Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][12.1] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

damonke

Sep 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
First things first: Thanks for the great rom and all the work you put in it!

I've also experienced issues with battery life. Sometimes the phone doesn't go into deep sleep at all, resulting in a ~2%/h drain when idle.
I run firmware version V13.0.6.0.SKHEUXM and "19-20220915-microG-alioth", the phone is also rooted.
So microG or Magisk could be the culprits (if likely, please feel free to ignore the post. Maybe someone with a clean install has the same issues and can check?)

I tried to pinpoint the problem using BetteryBatteryStats. I don't know if it helps but there were 2 processes that seemed suspicious to me:
Kernel Wakelock tab: "c440000.qcom,spmi:qcom,[email protected]:qpnp,fg" which was at 100%
Alarms tab: "Android" with a lot of "WifiConnectivitymanager Schedule Periodic Scan Timer" alarms

The workaround I found was to reboot the phone multiple times until you get a "lucky" session where deep sleep works (checked with Kernel Adiuter). Both processes mentioned above behave normally in that situation. Makes a huge difference in battery life.
I have seen that c44... one often too. Don't know about the Wifi one.

I also have similar issues with 'lucky sessions', but for me I see it in the frequency the Little cores scale down to. Should go to 691, but is often stuck at 787 or so. But sometimes after a reboot this problem doesn't happen for a long time.

Reactions: duttyend

Reloraii22

Sep 27, 2022
Maybe this is what you're looking for.
Update: these files are present and running (/system/vendor/etc/), which means they can't be edited to something else on the device itself. It makes sense for these to be in there, because I guess this is what is compiled and then added to in order to create the rom for this specific device. Other new information: AudioFX detects the headphones correctly by listing the adapter when inserted with headphones. I guess I should try to downgrade to a version prior to the addition of these files to see if it makes a difference, but I don't know if that is either possible or ill-advised. Some pointers on that would be appreciated.

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Update: these files are present and running (/system/vendor/etc/), which means they can't be edited to something else on the device itself. It makes sense for these to be in there, because I guess this is what is compiled and then added to in order to create the rom for this specific device. Other new information: AudioFX detects the headphones correctly by listing the adapter when inserted with headphones. I guess I should try to downgrade to a version prior to the addition of these files to see if it makes a difference, but I don't know if that is either possible or ill-advised. Some pointers on that would be appreciated.
Regarding the downgrade, be very careful: from my understanding, you cannot go further than the current Android security patch you're running if you want to keep your data

skeldonErisa

Sep 21, 2022
Hi, wondering if anyone has USB audio working on the latest update. Not sure why but USB audio does not seem to work and I am not sure how to troubleshoot it. "Disable USB audio routing" is toggled off in Developer options and I do see my device being detected on my phone. Just can't get any sound from it

RCkiller

May 11, 2011
Lleida, ES
Hi, wondering if anyone has USB audio working on the latest update. Not sure why but USB audio does not seem to work and I am not sure how to troubleshoot it. "Disable USB audio routing" is toggled off in Developer options and I do see my device being detected on my phone. Just can't get any sound from it
Just tested it and everything works fine, the sound plays normally. I use a 3.5 to Type-C adapter. Are there any specific logs to send that might help?

Screenshot_20221008-144524_Spotify.png Screenshot_20221008-144602_Settings.png

Last edited:

skeldonErisa

Sep 21, 2022
If it works for you, maybe it is just me. I will try to see if I can find a 3.5mm to Type-C adapter and check if that works. I only have portable USB DACs haha

As for logs, not sure how to get them. Will try to test with a 3.5mm to Type-C adapter first

degoogled

Apr 26, 2020
Hello, I'm hoping someone here can help me with me being stuck with migrating from LineageOS 18 to 19.
In order to migrate I followed the following steps:

My Model is M2012K11AG - POCO F3

Update the firmware​

I followed the instructions from https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/fw_update
I checked my device with
https://www.mi.com/global/verify#/en/tab/imei
Congratulations! You can be assured the phone you have purchased is the official international version.

