[ROM][OFFICIAL]AOSiP 10[ALPHA]

Search This thread

onliner

Oct 29, 2016
can't install anymore Amazon Shopping, playstore said it's not available on my device. Magisk doesn't solve this issue, tried.

That's a known Play Store bug, clear Play Sore data, reboot and done

need an email client outside gmail, somethings (clean and FOSS) like Email by LineageOS wich I've used for years: suggestions?
This is the best IMO.

so at the very first boot I've setted up the fingerprint auth and it seems to be made trough goolge and not by OS, Am I right?
Yep, that's the Google setupwizard (pulled by gapps) "helping" but the info it's stored in the system.

what about firmware? Does AOSiP bring it or use the one which fond by not touching its partition?
The rom doesn't ships with firmware.

...again, I'm talking about xiaomifirmwareupdater.com, do I have to flash it?

For now: No, the firmware partitions can't be erased, so, basically you're using the firmware from the latest version of Miui that you installed in your device.

...again3, where can I find in 9/Pie kernel and baseband info?
Settings/About Phone/Tap over "Android Version"

sak96

Dec 28, 2016
Where can I get info on navigation gestures? Not able to differentiate between home and back.
Edit: solved!
Back in the thread some one mentioned something about one plus gestures is used.
OnePlus has a total of three navigation gestures
- swipe up from the center for home
- swipe up and hold from the center for recent apps
- swipe up from either side to go back

Last edited:

Alberto337

Apr 22, 2017
Catania
I can't install the latest update, and I'm talking about a clean install. The reference error is n.7. Before this I had installed the last week of xiaomi.eu with android 9 Thank you

Last edited:

onliner

Oct 29, 2016
I can't install the latest update, and I'm talking about a clean install. The reference error is n.7. Before this I had installed the last week of xiaomi.eu with android 9 Thank you

That's a know issue for the people coming from Miui Pie, install Miui Oreo (fastboot if possible) and then clean flash this rom.

Reactions: Alberto337

neetee

Nov 12, 2010
Hải Phòng
Really weird!!! About Display/ Theme Options/ Device theme (Automatic/ Dark/ Light) that works well before flashing Gapp and Magisk. But after that, device unable to set it automatically base on time of day :(((

neetee

Nov 12, 2010
Hải Phòng
Really weird!!! About Display/ Theme Options/ Device theme (Automatic/ Dark/ Light) that works well before flashing Gapp and Magisk. But after that, device unable to set it automatically base on time of day :(((
Already found the solution. Just flashing BitGapps 0.5 instead of Open Gapps and everything works perfectly now. Thank you so much for the greatest CAF/AOSP ROM I've ever tried <3 Loves from Vietnam

sak96

Dec 28, 2016
Already found the solution. Just flashing BitGapps 0.5 instead of Open Gapps and everything works perfectly now. Thank you so much for the greatest CAF/AOSP ROM I've ever tried <3 Loves from Vietnam
Or you can use open gapps pico. Worked for me.

predek

Dec 26, 2014
Hi all guys, I'm on latest MIUI Pie and as I've read few post ago, it's impossible to flash custom rom over that firmware. So... To avoid ARB issues which Is the best way to flash back oreo firmware? Is It possible that in the near future custom roms can be flashed over MIUI Pie firmware?
Thank you for your help!

Scripted27

Aug 22, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: predek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]

Android Open Source illusion Project

About Us :

AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.​

Latest Downloads :

Official Server | SourceForge Mirror

Credit/Thanks :

Mike Williams (Founder and Creator of AOSiP)

Google for Android and AOSP

LineageOS

ABC ROM

AquariOS

BootleggersROM

Dirty Unicorns

PixelExperience

OmniROM

CarbonROM

nathanchance

---------

Other projects whose work helped us to create this

And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Hosted and built on

Installation Procedure :

Have an unlocked bootloader, and TWRP installed/booted

(Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)

Wipe data and cache (don't report anything bugs if you dirty flashed over another ROM)

Flash the ROM, GApps, Magisk, or any other mods (again, don't report bugs if you can't reproduce them with just ROM and GApps)

Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!

Known Issues :
    • Double Tap to Wake (DT2W)
    • MiCamera ( for some users, explained in second post )

Reporting Bugs :

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • Include your firmware versions in reports.
    • Mention any and all Magisk modules you might be using along with the Magisk version
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSiP for Redmi Note 5/Pro, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Contributors
    akhilnarang, akhilnarang, Xlxfoxxlx
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSIP-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
    Last Updated 2020-01-29

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSIP whyred, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Contributors
    anunaym14, akhilnarang, Xlxfoxxlx
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-01-29
    Last Updated 2020-03-15
    The latest whyred build dated 20190223 was part of an experiment we ran on users, which was a roaring success and we're more than eager to share our findings, but before, some background.

For the past couple weeks some work by a certain developer has been doing the rounds - a kernel and a ROM change regarding thermals. Every user ever swore by their merits, raving about how they were getting HOURS more screen on time and miraculously low temperatures while gaming. Alright then. Our take as maintainers was clear - it's all a sham. Said kernel was simply a messy and lacking version of what we ship already and using prebuilt thermal HALs from the stock ROM is insanity.

To prove our point, we released the build in question with some goodies - the magical kernel and the miraculous thermal mod. Except we didn't. The kernel was simply renamed to look like it and the thermal mod existed entirely in the one line on the changelog. Welcome to placebo land.

As expected, all the people who harassed us over the past weeks asking for these changes were overjoyed. People were reporting better standby and screen on time and one person in particular who was always whining about temperatures during PUBG now had a device which was SIX DEGREES COOLER! Just because we SAID something!

In conclusion, it's been an enormous pain in the ass to deal with this community, and this just drove a point home which we've felt for long. We do not appreciate being told how to do our jobs and certainly don't entertain pestering bordering on harassment, so this is the end of the road. No more builds for this device shall roll out from AOSiP developers. We're done with this community.

- AOSiP whyred maintainers
    Reserved

All sources are up on https://github.com/AOSIP-Devices

Builds marked as 'Alpha' are in-development Android 10 builds, whereas builds marked as 'Official' are source upstream of Android Pie.

The new 10 build is now EAS based. Those who know me from telegram, might know that I was always preferred HMP over EAS because of lack of proper energy model which engineers spend a lot of time fine tuning. But since CAF started development of 4.14 bases kernel for sdm660, we could get some sweet EAS goodness back-ported.

WiFi Calling ( VoWiFi ) :
    With the help of testers, it was determined that, VoWiFi works from some carriers on the latest weekly firmware, so you may want to try that.

Issue with MiCamera :
    1) Front flash always on ( I don't know any fix for that as of now)
    2) Video Recording not working (Disable Image Stabilization from settings)

For quick support, you may join my telegram chat : t.me/aosip_whyred :)
    A new build will be up in a few minutes in the usual place - https://ota.aosiprom.com (changelog is already pushed incase you wanna check)

Going to leave this thread closed for a bit though.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone