Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][12.1] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

tagilbo

May 31, 2012
Hi! Is there any way to take a scrolling screenshot with lineage 19.1 without third party apps?

oirtemed

May 22, 2022
Please, see file attached.

Is that what you're looking for? If so, enable the option below

Settings > System > Buttons > Power menu > Screenshot

After enabling that options you should be able to long press the power button to get a menu where you'll find a screenshot option. Once the screenshot is taken, you'll see an additional option below: "Capture more". From there you can capture a long screenshot. It seems to work capturing the settings menu as you can see in the file attached.

Attachments

• 7298b41d-6827-4710-9c17-bb90737ece72.png
    7298b41d-6827-4710-9c17-bb90737ece72.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 99

RCkiller

May 11, 2011
Lleida, ES

After enabling that options you should be able to long press the power button to get a menu where you'll find a screenshot option. Once the screenshot is taken, you'll see an additional option below: "Capture more". From there you can capture a long screenshot. It seems to work capturing the settings menu as you can see in the file attached.
For me, for some reason the Capture more option appears only when I screenshot via Vol Down + Power buttons. It's missing from the power menu option.

tagilbo

May 31, 2012

Yes, thanks a lot! You are my hero for today! :)

Reactions: oirtemed

fuzzyduck

Jun 21, 2007
Hello,

I have just updated to the latest: 2022-12-03 and my device went into a bootloop.

The first time the linage moving logo appeared a long time like it was finishing the update, then all the next ons where short.

This is my first update after a fresh flash of 19.1, precicely according to the instructions.

Only thing exotic is flashing Magisk. Is that my problem? And how to fix ? Should i extract the original boot.img from the 12-03 and flash that?

EDIT: IT FIXED ITSELF? I have booted to lineage recovery and turned off the phone to search for a fix. Then after a fresh boot it booted.... weirddddd

Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

Rishbahsgr

Feb 22, 2020
New Delhi
Idle drain is lesser when i use the latest indian 13.0.9.0FW instead of suggested one on the wiki.lineage 13.0.6.0FW? And it been a 30 days since i have replaced my battery from official mi service centre. The idle drain is just higher in lineage os compared to miui. No root same no. Of apps on both the roms
Screenshot_20221208-133259_Settings~2.png

fuzzyduck

Jun 21, 2007
It is. Without doing anything besides booting to recovery, power off there to get out of the loop and power on again.

Maybe it was supposed to boootloop 10x and i was too hesitant?

If you can flash lineage original boot img to get it going, you can try to install magisk again from that point on?

Is your phone now rooted?

I have the issue. With the patched boot.IMG I get a bootloop.
i can go back to standard boot.IMG and boot again but I don't have magisk then

MonoBono

Mar 15, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
It is. Without doing anything besides booting to recovery, power off there to get out of the loop and power on again.

Maybe it was supposed to boootloop 10x and i was too hesitant?

If you can flash lineage original boot img to get it going, you can try to install magisk again from that point on?
I tried 20 times but it is not booting. It is very strange all in all because root detection fails. But root explorer has access to everything on the system.

/Edit: ah no, there is no access for root xplorer

Can ih8sn-aarch64 be the reason for troubles?

Last edited:

oirtemed

May 22, 2022
Idle drain is lesser when i use the latest indian 13.0.9.0FW instead of suggested one on the wiki.lineage 13.0.6.0FW? And it been a 30 days since i have replaced my battery from official mi service centre. The idle drain is just higher in lineage os compared to miui. No root same no. Of apps on both the roms
View attachment 5780115

I would suggest to try a third-party app that provides more detailed information about what processes/apps are draining you battery when the phone is idle. For example, you can check if your phone is actually entering in Doze mode.

Some third-party apps you can try:
- BetterBatteryStats
- GSam Battery Monitor

I posted a while ago my battery stats when my phone is in Doze mode. I left the phone idle for more than 6 hours and the battery was below 90% when I started. Just in case you want to compare. Also, keep in mind that I used a different firmware version.

Smultie

Apr 13, 2006
Is th
Since the last update my maximum speaker volume decreased. I'm on global 13.0.3 like recommended by the lineage wiki.

Anyone noticed a similar effect?

Edit: Also it seems like AudiFX App doesn't seem to have any effect on sound.
Can the dev confirm this issue since October? Any way to revert the change that caused this issue?

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Hi all,

For your information, the latest ROM build is working fine for me (and no loss of root or modules in the OTA update process along with Lineage Recovery).

Security patch has been updated to December.

The kernel has not been updated to latest version yet (you can follow mainstream releases at www.kernel.org).

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
@althafvly Man... I've discovered another performance breaking issue o_O

LOTS AND LOTS of OpenGL Davey's... ( Android OS way of telling you it detects jank/frame skips )

Thought it's cause of newer GPU drivers but turns out it was there from the beginning...

So newer GPU drivers gave me way better performance - in the range of 10-30% faster benchmarks , more fps , everything.

But despite all that , experience using the phone felt pretty bad - lots and LOTS of barely distinguishable frame skips...

After checking logcat I've noticed that system detects multiple janks every second - OpenGL daveys are spammed 3 to 4 times every second.

Screenshot_20221218-031321_Termux.png

At first I tried messing with different driver versions to no avail, each one had daveys and some even had multiple other problems ...

