[ROM][OFFICIAL][Android 11]ScorpionROM v4.x[Google Pixel 4 XL][Coral]

Search This thread

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
I personally wouldn't try that just yet. I would wait until someone or a few someone's report doing a rom install using twrp first before I even thought of attempting this ....For now I would just do the adb sideload.
I mean, I flashed my own build of AOSiP 11 last week using the test build just last week, that worked, does that count as a report?

Johnrob011045

Oct 15, 2013
Are there any security updates on Telegram? I'm still on March 5th and it's feeling like Coral stopped getting support. No offense. I guess I just need to download Telegram and look. Someone should post the latest update in the comments if there are any. I'll go ask.

Curiousn00b

Are there any security updates on Telegram? I'm still on March 5th and it's feeling like Coral stopped getting support. No offense. I guess I just need to download Telegram and look. Someone should post the latest update in the comments if there are any. I'll go ask.
The latest update is an unofficial update, but it's in May. The June update is being worked on still.

Telegram's actually a great place to just check for updates. Lots of devs moved over to Telegram. Just join the group and you can get everything setup to just notify you on pinned/announcements.

You are the first person I have heard that reported rom flashing working in TWRP. I mean, if I would have known I definitely wouldn't have made my last post. Much thanks! 😁
I second that, I also am not aware of TWRP working enough on A11 to install ROMs but now I am intrigued and going to test.

Reactions: flash713

Johnrob011045

Oct 15, 2013
I've been unable to activate visual voicemail..is anyone else having this problem? I've pretty much done all the online solutions. I'm thinking about unenrolling from the beta program.

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
The motion sense work?
I used Scorpion for two months straight recently on my 4XL but unfortunately I never once flipped on motion sense and I'm currently not on Scorpion anymore.. You see this ALOT on xda all over where people ask if something works... I totally understand. But I also have been flashing Android many years and I've yet to break a device from installing too many roms. It can be done but I haven't had that happen yet and up until about two years ago I flashed several times per week, every week and sometimes several times per day even on all my devices. I said all this to say this, I suggest trying it yourself and see what's up with whatever you wonder about. Many people comment false things here on xda and all over the net and sometimes what works on one users device doesn't on another users. I just backup my apps+data using Swift app and transfer to my PC and flash away. Just a suggestion. Better to find out for yourself than ask because you could get a misleading answer only to maybe find out later that said feature did or didn't work... Unless of course the dev who compiles the rom replies. Then I'd say it's more than likely accurate. Nothing like trying it yourself though. Imo anyway. 😁

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK
I used Scorpion for two months straight recently on my 4XL but unfortunately I never once flipped on motion sense and I'm currently not on Scorpion anymore.. You see this ALOT on xda all over where people ask if something works... I totally understand. But I also have been flashing Android many years and I've yet to break a device from installing too many roms. It can be done but I haven't had that happen yet and up until about two years ago I flashed several times per week, every week and sometimes several times per day even on all my devices. I said all this to say this, I suggest trying it yourself and see what's up with whatever you wonder about. Many people comment false things here on xda and all over the net and sometimes what works on one users device doesn't on another users. I just backup my apps+data using Swift app and transfer to my PC and flash away. Just a suggestion. Better to find out for yourself than ask because you could get a misleading answer only to maybe find out later that said feature did or didn't work... Unless of course the dev who compiles the rom replies. Then I'd say it's more than likely accurate. Nothing like trying it yourself though. Imo anyway. 😁
well said, 100% agree, just try the ROM.

I get it, it takes a lot sometimes to prep and setup the ROM afterwards (user apps/texts/ETC) but the only way to truly test anything, is to try it yourself. Don't rely on other users or their findings as they will never test or know what you need to do and what's critical to you, so only the user can confirm, but others will just report their findings. This may or may not help, so just try it, and know for yourself it it works or not.

Well first test, not so good, well ROM is excellent, but mobile service on Verizon was iffy at best. I was able to get calls/TXT/MMS, but not mobile data to work reliably enough to use (yet). I am pretty sure I could fix it with enough time, but I need my phone for work/kids. My kids text me all day so I cant drop out of existence and not have cell service or they will worry.

Initial setup didn't find SIM, so I tried again with a full re-flash from scratch (wipe/ETC/flash), same result, so I skipped mobile (RIL) and used WiFi, then setup with WiFi. Once in OS, I checked APNs, checked all mobile settings, reset APNs, changed/checked bands used, nothing helped so I fired up *#4636#*#* (phone info) and opened up the mobile utility. From there I could get mobile up, but not outbound TXT (inbound worked), calls worked both ways, but absolutely no data which was weird in my opinion. I attached two pics showing no SIM during setup, then mobile weirdness in the phone info section (don't worry I blanked IMEI).

Other users, as you test, please let me know if you have better results, or the same mobile issues I faced on Verizon:

Attachments

• 10-26-2021 10-41-35 AM.jpg
    10-26-2021 10-41-35 AM.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 16
  • 10-26-2021 10-41-01 AM.jpg
    10-26-2021 10-41-01 AM.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    scorp_logo1.png

Feel The Sting!

Since we have no working TWRP for Android 11, we have to flash with our own custom recovery. In the download section below, you will find a boot image and the ROM zip. You need to download both and follow the install instructions.

Downloads:
    Coral

Installation:
    For First Time Install
    , you must clean flash! Check the upload date, this will let you know which factory image you need to be on before flashing your device.

1) Plug the device into a PC and open a terminal
    2) adb reboot bootloader
    3) fastboot flash boot boot.img --slot all
    4) fastboot reboot-bootloader
    5) Using the device volume buttons, select Recovery Mode
    6) Use the custom recovery to Factory reset the device
    7) When it's done, select Apply update followed by Apply from ADB
    (This will allow you to sideload the ROM zip)
    8) adb sideload the_rom.zip
    **** Terminal will sit at 47%,wait and watch the phone let the phone finish it will take few min

If you need help flashing come to support chat and ask like a Human....
    Code:
    # Example (using a Wildcard shortcut)
    adb sideload S*.zip
    9) Reboot system and Enjoy

Contributors
    NepoRood, dabug123
    ROM Source: ROM
    Kernel Source: Kernel
    Device Source: Device

Version Information
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP, ABC, DU
    Current Stable Version: v4.x
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-17
    D
    Deleted member 8094713
    New build coming soon:
    Feb patch merged
    Now builds will ship with sultan kernel built inline
    D
    Deleted member 8094713
    New builds out on drive!

Changelog:
    February patch merged
    Sultan Kernel is now built inline
    Scramble pin layout option added
    Smoother upload/download animations
    New themes
    ROM Changelog:
    Mobile data issue fixed thanks to the amazing @NYCHitman1 (retired DU developer)
    - Meaning, I didn't have to dig into logs to fix anything, lol
    You're god damn right :p
    I will have a coral device in a few days, will post an updated A11 when I get it