I downloaded the EEA firmware: POCO F3 Global - V13.0.3.0.SKHMIXM
And extracted the firmware
payload-dumper-go_1.2.2_linux_amd64/payload-dumper-go -o . miui_*.zip Please wait while extracting payload.bin from the archive. payload.bin: /tmp/payload_286035148.bin Payload Version: 2 Payload Manifest Length: 227670 Payload Manifest Signature Length: 267 Found partitions: abl (209 kB), aop (205 kB), bluetooth (422 kB), boot (134 MB), cmnlib (397 kB), cmnlib64 (516 kB), devcfg (57 kB), dsp (67 MB), dtbo (34 MB), featenabler (90 kB), hyp (446 kB), imagefv (2.1 MB), keymaster (283 kB), modem (286 MB), odm (134 MB), product (1.7 GB), qupfw (57 kB), system (3.5 GB), system_ext (590 MB), tz (3.2 MB), uefisecapp (127 kB), vbmeta (8.2 kB), vbmeta_system (4.1 kB), vendor (1.7 GB), vendor_boot (101 MB), xbl (3.6 MB), xbl_config (102 kB) Number of workers: 4 abl (209 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % aop (205 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % bluetooth (422 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % boot (134 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % cmnlib (397 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % cmnlib64 (516 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % devcfg (57 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % dtbo (34 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % featenabler (90 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % hyp (446 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % dsp (67 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % imagefv (2.1 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % keymaster (283 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % modem (286 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % odm (134 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % product (1.7 GB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % qupfw (57 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % system (3.5 GB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % system_ext (590 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % tz (3.2 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % uefisecapp (127 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % vbmeta (8.2 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % vbmeta_system (4.1 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % vendor (1.7 GB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % vendor_boot (101 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % xbl (3.6 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % xbl_config (102 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 %

Then I rebooted my device into the bootloader and flashed the firmware:
fastboot devices f881f94a fastboot fastboot flash abl_ab abl.img fastboot flash aop_ab aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth_ab bluetooth.img fastboot flash cmnlib_ab cmnlib.img fastboot flash cmnlib64_ab cmnlib64.img fastboot flash devcfg_ab devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp_ab dsp.img fastboot flash featenabler_ab featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp_ab hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv_ab imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster_ab keymaster.img fastboot flash modem_ab modem.img fastboot flash qupfw_ab qupfw.img fastboot flash tz_ab tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp_ab uefisecapp.img fastboot flash xbl_ab xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config_ab xbl_config.img Sending 'abl_ab' (204 KB) OKAY [ 0.012s] Writing 'abl_ab' (bootloader) Partition abl_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition abl_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.003s] Finished. Total time: 0.029s Sending 'aop_ab' (200 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s] Writing 'aop_ab' (bootloader) Partition aop_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition aop_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.002s] Finished. Total time: 0.028s Sending 'bluetooth_ab' (412 KB) OKAY [ 0.015s] Writing 'bluetooth_ab' (bootloader) Partition bluetooth_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition bluetooth_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.004s] Finished. Total time: 0.029s Sending 'cmnlib_ab' (388 KB) OKAY [ 0.015s] Writing 'cmnlib_ab' (bootloader) Partition cmnlib_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition cmnlib_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.003s] Finished. Total time: 0.028s Sending 'cmnlib64_ab' (504 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s] Writing 'cmnlib64_ab' (bootloader) Partition cmnlib64_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition cmnlib64_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.003s] Finished. Total time: 0.029s Sending 'devcfg_ab' (56 KB) OKAY [ 0.005s] Writing 'devcfg_ab' (bootloader) Partition devcfg_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition devcfg_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.002s] Finished. Total time: 0.017s Sending 'dsp_ab' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.597s] Writing 'dsp_ab' (bootloader) Partition dsp_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition dsp_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.171s] Finished. Total time: 1.778s Sending 'featenabler_ab' (88 KB) OKAY [ 0.007s] Writing 'featenabler_ab' (bootloader) Partition featenabler_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition featenabler_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.003s] Finished. Total time: 0.030s Sending 'hyp_ab' (436 KB) OKAY [ 0.015s] Writing 'hyp_ab' (bootloader) Partition hyp_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition hyp_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.004s] Finished. Total time: 0.029s Sending 'imagefv_ab' (2048 KB) OKAY [ 0.075s] Writing 'imagefv_ab' (bootloader) Partition imagefv_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition imagefv_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.010s] Finished. Total time: 0.095s Sending 'keymaster_ab' (276 KB) OKAY [ 0.019s] Writing 'keymaster_ab' (bootloader) Partition keymaster_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition keymaster_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.007s] Finished. Total time: 0.036s Sending 'modem_ab' (279132 KB) OKAY [ 6.903s] Writing 'modem_ab' (bootloader) Partition modem_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition modem_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.714s] Finished. Total time: 7.626s Sending 'qupfw_ab' (56 KB) OKAY [ 0.005s] Writing 'qupfw_ab' (bootloader) Partition qupfw_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition qupfw_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.013s] Finished. Total time: 0.037s Sending 'tz_ab' (3116 KB) OKAY [ 0.096s] Writing 'tz_ab' (bootloader) Partition tz_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition tz_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.017s] Finished. Total time: 0.122s Sending 'uefisecapp_ab' (124 KB) OKAY [ 0.010s] Writing 'uefisecapp_ab' (bootloader) Partition uefisecapp_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition uefisecapp_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.003s] Finished. Total time: 0.024s Sending 'xbl_ab' (3480 KB) OKAY [ 0.105s] Writing 'xbl_ab' (bootloader) Partition xbl_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition xbl_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.019s] Finished. Total time: 0.134s Sending 'xbl_config_ab' (100 KB) OKAY [ 0.008s] Writing 'xbl_config_ab' (bootloader) Partition xbl_config_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition xbl_config_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.002s] Finished. Total time: 0.021s

