• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][Android 10][davinci] ArrowOS

Search This thread

FaserF

Oct 23, 2014
Munich
www.youtube.com
Thank you for your great work. Havent used ArrowOS before. So am I thinking correct that once all Bugs (excpet SELINUX) are fixed the android 11 build should be official too as PocoF1 has already a official android 11 build ^^?

FYI latest Magisk Canary does NOT work -> Goes straight into fastboot
For gapps: https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/

First impressions for this Android 11 rom (not meant negative, just that other users know what they get when installing this rom):
- Face Unlock is missing
- Google Play System Update: unkonw -> No new updates found
- No OTA Updater App
- integrated Cam App has nearly no options (I recommend installing Urnix05 Gcam)
- Gpay of course does not work (@dev could you implement the Pixel Fingerprint into this rom, several other roms are working great with gpay with no magisk?)

Last edited:

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
Moto G5 Plus
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thank you for your great work. Havent used ArrowOS before. So am I thinking correct that once all Bugs (excpet SELINUX) are fixed the android 11 build should be official too as PocoF1 has already a official android 11 build ^^?

First impressions for this Android 11 rom (not meant negative, just that other users know what they get when installing this rom):
- Face Unlock is missing
- No OTA Updater App
- integrated Cam App has nearly no options (I recommend installing Urnix05 Gcam)
- Gpay of course does not work (@dev could you implement the Pixel Fingerprint into this rom, several other roms are working great with gpay with no magisk?)

Build can already be official but due to some lack of time it has been delayed as I'm working on new sepolicy.

And Magisk Canary works but you CAN'T use any reboot option from Magisk Manager, that means -> fastboot. Also, when updating magisk uncheck the `Recovery mode` box so it doesn't patch the recovery image. Again, that would mean -> fastboot.

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
Moto G5 Plus
Redmi Note 10 Pro

- Face Unlock is missing
- No OTA Updater App

Also,
OTA updater app will be included when official.
Google Play System Updates don't work and won't probably work because the ROM doesn't use Google APEX images, which is not needed.
And, pixel fingerprint is already included.

Just for your information :)

EddGu

Apr 26, 2013
Bogotá DC
First, what version? Android 10 or 11?

Second, what addons did you flash? (GApps (if flashing vanilla variant), Magisk...)

Third, did you format data?

Android 10, to Android 11. Tried the vanilla variant, NikGapps and Magisk. Yes, did format data. I managed to boot, but Magisk never worked. Trying the latest ROM update, Magisk not working.

Last edited:

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
Moto G5 Plus
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Android 10, to Android 11. Tried the vanilla variant, NikGapps and Magisk. Yes, did format data. I managed to boot, but Magisk never worked. Trying the latest ROM update, Magisk not working.

You need to use a specific version of Magisk, else you will go to fastboot. I'd suggest you to wait till a stable Magisk release. It is not something I can fix by my own as it is a Magisk issue, not ROM.

Shaglok

Mar 22, 2011

- Face Unlock is missing
- No OTA Updater App

I don't know if you installed Vanilla variant, but with Gapps included version, GPay works without Magisk.

duserna

Oct 18, 2020
error

Hi Dani!

First of all I want to thank you for the development of Arrow OS and how involved you are with the users.

I have just installed Android 10 (after testing the Arrow rom with Android 11), I have followed all the steps but every time I reboot the phone the following message appears:
Android10.png

log:
time: 1603032741172
msg: java.lang.SecurityException: Remote stack trace:
at com.android.server.pm.LauncherAppsService$LauncherAppsImpl.ensureShortcutPermission(LauncherAppsService.java:651)
at com.android.server.pm.LauncherAppsService$LauncherAppsImpl.getShortcuts(LauncherAppsService.java:659)
at android.content.pm.ILauncherApps$Stub.onTransact(ILauncherApps.java:589)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1021)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:994)

stacktrace: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.google.android.apps.miphone.aiai.AiaiApplication: java.lang.SecurityException: Caller can't access shortcut information
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6465)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThread.java:219)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1859)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7356)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:493)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:940)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Caller can't access shortcut information
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:2071)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2039)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1987)
at android.content.pm.ILauncherApps$Stub$Proxy.getShortcuts(ILauncherApps.java:1271)
at android.content.pm.LauncherApps.getShortcuts(LauncherApps.java:917)
at cuo.a(PG:8)
at cuo.a(PG:17)
at cur.accept(Unknown Source:4)
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1262)
at cva.a(PG:5)
at hqe.a(PG:3)
at csy.a(PG:2)
at hql.a(PG:6)
at akp.b(PG:2)
at akp.a(PG:2)
at com.google.android.apps.miphone.aiai.AiaiApplication.onCreate(PG:16)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1189)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6460)
... 8 more
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
at com.android.server.pm.LauncherAppsService$LauncherAppsImpl.ensureShortcutPermission(LauncherAppsService.java:651)
at com.android.server.pm.LauncherAppsService$LauncherAppsImpl.getShortcuts(LauncherAppsService.java:659)

It's not that I'm not forbidden to perform any action but such a message is uncomfortable, is there a solution?