Then I gave up, seeing as no matter what I do results in practically no change to frame skips and android detected janks....

I even tried changing build.prop values to enable vulkan for hwui, use gpu for rendering hwui but to no avail...

Only to see that even STOCK drivers, stock build.prop , stock everything still has OpenGL daveys...

Much less to be honest tho - happens every 10-20 seconds on average , even when sitting there doing nothing but watching static screen another OpenGL davey pops up periodically.

But happening nonetheless...I'd say custom GPU drivers increase the number of daveys drastically - up to 10x if not more...

Talked to some other users and they get no OpenGL daveys at all - miui stock doesn't have any either. Some on AOSP ran logcat but didn't send the full output... So I can't tell if it happens on other ROMs or no since in the pic you can't see Daveys but there's obviously more text above.

Snap 888 users don't even get anything returned when running
Code:
logcat | grep OpenGl

So yeah, something ain't working quite alright. There's other issues being reported as well - bad calls on drawing auth window and such. ( I don't believe I've recorded these , will try again once pc is more functional so I can remove termux from the equation... )

I'm not sure where the issue lays to be honest, is it blob issue , bad calls from lineage os to the drivers? Or some bug elsewhere.

If you could take a look I'd appreciate!

( I also found the reason why apps keep dying in background - only happens when using gestural navigation and I've found a fix for it already ... Is not pretty at all, revolves around disabling notch and even status bar. The issue gets fixed that way, but it doesn't address the underlying cause which could lay in the bad GPU calls... )

Could any lineage user run
Code:
su -c logcat | grep OpenGl

and check whether you see any OpenGl Davey in there?
( You're supposed to run this in Termux, need to be rooted as well. The code runs logcat, them filters to only show logs that contain OpenGL keyword )

Last edited:

JevonsDU

Aug 13, 2016
2 issues of Jelly browser

Reproduce these 2 issues

1st one: adjust your font size to largest and then Google search

2nd one: visit xda site in Jelly browser and add shortcut to home screen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221220-190454_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20221220-190454_Trebuchet.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20221220-190535_Google.png
    Screenshot_20221220-190535_Google.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 28

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    last 2 versions do not work for alioth. something changed and broke it.
    It should be working now. Try latest
    They probably block anyone who asks for info that's available in the first post of the thread:

I can imagine that all the "Is LineageOS 20 arriving in next few days?" and "why is our device stuck on lineage 19.1" questions get blocked too.
    Thanks I saw that , didn't wanna post it publicly .... But guess that's the only option
    It's always recommended, but you don't have to, at least that's how it was from 18.1 to 19.1.
    Whenever Im taking to someone, I accidentally press random buttons leading to mute/ hold or pressing keypad.. Does our phone has problem with proximity sensor or is my device having a problem? Any possible solution? ( I'm having latest firmware with latest los)
    The phone does not have a proximity sensor, it does an approximation using the microphone and the gyro, which is not ideal and far from the real sensor. Unfortunately, it is a device issue.
    Where do you even report bugs? I found a possible security vulnerabilty but dev just blocked me when I tried messaging him lol

"PM == BLOCK, So get a life..."
    lineageos-png.5317459
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE/VoWifi
    Bugs:
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:

Wiki:

Note:
    • Must follow installation wiki for this device.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported.
    • Flashing LineageOS through custom recovery is not supported and not advised. Use LineageOS Recovery instead. Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks), also using TWRP might break ota updates and cause other issues with LineageOS like bootloops.
    Bug reports:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, recovery or Xposed or Magisk mods.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.).
    • Report bugs here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/bugreport#reporting-a-bug

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Support:
    XDA is preferred for main discussion. But if you need any other support, check unofficial support group. We strongly discourage direct contact with devs through social media.

Credits :

@SebaUbuntu

@Sahil_Sonar

DONATIONS : Paypal
    LineageOS 19.1 official build is out

Make sure follow steps before upgrading to lineage-19.1

- Follow this fresh install https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install
    - Follow this for upgrade https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/upgrade

- Install Android 12 Gapps after installing rom (if you use)
    - Update firmware to required firmware version MIUI 13.x.x builds (Based on Android 12).
    V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM 12.0 China
    V13.0.4.0.SKHEUXM 12.0 Europe
    V13.0.4.0.SKHINXM 12.0 India
    V13.0.2.0.SKHMIXM 12.0 Global

SafetyNet

By default LineageOS doesn't pass SafetyNet, why?, Check here https://lineageos.org/Safetynet

You can use this unofficial method to pass SafetyNet: ih8sn
    #ih8sn

- What does this do?

- Spoof build as a user build (lineage builds are userdebug).
    - Spoof bootloader unlock status.
    - Spoof security patch date to match build. (Due to this you will see out of date android security patch warning in lineage privacy trust section, ignore it)

Download:
    Installation: Follow this guide.

Note:
    - Spoofing stays in ota updates.
    - Might not work with magisk installed.
    - Use ih8sn-uninstaller.zip to uninstall.
    Unofficial LineageOS-20.0 build for alioth/aliothin

- Download

Known bugs:
    - None

Note:
    - Do not try to upgrade from official LineageOS-19.1
    - Installation is same as LineageOS-19.1
    - Required firmware is same as LineageOS-19.1
    - GAPPS build includes ih8sn.
    - No guaranteed updates for these builds.
    - Report bugs with logs