• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India
Official builds are updated and pushed to infra, sorry for the issues with missing builds as the infra was cleaned up!

New update is here!

- June security patches
- Don't limit recorder fps to 60
- Enable Memory optimization
- Switch compression algorithm for ZRAM to LZ4
- Fixup compatibility with Magisk
- Switches to ArrowOS kernel | Thanks mochi_wwww for debloating OEM kernel source import.
- Remove smart charging feature
- Use correct gaming thermal profile
- Misc changes
- For more check here:: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Note:
Recommended Minimum firmware:
INDIA: MIUI 12.0.4.0 or above
EEA: 12.0.5.0 or above
GLOBAL: 12.0.6.0 or above

I have a TG support chat/blog now, you can msg there anything which cannot be done on XDA, I am super active on Telegram.

Donate:
PayPal
: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/kubersharma001
UPI: [email protected]
BTC: 38zb2o7zN47yw6tH7FeW8Uohf49UamRiVZ

ashjas

Feb 26, 2011
I am on May 16th build of arrow OS.
The original charger does not charge properly.
The lockscreen ui shows terrible charging speeds..
is this a known issue?
Edit: When i tested charging the device on poweroff state, the speed of charging is normal, i.e it charges super rapidly

Last edited:
Official builds are updated and pushed to infra, sorry for the issues with missing builds as the infra was cleaned up!

New update is here!

- June security patches
- Don't limit recorder fps to 60
- Enable Memory optimization
- Switch compression algorithm for ZRAM to LZ4
- Fixup compatibility with Magisk
- Switches to ArrowOS kernel | Thanks mochi_wwww for debloating OEM kernel source import.
- Remove smart charging feature
- Use correct gaming thermal profile
- Misc changes
- For more check here:: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Note:
Recommended Minimum firmware:
INDIA: MIUI 12.0.4.0 or above
EEA: 12.0.5.0 or above
GLOBAL: 12.0.6.0 or above

I have a TG support chat/blog now, you can msg there anything which cannot be done on XDA, I am super active on Telegram.

Donate:
PayPal
: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/kubersharma001
UPI: [email protected]
BTC: 38zb2o7zN47yw6tH7FeW8Uohf49UamRiVZ
how about bluetooth gamepad issue ?

Reactions: Soso2001

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Thanks for the answer but I can't find the ROM nor do I know how to get back to TWRP

It said that it downloaded it for 1.1gb so it should be somewhere on the device right? Is there a special directory it's saved in or do I have to download it manually now?

Download zip again from official website with Chrome.

Follow this guide Clean Flash custom ROMs until step 13 to get to TWRP:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/4288121/post-85137963

Reactions: EatGoodAndLive
May 27, 2021
Download zip again from official website with Chrome.

Follow this guide Clean Flash custom ROMs until step 13 to get to TWRP:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/4288121/post-85137963
Downloaded it and went to recovery but it says pitch black recovery or sth not twrp and when I click on install it doesn't find anything

I had the ROM inside the download folder and in the root folder but it didn't find it

Is it because I don't use a micro SD or maybe that recovery can't do it?

Do I need to do it on PC?

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India
I'm just interesting in the reason that removing smart charging feature.
Anyone can share it?

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Downloaded it and went to recovery but it says pitch black recovery or sth not twrp and when I click on install it doesn't find anything

I had the ROM inside the download folder and in the root folder but it didn't find it

Is it because I don't use a micro SD or maybe that recovery can't do it?

Do I need to do it on PC?

Don't use pitch black recovery, it cannot decrypt internal storage, so you cannot see anything in internal storage.

Use TWRP mentioned in step 9. It can see internal storage if it's boot from fastboot.

If you have issues, follow that guide completely. You will not face issues out of what was written there mostly.

Reactions: EatGoodAndLive

Top Liked Posts

ps: Didn't notice before but magisk app appear to be not installed (N/D), need to install it too or don't matter?

The app Magisk app is installed.

Ultima shows latest stable update by the author on internet. Turn on internet and open Magisk app, so Ultima will show something. (N/D) is probably abbreviation of No Data.

Installata is installed.
    I see, then is a bug on the rom itself no matter the method, well, no problem.

Maybe the fact i have delay on notifications can be also related to this since i didn't have this ussue before, now that i think about it.

Confirm, the scaling with the previous version working properly.

