Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][12.1] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

confluced

Jun 28, 2022
You've to install it only when you first install the rom. I don't see it beneficial when you update eg via OTA
I said the update which change lineageos main virson,for example update form 18 to 19,the updater(OTA) do not support it and I must do it manually.

"The updater app does not support upgrades from one version of LineageOS to another, and will block installation to any update for a different version. Upgrading manually requires similar steps to installing LineageOS for the first time."

Jabelor

Jun 11, 2022
Still an issue, if anyone was wondering. Will test with each OTA
Still an issue. syncthing fork works so i will not test this frequently. If any changes occur, will respond back.

In other news: latest build (02nd of July 2022) fixed some launcher lockups when you use gesture navigation, without nav buttons and without hat nav line/pill whatever the name is. It is not yet flawless but it is better, yes.

Reactions: duttyend

damonke

Sep 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello everyone, I wanted to know if this rom auto-update or do i need to install a new version every time?
It has a built in updater. You can install whatever the latest version is by the way, so if you are multiple versions behind, you can just install the latest one. It will install in the background and then ask you to reboot. Then it just immediately boots into the upgraded software. No waiting. All very smooth. Although if you use magisk you have to flash that after the update is installed, before the reboot (unless I am missing some way to automatically do this)

CiupaSs

Apr 21, 2016
It has a built in updater. You can install whatever the latest version is by the way, so if you are multiple versions behind, you can just install the latest one. It will install in the background and then ask you to reboot. Then it just immediately boots into the upgraded software. No waiting. All very smooth. Although if you use magisk you have to flash that after the update is installed, before the reboot (unless I am missing some way to automatically do this)
magisk will stay, you don't have to flash it after every update

Reactions: Doomkopf

Qiirex

Jun 21, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
"If your current installation is newer or older than Android 12, please up- or downgrade to the required version before proceeding" I am running MIUI 13 EU weekly. Do i need to downgrade to MIUI V13.0.2.0?

krasny2k5

Feb 24, 2011
I have the same problem with calls.

What also annoys is that the fingerprint sensor is active when the phone is sleeping. I often accidentally touch it and then then random things are happening in my pocket lol. Correct way should be press power -> fingerprint active -> unlock in my opinion. For android 11 I used gravity box to override that behavior. For android 12 there seems to be no 3rd party workaround.
Hi there:

Last week I checked which version of the poco I have (Global version) and I flashed the latest version of the firmware (V13.0.3.0.SKHMIXM) in my phone (last time I think I flashed the european one) and I have to say that the proximity works much better now. It is not perfect yet but at least I can call without constant misscliks or silencing the mic which was really annoying.

Reactions: Boracho

TigTex

Nov 28, 2012
Lisbon
So, I've unlocked my POCO F3 after getting bored of the extremely aggressive battery management of MIUI (and bloatware). I'm already a user of cyanogenmod/lineage since android 2.3 and it's good to be back.

Problems that I've detected. There are 2 features that are NOT working and should be written on the 1st page:
- Main camera APP doesn't support macro or wide lens
- Dolby audio is not available (this is a featured functionality of POCO F3). The audio is terrible and thin without it.

Apart from that, changing ROMs was smooth. Just follow the wiki page.

PROs:
- RAM consuption is much lower, background apps are not killed at all times and notifications are not delayed. Which was a problem with MIUI (stock)
- Everything seems smoother

CONS:
-AudioFX doesn't work properly. If you increase the bass and treble, only some apps use the equalizer and most of it stop using it after the music changes (spotify for example). We need proper dolby support
-The camera app can be replaced by GCam mods, but MIUI stock camera seems to produce better results.
-I have a feeling that the brightness is not as high as with MIUI when using the phone outdoors in sunlight
-The "neutral" color scheme is a bit oversaturated, can be fixed manually
-There's no notification led on this phone. MIUI had an option to light up the screen with effects. LineageOS only has "always on screen" or "turn on, show notification, turn off (ambient display)"
-The wifi connection is dropped to mobile data frequently if mobile data is ON, even under aceptable 5ghz signal levels (I also had this problem with redmi note 4 and LOS18/19)
-Device shows up as uncertified. A fix is available on this thread page but even after applying it, some apps are missing from play store (netflix). This is not a real bug but a feature of LineageOS
-If you use a slow charger that only has the +5v and GND conected on the usb port, the phone doesn't report that it's charging but the battery percentage goes up. stock rom reported this correctly.

