thread. I apologize for reposting it.

I am new to XDA and created an account to ask you a few questions about your LineageOS ROM and the Xiaomi Poco F3 device. I apologize if these questions sound misplaced as I don't know XDA's forum culture yet.

I have been looking for a while for a device that's at least somewhat protected against water ingress and supported by a custom ROM in order to get rid of Google's prying eyes as good as possible. I am very glad to have found your LineageOS ROM for the Poco F3.

The official LineageOS Wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/) says that the following devices are supported:
    • M2012K11AC
    • M2012K11AI
    • M2012K11AG
    In Switzerland however, I only seem to be able to order the following devices:
    • MZB08REEU
    • MZB08RHEU
    • MZB08RGEU
    • MZB08RIEU
    And a few strange device codes like these, presumably the seller using a device code from a different catalog:
    • xiapof3128bleu
    • xiapof3256wheu
    I haven't been able to find a device with a code that's officially supported by LOS, so I'd like to ask if the devices available in Switzerland are supported by your ROM?

Furthermore, I'd like to ask if VoLTE is working in your ROM? What about VoWiFi?

Unlocking Xiaomi devices requires Windows. I don't have a machine running Windows but I could visit someone who does. With a new Xiaomi account and no previously owned Xiaomi devices, will it be possible to unlock the Poco F3 in the same session or will there still be a waiting period of a few hours or days?

And one last question - I apologize for asking this here as it's not ROM related: There's no official IP53 rating for the Poco F3. Are your Poco F3s protected against heavy rainfalls? What about carrying it in a wet pocket?

Thank you very much for your great work (and maybe answering my questions) !
    For unlocking the bootloader look for the MiUnlookTool for Linux and Mac. I found it on xda a while ago and was successful with unlocking a Xiaomi phone on a linux machine. The only thing which made me struggeling a bit was that this tool obviouslely had a problem with usb 3. After I connected the phone through an usb hub the MiUnlockTool was working like a charm.
    Good luck!
    I have posted the following questions on the unofficial LOS19.1 thread. Since this thread is much more active, I'd like to post it here but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to delete my post on the other thread. I apologize for reposting it.

I am new to XDA and created an account to ask you a few questions about your LineageOS ROM and the Xiaomi Poco F3 device. I apologize if these questions sound misplaced as I don't know XDA's forum culture yet.

I have been looking for a while for a device that's at least somewhat protected against water ingress and supported by a custom ROM in order to get rid of Google's prying eyes as good as possible. I am very glad to have found your LineageOS ROM for the Poco F3.

The official LineageOS Wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/) says that the following devices are supported:
    • M2012K11AC
    • M2012K11AI
    • M2012K11AG
    In Switzerland however, I only seem to be able to order the following devices:
    • MZB08REEU
    • MZB08RHEU
    • MZB08RGEU
    • MZB08RIEU
    And a few strange device codes like these, presumably the seller using a device code from a different catalog:
    • xiapof3128bleu
    • xiapof3256wheu
    I haven't been able to find a device with a code that's officially supported by LOS, so I'd like to ask if the devices available in Switzerland are supported by your ROM?

Furthermore, I'd like to ask if VoLTE is working in your ROM? What about VoWiFi?

Unlocking Xiaomi devices requires Windows. I don't have a machine running Windows but I could visit someone who does. With a new Xiaomi account and no previously owned Xiaomi devices, will it be possible to unlock the Poco F3 in the same session or will there still be a waiting period of a few hours or days?

And one last question - I apologize for asking this here as it's not ROM related: There's no official IP53 rating for the Poco F3. Are your Poco F3s protected against heavy rainfalls? What about carrying it in a wet pocket?

Thank you very much for your great work (and maybe answering my questions) !
    As far as I know, there's no other models than the Indian, the Chinese and the European or Global model. (so redmi k something for china, mi something in india, poco f3 in eu and maybe some other places). You will probably get the EU version in Switzerland. Maybe you have a local tech forum where people discuss the poco f3? All I can say is that I am not aware of any weird incompatible models.

Unlocking needs you to be logged into the mi account for a week before you can unlock it on a windows pc. As long as the timer is done you can do the unlock in one go.

IP53 is not official, but the sim tray has rubber and I assume the speaker can resist a drop of rain on it too, but obviously no guarantees!
    Hi guys.
    Can anyone confirm that F3 is capable of running AptX HD with the headphones???

prefferably running on

LineageOS 18.1​

not MIUI
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me ;)
    Instructions :
    Check #2 post before installation

Downloads
    :

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    Kernel Source :

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely it that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download URL:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Credits :

althafvly

SebaUbuntu

Important notes:

• * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI 12.5.x builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    Note:
    Flashing LineageOS through TWRP is NOT SUPPORTED and NOT ADVISED, do with your own risk. Please use LineageOS Recovery instead.

Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks, coz it runs SeLinux permissive on recovery). That's why it's not recommend to use with A/B devices.