Flashing recovery​

I rebooted into the bootloader and then flashed recovery and attempted to boot into it
fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20221008-recovery-alioth.img fastboot reboot-recovery

However, I don't get booted into recovery, but my phone vibrates at the POCO logo and the reboots into fastboot.
I tried:
- Manual rebooting with Volume Down + Power buttons
- Using a different recovery image, but get the same problem
- Erasing data:
fastboot -w fastboot erase boot fastboot erase boot_a fastboot erase boot_b
- Switching to a different partition
fastboot --set-active=a
- Booting without flashing:
fastboot boot lineage-19.1-20221008-recovery-alioth.img

However, I could not get into recovery with any of these options.
So now I'm stuck in fastboot without being able to boot into recovery to flash LineageOS 19.1 itself.
Did something go wrong with my firmware update or did I make a mistake somewhere else?

Last edited:

Boracho

Mar 25, 2022
Hello, I'm hoping someone here can help me with me being stuck with migrating from LineageOS 18 to 19.

Update the firmware​

I followed the instructions from https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/fw_update
I checked my device with
Congratulations! You can be assured the phone you have purchased is the official international version.

payload-dumper-go_1.2.2_linux_amd64/payload-dumper-go -o . miui_*.zip Please wait while extracting payload.bin from the archive. payload.bin: /tmp/payload_286035148.bin Payload Version: 2 Payload Manifest Length: 227670 Payload Manifest Signature Length: 267 Found partitions: abl (209 kB), aop (205 kB), bluetooth (422 kB), boot (134 MB), cmnlib (397 kB), cmnlib64 (516 kB), devcfg (57 kB), dsp (67 MB), dtbo (34 MB), featenabler (90 kB), hyp (446 kB), imagefv (2.1 MB), keymaster (283 kB), modem (286 MB), odm (134 MB), product (1.7 GB), qupfw (57 kB), system (3.5 GB), system_ext (590 MB), tz (3.2 MB), uefisecapp (127 kB), vbmeta (8.2 kB), vbmeta_system (4.1 kB), vendor (1.7 GB), vendor_boot (101 MB), xbl (3.6 MB), xbl_config (102 kB) Number of workers: 4 abl (209 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % aop (205 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % bluetooth (422 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % boot (134 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % cmnlib (397 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % cmnlib64 (516 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % devcfg (57 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % dtbo (34 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % featenabler (90 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % hyp (446 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % dsp (67 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % imagefv (2.1 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % keymaster (283 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % modem (286 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % odm (134 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % product (1.7 GB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % qupfw (57 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % system (3.5 GB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % system_ext (590 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % tz (3.2 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % uefisecapp (127 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % vbmeta (8.2 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % vbmeta_system (4.1 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % vendor (1.7 GB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % vendor_boot (101 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % xbl (3.6 MB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 % xbl_config (102 kB) [====================================================================================================================================] 100 %

fastboot devices f881f94a fastboot fastboot flash abl_ab abl.img fastboot flash aop_ab aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth_ab bluetooth.img fastboot flash cmnlib_ab cmnlib.img fastboot flash cmnlib64_ab cmnlib64.img fastboot flash devcfg_ab devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp_ab dsp.img fastboot flash featenabler_ab featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp_ab hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv_ab imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster_ab keymaster.img fastboot flash modem_ab modem.img fastboot flash qupfw_ab qupfw.img fastboot flash tz_ab tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp_ab uefisecapp.img fastboot flash xbl_ab xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config_ab xbl_config.img Sending 'abl_ab' (204 KB) OKAY [ 0.012s] Writing 'abl_ab' (bootloader) Partition abl_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition abl_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.003s] Finished. Total time: 0.029s Sending 'aop_ab' (200 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s] Writing 'aop_ab' (bootloader) Partition aop_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition aop_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.002s] Finished. Total time: 0.028s Sending 'bluetooth_ab' (412 KB) OKAY [ 0.015s] Writing 'bluetooth_ab' (bootloader) Partition bluetooth_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition bluetooth_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.004s] Finished. Total time: 0.029s Sending 'cmnlib_ab' (388 KB) OKAY [ 0.015s] Writing 'cmnlib_ab' (bootloader) Partition cmnlib_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition cmnlib_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.003s] Finished. Total time: 0.028s Sending 'cmnlib64_ab' (504 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s] Writing 'cmnlib64_ab' (bootloader) Partition cmnlib64_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition cmnlib64_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.003s] Finished. Total time: 0.029s Sending 'devcfg_ab' (56 KB) OKAY [ 0.005s] Writing 'devcfg_ab' (bootloader) Partition devcfg_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition devcfg_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.002s] Finished. Total time: 0.017s Sending 'dsp_ab' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.597s] Writing 'dsp_ab' (bootloader) Partition dsp_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition dsp_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.171s] Finished. Total time: 1.778s Sending 'featenabler_ab' (88 KB) OKAY [ 0.007s] Writing 'featenabler_ab' (bootloader) Partition featenabler_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition featenabler_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.003s] Finished. Total time: 0.030s Sending 'hyp_ab' (436 KB) OKAY [ 0.015s] Writing 'hyp_ab' (bootloader) Partition hyp_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition hyp_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.004s] Finished. Total time: 0.029s Sending 'imagefv_ab' (2048 KB) OKAY [ 0.075s] Writing 'imagefv_ab' (bootloader) Partition imagefv_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition imagefv_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.010s] Finished. Total time: 0.095s Sending 'keymaster_ab' (276 KB) OKAY [ 0.019s] Writing 'keymaster_ab' (bootloader) Partition keymaster_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition keymaster_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.007s] Finished. Total time: 0.036s Sending 'modem_ab' (279132 KB) OKAY [ 6.903s] Writing 'modem_ab' (bootloader) Partition modem_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition modem_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.714s] Finished. Total time: 7.626s Sending 'qupfw_ab' (56 KB) OKAY [ 0.005s] Writing 'qupfw_ab' (bootloader) Partition qupfw_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition qupfw_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.013s] Finished. Total time: 0.037s Sending 'tz_ab' (3116 KB) OKAY [ 0.096s] Writing 'tz_ab' (bootloader) Partition tz_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition tz_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.017s] Finished. Total time: 0.122s Sending 'uefisecapp_ab' (124 KB) OKAY [ 0.010s] Writing 'uefisecapp_ab' (bootloader) Partition uefisecapp_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition uefisecapp_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.003s] Finished. Total time: 0.024s Sending 'xbl_ab' (3480 KB) OKAY [ 0.105s] Writing 'xbl_ab' (bootloader) Partition xbl_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition xbl_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.019s] Finished. Total time: 0.134s Sending 'xbl_config_ab' (100 KB) OKAY [ 0.008s] Writing 'xbl_config_ab' (bootloader) Partition xbl_config_a flashed successfully (bootloader) Partition xbl_config_b flashed successfully OKAY [ 0.002s] Finished. Total time: 0.021s

Flashing recovery​

I rebooted into the bootloader and then flashed recovery and attempted to boot into it
fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20221008-recovery-alioth.img fastboot reboot-recovery

However, I don't get booted into recovery, but my phone vibrates at the POCO logo and the reboots into fastboot.
I tried:
- Manual rebooting with Volume Up + Power buttons
- Erasing data:
fastboot --set-active=a

So now I'm stuck in fastboot without being able to boot into recovery to flash LineageOS 19.1 itself.
Did something go wrong with my firmware update or did I make a mistake somewhere else?
I can be mistaken but wasn't the combination for recovery volume down + power?