Overall, I think the experience is "fine". This is still a beta quality ROM (no stable release yet) so use it with caution.
Shout out to @althafvly

Cheers​

Last edited:
Why people talking bad about this rom like they deserve their say, do you pay for the developer to develop this custom ROM? I use Custom ROM on K40 since LOS 18... And I upgraded it normally without having to reinstall it again... Using an android phone with a custom ROM you're suppose to have the mentality things will always be slightly shîtty... Or not as smooth as stock ROM, else stay with stock ROM.

I have a few problems here and there I solved it myself... I never see anything that is so bad that is the developer's fault to have to fix it... I chose to use Custom ROM, I chose the risk.

The other day, I started to notice my phone has no sound anymore, and video not playing smoothly... I waited for the weekly update, and it didn't solved the issue, then I realized I recently upgraded the firmware to the one newer than the recommended one, I rollback just now, sound and video all back to normal! Maybe you action is the problem but you decided to blame other for your own mistake?

All these "is the ROM stable for daily use?" Stay with stock ROM or get an iPhone.

Last edited:

TigTex

Nov 28, 2012
Lisbon
Why people talking bad about this rom like they deserve their say, do you pay for the developer to develop this custom ROM? I use Custom ROM on K40 since LOS 18... And I upgraded it normally without having to reinstall it again... Using an android phone with a custom ROM you're suppose to have the mentality things will always be slightly shîtty... Or not as smooth as stock ROM, else stay with stock ROM.

I have a few problems here and there I solved it myself... I never see anything that is so bad that is the developer's fault to have to fix it... I chose to use Custom ROM, I chose the risk.

The other day, I started to notice my phone has no sound anymore, and video not playing smoothly... I waited for the weekly update, and it didn't solved the issue, then I realized I recently upgraded the firmware to the one newer than the recommended one, I rollback just now, sound and video all back to normal! Maybe you action is the problem but you decided to blame other for your own mistake?

All these "is the ROM stable for daily use?" Stay with stock ROM or get an iPhone.
As a developer, you want to be aware of all possible bugs.
Myself have ported a cyanogenmod (android 2.3) to zte mooncake and I could not test under all environments and all features as better as other users. Feedback is extremely important, if it's accurate and respectful.

My post was not blaming anything but a bug report and to share my own experience before other users try this rom.
If the devs do anything about it or not it's up to them. Of course one can fork the project, make patches and request to upstream them

As a developer, you want to be aware of all possible bugs.
Myself have ported a cyanogenmod (android 2.3) to zte mooncake and I could not test under all environments and all features as better as other users. Feedback is extremely important, if it's accurate and respectful.

My post was not blaming anything but a bug report and to share my own experience before other users try this rom.
If the devs do anything about it or not it's up to them. Of course one can fork the project, make patches and request to upstream them
Of cos being reasonable about this and that… but lots of post seems to be very needy… and like to diss the whole project… and demand the developer to do to their liking including not have to carry on their normal life, I think that is not fair to the developer.

Some even request features… they never even know some ROM are meant to be that way… they must request all the bells and whistles.

I did tried to learn to compile a ROM, but most of it beyond my limit. 😜 and Android keep increasing their minimum requirements… just when I got myself an 8GB ram spare laptop I could use to compile, they want 12GB as minimum. 😤

Morghoth

Apr 18, 2009
Double click power button to open the camera (in gestures settings) is not working for me. A lock screen will show up and that's all.

Emeraldawn

Jan 30, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
-Device shows up as uncertified. A fix is available on this thread page but even after applying it, some apps are missing from play store (netflix).
Netflix shows up on the Play Store for me. It's not instantly thought.
I don't know what triggers it but after a few reboots you can install it. I also cleared Play Store data after installing the fix, thought it may be unnecessary. (Tried after a clean install of the latest build.)

confluced

Jun 28, 2022
Hi,it often automatically change to network traffic when wifi's quality is not good but still usable, could I stop this?

TigTex

Nov 28, 2012
Lisbon
Hi,it often automatically change to network traffic when wifi's quality is not good but still usable, could I stop this?
Yeah, this is one of the things that I've also noticed. This is common across other LineageOS devices and versions, so it's something that it is designed like that. I get the idea, but the implementation is not optimal. Only workaround that I know is to disable the mobile data while using wifi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If theres anyone here using any of these models with lineageos, then please let me know which firmware version is working fine for you.

