Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][alioth/aliothin][12.1] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

friocasa

Dec 23, 2010
First of all, thank you to everyone that made this possible

I love how this Rom works, but in my case battery life it's about half of the original MIUI, the screen colors also look a little bit different on natural ones(dunno if it's better or not)

I'll probably try other Roms, got used to charging my phone every 2 days and now with LineageOS it's every day

Edit: After several days, battery life improved

Last edited:

peng1990

Jul 13, 2021
Can it be used on redmi k40s? Their hardware is so similar, looking forward to your reply, thank you.

toxicbrain

Dec 20, 2015
Can someone explain to me why the Los update process via OTA takes so long? In the past (but that was the Mi Mix 2S not the Poco F3), TWRP was started after downloading, Los was flashed and the phone rebooted. The whole process took less than 2 minutes. Now the "first start is prepared" process alone takes more than 5 minutes. What has changed?

Reactions: Smultie

Smultie

Apr 13, 2006
Can someone explain to me why the Los update process via OTA takes so long? In the past (but that was the Mi Mix 2S not the Poco F3), TWRP was started after downloading, Los was flashed and the phone rebooted. The whole process took less than 2 minutes. Now the "first start is prepared" process alone takes more than 5 minutes. What has changed?
Good question.
My son uses my old Poco F1, and that's done quickly. My (faster) Poco F3 probably takes 3-4 times as long

Doomkopf

May 14, 2016
LineageOS developers are one of the most egoistic and toxic ones. They see everyone as newbie other than themselves. If you build Lineage, you are on your own and don't expect help from them. As I can see, the 19.1 branches aren't updated to reflect latest changes and you are building with 18.1, which you shouldn't.
Have to chip in because I just saw this, this is absolutely true. Never in my life have I encountered more arrogant devs (of course I don't talk about althafvly). It's really a shame. I don't even know why they offer contact if all they do is make fun about you. And see the thing is, I know those dudes would never talk to me like that in real life because they are little whimps and still sit in mama's basement

martimor

Dec 19, 2015
my upgrade lead to broken mobile network / wifi + os working / process was:
  1. adb reboot sideload
  2. adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220528-nightly-alioth-signed.zip
  3. reboot to recovery
  4. adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip
  5. yes, install unsigned
  6. reboot to recovery
  7. adb sideload fw_alioth_miui_ALIOTHEEAGlobal_V13.0.6.0.SKHEUXM_c393876947_12.0.zip
  8. yes, install unsigned
  9. reboot to system
  10. network broken
  11. reboot to recovery
  12. adb sideload fw_alioth_miui_ALIOTHEEAGlobal_V13.0.4.0.SKHEUXM_17e135935d_12.0.zip
  13. yes, install unsigned
  14. reboot system
  15. still broken network
any hints how to restore mobile network?

damonke

Sep 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
my upgrade lead to broken mobile network / wifi + os working / process was:
  1. adb reboot sideload
  2. adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220528-nightly-alioth-signed.zip
  3. reboot to recovery
  4. adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip
  5. yes, install unsigned
  6. reboot to recovery
  7. adb sideload fw_alioth_miui_ALIOTHEEAGlobal_V13.0.6.0.SKHEUXM_c393876947_12.0.zip
  8. yes, install unsigned
  9. reboot to system
  10. network broken
  11. reboot to recovery
  12. adb sideload fw_alioth_miui_ALIOTHEEAGlobal_V13.0.4.0.SKHEUXM_17e135935d_12.0.zip
  13. yes, install unsigned
  14. reboot system
  15. still broken network
any hints how to restore mobile network?
maybe install the firmware zip, install the weird partition copy zip, install lineage over that again? Check the install guide for that zip. I don't know exactly what it does, but I think it might fix some mess with the a/b partitions and the firmware.

I have installed the 13.0.6 with no issues though, maybe that particular problem is just with your provider and that firmware.

If you want to be really sure that everything is in order, installing the entire official miui, then downloading the entire rom again from within miui and installing that (yes the same version) seemed to fix some stuff for me. But it's obviously a hassle.

Morghoth

Apr 18, 2009
Currently, there is no need to flash firmware beyond the recommended list in post #39. According to the changelogs the newer versions contain only new security patch which is dealt with by LineageOS anyway.

Top Liked Posts

Could you please enable "fingerprint wake and unlock" in the overlay file when compiling. This would prevent accidentally unlocking the phone when touching the fingerprint sensor.

According to this reddit post, this has already been implemented in LineageOS and just needs to be enabled for each specific device (check the original thread, not the embed, first comment explains it): https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/qxcfyc
    I have the same problem with calls.

