Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
- May 28, 2014
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
- Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_alioth
- Kernel source code: LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm8250
- Camera (and flashlight)
- Telephony (Calls)
- Audio (Record and Playback)
- Video Playback
- Nothing (?)
- Must follow installation wiki for this device.
- GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
- Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
- No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported.
- Flashing LineageOS through custom recovery is not supported and not advised. Use LineageOS Recovery instead. Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks), also using TWRP might break ota updates and cause other issues with LineageOS like bootloops.
- DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, recovery or Xposed or Magisk mods.
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.).
- Report bugs here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/bugreport#reporting-a-bug
Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
XDA is preferred for main discussion. But if you need any other support, check unofficial support group. We strongly discourage direct contact with devs through social media.
DONATIONS : Paypal