Thank you very much. Sorry about my English level :eek:

edit: There was a moment that didn't stop appearing but I checked to see if there was an update in Google Play and the message is no longer shown. Sorry for my ignorance.

Last edited:

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
Moto G5 Plus
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi Dani!

First of all I want to thank you for the development of Arrow OS and how involved you are with the users.

I have just installed Android 10 (after testing the Arrow rom with Android 11), I have followed all the steps but every time I reboot the phone the following message appears:
Android10.png

log:
time: 1603032741172
msg: java.lang.SecurityException: Remote stack trace:

stacktrace: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.google.android.apps.miphone.aiai.AiaiApplication: java.lang.SecurityException: Caller can't access shortcut information
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6465)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1300(ActivityThread.java:219)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1859)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7356)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:493)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:940)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Caller can't access shortcut information
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:2071)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2039)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1987)
at android.content.pm.ILauncherApps$Stub$Proxy.getShortcuts(ILauncherApps.java:1271)
at android.content.pm.LauncherApps.getShortcuts(LauncherApps.java:917)
at cuo.a(PG:8)
at cuo.a(PG:17)
at cur.accept(Unknown Source:4)
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1262)
at cva.a(PG:5)
at csy.a(PG:2)
at hql.a(PG:6)
at akp.b(PG:2)
at akp.a(PG:2)
at com.google.android.apps.miphone.aiai.AiaiApplication.onCreate(PG:16)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1189)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6460)
... 8 more
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:

It's not that I'm not forbidden to perform any action but such a message is uncomfortable, is there a solution?

Thank you very much. Sorry about my English level :eek:

edit: There was a moment that didn't stop appearing but I checked to see if there was an update in Google Play and the message is no longer shown. Sorry for my ignorance.

Yep, the fix is updating the app in play store.

But don't worry about reporting it, its what all users should do like you, providing logs and details :)

xxjahasotoxx

Feb 5, 2011
Unfortunately I'm experiencing boot loops, I'm ung twrp 3.4 recovery. I've tried both the best firmware and the recommended 12.0.2 global. I've even tried doing a full wipe of everything.

Any ideas or suggestions any help would be appreciated

Xadus

Nov 13, 2014
Mumbai
Thank for the awesome ROM, really smooth and stable.
I just have one query, the pocket mode/prevent accidental wakeup seems to be missing? It shows up in the result if I search it in settings but the option/toggle itself is missing if I enter the in the lock screen settings.
Is there anyway to get it to work? pocket mode is important for me as I use AOD.

DeathStroke47

Aug 15, 2020
Unfortunately I'm experiencing boot loops, I'm ung twrp 3.4 recovery. I've tried both the best firmware and the recommended 12.0.2 global. I've even tried doing a full wipe of everything.

Any ideas or suggestions any help would be appreciated

Download this firmware 12.0.5.0 ;
https://mirrors.xtom.com/osdn//stor...IGlobal_V12.0.5.0.QFJMIXM_68eafed495_10.0.zip
Reboot to recovery , format data , factory restore , advance wipe system cache dalvik.
Reboot to recovery again, flash the 12.0.5.0 firmware and then flash rom.
Reboot to system and enjoy.

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
Moto G5 Plus
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thank for the awesome ROM, really smooth and stable.
I just have one query, the pocket mode/prevent accidental wakeup seems to be missing? It shows up in the result if I search it in settings but the option/toggle itself is missing if I enter the in the lock screen settings.
Is there anyway to get it to work? pocket mode is important for me as I use AOD.

Pocket Mode should be always enabled.
But, I will not support Arrow 10.0 as I'm already focusing on 11. The ROM will continue to get security patches some time but no bugfixes (unless there is something important).

Xadus

Nov 13, 2014
Mumbai
Pocket Mode should be always enabled.
But, I will not support Arrow 10.0 as I'm already focusing on 11. The ROM will continue to get security patches some time but no bugfixes (unless there is something important).

Thanks for replying.
It is not actually, infact I realized about its absence when the phone in my pocket went haywire typing out random numbers in emergency dialer lol.
I understand and the ROM is actually perfect, it's just that the pocket mode would have been great, don't wish to change this awesome ROM just for a small thing as that.