• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][Android 11.0] ArrowOS 11.0 for OnePlus3/3T [Weekly]

Search This thread

Sinusix

Apr 3, 2021
Does this rom support Dash Charge for the 3T? And how should I flash the rom?

Yes, dash charge works.

Your install procedure looks fine, i used this one:

Also usefull to know for me:

Hyperion2005

Apr 6, 2021
Colombo
Yes, dash charge works.

Your install procedure looks fine, i used this one:

Also usefull to know for me:
Ok thanks!! So I don’t have to disable dm Verity by flashing another zip right? According to the installation guide which you have set.

Little side question : what if I didn’t want to install a custom rom and not root my device but I want to install a audio mod using twrp, then would I have to flash a zip to disable dm Verity?

Sinusix

Apr 3, 2021
Ok thanks!! So I don’t have to disable dm Verity by flashing another zip right? According to the installation guide which you have set.

Little side question : what if I didn’t want to install a custom rom and not root my device but I want to install a audio mod using twrp, then would I have to flash a zip to disable dm Verity?
No need to disable dm-verity for installing a custom rom as i know, but for installing a mod only i'm not sure

Hyperion2005

Apr 6, 2021
Colombo
No need to disable dm-verity for installing a custom rom as i know, but for installing a mod only i'm not sure
Ok thanks, so I guess i don’t have to flash the disable dm Verity on the custom rom since the custom rom dev has already removed the code in the boot.img relating to dm verify. Alright I’ll install the custom rom. What if I need to revert to stock OOS? Can I make a twrp backup? And then restore it, then flash the dm Verity disabler since my device is running stock OOS which has stock boot.img (which checks for dm Verity) or else can I flash this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ption-oneplus-3t-3-for-pie-oxygen-os.3922324/ after which I’ll flash magisk v22.1

Sinusix

Apr 3, 2021
There is alredy an boot image inside the latest Oxygen OS download (see on oneplus.com). Maybe i could test for you next week to return to the Oxygen ROM

Last edited:

Hyperion2005

Apr 6, 2021
Colombo
There is alredy an boot image inside the latest Oxygen OS download (see on oneplus.com). Maybe i could test for you next week to return to the Oxygen ROM
Damn, that would be great if you could test it, thanks a lot. I know the other way of returning to Oxygen OS using the msn download tool and putting the device into EDl mode, but being able to restore from a twrp backup would be great!! Thanks again for offering the device test.

Sinusix

Apr 3, 2021
.. that would be great if you could test it ... being able to restore from a twrp backup would be great!!

1. unlock bootloader (!!erases whole data!!)
> fastboot oem unlock
(!) booting in Oxygen OS always resets the recovery partition, so twrp must be flashed each time you need a backup or to restore one
(!) keep bootloader unlocked, to be able to flash twrp again without unlock bootloader, because unlocking bootloader would erase whole data again, including recovery
(.) install fresh Oxygen OS 9.0.6 Full Version Zip File (for me, because i'm on ArrowOS)
> adb sideload OnePlus....zip
2. boot into Oxygen OS and setup (incl. PIN or password for encoding)
3. boot into bootloader/fastboot and flash twrp recovery
> fastboot flash recovery twrp...img
4. boot into recovery and backup all partitions incl. recovery
5. flash a custom rom (e.g. ArrowOS), boot and setup it
> adb sideload ArrowOS...zip
6. boot into recovery and backup all partitions with custom rom
7. restore backup for Oxygen OS from (4.) and reboot to it
=> my PIN is accepted while booting into the OS but not for unlocking the screen :-(
8. after restoring backup for ArrowOS from (6.) the phone doesn't boot cause of no OS :-(
(!) so further tests are necessary :-(

Last edited:

Hyperion2005

Apr 6, 2021
Colombo
1. unlock bootloader (!!erases whole data!!)
> fastboot oem unlock
(.) install fresh Oxygen OS 9.0.6 Full Version Zip File (for me, because i'm on ArrowOS)
> adb sideload OnePlus....zip
(!) keep bootloader unlocked (because locking bootloader would erase whole data again, including recovery so you would not be able to flash twrp again)
2. boot into Oxygen OS and setup (incl. PIN or password for encoding)
3. boot into bootloader/fastboot and flash twrp recovery
> fastboot flash recovery twrp...img
4. boot into recovery and backup all partitions incl. recovery
(!) booting in Oxygen OS always resets the recovery partition, so twrp must be flashed each time you need a backup or to restore one
5. flash a custom rom (e.g. ArrowOS), boot and setup it
> adb sideload ArrowOS...zip
6. boot into recovery and backup all partitions with custom rom
7. restore backup for Oxygen OS from (4.) and reboot to it
=> my PIN is accepted while booting into the OS but not for unlocking the screen :-(
8. after restoring backup for ArrowOS from (6.) the phone doesn't boot cause of no OS :-(
(!) so further tests are necessary :-(
Firstly thanks for testing! Ok so, after you even restored the OS the device refused to boot right? So what if I flash arrowOS then restore my arrowOS backup? Will it work? So after my Oxygen OS backup, and when I restore it, I’ll have to use magisk to root it ato disable DM Verity on the stock rom since twrp is still on the recovery and what if I reflash twrp before booting in to my restored Oxygen OS? Then twrp will still be there right? Becoz I’ve heard, one the OP6 or 6T you always need to reflash twrp after you even install a custom rom.

