Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][12.1] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

barturblits

Jul 4, 2014
Got another bootloop after updating (previous update also). Restoring super and boot with a manual booted Foxrecovery and then changing slot back saved me this time. After this restore all magisk modules were disabled. With this information, anybody an idea what could be the problem? Something to do with the Magisk modules? After the failed update, I first tried to flash the recovery to the boot partition to disable Magisk but that did not help. Btw, after executing the update, I did the magisk OTA install. Always worked on A11. Might be the culprit here.

Reactions: duttyend

Jabelor

Jun 11, 2022
If theres anyone here using any of these models with lineageos, then please let me know which firmware version is working fine for you.

- POCO F3 Global : V13.0.3.0.SKHMIXM
- Mi 11X India : V13.0.6.0.SKHINXM
- POCO F3 Turkey : V13.0.1.0.SKHTRXM
- POCO F3 Taiwan : V13.0.1.0.SKHTWXM
- POCO F3 Indonesia : V13.0.2.0.SKHIDXM
- POCO F3 Russia : V13.0.2.0.SKHRUXM
- POCO F3 EEA : V13.0.6.0.SKHEUXM
- Redmi K40 China : V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM

Note : Broken firmware usually have audio/touch issues
Originally, i thought that i have 13.0.6.0 but it turns out i have 13.0.3.0 (SKHMIXM). I have no issues with LOS functions and everything works fine on 13.0.3.0.SKHMIXM (bluetooth, sound, calls, messages, 4G). The only thing i cannot test is VoLTE because i have no subscription with support for it.

Smultie

Apr 13, 2006
@althafvly

I dived some deeper into the 4G Calling issue.
What we found out is that vendor.prop (https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_sm8250-common/blob/lineage-19.1/vendor.prop#L241) refers to oem_sw_j11.txt

However, oem_sw_j11.txt has no reference to KPN (my provider).
Other files in the /data/vendor/modem_config do have reference to KPN:

alioth:/data/vendor/modem_config/mcfg_sw # grep -i kpn *.txt
mbn_eea.txt:mcfg_sw/generic/EU/KPN/Commercial/NL/mcfg_sw.mbn
mbn_sw.txt:mcfg_sw/generic/EU/KPN/Commercial/NL/mcfg_sw.mbn
oem_sw_l3a_eea.txt:mcfg_sw/generic/EU/KPN/Commercial/NL/mcfg_sw.mbn

Could that be the issue?
@althafvly could you maybe look at this? Thanks a lot

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL

Smultie

Apr 13, 2006
@althafvly I just updated the firmware to the correct version (I think it already was the correct one, but good to double check I guess) and I still have the issue where incoming calls show "Unknown number" whenever 4G calling is turned on.

I still think below is kind of suspect:

I dived some deeper into the 4G Calling issue. What we found out is that vendor.prop ([URL]https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_sm8250-common/blob/lineage-19.1/vendor.prop#L241[/URL]) refers to oem_sw_j11.txt However, oem_sw_j11.txt has no reference to KPN (my provider). Other files in the /data/vendor/modem_config do have reference to KPN: alioth:/data/vendor/modem_config/mcfg_sw # grep -i kpn *.txt mbn_eea.txt:mcfg_sw/generic/EU/KPN/Commercial/NL/mcfg_sw.mbn mbn_sw.txt:mcfg_sw/generic/EU/KPN/Commercial/NL/mcfg_sw.mbn oem_sw_l3a_eea.txt:mcfg_sw/generic/EU/KPN/Commercial/NL/mcfg_sw.mbn Could that be the issue?

but I'm not capable enough to fix this issue by myself. Is there any way I can assist you (or anyone else in this topic) with bugtracking?

Boracho

Mar 25, 2022
@althafvly
Okay, I got you.
That's quite different from how I've been flashing firmware before.

What's the reasoning behind this change?
That also interrests me. So far I was using ADB sideload for all firmware updates.

The article also states I should use the exact region of my phone. I have the indonesian version but use the global firmwares since around 10 months, and didnt encounter problems so far.

Whats the differences between those firmware regions anyways?

alfix8

Sep 25, 2021
@althafvly

The instructions for upgrading the firmware now describe extracting it with payload-dumper-go from the original ROM and then flashing the individual files through fastboot.

However, there are also flashable zips of the firmware available from xiaomifirmwareupdater.com which, as far as I can tell, are flashing exactly the same files in the same order.

Did you write the instructions for the firmware updates this way so users don't have to rely on third party websites to provide flashable zips or do those zips not work anymore for some reason?

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL
@althafvly

The instructions for upgrading the firmware now describe extracting it with payload-dumper-go from the original ROM and then flashing the individual files through fastboot.

However, there are also flashable zips of the firmware available from xiaomifirmwareupdater.com which, as far as I can tell, are flashing exactly the same files in the same order.

Did you write the instructions for the firmware updates this way so users don't have to rely on third party websites to provide flashable zips or do those zips not work anymore for some reason?
It's to avoid third party files, yes.

Reactions: duttyend and alfix8

Adam Hui

May 30, 2012
Jakarta
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thank you for the fast reply.

Just to clarify: As long as I personally think xiaomifirmwareupdater is trustworthy, there is no problem using the zips from there?
He was the dev. If we couldnt trust any single file he decided, what's worth a rom flashing for.
I believed miui has most dirty interest on users, including fw files. But as long as its propietaries, we have no option.

