Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

ilya_m

Oct 28, 2010
I suggest lowering the volume values in audio_policy_volumes.xml and default_volume_tables.xml.

These values worked fine for me...

audio_policy_volumes.xml
sorry, must be very silly question, but how do you change them? I found files are in vendor/etc I copied and changed tham, but the vendor is mounted readonly... I have twrp installed, I think I need to mount vendor first then do a copy using file explorer... is there an easier way?

don.nasco

Nov 19, 2011
sorry, must be very silly question, but how do you change them? I found files are in vendor/etc I copied and changed tham, but the vendor is mounted readonly... I have twrp installed, I think I need to mount vendor first then do a copy using file explorer... is there an easier way?
You have to remount the vendor rw first:
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /vendor
Then you can edit the files. Once done, reboot the phone.

Reactions: hhadi and ilya_m

Sergi_CAT

Aug 31, 2015
Okay, thank you very much , I appreciate it.
How has it been for you, has lineage worked out for you?
For me it's a great experience using this ROM. By far, I like it much more than the xiaomi.eu one. I'm not having any issues so far, so I'm quite happy indeed by this Lineage OS rom for the POCO F3.

Rarrr123

Jan 25, 2022
Hi everyone. I am having a very annoying error that is unfortunately putting me away from using LOS. The following happens:

Whenever I start navigating with the GPS (Gmaps, Waze) any audio that is playing starts having issues, be it in Spotify, Podcast apps etc. Every two seconds, the audio disappears for 1 second or so. This happens with bluetooth on or off. I have reinstalled all apps, factory reset, cleared cache and nothing has solved it. This ONLY happens when i start navigating with the GPS. If i close the navigation app, the audio problem persists until the phone is restarted.

I am very happy with LOS apart from this extremely annoying error. I am running the latest LOS and update it weekly but it's been happening pretty much since the first install. Any ideas?

Sahil_Sonar

Aug 29, 2018
Thane
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello folks, today I am releasing a test lineage-19.0 build for alioth/aliothin.
You can find it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lineageos-alioth/files/lineage-19.0/

Flashing instructions remain same as lineage-18.1 you can dirty flash from lineage-18.1

DO NOTE this a test build not official/prod ready build. Feel free to use and report bugs with appropriate log

It is highly recommended to backup your data before proceeding

Thank you!

tino1601

Mar 29, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Hello

I am a new user of a mi 11i
What does the term "alioth" mean?

I would like to remove the Google ecosystem from this phone through this rom.
Thanks for your answer

SMRDcompany

Apr 12, 2019
Just tried the 19 test, everything works smoothly so far! I had to install a magisk module to hide the immersive keyboard selection when using gesture navigation, I've seen ROMs that have that customization option in the System Navigation menu, though I don't know if the maintainer has the ability to change this or not for LineageOS.

One thing I am still wondering is if there's ANY way to restore the old punch hole size and status bar height, the big punch hole for no reason is really bothering me on all AOSP roms compared to stock MIUI...

damonke

Sep 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Can you add a keylayout called kona-mtp-snd-card_Button_Jack.kl containing the following to make headsets work?

Code:
key 257 VOLUME_UP
key 226 HEADSETHOOK
key 258 VOLUME_DOWN

Honestly I'm kind of confused that this still doesn't work. Is there maybe some random keylayout in the layouts folder interfering with default behavior? There is -A LOT- of files there tbh.

damonke

Sep 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Can you add a keylayout called kona-mtp-snd-card_Button_Jack.kl containing the following to make headsets work?

Code:
key 257 VOLUME_UP
key 226 HEADSETHOOK
key 258 VOLUME_DOWN

Honestly I'm kind of confused that this still doesn't work. Is there maybe some random keylayout in the layouts folder interfering with default behavior? There is -A LOT- of files there tbh.
just to clarify, adding the file I suggest adding DOES work for me using 1more earphones (and I assume most other headsets). Before adding the file it would do some sort of random actions on the screen with either of the volume keys.

arch_user2

Account currently disabled
Jan 1, 2022
Hi. Great ROM. I was just wondering if there was any setting (or any plans to add one) which would allow for the fingerprint sensor to only detect when the power button has been pressed. This is because I will often find that when I reach for my phone out of my pocket, I will have already unlocked the phone, just by having my finger on the sensor, causing random apps to be opened from unwanted inputs.

waalaikum

Feb 1, 2022
Hi. Great ROM. I was just wondering if there was any setting (or any plans to add one) which would allow for the fingerprint sensor to only detect when the power button has been pressed. This is because I will often find that when I reach for my phone out of my pocket, I will have already unlocked the phone, just by having my finger on the sensor, causing random apps to be opened from unwanted inputs.
I was also annoyed by this. This is normaly a build-time config for laos, but you can also use gravity box to tweak it away.

waalaikum

Feb 1, 2022
I want to thank all of the laos authors, its really great work!

I used laos for several months in Europe and never had any problems. However, I recently moved to mexico and have lots of problems with the network stability, especially inside buildings. It connects to to the network, but losses the connection after a few seconds again. This is going on all the time and drains the battery. My friends with the same carrier dont have those problems, so I think its caused by the firmware. I use the 12.5.4 global one and was very happy with it in europe.

Someone can suggest how I can solve this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me ;)
    Instructions :
    Check #2 post before installation

Downloads
    :

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    Kernel Source :

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely it that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download URL:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Credits :

althafvly

SebaUbuntu

Important notes:

• * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI 12.5.x builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    Note:
    Flashing LineageOS through TWRP is NOT SUPPORTED and NOT ADVISED, do with your own risk. Please use LineageOS Recovery instead.

Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks, coz it runs SeLinux permissive on recovery). That's why it's not recommend to use with A/B devices.