Gaurav Shahu

Nov 26, 2016
Nagpur
Updated after a month and again having the issue of screen not turning on after unlocking. Have to lock and unlock several times. This issue was fixed in the old previous build I was using (I don't remember which one) but it's back. Please fix it again.

Reactions: falouzzi

endymion2k5

Oct 28, 2008
I have a Oneplus3 and a Oneplus3T. The Oneplus3T is running OxygenOS (latest released, doesnt get updates anymore). The Oneplus3 is running ArrowOS 11.

Both are connecting to the same Access Point.

The Oneplus3T is getting about 40 mbps download and 10 mbps upload. It never drops Wifi.
The Oneplus3 is getting 3 mbps download and 10 mbps upload. It randomly drops Wifi.

Sadly i cant reflash the Oneplus3T since its my 'stable' phone and test Android 11 with it, altho i doubt it will make any difference.

What could be the cause of this? Kind of makes Android 11 unusable which is a shame, because this rom runs very well otherwise. (Also tried PixelExperience which has the same issue).

Thanks in advance.

endymion2k5

Oct 28, 2008
I have tested Wifi a bit more.

Ive used a Cisco Access Point, an Access Point from my ISP and a Linksys E1200 (its old i know).

All three access points are showing the same symptoms. OxygenOS is quick, Android 11 keeps hitting 3 mbps download and 10 mbps upload.

The Cisco AP shows me a bit more information then the rest. Basicly saying Android 11 uses Powersaving and CCX4 (a Cisco Extention).

If you need any more information, let me know.

manni#12

Dec 19, 2020
I have performed an update (24.04.2021). Since then, the recharge no longer works. When I restart the phone and plug it into the charging cable, everything works. If I want to charge the phone again later, it is no longer charged. Only after I restarted the phone I can charge it again. When charging does not work, the LED does not light up. I have already changed the charging cable including the power adapter. That is not the problem.
I would like to go back to an older image, but where do I find the older versions?

n1980

Nov 25, 2012
I have performed an update (24.04.2021). Since then, the recharge no longer works. When I restart the phone and plug it into the charging cable, everything works. If I want to charge the phone again later, it is no longer charged. Only after I restarted the phone I can charge it again. When charging does not work, the LED does not light up. I have already changed the charging cable including the power adapter. That is not the problem.
I would like to go back to an older image, but where do I find the older versions?
I had a similar problem I trace it to that before the upgrade I was on a version with the smart charging - it was turned ON I downgrade turned off the smart charging restart and update again this time the charging worked for me
try it ... Hope it will help

Reactions: manni#12

manni#12

Dec 19, 2020
Thank you for your help. I would like to downgrade, but where can I find an older rom? Unfortunately I have deleted the old update files.

Problem solved

Last edited:

najibnet

Feb 13, 2015
Hello all,

I have been testing this rom (the latest 24/4 built), the only annoying bug I am experiencing is the dial bug (whenever I tap the number or the contact to make a call), there is no pop up window of call, but call does work and neither it has the dial history until I finally close and open the dialer app again.

does anyone have the same issue? or it is only me.. it is clean flash..

rpsharma

Dec 28, 2014
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 8T
Hi
My OnePlus 3's power button is not working since yesterday.
I updated to Android 11 of ArrowsOs. Every thing was good.
But, when I installed Font manager module on hidden Magisk and obted to reboot my OnePlus 3 phone took long time to start. Then I tried to restart manually by pressing power button first. It was not useful. Then I tried again by pressing power button and valume button together and succeed in power off manually and restarted with power button. Thank god. It was success.
I uninstalled the Font manager which I felt fault and rebooted successfully and every thing was good.

But, later I found that the power button is not working. I strongly believe that it is only software problem but not the hardware.

Can anyone suggest me a reliable solution?
Thanks in advance.

Zakaria.R

Aug 2, 2015
Anybody here have their phone reboot on its own ?

Happened to me on this rom and another one, it's pretty weird since I have no mods installed or anything aside from root.

Top Liked Posts