Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][12.1] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

eliezerjk90

Feb 28, 2015
Duisburg
Hi.
I must retract my statement.
I run YASNAC to check SafetyNet and this failed.

View attachment 5643023

LOS 19.1 with Android 12.1 + Magisk 25.1 + Zygisk enabled + Universal SafetyNet Fix + MagiskHide Props Config + enforced Denylist + Google play services, Google Play Store and Paypal on the List...

And now the Paypal App is starting, but I can not login. After entering the login data, I come back in the empty input field. :/

And now I'm a little perplexed how to proceed.
The paypal app looping into login page is a bug I guess. I had it also eventhough I pass safetynet (with another rom). Try to clear data and cache, reboot, and login directly after restart. It does the trick for me. If we wait a bit after reboot then the problem would occur again (at least in my experience).

Jabelor

Jun 11, 2022
I am running syncthing-fork on los19.1 with microg and it works properly. i checked my logcat and I also got the same warning but i do not notice any effects.

What does not function for you in syncthing? i never used the vanilla syncthing, but I think syncthing-fork mainly has an extra gui that the vanilla version does not have. Maybe try syncthing-fork for debugging and import your config there?
Hi,

Sorry, I omitted that bit in my original post: I have tried syncthing and syncthing-fork and they are giving the same selinux error as shown in the original post. I have tried to set up new syncthing set of rules and to restore backup. Desktop syncthing can see new listener device however LOS blocks resolver so i cannot establish connection with my workstation and pull data to phone. I havent tried syncthing-fork in the latest LOS build from a few days ago. I might try again and I will post details.

I do run vanilla LOS, no Gapps of any sort.

p.s. There is this however i cannot really confirm or negate any relation to this report since i used syncthing from GPlay on certified android 11 device up until 2 weeks ago.

Jabelor

Jun 11, 2022
Hi,

Sorry, I omitted that bit in my original post: I have tried syncthing and syncthing-fork and they are giving the same selinux error as shown in the original post. I have tried to set up new syncthing set of rules and to restore backup. Desktop syncthing can see new listener device however LOS blocks resolver so i cannot establish connection with my workstation and pull data to phone. I havent tried syncthing-fork in the latest LOS build from a few days ago. I might try again and I will post details.

I do run vanilla LOS, no Gapps of any sort.

p.s. There is this however i cannot really confirm or negate any relation to this report since i used syncthing from GPlay on certified android 11 device up until 2 weeks ago.
I have tried syncthing-fork and it works. It shows the same errors related to selinux but it works. I might open an issue on github to see what syncthing folks are saying about this.

Thank you @barturblits : )

Reactions: barturblits

Boracho

Mar 25, 2022
With the current release I have problems when using the front camera "couldnt open front camera multiple times. Try calibrating the camera". For some apps like whatsapp it is still working after closing the dialog. But lineage camera and gcam just close.

How ro fix that?

krasny2k5

Feb 24, 2011
For me everything is fine except one thing: the proximity sensor. I know that this phone does not have a proximity sensor and uses the gyro and the front camera as sensor but it is horrible to make a phone call without earphones because the screen is constantly waking up and pushing buttons.

Anyone has a fix for this? can be a problem of my unit? I don't think that this can be a rom problem because it is annoying as hell and I can't find posts regarding this issue.

Boracho

Mar 25, 2022
I have the same problem with calls.

What also annoys is that the fingerprint sensor is active when the phone is sleeping. I often accidentally touch it and then then random things are happening in my pocket lol. Correct way should be press power -> fingerprint active -> unlock in my opinion. For android 11 I used gravity box to override that behavior. For android 12 there seems to be no 3rd party workaround.

avguser23

May 31, 2019
I have the same problem with calls.

What also annoys is that the fingerprint sensor is active when the phone is sleeping. I often accidentally touch it and then then random things are happening in my pocket lol. Correct way should be press power -> fingerprint active -> unlock in my opinion. For android 11 I used gravity box to override that behavior. For android 12 there seems to be no 3rd party workaround.
Try this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-alioth-software-proximeter.4454463/

Reactions: duttyend
Could you please enable "fingerprint wake and unlock" in the overlay file when compiling. This would prevent accidentally unlocking the phone when touching the fingerprint sensor.

According to this reddit post, this has already been implemented in LineageOS and just needs to be enabled for each specific device (check the original thread, not the embed, first comment explains it): https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/qxcfyc

Boracho

Mar 25, 2022
Could you please enable "fingerprint wake and unlock" in the overlay file when compiling. This would prevent accidentally unlocking the phone when touching the fingerprint sensor.

According to this reddit post, this has already been implemented in LineageOS and just needs to be enabled for each specific device (check the original thread, not the embed, first comment explains it): https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/qxcfyc
Yeah, this it what you could override using gravity box in Android 11. I never had any issues.

krasny2k5

Feb 24, 2011
That's a good idea, but we still need a fix for the proximity sensor during calls which is terrible annoying.

Boracho

Mar 25, 2022
Are there any open source ROMs that handle the proximity better? I personally never used a different ROM besides lineage, including MIUI.

dash199t

Oct 7, 2015
HI,
has anybody the problem, that when connected via Bluetooth to a car, no songnames are shown and the controls aren't working?

