ROM][OFFICIAL][ANDROID 5.1][QUINCYDCM]Candy5 ROM for NTT DoCoMo Samsung Galaxy Note I

javelinanddart

Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contrib
Mar 28, 2014
Midwest

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @Alx31TLse @timmytim @Bx16 @Saatvik Shukla @abbychauhan @javelinanddart
@calebcabob

ROM
DEVICES

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
Candy Interface
Custom navigation bar
Battery Percent
Recents Panel Options
Clock and Date Options
Wake Options
Rotation 360 degrees
Custom Notification Lights
Lockscreen Notifications Per App
IME options from 4.4+
Disable Ime selector
Battery Saver mode coloring
Custom system animations
Full Sweetner Pack compatible
Battery bar
Theme Engine
Omni Switch
Wakelock Blocker
Custom DPI
Lockscreen Shortcuts
Animations
Visual improvements
ALL of Cm's Latest Feature Additions

CHANGELOG

Steps:

Download Candy5.zip
Download 5.1 GAPPS (optional)
Place Candy5.zip on phones memory or SD card
Boot into recovery (only my lollipop TWRP is guaranteed to work)
Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
Flash Candy5.zip
Flash GAPPS (Optional)
Flash SuperSU zip (optional)
Reboot and Enjoi

* Candy5-QUINCYDCM-Official.zip

* GAPPS
Or use 5.1 Gapps of choice

* SuperSU

Please give first boot a good few minutes.

Candy5 is in early stages and will inherit CyanogenMod bugs and issues. But some we have resolved ourselves.
The base has been tested and passed most users needs for a Daily Driver.

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms,for making their source open.
Sources:

CyanogenMod
SlimRoms
LiquidSmooth

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
Candy5 for QuincyDCM, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717

Contributors
javelinanddart, gimmeitorilltell, NoSpamDan
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-06-30
Last Updated 2015-06-30

Last edited:

dark_phoenix

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks sir for this Rom.

@gimmeitorilltell
Thanks for the efforts you are making Sir.
And thanks to you too Team
@matthew0776 @mar5hal @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @tr1gg3r84 @Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @Alx31TLse @timmytim @Sultanxda

You are helping this Community and Us A Lot.
thnx

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

There is One of the BUG(s) that are annoying. Sleep of Death.
When Phone screen goes OFF into standby. it Powers down. Screen is OFF/BLACK and No Call Rings Either. but the phone is still ON as PC can recognize this.
i Have to restart phone Every Single time for making calls or other stuff.

thnx

Last edited:
Reactions: tiham29296

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
@gimmeitorilltell
Thanks for the efforts you are making Sir.
And thanks to you too Team
@matthew0776 @mar5hal @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @tr1gg3r84 @Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @Alx31TLse @timmytim @Sultanxda

You are helping this Community and Us A Lot.
thnx

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

There is One of the BUG(s) that are annoying. Sleep of Death.
When Phone screen goes OFF into standby. it Powers down. Screen is OFF/BLACK and No Call Rings Either. but the phone is still ON as PC can recognize this.
i Have to restart phone Every Single time for making calls or other stuff.

thnx
I believe I know how to fix this but not sure when I'll have the time but you'll be notified when it's fixed. Right now I have a lot of work to do that puts food on my table so when that's caught up I will work on at least this fix for you so you can run my rom as a DD. Thank you for your patience.

Reactions: dark_phoenix

dark_phoenix

Feb 6, 2013
I believe I know how to fix this but not sure when I'll have the time but you'll be notified when it's fixed. Right now I have a lot of work to do that puts food on my table so when that's caught up I will work on at least this fix for you so you can run my rom as a DD. Thank you for your patience.

No worries sir. Take your time as you wish. No hurries.

dark_phoenix

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks sir,
The Rom is working fine. it is stable and i think is ready for Daily Drive. I am using it for last 20 hours or so.
Although i faced these problems in starting, when i flashed this Rom.
1. Phone hangs up at boot logo before boot animation. I factory reseted my phone 2 times. Then I upgraded CWM recovery to 6.0.4.7. and it it workng fine till Now. :good:
2. In the meanwhile Phone rebooted automatically 3 times but "LUCKILY" did not got stuck at boot logo. :p
3. GSM mode is working. Thank you. :D
4. Now the thing remains is "Roaming mode". Phone is always in roaming mode. i cannot access my Data plan if i am in roaming. so using wifi.
Other than this Right now i am using this rom and it is working perfectly Fine,
I am using whatsapp play store, xda app, camera, browser, google now. everything is working.
Sir, Much thanks for this to you and your All Team.

Edit: sir, one bug found of video not recording. but pictures can be taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: gimmeitorilltell

developweb

Apr 7, 2013
Sandy Beach, AB
www.developweb.ca
Thanks sir,
The Rom is working fine. it is stable and i think is ready for Daily Drive. I am using it for last 20 hours or so.
Although i faced these problems in starting, when i flashed this Rom.
1. Phone hangs up at boot logo before boot animation. I factory reseted my phone 2 times. Then I upgraded CWM recovery to 6.0.4.7. and it it workng fine till Now. :good:
2. In the meanwhile Phone rebooted automatically 3 times but "LUCKILY" did not got stuck at boot logo. :p
3. GSM mode is working. Thank you. :D
4. Now the thing remains is "Roaming mode". Phone is always in roaming mode. i cannot access my Data plan if i am in roaming. so using wifi.
Other than this Right now i am using this rom and it is working perfectly Fine,
I am using whatsapp play store, xda app, camera, browser, google now. everything is working.
Sir, Much thanks for this to you and your All Team.

Edit: sir, one bug found of video not recording. but pictures can be taken.
Are you trying to record in 1080p? If so, try 720.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

Reactions: dark_phoenix

dark_phoenix

Feb 6, 2013
I am having troubles connecting to the pc on Candy5 with this device. It must be something missing somewhere. Will let you know if/when I fix it.
Thnx sir.
Will look forward to it.
This is my DD. and i m enjoying it very much.
Right now i m having random reboots while operating phone. It hangs anywhere and restarts. Other than that only issue is pc connectivity.

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for great ROM!!
I want new build for quicydcm... ;)
I'm not sure if this is a language barrier here but we do NOT ask or demand builds! It's considered rude and I take it as that myself!

Thnx sir.
Will look forward to it.
This is my DD. and i m enjoying it very much.
Right now i m having random reboots while operating phone. It hangs anywhere and restarts. Other than that only issue is pc connectivity.
This aside, here is a new build candy5-release.v2.1.0-20150424-OFFICIAL-quincydcm.zip

Last edited:

dark_phoenix

Feb 6, 2013
Thnx sir,
i m currently downloading it. will try soon and revert back.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Thanks for great ROM!!
I want new build for quicydcm... ;)
whaaa? what is this. ? this not a place for demands. if you are demanding then go make yourself a new one. this is not the right way of asking for something. Developer is working very hard for this. Have some Respect.