Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

teosc

Apr 5, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
In the developer options I don't see "Skip screen Lock" which allowed you to go directly to the unlock signal without swiping up first.

Doesn't it exist in this room or in general have they removed it in android 11?

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I'm currently on 12.0.5 EEA ROM. Can I flash it or need to change firmware. I'm new in custom ROMs btw
ArrowOS tells you to use 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0, then do that if you don't want to face issues.

You can try with your 12.0.5.0 EEA ROM, but you may end up with boot-loop or bugs.

You can try and find out.
Many things are just try and error.

Last edited:
Reactions: urbanman2004
ArrowOS tells you to use 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0, then do that if you don't want to face issues.

You can try with your 12.0.5.0 EEA ROM, but you many end up with boot-loop or bugs.

I daily that device so I don't want to boot loop it or something. So I should change my ROM to global

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I daily that device so I don't want to boot loop it or something. So I should change my ROM to global
Firstly
  • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
  • Unlock the bootloader

A) If you enjoy with MIUI ->
either "official ROM global" or "MIUI by xiaomi.eu"

B) If you don't like MIUI, but you want safe use ->
  1. flash either "official ROM global" or "MIUI by xiaomi.eu" version 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0
  2. I consider safe way: boot into MIUI once
  3. Then follow OP post
Instructions
  • Transfer ROM to internal storage
  • Install any suitable recovery
  • Flash ROM zip file
  • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
  • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
C) If you don't like MIUI, but you are so lazy to flash other firmware/ROM that the developer told you to before flashing ArrowOS/EliteROM/DotOS/etc.->
Instructions
  • Flash ROM zip file

If you follow C), don't complain anything if you boot-loop or have bugs.

Also there is a guide on how to install ArrowOS, you can read it:

Last edited:

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
  • Dec 30, 2015
    New Delhi , India

You can try with your 12.0.5.0 EEA ROM, but you many end up with boot-loop or bugs.

They should work in my opinion, but since no one has tested them yet, you can try.
    You can always come back to 12.0.6.0 global in case those don't work

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
  • Dec 30, 2015
    New Delhi , India
    Now, it seems most of the bugs are squashed so I am pushing the device sources at ArrowOS-Devices org at GitHub in a while: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices?q=vayu

People who see that XiaomiParts strings are not translated can translate them by looking at this: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/.../blob/arrow-11.0/parts/res/values/strings.xml and make a PR
    Example: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/...mits/e61a20a116e71fc49a4238cc12bab0c3a40e921c
    Also, you can help translate ArrowOS in your lang here: https://crowdin.com/project/arrowos

thanks

Last edited:

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
    Does the boot.img file, to be patched with Magisk and flashed in fastboot, change between the various versions that are received via OTA or is it always the same?

You can just flash it the normal way in twrp (by Nebrassy) by renaming the magisk.apk downloaded to magisk.zip.

After ArrowOS is booted up, uninstall the magisk there and reinstall it with magisk.apk and start it.

teosc

Apr 5, 2012
    Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
    You can just flash it the normal way in twrp (by Nebrassy) by renaming the magisk.apk downloaded to magisk.zip.

After ArrowOS is booted up, uninstall the magisk there and reinstall it with magisk.apk and start it.

I know how to patch and flash, my question was about the boot.img file.

In these versions the boot.img file is always the same?
    2021-05-06
    2021-05-05
    2021-05-02

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
    I know how to patch and flash, my question was about the boot.img file.

In these versions the boot.img file is always the same?
    2021-05-06
    2021-05-05
    2021-05-02

There are 2 ways of installing magisk.

You can install it by flashing the patched boot.img file through fastbootd or just flashing the magisk.zip through recovery (twrp) downloaded from magisk Github. The way I am referring to in my earlier post is the 2nd way which is easier (no need to patch the boot.img). If you want to use the 1st way, the boot.img should be the one in the Arrow which you are going to flash.

Boot.img include kernel which is one of the scope subject to regular update. Best is to patch it based on the copy extracted from the rom which you are going to flash to ensure that you get the latest update.

Last edited:

juv3nal

May 3, 2013
    Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
    Changes for next update:
    May security patches/ASB
    Fixed smart charging denials
    Improvements to Ambient Display
    Increase reserved partition space on both vanilla (to allow bigger gapps packages to be flashed) and gapps (to allow extra changes to be flashed or to allow survival scripts to work)
    Minor changes and fixes
    Hi, I'm running the latest version. Where is the ambient display setting please. I can't see it, sorry!

