[ROM][Official]AOSiP 8.1[whyred]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

saliksack

Apr 19, 2015
Guys I have one doubt? I am currently on MIUI 8.6.28 MIUI10 Rom. I want to flash this. I prefer not to wipe out my internal storage. So If I flash this rom without wiping it, Do I need to enter my phone's PIN (which is there when I was using MIUI) everyrime I reboot my phone?

raymondsanusi

Dec 10, 2013
Guys I have one doubt? I am currently on MIUI 8.6.28 MIUI10 Rom. I want to flash this. I prefer not to wipe out my internal storage. So If I flash this rom without wiping it, Do I need to enter my phone's PIN (which is there when I was using MIUI) everyrime I reboot my phone?

Depend on your twrp i think...if u flashin non miui rom it will make your phone encrypted and forced to format ur phone..

But since im using redwolf, i able to access my internal while in twrp..but it needs pin every reboot..

Theres no way to avoid this i thibk

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
I am using twrp and not rwrp. Anybody using twrp, please reply if you faced such a situation.

There is no known way around backing up your assets and formatting. Depending on how much you have that can take several h.

So my solution was biting the sour apple once, and not using MIUI anymore at all. I guess that rather encourages developers.

p181153

Apr 26, 2018
OnePlus 8T
I am no expert or something, but it is really recommended to wipe data, cache, dalvik when coming from another rom. Unlocked bootloader, installed TWRP, do the wipe, then install the rom, after that a gapps (nano seems to be working just fine, arm64), and you are good to go. I had no issues during installation doing this procedure.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 5 Pro eszközömről

Nice if that work for you like that I don't need to worry then thx

mackeev

Jan 3, 2014
Yesterday, tried it on... Now plan to stay on it! Much superior to RR or Lineage or any other ROM I tried or read about. Not sure about absence of bugs, though: magisk dropped root and fc'd today for whatever reason (I need to look into it). But we've just started.
Launcher settings made my day. Have a minor request, though: Please add an option to hide app labels in app drawer. It's possible in a lineage OS build that I use on another device. And it makes the app drawer look real pretty.
Thanks a lot for your hard work!

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found
I'm impressed with this ROM, for me it is far more better than AEX or RR. Battery Management is very good, Only problem is that there is no gcam that works with front cam, i have to use stock cam for front cam to work, if anyone here has a working front cam gcam, kindly share the link please. :)

Reactions: tuhinxp04

kepeto

Jul 26, 2006
I'm impressed with this ROM, for me it is far more better than AEX or RR. Battery Management is very good, Only problem is that there is no gcam that works with front cam, i have to use stock cam for front cam to work, if anyone here has a working front cam gcam, kindly share the link please. :)

gcam front cam is working, you need to disable HDR+

Code:
[url]https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.apk[/url]

Last edited:

mackeev

Jan 3, 2014
Anyone has Bluetooth headset working? I have a stereo headset. I managed to make the phone play music through bluetooth. But no such luck with calls: the headset just won't be recognized, all sounds will go through the handset (phone).
And one quick question from a guy who ain't steeped in cameras: how does one know that camera2api is enabled?

Reactions: hanifh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDr6rSI1.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on GOOGLE AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.​

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Shreesha Murthy
    Brett Montague
    Sri Harsha
    Harsh Shandilya​

Latest Downloads:

DOWNLOADS <-- click here
    MIRROR
    Open GApps<-- click here

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google
    DirtyUnicorns
    AICP
    ABC Rom
    Screwd
    Omni
    ---------
    Any others I may have forgotten
    All our testers

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSiP ROM for whyred, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Contributors
    akhilnarang
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-06-15
    Last Updated 2018-08-05
    Huge thanks to @Shahan_mik3 and @vasishath for their hard work on this device.
    Without that, this ROM would not have been possible :)

Also thanks to all testers for helping :)
    06/17 Changelog
    - Jelly browser and Launcher app updates
    - Added back compass, music, and cpuinfo tiles
    - Lockscreen Clock improvements
    - RIP kenzo, Hello whyred
    - Smartbar: keep pressing on ime arrows to move kb cursor
    - Ambient Music Ticker improvements
    - Disabled less-boring headsup by default
    - Disabled lauching music app on headset connect by default
    - Wakelock Blocker
    - Alarms Blocker
    - Added setting to enable Do Not Disturb during calls
    - Statusbar brightness control
    - Grid and Go Recents layout

Download links updated in OP!

You can dirty flash over previous. No need of flashing kernel, that was a test build of derp kernel because its release, now the kernel is included with the ROM :)
    Sorry for the long wait, but a new Official build is up!
    You can download the build (20180808) from -
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/illusionproject/files/whyred/
    https://get.aosiprom.com/whyred/
    https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1f4ltbpJXVlx9g_IiwiZ5GAWT1FP3qwU5
    You can check the changelog here - https://del.dog/aosip-20180809-changelog.diff

Device side, this update includes Derp v1.9 (it was built before the kernel update :p)
    Tree has been updated with the latest commits from LineageOS
    - Line audio device support
    - Navbar enabled by default
    - MIUI poweroff charging animation
    - Import QTI low power whitelist and privileged app permissions from MIUI 9.5.13
    - Missing thermalfeature lib has been added, so you shouldn't see it crashing in logs, and camera switching delay should be fixed if you faced it
    - If you were on my initial test builds, then clean flashing with goodix will be fine again too :)
    Blobs have been updated to 8.7.26 global
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone