Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017
Does anyone syncing 1Password app for Android with 1Password macOS WLAN server over WiFi? It seems that, for some reason, current build can not "see" mDNS/Bounjur-advertised services from my Apple devices on the same WiFi network.

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017
Form my experience, I think the difference is mostly in the pre- installed software applications and other minor changes. I'm not even shure whether your baseband version is gonna be updated.
I can confirm that Poco's Baseband version has been changed/updated after applying MIUI 12.5.4.0 Global Update

samuel-0815

Apr 15, 2013
Thanks for creating this ROM! I've been holding back on buying a Poco F3 until official LineageOS support was present and now am very happy. Can anyone recommend a good way to get the always on display working in a similar way as with MIUI? As far as I've seen there is no such feature included in LineageOS and since the Poco F3 has no notification LED I need some way to notice Signal messages etc.

bhupatib

Nov 28, 2011
Motorola Defy
LG V20
Off-topic: the official LOS on my LGV20 has the swipe gesture enabled on the aosp keyboard out of the box. But on alioth, it is the old tap style keyboard. I'm using a magisk mod to add the swipe feature but I'll be nice if this was included in the core os at some point.
Attaching the magisk mod for those interested.
Also, I hate gboard!

Attachments

• install_aosp_keyboard.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 19

_Hering_

Sep 29, 2021
Thanks a lot for the hard work :)

A few things that I found missing/problematic:
  • The vibration strength is way too low. As in I can't even hear it buzz when its on my desk unlike with the default OS. I guess a slider like on old Androids or atleast a medium strength would be much better?
  • The amount of volume steps for ring and notification volume are too low(7 steps from 0 to max only) while media volume can be adjusted at a much finer rate.
  • On the Wiki page the GApps link sends you to the Nano-Version by default which I cannot get to install as it is too large, only Pico worked for me.
  • In a previous post a new firmware was mentioned that is needed from now on but the install process might be a bit confusing because when sideloading the file it displays an error code(cannot read error: success) in the terminal and immediately on the phone switches back to another screen (using the LineageOS recovery) so there is no output/log or whatsoever which might leave people puzzled if it worked or not. (Oh, and also what about the European Firmware version? Does it matter?)
  • Charging always displays as "slow charge" even when its quick charging but that might be an overall bug in LineageOS
Just my personal observations and feedback of course :)

Last edited:

bhupatib

Nov 28, 2011
Motorola Defy
LG V20
Anyone getting skips and stutters with Bluetooth audio? I tied both SBC and LDAC (APTx isn't working) and found the same issue.
Lots of btgatt and network scheduler errors in the logs...something to do with the cut down gapps (nikgapps core)?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210930-133644_Trebuchet~2.png
    Screenshot_20210930-133644_Trebuchet~2.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 76

bhupatib

Nov 28, 2011
Motorola Defy
LG V20
Anyone getting skips and stutters with Bluetooth audio? I tied both SBC and LDAC (APTx isn't working) and found the same issue.
Lots of btgatt and network scheduler errors in the logs...
So turning off WiFi and/or switching to a 5Ghz access point seems to fix the issue.
For context, I have two BT devices connected (an audio receiver and a fitness band) and I'm using my Tab S7 to compare and confirm the audio skips.

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
OpenGApps "arm64-11.0-pico-20210929" fails to install over latest LoS 18.1 saying there is "insufficient storage space available in System partition".
I am on latest LoS recovery ()20210925) on slot b.
I have read some messages here and I agree I should use OpenGApps
Is there a way to fix this or is this an issue of the recovery?

lovesetcpu

Feb 5, 2011
OpenGApps "arm64-11.0-pico-20210929" fails to install over latest LoS 18.1 saying there is "insufficient storage space available in System partition".
I am on latest LoS recovery ()20210925) on slot b.
I have read some messages here and I agree I should use OpenGApps
Is there a way to fix this or is this an issue of the recovery?
Use TWRP. Impossible to flash with LOS Recovery.

Aug 26, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Is it possible to fine tune the notification slider steps more? I find the lowest ring volume is still too high. Also will I need to update the firmware before updating to the latest builds if I already have Los installed? I'm trying to update to the October 1 build on Microg4Lineageos but it keeps failing (exits tohome screen when pressing update)

Archantiumm

Jun 20, 2021
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
Hi @ All

whats the correct way of doing an OTA and keep root (Magisk).
I'm on the latest LOS with LOS recovery.
Any guide somewhere ?

Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

Thanks a lot.
I am not sure if this exists for this phone (I use it on mi note 10 pro and poco f1), but I use SKYHAWK Recovery, It does it automatically.

But I did not install magisk on this phone so I did not try it and sticked to twrp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me ;)
    Instructions :
    Check #2 post before installation

Downloads
    :

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    Kernel Source :

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely it that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download URL:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Credits :

althafvly

SebaUbuntu

Important notes:

• * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI 12.5.x builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    Note:
    Flashing LineageOS through TWRP is NOT SUPPORTED and NOT ADVISED, do with your own risk. Please use LineageOS Recovery instead.

Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks, coz it runs SeLinux permissive on recovery). That's why it's not recommend to use with A/B devices.