Last edited:

Zarssss

Aug 11, 2022
Can anyone help me?
I'm looking for real gaming roms with performing kernels.
Basically some combo roms and kernels for pure gaming and graphics;)
Thank you very much I hope to have answers

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Hello all,

For your information, the latest ROM build is working fine for me (and no loss of Magisk or modules in the update process).

The kernel has not been updated to 4.19.255 yet (you can follow mainstream releases at www.kernel.org).

The security string has been updated to 2022-08-05.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #ih8sn

- What does this do?

- Spoof build as a user build (lineage builds are userdebug).
    - Spoof bootloader unlock status.
    - Spoof build fingerprint as an old device (mi 8 in our case). Why ? Else its pain to pass without root. (No longer spoofs as mi 8, POCO F3 by default)

- Requirements:
    - 🧠
    - 📱
    - 💻
    - Latest platform-tools from https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools or android studio.

- With adbroot
    1. Extract the ih8sn-aarch64.zip in a folder with 'adb' access or in platform-tools folder.
    2. Turn on USB debugging and Rooted debugging in Settings> System> Developer options.
    3. Connect phone to PC
    4. Open powershell/terminal in your location and run push script. (.sh/.ps1)
    ./push.ps1 (Windows)
    ./push.sh (Linux)
    5. Reboot

- With recovery
    1. Boot into recovery (Volume UP + Power)
    2. Apply update > Apply from ADB
    3. In terminal : adb sideload ih8sn-aarch64.zip
    4. Click yes for verification failed
    5. Reboot

Download:

Note:
    - Adding 60-ih8sn.sh file will keep the spoofing stay in ota updates.
    - Re-flash same ih8sn.zip/push-script to uninstall.

Source: https://github.com/althafvly/ih8sn/commits/alioth

Updated ih8sn package. No longer as Mi 8.
    CTS profile match: Fail
    ih8sn will get removed if its already installed. Flash again to get it installed.
    Is there any idea how to change status bar' tiles sizes (count of columns)?
    I have exactly the same configuration you reported, but no issue so far from notification perspective.
    Specifically for gmail, I had a similar issue last year (in that case no notification at all for received emails), I "solved" cleaning cache and data for that app
    I decided to give ih8sn a try today. So far I passed safetynet with MagiskHide props config and Universal safetynet fix. I disabled both modules and rebooted into recovery -> sideload ih8sn. After reboot I checked status with YASNAC but it won't pass! Both basic integrity and CTS failed. I decided to try it again, uninstall/install ih8sn via recovery, but it didn't work! Can anyone give my tips on that?

So far my setup is working to pass safetynet, however with ih8sn I can get rid of two magisk modules.
    Use Magisk Delta, turn off Zygisk and it will work fine. Although I don't understand why not use the modules, since you got Magisk anyway.
    lineageos-png.5317459
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE/VoWifi
    Bugs:
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:
    Supported models
    • M2012K11AC - Redmi K40 China
    • M2012K11AI - Mi 11X India
    • M2012K11AG - POCO F3

Wiki:
    Installation :

Updating firmware :

Note:
    • Required firmware version must be same as here
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported.
    • Flashing lineageos through custom recovery is not supported and not advised. Use LineageOS Recovery instead. Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks), also using TWRP might break ota updates and cause other issues with LineageOS like bootloops.
    Bug reports:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed or Magisk mods.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.).
    • Report bugs here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/bugreport#reporting-a-bug
    Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Credits :

@SebaUbuntu

@Sahil_Sonar

DONATIONS : Paypal
    LineageOS 19.1 official build is out

Make sure follow steps before upgrading to lineage-19.1

- Follow this fresh install https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install
    - Follow this for upgrade https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/upgrade

- Install Android 12 Gapps after installing rom (if you use)
    - Update firmware to required firmware version MIUI 13.x.x builds (Based on Android 12).
    V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM 12.0 China
    V13.0.4.0.SKHEUXM 12.0 Europe
    V13.0.4.0.SKHINXM 12.0 India
    V13.0.2.0.SKHMIXM 12.0 Global

SafetyNet

By default LineageOS don't pass safetynet, why?- its explained here https://lineageos.org/Safetynet

Unofficial method to pass safetynet: ih8sn
    #ih8sn

- What does this do?

- Spoof build as a user build (lineage builds are userdebug).
    - Spoof bootloader unlock status.
    - Spoof security patch date to match build. (Due to this you will see out of date android security patch warning in lineage privacy trust section, ignore it)

- Requirements:
    - 🧠
    - 📱
    - 💻
    - Latest platform-tools

Download: https://github.com/sdm870/ih8sn/releases/tag/latest-kona

- With adbroot
    1. Extract the ih8sn-aarch64.zip in a folder with 'adb' access or in platform-tools folder.
    2. Turn on USB debugging and Rooted debugging in Settings> System> Developer options.
    3. Connect phone to PC
    4. Open powershell/terminal in your location and run push script. (.sh/.ps1)
    ./push.ps1 (Windows)
    ./push.sh (Linux)
    5. Reboot

- With recovery
    1. Boot into recovery (Volume UP + Power)
    2. Apply update > Apply from ADB
    3. In terminal : adb sideload ih8sn-aarch64.zip
    4. Click yes for verification failed
    5. Reboot

Note:
    - Spoofing stays in ota updates.
    - Might not work with magisk installed.
    - Re-flash same ih8sn.zip/push-script to uninstall.

Source: GitHub
    Updated build is UP (Check OP for link)

- Based on android-12.1.0_r2
    - Some features are up (like expandable volume panel)
    - Fixed recovery assert issue
    - https://download.lineageos.org/alioth/changes/