Just tried the latest version, so here's a bit of feedback

1. Menu navigation method is set to gesture mode by default, so I had to set it to 3-button mode.
    2. If I decide to run Scrcpy with settings that crop the screen, the screen on the actual phone also crops, I'm not sure if that's intentional.
    3. If I have an 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ in DirectInput mode connected through either Bluetooth or USB, the A button does not work at all. This isn't a problem with the stock or Xiaomi.eu ROMs.

Other than that, I do like the performance gains I get with ArrowOS. It's just frustrating that I am unable to use it with emulation.

ianseer

Sep 27, 2010
    Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
    Nice rom, so far so good, well done dev...

but, is it just me? Does anyone experiencing live wallpaper (KLWP) doesnt work?

edit:
    after restart, it works like a charm apparently...all good!

Last edited:

seewhy

Feb 5, 2008
    Hi nice ROM kubersharma, everything is mostly working, but I find that the refresh rate is stuck at the Maximum all the time. Is it suppose to be like that or it is supposed to vary?
    Also is there a way to get XiaoMI camera installed in this ROM?
    Thanks

Top Liked Posts

How is performance in the rom? Is it better for gaming/emulation than MIUI?

Can I go back to stock after flashing Arrow OS or the rollback protection will brick my phone?

Thank you :)
      Custom roms are made to be better performance and taking away bloatware and things you wouldn't use or like in the phone.
      Yes you can go back to the ORIGINAL FIRMWARE
      Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
      BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (or lets some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.
      I am not using the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen
      "Be safe than sorry"
      Official builds are updated and pushed to infra, sorry for the issues with missing builds as the infra was cleaned up!

New update is here!

- June security patches
      - Don't limit recorder fps to 60
      - Enable Memory optimization
      - Switch compression algorithm for ZRAM to LZ4
      - Fixup compatibility with Magisk
      - Switches to ArrowOS kernel | Thanks mochi_wwww for debloating OEM kernel source import.
      - Remove smart charging feature
      - Use correct gaming thermal profile
      - Misc changes
      - For more check here:: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Note:
      Recommended Minimum firmware:
      INDIA: MIUI 12.0.4.0 or above
      EEA: 12.0.5.0 or above
      GLOBAL: 12.0.6.0 or above

I have a TG support chat/blog now, you can msg there anything which cannot be done on XDA, I am super active on Telegram.

Donate:
      PayPal
      : https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/kubersharma001
      UPI: [email protected]
      BTC: 38zb2o7zN47yw6tH7FeW8Uohf49UamRiVZ
      anyone here can upload the May 7th ROM zip file? it's not from arrowos.net
      Any chance to solve the NFC issue related to the NFC payments?
      Thanks devel.
      Sadly I do not have the NFC variant but It works for some people, and while for others it fails. Kinda confusing but will see later on
      такая же проблема, и при подходе к платежному терминалу Google pay выдает ошибку! не на всех терминалах, но награды исправьте ошибку.

Appreciate your answer, but this is an English forum.
      I'm not English, I'm Spanish, and I write in English, that's not my matter.
      Please, follow rules next time.
      logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO

ABOUT
      ArrowOS
      is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
      Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Code Review: review.arrowos.net
      E-mail: arrowos.contact
      PayPal: Donate to us
      Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
      1. Audio
      2. Bluetooth
      3. Camera
      4. Dt2w
      5. Display
      6. Torch
      7. Battery/Notification LED
      8. Sensors
      9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi,videocalls)
      10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
      11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
      12. GPS/Location
      13. SELinux enforcing
      14. Almost everything?
      NOTE:
      • Chrome or some chromium-based browsers lag while scrolling this seems to be an issue with either our device's OEMs changes to their display/graphics hals or configuration. Apparently happens on multiple devices! To fix this issue you can go to chrome://flags (copy-paste/type this to chrome URL text field), search for "Android SurfaceControl" and Disable it.​
      WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
      1. You tell us.​
      Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
      Click here to Download
      Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
      • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
      • Unlock the bootloader
      • Flash ROM zip file

Read our blog article/post about:
      * HOW-TO report a bug
      * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
      * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Kernel Source: MIUI 12.0.6.0

ROM Firmware Required: MINIMUM: MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 vendor+firmware.
      Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
      BTC: 1E8SdYFCTfCkqagYtDhR4E4Y8m4xmby9z4
      You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
      A1: Multiple ways but here's the easiest one, flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application.

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
      A2: As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
      This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
      (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.
      Thanks to Worldwide and multiverse (TG) for helping me debugging these builds
      Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
      - Yellow tint on screen
      - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
      - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
      - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
      - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
      - Other minor improvements and fixes.
      BTW, Incase anyone wasn't aware you can see last 24 hour active/installs statistics here:
      vayu is now under top10

Changes for Next update:
      Fixed WFD showing green screen while casting to laptop
      Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
      BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (or lets some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.
      I am not using the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen
      "Be safe than sorry"