A normal Bluetooth headset works just fine, at least for the controls

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
New lineage-19.1 builds has increased touch polling rate feature. Try using that. Settings-> Display -> High touch polling rate
Sry to blast your dms too just trying to make sure you'll see:

Touch polling fix is pretty nice and it alleviates lot of issues with the touch but sadly it doesn't fix the underlying issue with it -the touch recognition is skewed. Touch itself feels "alien" lol

I explained in dms like this:
I managed to figure out what's going on this time and it's not latency issue. It happens when you put your finger on the screen and hold it in place for a really really short time - like 200ms or less (0.2s)

Once you start moving finger after that short hold the touch recognition goes bonkers and tries doing a skewed swipe:
IMG_20220627_005936.jpg

IMG_20220627_010132.jpg

In pics above you can see what's going on - I am 100% sure it's not my finger moving at all. I only hold it in place for a short time then try to swipe up and this happens...

In daily use it is noticable during swiping/scrolling - and only happens on the initial swipe ! It looks like delayed swipe - as in your finger moves up but the screen is refusing to move for the short duration ( As you can see above most likely it's registering as a short swipe sideways , so that's where the lag is coming from ) then after that delay it starts working properly... Feels like a sluggish swipe - as in first half a second of swipe is not responsive then it wakes up and starts working properly

If you're swiping without removing finger at all it's practically impossible to get this skewed swipe to occur, it only occurs in the very first moments of swipe and as you can see in pics it happens randomly

I'll leave my guess here and say it may have to do with touch going to sleep after you lift your finger off the screen , then next time you place the finger back on the screen it ramps up and makes a mistake where touch >hold > swipe up is recognized as touch>hold>swipe sideways>swipe up

Low latency makes it feel less pronounced but it's still happening and the touch itself feels really weird and unnatural ...

Last edited:

don.nasco

Nov 19, 2011

I just did this https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_alioth/+/333557
Not sure if it is correct and if it will get merged.

Boracho

Mar 25, 2022
Great!

BTW: Some guys are trying to port gravity box to Android 12. With this module you can also override the setting: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/unofficial-gravitybox-s-version.4456047/
But its very experimental right now, I won't install this on my phone for now. But maybe some of you want to give it a shot.

confluced

Jun 28, 2022
In the installation wiki,I need to flash the copy-partition zip,but in the wiki for update,it seems I needn't flash it as this step doesn't appear at all ,that's confusing,should I flash it when update?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just did this https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_alioth/+/333557
    Not sure if it is correct and if it will get merged.
    In last release (today's one), security patch level is still 2022-05-05 despite in changelog it's reported June security update.
    Is someone experiencing the same?
    Hello,
    "332260: Jun 2022 Security update & Feature drop" commit, is related to android_vendor_lineage.
    POCO F3 vendor Security update level is still 2022-04-01 for me.
    332260 commit seem to be only related to the Google devices. And as there is no vars/alioth in this commit, there is no vendor security patch level update flag for alioth.

There is a new MindTheGapps build: MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip . Everything is working fine at first sight.
    Should MindTheGapps being flashed when a new version is published and I don't have any issues?
    I do it but it is not mandatory because the apps update themselfs anyway
    lineageos-png.5317459
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE/VoWifi
    Bugs:
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:
    Wiki:
    Installation :
    Note:
    • Required firmware version must be based on MIUI 13.x.x builds (Based on Android 12).
      • V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM 12.0 China
      • V13.0.4.0.SKHINXM 12.0 India
      • V13.0.3.0.SKHMIXM 12.0 Global
      • Others flash region specific firmware MIUI 13.x.x.x 12.0 (eg: Europe, Indonesia, Russia, etc..)
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    • Flashing LineageOS through TWRP is NOT SUPPORTED and NOT ADVISED. **
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported.
    ** Please use LineageOS Recovery instead. Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks, coz it runs SeLinux permissive on recovery). That's why it's not recommend to use with A/B devices.

Bug reports: https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/bugreport#reporting-a-bug
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.).

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Credits :

@SebaUbuntu

@Sahil_Sonar

DONATIONS : Paypal
    LineageOS 19.1 official build is out

Make sure follow steps before upgrading to lineage-19.1

- Follow this fresh install https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install
    - Follow this for upgrade https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/upgrade

- Install Android 12 Gapps after installing rom (if you use)
    - Update firmware to required firmware version MIUI 13.x.x builds (Based on Android 12).
    V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM 12.0 China
    V13.0.4.0.SKHEUXM 12.0 Europe
    V13.0.4.0.SKHINXM 12.0 India
    V13.0.2.0.SKHMIXM 12.0 Global
    Updated build is UP (Check OP for link)

- Based on android-12.1.0_r2
    - Some features are up (like expandable volume panel)
    - Fixed recovery assert issue
    - https://download.lineageos.org/alioth/changes/
    The ROM isn't PLay Certified, so you need magisk to use GPay.
    Not a big deal, but there's a way to do it without Magisk?
    By default lineageos don't pass safetynet, why?- its explained here https://lineageos.org/Safetynet

You can pass safetynet by an unofficial way, using ih8sn
    This might help to pass SafetyNet without Magisk/Root

1- Extract attached ih8sn_lineage.zip somewhere.
    2- Connect phone with USB debugging mode and rooted debugging enabled in developer options.
    3- Then run push script (.sh/.ps1/.bat) or manually enter whats in it.
    4- Reboot

Note:
    - Adding 60-ih8sn.sh file will keep the spoofing stay in ota updates, use only if needed

Source: https://github.com/althafvly/ih8sn/commits/alioth