Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

wingenieur

Apr 14, 2019
Kassel
no problems here with current version ... did a clean flash according to installation instructions on LOS wiki.
My firmware is 12.5.7 EEA ... no problems at all.
So this could not be a common issue ... must be specific !
Hmmm... For me only means, that from scratch is okay, but only updates are critical. Maybe if I would clear data it would also work... But I won't. :)

damonke

Sep 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
According to https://www.lineageoslog.com/18.1/alioth there have been quite a lot of changes to the partition/boot environment. Could be related to the bootloops?
Yes this is what I suspected too.

I also had the bootloop on an upgrade. I just did a clean install after backing up some files through twrp. Never a bad thing to reinstall, but it was not what I was planning to spend my saturday on. I'm sure I was on the latest EU firmware btw, I don't think it's the firmware. It almost seemed like the bootloader just hangs somewhere because it can't open a file it expects and then it just fails after trying forever.

Reactions: Smultie

Smultie

Apr 13, 2006
Is there any way to contact the developers? Do they read this topic at all?
At least some acknowledgement would be nice

heaven-dub

Jan 30, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
The latest version (lineage-18.1-20220226-nightly-alioth-signed.zip) causes bootloop as well.
I tried to update the firmware with the latest version from here but no luck so I don't think that's the problem.
Maybe it's because of Gapps? Anyone else experiencing bootloops use Gapps?

Smultie

Apr 13, 2006
First install for me after having to wait for a week. The complete install went perfect.

Only issue I'm having (and which I have been facing on the Poco F1 as well) is the fact that 'Hey Google isn't working. Sounds familiar to anyone?

CHGICEMAN

The latest version (lineage-18.1-20220226-nightly-alioth-signed.zip) causes bootloop as well.
I tried to update the firmware with the latest version from here but no luck so I don't think that's the problem.
Maybe it's because of Gapps? Anyone else experiencing bootloops use Gapps?
I still can't understand the boot loop after a dirty flash.

Nov 18, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
First install for me after having to wait for a week. The complete install went perfect.

Only issue I'm having (and which I have been facing on the Poco F1 as well) is the fact that 'Hey Google isn't working. Sounds familiar to anyone?
Any AOSP ROM will most likely suffer this. Its a package which is not included by default.
Besides GAPPs related to voice picker, there's another necessary library

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me ;)
    Instructions :
    Check #2 post before installation

Downloads
    :

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    Kernel Source :

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely it that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download URL:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Credits :

althafvly

SebaUbuntu

Important notes:

• * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI 12.5.x builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    Note:
    Flashing LineageOS through TWRP is NOT SUPPORTED and NOT ADVISED, do with your own risk. Please use LineageOS Recovery instead.

Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks, coz it runs SeLinux permissive on recovery). That's why it's not recommend to use with A/B devices.