What also annoys is that the fingerprint sensor is active when the phone is sleeping. I often accidentally touch it and then then random things are happening in my pocket lol. Correct way should be press power -> fingerprint active -> unlock in my opinion. For android 11 I used gravity box to override that behavior. For android 12 there seems to be no 3rd party workaround.
    Try this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-alioth-software-proximeter.4454463/
    Could you please enable "fingerprint wake and unlock" in the overlay file when compiling. This would prevent accidentally unlocking the phone when touching the fingerprint sensor.

According to this reddit post, this has already been implemented in LineageOS and just needs to be enabled for each specific device (check the original thread, not the embed, first comment explains it): https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/qxcfyc
    In last release (today's one), security patch level is still 2022-05-05 despite in changelog it's reported June security update.
    Is someone experiencing the same?
    Hello,
    "332260: Jun 2022 Security update & Feature drop" commit, is related to android_vendor_lineage.
    POCO F3 vendor Security update level is still 2022-04-01 for me.
    332260 commit seem to be only related to the Google devices. And as there is no vars/alioth in this commit, there is no vendor security patch level update flag for alioth.
    In last release (today's one), security patch level is still 2022-05-05 despite in changelog it's reported June security update.
    Is someone experiencing the same?
    There is a new MindTheGapps build: MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip . Everything is working fine at first sight.
    Just flashed the version from "2022-05-28".

Taking pictures with the provided android cam or gcam look somewhat blurry/photoshopped/filtered.
    Anyone else having this?
    • Android camera2: version 2.0.002
    • Google camera: version 4.4.020.163412804
    Using the latest Gcam build seems to solve the issue:

Tested it with pictures of hairy legs. Before the body hair looked like some weird blurry paste. Now the body hair looks sharp. I guess that's good :p
    lineageos-png.5317459
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE/VoWifi
    Bugs:
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:
    Wiki:
    Installation :
    Note:
    • Required firmware version must be based on MIUI 13.x.x builds (Based on Android 12).
      • V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM 12.0 China
      • V13.0.4.0.SKHINXM 12.0 India
      • V13.0.3.0.SKHMIXM 12.0 Global
      • Others flash region specific firmware MIUI 13.x.x.x 12.0 (eg: Europe, Indonesia, Russia, etc..)
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.
    • Flashing LineageOS through TWRP is NOT SUPPORTED and NOT ADVISED. **
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported.
    ** Please use LineageOS Recovery instead. Right now, Lineage Recovery is really only intended to be used on devices with Seamless Updates (aka A/B partitions) and, in that role, it is only intended to be embedded within the OS's normal Boot image. While flashing TWRP, it replaces boot image's ramdisk (possible security risks, coz it runs SeLinux permissive on recovery). That's why it's not recommend to use with A/B devices.

Bug reports: https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/bugreport#reporting-a-bug
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.).

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Credits :

@SebaUbuntu

@Sahil_Sonar

DONATIONS : Paypal
    LineageOS 19.1 official build is out

Make sure follow steps before upgrading to lineage-19.1

- Follow this fresh install https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/install
    - Follow this for upgrade https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/alioth/upgrade

- Install Android 12 Gapps after installing rom (if you use)
    - Update firmware to required firmware version MIUI 13.x.x builds (Based on Android 12).
    V13.0.5.0.SKHCNXM 12.0 China
    V13.0.4.0.SKHEUXM 12.0 Europe
    V13.0.4.0.SKHINXM 12.0 India
    V13.0.2.0.SKHMIXM 12.0 Global
    Updated build is UP (Check OP for link)

- Based on android-12.1.0_r2
    - Some features are up (like expandable volume panel)
    - Fixed recovery assert issue
    - https://download.lineageos.org/alioth/changes/
    The ROM isn't PLay Certified, so you need magisk to use GPay.
    Not a big deal, but there's a way to do it without Magisk?
    By default lineageos don't pass safetynet, why?- its explained here https://lineageos.org/Safetynet

You can pass safetynet by an unofficial way, using ih8sn
    This might help to pass SafetyNet without Magisk/Root

1- Extract attached ih8sn_lineage.zip somewhere.
    2- Connect phone with USB debugging mode and rooted debugging enabled in developer options.
    3- Then run push script (.sh/.ps1/.bat) or manually enter whats in it.
    4- Reboot

Note:
    - Adding 60-ih8sn.sh file will keep the spoofing stay in ota updates, use only if needed

Source: https://github.com/althafvly/ih8sn/commits/alioth