Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][12.1] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

wora92

Sep 19, 2019
Hello folks,

using Poco F3 with LineageOS 19.1. All good but it seems GPS is not working. I cannot get a fix at all or it takes ages (10 minutes or longer). Any idea what could be wrong?

I am running plain LineageOS, no GAPPS, no microg, no Magisk or whatever. How to get GPS working?

Thanks!

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Hello all,

For your information, the latest ROM build is working fine for me (and no loss of root or modules in the OTA update process along with Lineage Recovery).

The kernel has not been updated to 4.19.258 yet (you can follow mainstream releases at www.kernel.org).

The security string has been updated to 2022-09-05.

I haven't tried to use newer firmwares again (> V13.0.3) yet. If someone could test that, it would be helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryo99

mu-sensei

Mar 30, 2011
I tested freshly flashed fastboot 13.0.5.0 on my Poco F3 Global to reinstall this. No Audio, but didn't see any touch issues. does 13.0.3.0 still eats battery like nothing else?

Reactions: duttyend

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
I tested freshly flashed fastboot 13.0.5.0 on my Poco F3 Global to reinstall this. No Audio, but didn't see any touch issues. does 13.0.3.0 still eats battery like nothing else?
Ok, thanks for testing.
Regarding battery life on firmware 13.0.3.0, I'm not noticing anything weird, pretty good battery life for me (Magisk 25.2 + LiteGapps 2.6)

Reactions: mu-sensei

mu-sensei

Mar 30, 2011
Well, my consumption nearly tripled when compared to 12.5.6.0 + LOS 18.1, but I'm using nikgapps. I'll look up Litegapps, maybe give them a try and see if it helps.

Reactions: duttyend

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Well, my consumption nearly tripled when compared to 12.5.6.0 + LOS 18.1, but I'm using nikgapps. I'll look up Litegapps, maybe give them a try and see if it helps.
Ok, keep us informed, these are serious allegations.
I'm using the "[AUTO]LiteGapps_arm64_12.1_v2.6_official.zip" module which is only 57 MB and works perfectly for my usage, no weird stuff that doesn't work for some apps or anything like that

mu-sensei

Mar 30, 2011
I always use the smallest package, and I also disable a few apps and functions I don't use (VPN, Printer Services, voice recognition / TTS, etc), and this last clean install at least doesn't seem to be 'leaky' like the ones before, so I'll keep it for the time being (this is my daily driver), as unfortunately there are other things requiring my attention. As a last note, battery data from the last charge accused Android System of 12% energy consumption, against 1% of the screen, 1% of Google services and 1% of play store, and this is while I was downloading my apps (Yes, Genshin and Honkai account for nearly 400% each, but they are heavy games.) Is this normal? (didn't took a print, I forgot).

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
I always use the smallest package, and I also disable a few apps and functions I don't use (VPN, Printer Services, voice recognition / TTS, etc), and this last clean install at least doesn't seem to be 'leaky' like the ones before, so I'll keep it for the time being (this is my daily driver), as unfortunately there are other things requiring my attention. As a last note, battery data from the last charge accused Android System of 12% energy consumption, against 1% of the screen, 1% of Google services and 1% of play store, and this is while I was downloading my apps (Yes, Genshin and Honkai account for nearly 400% each, but they are heavy games.) Is this normal? (didn't took a print, I forgot).
Ok, good. I don't know for sure regarding your energy consumption percentages (can't compare to mine because I'm limiting the charge to 75% with ACC module), but it seems pretty decent to me.

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Hello all,

For your information, the latest ROM build is working fine for me (and no loss of root or modules in the OTA update process along with Lineage Recovery).

The kernel has not been upstreamed to 4.19.259 yet (you can follow mainstream releases at www.kernel.org).

Reactions: Smultie

Parideboy

Feb 1, 2015
Italy
Hi everyone, I'm currently running an older build of LineageOS (20220730 I belive) with orangefox recovery.
Is it safe for me to perform an OTA update from the os? Or should I download and flash teh zip from the recovery?