View attachment 5369403View attachment 5369401
    I can confirm too. Dirty flashing back the previous version in TWRP and wipeing cache and dalvik, everything works fine. Scaling issue is gone too.
    Hello,

I am running latest official ArrowOS (2021-07-23) and encountered a very specific problem regarding games that have LAN server hosting.
    For example in Minecraft, I can join LAN worlds hosted on other devices just fine. However if I open the world myself, I can't join from other devices, because it is not visible.
    This worked on MIUI just fine, and I can confirm it is not an issue regarding my network, because I can host on other devices.

I know this is not a significant problem and it doesn't impact all (if any) ArrowOS users, but I would be grateful if you could take a look.

Here's the logcat (I specifically ran Minecraft and entered a world, which should have started LAN hosting):

EDIT:
    I am also running Magisk with no modules, but I don't think it would impact outbound network connections.

EDIT 2:
    I have switched back to previous official because of CPU scaling issue, but this LAN connection issue is still present.
    Device Changelogs:
    09/07/21:
    - July security patches
    - Fix issues with gamepad controllers
    - Fix the "OK Google" voice trigger detection issue
    14/07/21
    - Improvements in the kernel source, upstream to latest CAF tag
    - Manual Provisioning works now (Magically)
    23/07/21
    - Fix power-off charging anim issues
    - Misc changes

Rom Changelogs:

This is the final official build which requires pre-installed manufacturer/OEM vendor and ODM partitions. OTA updates from this build will be blocked as a safeguard
    After a while, when most who have transitioned to this update, I will release the official build with custom vendor and ODM partitions (compiled from source)
    If you want to be the early adopters, you can flash the "community" variant from the website.

Donate(maintainer):
    https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/kubersharma001 | [email protected]

ArrowOS CORE team needs your help! have a read at: https://t.me/ArrowOS/1957
    We are upgrading our Infra servers as we recently lost one, help us to achieve the goal by donating here: http://paypal.me/TeamArrowOS
    1625875073908-png.5358513
    confirmed.... Google Assistant hot word "okay google" works again now, using last update (9th July)
    Hi. Just wanted to share my experience of using this ROM. Overall everything works nice and smooth and can be used for everyday. But some small issues were revealed.
    1. Autobrightness works not perfect, sometimes it goes too dark and overall brightness changings goes too fast not so smooth;
    2. Sometimes fingerprint scaner doesn't work from the first time (just goes vibration, but screen doesn't flash up and the phone stays locked);
    3. The gaming performence is not that great as on MIUI for example. I play only one game (Empires) and it's not as smooth as it should be.
    4. And one more thing. Using custom Launcher (Lawnchair), when locking the phone, it doesn't go instantly dim (as it should), but for one moment lockscreen blinks (with fullscreen Watch on it) and only after that screen goes dark and phone locks. It's not that big deal, but still.
    Other than that, the ROM is quite good, I'd say one of the best I've used so far.
    First time i do an upgrade on this device from a rom version to another, i need to copy the rom into my device and flash via recovery twrp? Then wipe cache/dalvik?
    No need to wipe data like the first time when i switched from MIUI to this rom right?
    Just install the latest twrp if you haven't already, version 3.5.2 which can decrypt data. Then just find OTA update in Arrow OS (settings / system / updater) and then download the update, and hit install. It will automatically reboot into twrp and install the update for you. If you have pin or pattern in twrp you have to enter it. That's all. No data will be erased.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi,videocalls)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. SELinux enforcing
    14. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • Chrome or some chromium-based browsers lag while scrolling this seems to be an issue with either our device's OEMs changes to their display/graphics hals or configuration. Apparently happens on multiple devices! To fix this issue you can go to chrome://flags (copy-paste/type this to chrome URL text field), search for "Android SurfaceControl" and Disable it.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: MIUI 12.0.6.0

ROM Firmware Required: MINIMUM: MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 vendor+firmware.
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    BTC: 1E8SdYFCTfCkqagYtDhR4E4Y8m4xmby9z4
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Multiple ways but here's the easiest one, flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application.

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2: As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.
    Thanks to Worldwide and multiverse (TG) for helping me debugging these builds
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    BTW, Incase anyone wasn't aware you can see last 24 hour active/installs statistics here:
    vayu is now under top10

Changes for Next update:
    Fixed WFD showing green screen while casting to laptop