Maybe you can try the complete firmware package from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/alioth/ it's easier to flash. Maybe give it a fresh start after factory reset and or flash stock before starting all over.

Try flashing fastboot over USB 2.0 port if you have one. I couldn't flash mine over 3.0 due to some weird bug.

Make sure you use up to date android skd tools.

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL

Update the firmware​

I checked my device with

Flashing recovery​

I tried:
- Manual rebooting with Volume Up + Power buttons
- Erasing data:
fastboot --set-active=a

You need to follow official instructions. You didn't flash vendor_boot. Why wiping boot?. Where did you get those instructions?

degoogled

Apr 26, 2020
I can be mistaken but wasn't the combination for recovery volume down + power?

Maybe you can try the complete firmware package from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/alioth/ it's easier to flash. Maybe give it a fresh start after factory reset and or flash stock before starting all over.

Try flashing fastboot over USB 2.0 port if you have one. I couldn't flash mine over 3.0 due to some weird bug.

Make sure you use up to date android skd tools.
My bad it was indeed that key combination that I mistook because of the amount of times I went into fastboot.
Now I flashed MIUI 13, which was working then tried flashing LineageOS recovery image, but still didn't work.
I know it is not recommended to do this, but then flashed TWRP for alioth and was able to flash LineageOS after wiping. So, not sure what will happen if I try to perform OTA update in the future.
However, it is working fine so far.

You need to follow official instructions. You didn't flash vendor_boot. Why wiping boot?. Where did you get those instructions?
I followed the instructions at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/fw_update, there vendor_boot is not included in the firmware flash. Could this be why I wasn't able to boot into the LineageOS recovery image?
I was only wiping boot because I could not get the recovery image to work by flashing it to a boot partition. So I was Googling and found someone saying this might help. Because following the instructions left me stuck in fastboot mode.

Last edited:

Jabelor

Jun 11, 2022
Oh you got me thinking on the day you wrote this so i spent one day listening to music and making calls using usb-c to 3.5mm adapter received with the phone. If we put aside bad audio quality out of the box, for listening to music without meddling with eq, everything worked as it should. I dont think it makes any difference but i have disabled usb connection to the phone using Trust centre but earphones were recognised as earphones without issues and everything worked.

@booci be a dear and inform us about the progress and tests with latest firmware, it might do us some good in the long run.

@All not sure if anybody tried but i rarely have a chance to use NFC. I have got a chance to read some wallet tags, leading to a website with details about it, and it worked like a charm. I took one so i can test it out a bit so i am curious: is there a way to perhaps scan an NFC tag and choose what to do with the action? Right now it just starts webpage from my sample tag meaning it can be abused in a way, right?

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL
My bad it was indeed that key combination that I mistook because of the amount of times I went into fastboot.
Now I flashed MIUI 13, which was working then tried flashing LineageOS recovery image, but still didn't work.
I know it is not recommended to do this, but then flashed TWRP for alioth and was able to flash LineageOS after wiping. So, not sure what will happen if I try to perform OTA update in the future.
However, it is working fine so far.

I followed the instructions at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/fw_update, there vendor_boot is not included in the firmware flash. Could this be why I wasn't able to boot into the LineageOS recovery image?
I was only wiping boot because I could not get the recovery image to work by flashing it to a boot partition. So I was Googling and found someone saying this might help. Because following the instructions left me stuck in fastboot mode.
Install guide: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install

cgb.spender

Dec 6, 2013
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Since during these days I had an issue with my domestic Wi-Fi, I've had to fully rely on hotspot. I found out a strange behavior: in case the hotspot is automatically turned off because no devices are connected to it anymore, the phone correctly displays the notification stating that tethering has been disabled, but it's no more possible to reactivate it until you reboot system.
Have you ever experienced this issue?
I'm on last build and recommended FW (EU)

Rishbahsgr

Feb 22, 2020
New Delhi
high battery drian when compared to stock miui(refreshrate is set to 60) in miui i get around 7~8hr SOT but in lineage os using latest build with offically suggested firmware i am getting 6hr30min(refresh rate set to 60) of max SOT same setiing as MIUI unrooted.
Mi 11X India V13.0.6.0.SKHINXM
Screenshot_2022-09-30-17-35-39-691_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Tommil

Oct 31, 2015

Top Liked Posts

Please, see file attached.

Is that what you're looking for? If so, enable the option below

Settings > System > Buttons > Power menu > Screenshot

After enabling that options you should be able to long press the power button to get a menu where you'll find a screenshot option. Once the screenshot is taken, you'll see an additional option below: "Capture more". From there you can capture a long screenshot. It seems to work capturing the settings menu as you can see in the file attached.
    Unofficial LineageOS-20.0 build for alioth/aliothin

- Download

Known bugs:
    - None

Note:
    - Do not try to upgrade from official LineageOS-19.1
    - Installation is same as LineageOS-19.1
    - Required firmware is same as LineageOS-19.1
    - GAPPS build includes ih8sn.
    - No guaranteed updates for these builds.
    - Report bugs with logs
    Amigos,
    Just to let you know that firmware V13.0.9.0.SKHEUXM is working fine for me with latest LineageOS build.
    Is 13.0.8 the new recommended version?
    No. Only use the firmware mentioned in lineage wiki. Newer firmware might work, but not recommended.
    I asked for the firmware not LOS ;)
    They obviously meant any problem with the latest builds and the firmware you asked for. ;)
    Ok, thanks. So LOS exists only for this Xiaomi model? I'm deciding what to buy for black friday and I want something that has both a great camera and LOS support. i don't see any reference to Ultra here, so I guess it's only for this model..
    These are the Xiaomi models currently officially supported by LineageOS. However, you can search the XDA subforum for a specific device to check if maybe there is unofficial development by someone independent. Do note that your luck regarding quality of unofficial ROMS may vary.
    lineageos-png.5317459
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE/VoWifi
    Bugs:
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:

Wiki:

Note:
    • Must follow installation wiki for this device.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported.
    • Flashing LineageOS through custom recovery is not supported and not advised. Use LineageOS Recovery instead. Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks), also using TWRP might break ota updates and cause other issues with LineageOS like bootloops.
    Bug reports:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, recovery or Xposed or Magisk mods.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.).
    • Report bugs here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/bugreport#reporting-a-bug

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Credits :

@SebaUbuntu

@Sahil_Sonar

DONATIONS : Paypal
    LineageOS 19.1 official build is out

Make sure follow steps before upgrading to lineage-19.1

- Follow this fresh install https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install
    - Follow this for upgrade https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/upgrade

- Install Android 12 Gapps after installing rom (if you use)
    - Update firmware to required firmware version MIUI 13.x.x builds (Based on Android 12).
    V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM 12.0 China
    V13.0.4.0.SKHEUXM 12.0 Europe
    V13.0.4.0.SKHINXM 12.0 India
    V13.0.2.0.SKHMIXM 12.0 Global

SafetyNet

By default LineageOS doesn't pass SafetyNet, why?, Check here https://lineageos.org/Safetynet

You can use this unofficial method to pass SafetyNet: ih8sn
    #ih8sn

- What does this do?

- Spoof build as a user build (lineage builds are userdebug).
    - Spoof bootloader unlock status.
    - Spoof security patch date to match build. (Due to this you will see out of date android security patch warning in lineage privacy trust section, ignore it)

- Requirements:
    - 🧠
    - 📱
    - 💻
    - Latest platform-tools

Download: https://github.com/sdm870/ih8sn/releases/tag/latest-kona

- With adbroot
    1. Extract the ih8sn-aarch64.zip in a folder with 'adb' access or in platform-tools folder.
    2. Turn on USB debugging and Rooted debugging in Settings> System> Developer options.
    3. Connect phone to PC
    4. Open powershell/terminal in your location and run push script. (.sh/.ps1)
    ./push.ps1 (Windows)
    ./push.sh (Linux)
    5. Reboot

- With recovery
    1. Boot into recovery (Volume UP + Power)
    2. Apply update > Apply from ADB
    3. In terminal : adb sideload ih8sn-aarch64.zip
    4. Click yes for verification failed
    5. Reboot

Note:
    - Spoofing stays in ota updates.
    - Might not work with magisk installed.
    - Re-flash same ih8sn.zip/push-script to uninstall.

Source: GitHub
    Unofficial LineageOS-20.0 build for alioth/aliothin

- Download

Known bugs:
    - None

Note:
    - Do not try to upgrade from official LineageOS-19.1
    - Installation is same as LineageOS-19.1
    - Required firmware is same as LineageOS-19.1
    - GAPPS build includes ih8sn.
    - No guaranteed updates for these builds.
    - Report bugs with logs