Thanks in advance

Reloraii22

Sep 27, 2022
Hi there,

I've ran into a bug that started occuring after updating to the release of the 17th of September. This was however the first update I performed since installing this rom back in June, so I can't pinpoint when this came about. Audio over USB-C to AUX appears to be broken. Wired headphones are detected when they are plugged in, but they only at most get sent the initial bit of sound before not emitting any sound at all. Both audio over Bluetooth and over the internal speakers work appropriately, so it's really only anything wired.

The developer setting "Disable USB audio routing" is not enabled, so that's not the problem. Disabling the audiofx app that comes with Lineage also did not help to fix the issue. The correct (global) firmware is installed. I even went out of my way to reflash the parts of the (again, correct) firmware described in the installation guide to make sure that wasn't the issue.

If anyone knows what may be up, help would be much appreciated!

RCkiller

May 11, 2011
Lleida, ES
Hi there,

I've ran into a bug that started occuring after updating to the release of the 17th of September. This was however the first update I performed since installing this rom back in June, so I can't pinpoint when this came about. Audio over USB-C to AUX appears to be broken. Wired headphones are detected when they are plugged in, but they only at most get sent the initial bit of sound before not emitting any sound at all. Both audio over Bluetooth and over the internal speakers work appropriately, so it's really only anything wired.

The developer setting "Disable USB audio routing" is not enabled, so that's not the problem. Disabling the audiofx app that comes with Lineage also did not help to fix the issue. The correct (global) firmware is installed. I even went out of my way to reflash the parts of the (again, correct) firmware described in the installation guide to make sure that wasn't the issue.

If anyone knows what may be up, help would be much appreciated!
I am using 3.5 headphones almost everyday with the Xiaomi adapter and have not noticed any problem with any version. Maybe you could check the headphones elsewhere or your adapter on another phone to rule out a hardware issue.

Trewa Wertz

Sep 27, 2022
First things first: Thanks for the great rom and all the work you put in it!

I've also experienced issues with battery life. Sometimes the phone doesn't go into deep sleep at all, resulting in a ~2%/h drain when idle.
I run firmware version V13.0.6.0.SKHEUXM and "19-20220915-microG-alioth", the phone is also rooted.
So microG or Magisk could be the culprits (if likely, please feel free to ignore the post. Maybe someone with a clean install has the same issues and can check?)

I tried to pinpoint the problem using BetteryBatteryStats. I don't know if it helps but there were 2 processes that seemed suspicious to me:
Kernel Wakelock tab: "c440000.qcom,spmi:qcom,[email protected]:qpnp,fg" which was at 100%
Alarms tab: "Android" with a lot of "WifiConnectivitymanager Schedule Periodic Scan Timer" alarms

The workaround I found was to reboot the phone multiple times until you get a "lucky" session where deep sleep works (checked with Kernel Adiuter). Both processes mentioned above behave normally in that situation. Makes a huge difference in battery life.

Reloraii22

Sep 27, 2022
I am using 3.5 headphones almost everyday with the Xiaomi adapter and have not noticed any problem with any version. Maybe you could check the headphones elsewhere or your adapter on another phone to rule out a hardware issue.
Thanks for the swiftness. I did actually go through these steps as well. It's neither the adapter, nor the cable, which I verified using the adapter on different devices and switching out the cable for a different one. The strange part is that audio over USB-C and AUX used to work on that initial build I installed, which is why I'm confused about it. The annoying part is not updating sooner, which again means I can't figure out if this is an issue of being updated in general or if this is a build specific issue.

booci

Jan 28, 2009
Buzau
Thanks for the swiftness. I did actually go through these steps as well. It's neither the adapter, nor the cable, which I verified using the adapter on different devices and switching out the cable for a different one. The strange part is that audio over USB-C and AUX used to work on that initial build I installed, which is why I'm confused about it. The annoying part is not updating sooner, which again means I can't figure out if this is an issue of being updated in general or if this is a build specific issue.
Maybe this is what you're looking for.

oldmanhouse

Nov 3, 2011
Anybody else having issues with some notifications not coming through? If I get a call (via whatsapp, or cell) I get an immediate notification but if I get a message via Whatsapp or GMail then I don't see a notification until I unlock.. I've seen threads about this on MIUI but not LOS

using lineage-19.1-20220924-nightly / MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605 / Magisk-v25.2 / original FW V13.0.6.0.SKHEUXM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial LineageOS-20.0 build for alioth/aliothin