- POCO F3 Global : V13.0.3.0.SKHMIXM
    - Mi 11X India : V13.0.6.0.SKHINXM
    - POCO F3 Turkey : V13.0.1.0.SKHTRXM
    - POCO F3 Taiwan : V13.0.1.0.SKHTWXM
    - POCO F3 Indonesia : V13.0.2.0.SKHIDXM
    - POCO F3 Russia : V13.0.2.0.SKHRUXM
    - POCO F3 EEA : V13.0.6.0.SKHEUXM
    - Redmi K40 China : V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM

Note : Broken firmware usually have audio/touch issues
    I have updated the list. If anyone faces issues with above firmware version while using lineageos, then please let me know.
    After being forced to use MIUI for 7 days until I could be released from Xiaomi's jail, I've finally installed this ROM. I'm a big fan of LineageOS, and have been using it for several years. I'm really pleased to have it running on my POCO F3. Everything seems to be working as expected. It has been a very smooth experience, from installing it to actually getting it running.

Thanks to everyone who makes this wonderful experience possible!
    It was merged and will be included in the next build :)
    Make sure you are running correct firmware - MIUI 13.x.x builds (Based on Android 12).
    - For Redmi K40 China V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM 12.0 China
    - For MI 11X India V13.0.6.0.SKHINXM 12.0 India
    - For POCO F3 V13.0.3.0.SKHMIXM 12.0 Global
    - Others regions use MIUI 13.x.x.x 12.0 with july security patch (eg: Europe, Indonesia, Russia, etc..)

Note: Newer/older firmware than this may or may not cause any issues, but it is not recommended.
    sound is not working with V13.0.7.0.SKHEUXM version
    lineageos-png.5317459
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE/VoWifi
    Bugs:
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:
    Supported models
    • M2012K11AC - Redmi K40 China
    • M2012K11AI - Mi 11X India
    • M2012K11AG - POCO F3

Wiki:
    Installation :

Updating firmware :

Note:
    • Required firmware version must be same as here
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported.
    • Flashing lineageos through custom recovery is not supported and not advised. Use LineageOS Recovery instead. Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks), also using TWRP might break ota updates and cause other issues with LineageOS like bootloops.
    Bug reports:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed or mods.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.).
    • Report bugs here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/bugreport#reporting-a-bug
    Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Credits :

@SebaUbuntu

@Sahil_Sonar

DONATIONS : Paypal
    LineageOS 19.1 official build is out

Make sure follow steps before upgrading to lineage-19.1

- Follow this fresh install https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install
    - Follow this for upgrade https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/upgrade

- Install Android 12 Gapps after installing rom (if you use)
    - Update firmware to required firmware version MIUI 13.x.x builds (Based on Android 12).
    V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM 12.0 China
    V13.0.4.0.SKHEUXM 12.0 Europe
    V13.0.4.0.SKHINXM 12.0 India
    V13.0.2.0.SKHMIXM 12.0 Global

SafetyNet

By default LineageOS don't pass safetynet, why?- its explained here https://lineageos.org/Safetynet

Unofficial method to pass safetynet: ih8sn
    #ih8sn

- What does this do?

- Spoof build as a user build (lineage builds are userdebug).
    - Spoof bootloader unlock status.
    - Spoof build fingerprint as an old device (mi 8 in our case). Why ? Else its pain to pass without root.

- Requirements:
    - 🧠
    - 📱
    - 💻
    - Latest platform-tools from https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools or android studio.

- With adbroot
    1. Extract the ih8sn-aarch64.zip in a folder with 'adb' access or in platform-tools folder.
    2. Turn on USB debugging and Rooted debugging in Settings> System> Developer options.
    3. Connect phone to PC
    4. Open powershell/terminal in your location and run push script. (.sh/.ps1)
    ./push.ps1 (Windows)
    ./push.sh (Linux)
    5. Reboot

- With recovery
    1. Boot into recovery
    2. Apply update > Apply from ADB
    3. In terminal : adb sideload ih8sn-aarch64.zip
    4. Click yes for verification failed
    5. Reboot

Download:

Note:
    - Adding 60-ih8sn.sh file will keep the spoofing stay in ota updates.
    - I haven't properly tested recovery support.
    - Re-flash same ih8sn.zip/push-script to uninstall.

Source: https://github.com/althafvly/ih8sn/commits/alioth
    Updated build is UP (Check OP for link)

- Based on android-12.1.0_r2
    - Some features are up (like expandable volume panel)
    - Fixed recovery assert issue
    - https://download.lineageos.org/alioth/changes/