• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

flgmnft

Oct 3, 2011
How to update ROM.
Just flash from TWRP?
Without wipe anything?
Or is the other way?

I want to update IT, becouse google service crashes and i dont know why. I have try anything, wipe app cache and data. Nothing works.

Last edited:

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
How to update ROM.
Just flash from TWRP?
Without wipe anything?
Or is the other way?

I want to update IT, becouse google service crashes and i dont know why. I have try anything, wipe app cache and data. Nothing works.

Disable Google app. Then uninstall Google app update.

This seems to be Google app faulty update from Google, happens on many other Android phones that updated the Google app yesterday.

You can do it on phone. No need to flash something.

1.jpg

Remove update of "Google" app
Uninstall-app-updates-on-Google-Pixel-3.jpg

How-to-uninstall-the-app-updates-on-Pixel-3.jpg

Uninstall-the-latest-app-updates-on-Pixel-3-XL.jpg

Then reboot.

Reactions: flgmnft

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
How did you install Viper4Android? Is there a guide? I installed Viper4Android FX on Magisk, but the audio is crackling.
There's way to install Viper4Android under enforcing SElinux.

Read here:

Steps to do:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-viper4android-miui-12-magisk-21-1.4203489/post-85055001

You can edit the file manually with some text editor instead of from terminal.

wertguygywe

Jun 9, 2021
There's way to install Viper4Android under enforcing SElinux.

Read here:

Steps to do:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-viper4android-miui-12-magisk-21-1.4203489/post-85055001

You can edit the file manually with some text editor instead of from terminal.
Unfortunately, this did not work. The driver still says it's not enabled and the audio is cracking.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Unfortunately, this did not work. The driver still says it's not enabled and the audio is cracking.

Turn off ArrowOS Dirac and HIFI setting.

Remove viper module, reboot.

Remove viper app, reboot.

Reboot to twrp, wipe cache/dalvik. Boot to system.

then
1. installed Viper from Magisk repo
2. opened Viper app, installed driver, it rebooted automatically
3. once the phone started, checked the Viper driver status (abnormal)
4. Locate and edit file
Code:
/data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/post-fs-data.sh
5. Add this text to the end of the file
Code:
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }'
3. save, reboot phone
4. go to viper4android app and toggle legacy mode off and on, it should work now with legacy mode enabled

wertguygywe

Jun 9, 2021
Would you know why the Viber4Android FX magisk module does not install the app (it used to the first time)? It immediately says there is an update available after install, and after rebooting, the app still isn't there. I have to manually install it.

This is after wiping cache,

wertguygywe

Jun 9, 2021
Turn off ArrowOS Dirac and HIFI setting.

Remove viper module, reboot.

Remove viper app, reboot.

Reboot to twrp, wipe cache/dalvik. Boot to system.

then
1. installed Viper from Magisk repo
2. opened Viper app, installed driver, it rebooted automatically
3. once the phone started, checked the Viper driver status (abnormal)
4. Locate and edit file
Code:
/data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/post-fs-data.sh
5. Add this text to the end of the file
Code:
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }'
3. save, reboot phone
4. go to viper4android app and toggle legacy mode off and on, it should work now with legacy mode enabled
Unfortunately, after trying all of these steps. The driver is enabled, however it is not processing ~~still not enabled~~ and the audio is cracking.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Yes, all sounds.

Also, the driver says:

```
Driver version: 2.5.0.4
NEON enabled: yes
Enabled: Yes
Audio format: Supported
Processing: Yes
Sampling rate: 48000
```

This is with `Master limiter` on as a YT video is playing. It's still cracking.

Even the phone ringing sound and alarm clock sound is cracking?

Then backup your data and Clean Flash official MIUI back. If it is still cracking in official MIUI, it's high chance of hardware issue. Find Xiaomi repair center to fix it.

If Clean Flash official MIUI fix the issue, then clean flash ArrowOS to see if it's still present.

LEIBE

Jan 21, 2011
Istanbul
Even the phone ringing sound and alarm clock sound is cracking?

Then backup your data and Clean Flash official MIUI back. If it is still cracking in official MIUI, it's high chance of hardware issue. Find Xiaomi repair center to fix it.

If Clean Flash official MIUI fix the issue, then clean flash ArrowOS to see if it's still present
I don't think your phone is bad when I disable the VIPER module WORKS FİNE AGAİN.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I don't think your phone is bad when I disable the VIPER module WORKS FİNE AGAİN.

The mention steps only makes the Viper app works. That's what he asked for.

For Viper settings, find profiles or adjust it manually.

The settings varies for different speakers and headphones, so there's no standard.

If there's cracking, you have to find out how to adjust.

If it's bothersome to do manually, then just give up using Viper.

Personally don't use Viper either.

arkonoiid

May 1, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I have a weird bug on the june 16 version,
- I don't receive SMS notification
- fingerprint unlock is very slow

it's like the phone is in deep sleep mode
and I need to push the power button to wake the phone up
then the phone notify me of the sms
and the fingerprint unlock work flawlessly fast again.

Last edited:
Yes, all sounds.

Also, the driver says:

```
Driver version: 2.5.0.4
NEON enabled: yes
Enabled: Yes
Audio format: Supported
Processing: Yes
Sampling rate: 48000
```

This is with `Master limiter` on as a YT video is playing. It's still cracking.
Just use Ainur Narsil Magisk module. Simple and sound is awesome.