- Download

Known bugs:
    - None

Note:
    - Do not try to upgrade from official LineageOS-19.1
    - Installation is same as LineageOS-19.1
    - Required firmware is same as LineageOS-19.1
    - GAPPS build includes ih8sn.
    - No guaranteed updates for these builds.
    - Report bugs with logs
    I want to put Lineage on my alioth. What's the eta for Android 13? A week, a month?
    3 years
    Amigos,
    Just to let you know that firmware V13.0.9.0.SKHEUXM is working fine for me with latest LineageOS build.
    Ok, thanks. So LOS exists only for this Xiaomi model? I'm deciding what to buy for black friday and I want something that has both a great camera and LOS support. i don't see any reference to Ultra here, so I guess it's only for this model..
    These are the Xiaomi models currently officially supported by LineageOS. However, you can search the XDA subforum for a specific device to check if maybe there is unofficial development by someone independent. Do note that your luck regarding quality of unofficial ROMS may vary.
    I asked for the firmware not LOS ;)
    They obviously meant any problem with the latest builds and the firmware you asked for. ;)
    lineageos-png.5317459
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE/VoWifi
    Bugs:
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:

Wiki:

Note:
    • Must follow installation wiki for this device.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported.
    • Flashing LineageOS through custom recovery is not supported and not advised. Use LineageOS Recovery instead. Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks), also using TWRP might break ota updates and cause other issues with LineageOS like bootloops.
    Bug reports:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, recovery or Xposed or Magisk mods.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.).
    • Report bugs here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/bugreport#reporting-a-bug

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Credits :

@SebaUbuntu

@Sahil_Sonar

DONATIONS : Paypal
    LineageOS 19.1 official build is out

Make sure follow steps before upgrading to lineage-19.1

- Follow this fresh install https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install
    - Follow this for upgrade https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/upgrade

- Install Android 12 Gapps after installing rom (if you use)
    - Update firmware to required firmware version MIUI 13.x.x builds (Based on Android 12).
    V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM 12.0 China
    V13.0.4.0.SKHEUXM 12.0 Europe
    V13.0.4.0.SKHINXM 12.0 India
    V13.0.2.0.SKHMIXM 12.0 Global

SafetyNet

By default LineageOS doesn't pass SafetyNet, why?, Check here https://lineageos.org/Safetynet

You can use this unofficial method to pass SafetyNet: ih8sn
    #ih8sn

- What does this do?

- Spoof build as a user build (lineage builds are userdebug).
    - Spoof bootloader unlock status.
    - Spoof security patch date to match build. (Due to this you will see out of date android security patch warning in lineage privacy trust section, ignore it)

- Requirements:
    - 🧠
    - 📱
    - 💻
    - Latest platform-tools

Download: https://github.com/sdm870/ih8sn/releases/tag/latest-kona

- With adbroot
    1. Extract the ih8sn-aarch64.zip in a folder with 'adb' access or in platform-tools folder.
    2. Turn on USB debugging and Rooted debugging in Settings> System> Developer options.
    3. Connect phone to PC
    4. Open powershell/terminal in your location and run push script. (.sh/.ps1)
    ./push.ps1 (Windows)
    ./push.sh (Linux)
    5. Reboot

- With recovery
    1. Boot into recovery (Volume UP + Power)
    2. Apply update > Apply from ADB
    3. In terminal : adb sideload ih8sn-aarch64.zip
    4. Click yes for verification failed
    5. Reboot

Note:
    - Spoofing stays in ota updates.
    - Might not work with magisk installed.
    - Re-flash same ih8sn.zip/push-script to uninstall.

Source: GitHub
    Unofficial LineageOS-20.0 build for alioth/aliothin

- Download

Known bugs:
    - None

Note:
    - Do not try to upgrade from official LineageOS-19.1
    - Installation is same as LineageOS-19.1
    - Required firmware is same as LineageOS-19.1
    - GAPPS build includes ih8sn.
    - No guaranteed updates for these builds.
    - Report bugs with logs