Search This thread

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019

bla.tiga

Aug 17, 2015
jakarta
Bug report

Arrow os gapps 14jun21

1. If i using screen cast , and lock the phone, when still screen off after 1-2 minutes , phone auto restart by it self, weirdo...

2. Open otp apps , after splash receving inbound signal to show up the otp code, all screen splash black , so i cannot read the otp code.... Im using for receiving vpn code , so not all apps running fine...

Reactions: Luigi_2

Andmanx

Oct 30, 2015
It was pretty easy to install and to root with magisk afterwards.
Only have 2 issues so far:
1. Switched from MIUI and after running the arrow os for the first time my phone heated up. Never had heating issue before.
2. Settings icon and intro animation is terrible. It's really annoying and for now I have no idea how to change it. Creators of custom roms shouldn't really touch the main design of android.

Hello, my phone is acting strange. When I am on a call if I don't manually lock the phone the sensor that should make the screen black and avoid unintentionally inputs is not working properly. After ending a call I always find setting mixed up, as if my ear it's changing stuffs on the quick panel while I talk.

Am I the only one with this problem?

EDIT: Ok I just found out that I had "prevent accidental wake-up" was off. Could it be the reason?

Last edited:

LEIBE

Jan 21, 2011
Istanbul
How is performance in the rom? Is it better for gaming/emulation than MIUI?

Can I go back to stock after flashing Arrow OS or the rollback protection will brick my phone?

Thank you :)
Custom roms are made to be better performance and taking away bloatware and things you wouldn't use or like in the phone.
Yes you can go back to the ORIGINAL FIRMWARE

Reactions: vikinvdoom11

hfmls

Aug 12, 2009
Vila Nova de Famalicão
This is Just ridiculous. The battery life and sceen on time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210622-095306.png
    Screenshot_20210622-095306.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 178

bla.tiga

Aug 17, 2015
jakarta
How to increase performance of this rom

Browsing is often lag and stuck infinite loading.. need to click twice at same page or reload to complete the loading

Im using opera???

Need to tap airplane and tap again to refresh the connection then normal?? How to become normal connection without do ritual like that

Last edited:

FaRzE

Aug 11, 2011
- Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.

I feel very low sound when connecting headphones, does this have any solution? through modules

Top Liked Posts

Actually it's not double tap to wake. Literally there are touches that register on the screen as if a lot of fingers are tapping on it randomly. It freaks out and you can't do anything other than lock the phone to stop it.
    That didn't ever happened to me, this sound more like a hardware issue or faulty/dirty screen protector if you are lucky
    Device Changelogs:
    09/07/21:
    - July security patches
    - Fix issues with gamepad controllers
    - Fix the "OK Google" voice trigger detection issue
    14/07/21
    - Improvements in the kernel source, upstream to latest CAF tag
    - Manual Provisioning works now (Magically)
    23/07/21
    - Fix power-off charging anim issues
    - Misc changes

Rom Changelogs:

This is the final official build which requires pre-installed manufacturer/OEM vendor and ODM partitions. OTA updates from this build will be blocked as a safeguard
    After a while, when most who have transitioned to this update, I will release the official build with custom vendor and ODM partitions (compiled from source)
    If you want to be the early adopters, you can flash the "community" variant from the website.

Donate(maintainer):
    https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/kubersharma001 | [email protected]

ArrowOS CORE team needs your help! have a read at: https://t.me/ArrowOS/1957
    We are upgrading our Infra servers as we recently lost one, help us to achieve the goal by donating here: http://paypal.me/TeamArrowOS
    New update is available!
    04/08/2021

Changelogs:
    Update blobs from miui_VAYUINGlobal_V12.5.3.0.RJUINXM
    Switch to GCamGOPrebuilt-V2
    Address denials and cleanup unneeded policies
    Fix crackling sound on some loud ringtones.
    Address slow charging text issue, now it should show rapid charging with stock charger
    Further debloat power and camera drivers in kernel
    Fix screen selection issue on touching fp sensor
    Misc changes etc, please check device repositories and source changelogs for more info!

Note:
    This includes custom vendor
    You can dirty flash if you were on community
    People on older official may get OTA but do not use them, CLEAN flash is recommended!
    People on previous official can update via OTA.

Discussion chat:

Donate:

UPI: [email protected]
    Moreover have you tried if the battery draining is the same in idle?
    I'm using Vanilla-20210723 now. I get like 3% battery drain at night, which is not good but acceptable.
    I agree with your concerns. The whole optimization is for full load. I would like at least little CPU optimized for idle/sleep state of phone.
    Here 2 detailed measurements of 855+:
    It is intended. Developers calculated, which frequencies of CPU drain battery the least. It is like this - slow clock takes less power but longer time to complete a task. High clock is the other way round. Since battery drain is power multiplied by time, there is no obvious way to say, which settings is better.
    The new kernel uses frequencies, for which measurements shows the least battery drain. This should be effective, when CPU has some load. I'm not sure about situation, when CPU is mostly idle. But I have installed newer version of ArrowOS and I can't see much differences, so the kernel is not bad.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO (vayu|bhima)

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi etc)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • ArrowOS ships with source compiled vendor and odm partitions.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    FIRST INSTALL?:
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
    FLASHING UPDATES?:
    • Download via OTA Updater and let it automatically install; OR
    • Download an update, transfer to internal/external storage (always check file sha256)
    • Flash ROM zip and reboot.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu

ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 12.5.2.0 global or you can use any latest R firmware from your region as well (firmware only)
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: [email protected]
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Multiple ways but here's the easiest one, flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application.

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2: As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.
    BTW, Incase anyone wasn't aware you can see last 24 hour active/installs statistics here:
    vayu is now under top10

Changes for Next update:
    Fixed WFD showing green screen while casting to laptop