Top Liked Posts

Hey,

i also flashed 2021/7/31 official version (dirty flash) yesterday through OTA, can't really remember my previous installed version but it was 7/23 or older, i'm on GLOBAL 12.0.6.0 Firmware (installed a few weeks ago), here is my CPU-Z Screenshot:
    View attachment 5376195
    Minimum clock speed is much lower than in your screenshot, is that what you meant? Is this "good"?

greets

Very good, they revert the scaling change to the stock values, thank you for the screenshoot, will install and try myself now.
    So, i'm testing it, noticed some minor bugs:
    - Display statistics uwhile recharging the phone in the lock screen is no more, just fast charging with the %, no more volts, ampere and watts.

- The call recorder in dialer isn't here, is me or dev remove it?
    How i can bring this back? Is possible to extract the app from the old version and reinstall here?

- USB debug option is not saved, at the next device reboot i need to activate it again.

- 2 tap wake-up do not work the first time i boot the device, need to press the power button, after working as should do.

- Downloading a file with DDGo is have the same name everytime.
    Tell us if all working ok. :)

ps: Page 37 for the link.
    Flashing dirty over the 29-07 build does not work.

I'll just deal with the stuttering and test out the next build, unless I can figure out how to downgrade or decide to do a clean flash. Whichever comes first!

Otherwise, everything seems to be working well.
    Flashing dirty over the 29-07 build does not work.

I'll just deal with the stuttering and test out the next build, unless I can figure out how to downgrade or decide to do a clean flash. Whichever comes first!

Otherwise, everything seems to be working well.

While you did it, i restore the original stock vendor using Xiaomi.eu MIUI from here. This rom do not overwrite TWRP on devices with bootloader unlocked.
    I used this one:
    xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOX3Pro_V12.5.2.0.RJUMIXM_v12-11.zip

Then i flashed via twrp, formata data, boot it (it took 5-6 minutes) to see if everything goes smooth, then reboot into TWRP again and flash arrowOS 07.09 again, format data, then flash magisk and complete the installation once boot up into the os.
    Now is working all, all the missing features are back, is smooth and fast like before, all the bugs i had in the last build mentioned above disappeared, the scrolling while browsing the web is back smooth without stutters.

But, for an unknow reason, i lost the call recoding in the process, i reflashed the EEA 12.5.1.0 official firmware from 12.5.2.0 global but nothing. Need to find a way to restore this feature on the dialer, was usefull.

Sorry to say this, but these last version of ArrowOS are filled with micro bugs and performance issues that ruin, at least for me, the whole experience.
    @pl1992aw

Hi, how i can completely wipe my customized settings? Overwriting the new rom and doing a format data have not effect, some settings are still preserved. I don't want to mess up so i'm asking if there is a safe way to do so.

Remember that in my old N4 there were a /system dir, but it is missing here.

I'm not sure how after format data did not remove settings.

Maybe that is default settings?

Maybe try format data twice?

Maybe the settings you said preserved were done with root, which format data should not have remove root?

Maybe flash the ROM again and format data?

Maybe some data were stored in microSD card so it stays?

From your last reply, maybe it's not needed anymore.
    Device Changelogs:
    09/07/21:
    - July security patches
    - Fix issues with gamepad controllers
    - Fix the "OK Google" voice trigger detection issue
    14/07/21
    - Improvements in the kernel source, upstream to latest CAF tag
    - Manual Provisioning works now (Magically)
    23/07/21
    - Fix power-off charging anim issues
    - Misc changes

Rom Changelogs:

This is the final official build which requires pre-installed manufacturer/OEM vendor and ODM partitions. OTA updates from this build will be blocked as a safeguard
    After a while, when most who have transitioned to this update, I will release the official build with custom vendor and ODM partitions (compiled from source)
    If you want to be the early adopters, you can flash the "community" variant from the website.

Donate(maintainer):
    https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/kubersharma001 | [email protected]

ArrowOS CORE team needs your help! have a read at: https://t.me/ArrowOS/1957
    We are upgrading our Infra servers as we recently lost one, help us to achieve the goal by donating here: http://paypal.me/TeamArrowOS
    Moreover have you tried if the battery draining is the same in idle?
    I'm using Vanilla-20210723 now. I get like 3% battery drain at night, which is not good but acceptable.
    I agree with your concerns. The whole optimization is for full load. I would like at least little CPU optimized for idle/sleep state of phone.
    Here 2 detailed measurements of 855+:
    It is intended. Developers calculated, which frequencies of CPU drain battery the least. It is like this - slow clock takes less power but longer time to complete a task. High clock is the other way round. Since battery drain is power multiplied by time, there is no obvious way to say, which settings is better.
    The new kernel uses frequencies, for which measurements shows the least battery drain. This should be effective, when CPU has some load. I'm not sure about situation, when CPU is mostly idle. But I have installed newer version of ArrowOS and I can't see much differences, so the kernel is not bad.
    So I attempted to dirty flash back down to v11.0-20210614-GAPPS but keep getting the looping boot animation of the ArrowOS logo w/ a spark going around it in a circular motion. Can't believe this is happening to me today, smh.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi,videocalls)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. SELinux enforcing
    14. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • ArrowOS ships with source compiled vendor and odm partitions.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu

ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 12.5.2.0 global or you can use any latest R firmware from your region as well (firmware only)
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    BTC: 1E8SdYFCTfCkqagYtDhR4E4Y8m4xmby9z4
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Multiple ways but here's the easiest one, flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application.

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2: As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.
    Thanks to Worldwide and multiverse (TG) for helping me debugging these builds
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.
    BTW, Incase anyone wasn't aware you can see last 24 hour active/installs statistics here:
    vayu is now under top10

Changes for Next update:
    Fixed WFD showing green screen while casting to laptop